[Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산

larus

@larus IQiyi sorta like Netflix of China l. I remember installing the app cos I wanted to check a high school Chinese drama and a BL cos I coiuldn't find it anwhere :D So this Mount Jiri gonna be on iQiyi.  I guess because Netflix already has the rights to the director's other drama that big budget expensive adaptation of webtoon called Sweet Home?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jongski said:

Qiyi sorta like Netflix of China l. I remember installing the app cos I wanted to check a high school Chinese drama and a BL cos I coiuldn't find it anwhere :D So this Mount Jiri gonna be on iQiyi.  I guess because Netflix already has the rights to the director's other drama that big budget expensive adaptation of webtoon called Sweet Home?

If it is a Chinese platform how it is going to be worldwilde? Maybe we`ll hear more news about this. I would like to be on Netflix.

• 2 weeks later...

Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon’s New Drama By “Kingdom” Writer Unveils 1st Glimpse Of Its Leads

4312216455c14daab4151f83f30080af.jpeg?s=

Oct 31, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Mount Jiri” (working title) has revealed its first sneak peek of its stars Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon in character!

“Mount Jiri” is a mystery drama that will tell the story of people who climb through the mysterious and unexplored regions of Korea’s Mount Jiri. Jun Ji Hyun will star in the drama as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, while Joo Ji Hoon will star as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo.

The drama will be penned by Kim Eun Hee, the writer of many famous dramas including “Signal,” “Ghost,” and “Kingdom”—in which both Joo Ji Hoon and Jun Ji Hyun appeared—and helmed by Lee Eung Bok, the director behind the hit dramas “Goblin,” “Descendants of the Sun,” “Mr. Sunshine,” and more.

On October 29, “Mount Jiri” held its first day of outdoor filming. Before the first shoot, director Lee Eung Bok remarked, “I’m truly grateful to be working with such a great cast and crew. I will work even harder and do my utmost to figure out ways to make filming safe and more fun for everyone.”

The upcoming drama also released its very first glimpse of its leads: new stills that capture Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon in their respective roles as daring park rangers Seo Yi Kang and Kang Hyun Jo. The blurriness of Jun Ji Hyun’s photo hints at the action-packed nature of the drama, while the palpable tension in Joo Ji Hoon’s photo ominously suggests that danger may lie ahead for the two partners.

Jun-Ji-Hyun1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1434907wpp/jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoons-new-drama-by-kingdom-writer-unveils-1st-glimpse-of-its-leads

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/10/30/first-look-at-jeon-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoon-in-full-climber-mode-for-k-drama-mount-jiri/

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hello chingus! I like Jun Ji Hun & watched some of her dramas so far. She is really brilliant! And looking forward for what she has in here. And @Jillia chingu, is this a pre-produced drama??! I feel like it's ages ago I saw the casting news of the leads. Still so far for the 2nd half of 2021. :huh:

@JilliaThank you for the heads up! Sep 2021! Ahhh... and there I was thinking it will air 1st half of 2021! Ah well... as long as it finally airs, that's the main thing. I am still waiting impatiently for KEH's other works to pan out (I'm looking at you, Signal S2!) I can't really visualise the plot structure with Mount Jiri yet, but am trusting KEH to work her magic, bolstered by a wonderful cast. Can't wait!

• Like 1

@Jillia I didn't realise that there are dramas that have not been picked up by a broadcast station. Was under the (obviously wrong) assumption that dramas are produced when they have confirmed the broadcasting station. Definitely good news then that tvN has picked it up! Am hoping Netflix does too. 

• Love 1

8685080e1ffc49bc