[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Eunbin just posted a video of her playing the piano. This girl is really so talented! 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGz2dLzn3ov/?igshid=woyyso1ay6f7

@annamchoi glad to know you are already feeling better. :)

I can't even think about a different drama right now. It's really very hard to move on from our dimple couple. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2

13 minutes ago, cherrhys88 said:

Eunbin just posted a video of her playing the piano. This girl is really so talented! 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGz2dLzn3ov/?igshid=woyyso1ay6f7

@annamchoi glad to know you are already feeling better. :)

I can't even think about a different drama right now. It's really very hard to move on from our dimple couple. 

Yes. Saying goodbye and letting Go aint easy..

Thanks for the clip! and thank you yes! feeling much better now.:)

Heres another clip PEB playing Moonlight Sonata..shes the sweetest.❤

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGz3LdiHoCn/?igshid=hicv91gfm5mx

I wonDer if Min Jae will make his presence later..haha

I feel that Eunbin knew that we are having withdrawals since there will be no DYLB to look forward too..

@larus thanks for the articles...

• Like 6
  • Love 8

Today is Monday. The aftermath of our finale last week.

Although i miss our couple and I surely miss all of our spazzing over them and the butt-kicking frustrations at the annoying characters (even objects lol) on Mon-Tues, it feels good to be like this:

tenor.gif

:joy:

@annamchoi awww! i will miss butt kicking with you too and glad you are doing better! Also, if you are watching a new drama, you can tag me anytime and i will see if it’s to my taste to watch it. We can kick butts again that way as well :P in the meantime, it’s time we get our relaxation. Join me at the spa above :lol:

also, to everyone else: always feel free to tag me if you guys are watching a drama that is of interest. If it also catches my attention, I will watch it as well and we can spazz and rant altogether ;) :D

@Jillia any new saeguks for us to watch? I am a fan of saeguks too but so far, I don’t think there are any new ones coming out except Nine Tale Fox (mix of modern). That may be my next to go drama...

:rubchin:

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

Hi Chingus .. We may not have B Day anymore, but this monday was a holiday in my corner of the globe. 

So a little inspired by @Jillia's list , I tried to write my own episode for today . I was trying to write a happy JoonSong date with fluff feat honest communication , but it got way too long   :D

Min Sung was almost done with her Post Doctoral studies and would be moving to a different lab in 6 months. To make full use of her last few days in New York, She decided to eat a lot of the famed New York cheesecakes and made Bucket List after another as she completed them as if it were a death mission. 

Being the best friend, Song Ah was inevitably bombarded with them and asked for her opinion even though she had barely set foot in New York, and Min Sung’s constant whining about how it would be even better if they could hang out together made her really consider planning a trip to New York.

Team Leader Cha told her earlier that week that she’d have to use up her vacation days by the end of the year. And she had just received an email from Chris about Joon Yong’s concert in New York. She took this as a sign from the heavens above that she just had to be in New York in August 2022 and started planning for it. And her plans were nothing if not meticulous. 

Joon Yong was on his flight from Berlin to New York. He had unintentionally avoided schedules in New York for the past 2 years. The last time he was in New York, Jung Kyung had collapsed the safe fort of lies he had built over the years and taken refuge in, by kissing him. Thankfully all of that was in the past, he now had Song Ah. But for some reason, his mind was stirring up all the ugly and bitter memories that followed. He wanted to get it off his head but was apprehensive about telling Song Ah. He vividly remembered chasing after her and trying to assure her that nothing happened between him and Jung Kyung when he’d forgotten her violin case. Leading her into the confrontation between him, Jung Kung, and Hyeon Ho. She told him she believed him then and had never brought it up since. The night she had seen the schedule Chris sent, she informed him that she was an expert on anything and everything New York, thanks to Min Sung. He wondered how she’d react if he’d asked her to recommend ways to erase his memories of the city. His flight landed. He walked out to the terminal, greeted the organizers, checked in to the hotel, freshened up, and went to the rehearsal for the next day’s concert. Somehow, he had pushed the thoughts away and completed the rehearsal. But once he was back in the waiting room, ready to leave for the day, they came back to haunt him. As he was reaching for Song Ah’s handkerchief he’d kept in his pocket, he heard a knock. Yes? he answered facing the door.

When Song Ah walked into the waiting room, the first thing she noticed was him clenching the handkerchief she’d given him tightly, a troubled expression on his face. She greeted him “Joon Yong ssi? Is everything okay?”

He blinked at her in disbelief for a few seconds before replying,” Song Ah ssi! When did you come?”

“To New York? I came last week, ’ve been staying with Min Sungie. I wanted to surprise you. You had no idea I’d be here, did you ?” she giggled and reached out for his hand. 

Only when he’d felt the warmth of her hand against the stark coldness of their ring, he finally came to the conclusion that he wasn’t hallucinating. Song Ah was indeed in New York, in front of him. Song Ah ssi, you are actually here! he remarked and wasted no time drawing her closer to him and kissing her. He nuzzled into her neck softly when they broke apart and whispered to her “ I missed you”. 

“I know, I missed you too, that’s why I’m here. This is just the beginning of the surprise though! Should we walk back to your hotel? I think it’s nearby ?” she asked. She reached out to hold his hand again and as they were walking along the streets he decided he had to tell her everything. “Song Ah ssi, there’s something I have to tell you “

“What is it ?” 

She listened without interrupting as he told her about the last time he was in New York, Jung Kyung had kissed him and fled without saying anything, how she denied it when he brought it up, her proclaiming she was in love with him and breaking up with Hyeon Ho and her later admitting it was more out of jealousy. He admitted that he agreed to accompany her because he thought her being a professor at Soeryeong would mean she wouldn’t have to be jealous anymore and also to assuage his indebtedness to her family and the foundation. 

He paused for a second as if to contemplate whether he should say more. And she squeezed his hand in reassurance. He finally told her about the recurring debts from his father that Jung Kyung had paid off to keep him tied to her and how it dented his self-esteem. He told her it was the final straw that he needed to break away from her and that’s why he decided to stop meeting her. He quickly added that he had paid them off as soon as he had started touring again and that she wouldn’t have to worry about anything. But if it was anything she was worried about, it was him. He was holding her hand so tightly as if he was scared she’d flee the moment he let go

She looked up at him, eyes wide and filled with tears. I’m sorry. She paused to control her voice, he panicked. She continued to speak, though she couldn’t stop the tears “I’m sorry I made things harder for you then. Everyone kept telling me I wasn’t good enough to play the violin even to be a part of the chamber. That I wasn’t good enough to be with you.But that someone like Jung Kyung ssi, it was fine if you accompanied her because she was talented unlike me. I messed everything up in my head and kept hurting myself. I thought I’d forced you to be with me when you hadn’t moved on yet and that I probably didn’t deserve to be with you given how little talent I had. Each time I saw the two of you together I just assumed the worst and kept hurting myself. I’m sorry I didn’t give you a chance to tell me all of this earlier. “

His grip on her hands became more comforting, he slowly nudged her to meet his eyes “I love you. You are the only person I’ve felt this way about. I doubt I would have told you all of this earlier even if you had let me. Back then, I thought I was protecting you by not telling you all of this. I haven’t thought about all of this in ages. Maybe it was because I came to New York, all of these came up again. And since you are here, I just had to tell you so that we could say goodbye to those times. Please don’t feel bad, okay? “ he was almost pleading with her at this point. She took a deep breath and smiled at him. 

Even though rain clouds were gathering around, he felt like there was sunshine back in his world again. She looked around them, leaned on his shoulders, and calmly said “ Annyeong”. “Annyeong”, he repeated after her. “Thank you for being with me today, now when I think of New York, I’ll only think about Song Ah -ssi’s sweet surprise “ She smiled at him, “but I don’t feel like doing anything now, can we just be here? “. “I don’t mind, but it looks like it may start to rain though “. As soon as he said it aloud, it did indeed start to drizzle. “I have an umbrella,” he said proudly. She just looked up at him smiling and kissed him in the rain. He was shocked for a few seconds, when she pulled back and then he kissed her again. This time though, she started giggling as he kissed her and when he looked at her, “Let’s go there so that we don’t have to drenched” she shouted over the rain and dragged him along inside a cafe “. 

He watched as she calmly ordered hot chocolate for herself and a green tea for him. “Song Ah ssi, now that we can kiss in the rain , like in the movies will you let me tie your shoelaces too? "

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 7
  • Thanks 2

@Ameera Ali I had a secret wish for them to dance, so I was very happy to see BinJae do a short waltz in the BTS :)

@Jillia Feeling each other breath, like being in tune with each other. I think understand that line a little bit more now.

@vangsweetie637 For sageuks, I am also waiting for "Queen Cheorin" in December too (I hope). If there is overlap with "Secret Royal Investigator", we will see the leads of "Angel's Last Mission: Love" starring in their own drama. (Me excited and humming "It's the most wonderful time of the year")

@Abirami Ramakrishnan Hoping for more future episodes, like leading up to the wedding maybe? Got teary-eyed with this one, thank you. Ok, going to re-read Monday's episode now :)

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

@Jillia haha we're in the same boat as knetz. Seeing is torture but not seeing is even more torture. Lesser of two evils. Also love the page turning gif. Even with all the secrets and misunderstandings, it always felt like joonsong was more in sync with each other than with anyone else :wub:

@Abirami Ramakrishnan thank you for the scene. A lovely little gift to start my day :doggie:Is it too much to wish for more? ㅋㅋㅋ

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

“Do You Like Brahms?” Rises To No. 1 On Buzzworthy Dramas List + Kim Min Jae Tops Cast Ranking

Oct 27, 2020
by S. Nam

3418e90311a347dba03c3abe4f5eeeac.jpeg?s=

On October 27, Good Data Corporation shared the weekly rankings of the dramas and cast members that generated the most buzz for the week of October 19 through October 25. The company collected data from news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media for currently airing or upcoming dramas.

Following its finale, SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” rose one spot from the previous week to top the buzzworthy drama list. On the ranking for cast members, Kim Min Jae rose three spots to take No. 1 for the first time. Park Eun Bin also rose one spot to No. 1.

tvN’s “Record of Youth” followed close behind as the No. 2 buzzworthy drama, and Park Bo Gum also took the No. 2 spot for buzzworthy cast member after previously topping the list for seven consecutive weeks. Park So Dam came in seventh place.

In third place was tvN’s “Start-Up,” with lead actors Suzy and Nam Joo Hyuk ranking third and fifth, respectively, on the actors’ ranking.

Furthermore, the new MBC drama “The Spies Who Loved Me” starring Yoo In Na, Shinhwa’s Eric, and Im Joo Hwan also entered the list of top 10 dramas at eighth place, and Yoo In Na entered the cast members ranking at No. 10.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz this past week are as follows:

1. SBS “Do You Like Brahms?” – 17.81 percent
  2. tvN “Record of Youth” – 15.03 percent
  3. tvN “Start-Up” – 14.72 percent
  4. tvN “Tale of the Nine-Tailed” – 10.06 percent
  5. JTBC “18 Again” – 6.23 percent
  6. KBS2 “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol” – 3.80 percent
  7. SBS “Alice” – 3.58 percent
  8. MBC “The Spies Who Loved Me” – 3.18 percent
  9. JTBC “More Than Friends” – 3.08 percent
  10. OCN “Search” – 3.03 percent

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1434140wpp/do-you-like-brahms-rises-to-no-1-on-buzzworthy-dramas-list-kim-min-jae-tops-cast-ranking

• Love 9
  • Thanks 2

Such good news, DYLB is consistently in top 3 and BinJae in top 5 throughout October, even if new dramas came.I like to think our highly active and energetic forum also contributed to the buzz-worthiness of DYLB :) 

Last BTS threads all BTS in one film reel, can watch BinJae longer together, like 1 hour and 30 minutes looongg!!

Thank you for the updates! @cherrhys88 @annamchoi@larus

@cherrhys88 Thanks for sharing the wedding cover of OST piano album, makes the music even sweeter!!

Agree with you @Jillia  this well-made drama is so deserving of buzz and recognition. I like that with consistent viewer ratings between 5-6% meant a core group of K-fans judged DYLB a memorable "10". While rama ratings are one thing, the buzz it creates is also equally important nowadays. And I swear too that I would welcome pics from knetz everyday, even if it "k___s" me as you said :wub:

Cast visits pianist Son Yeol-eum and violinist So-Hyun Ko. Registration date of article: 7.15.2020

[Do you like SBS Brahms?] Park Eun-bin x Kim Min-jae, pianist Son Yeol-eum performance certification shot

• Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1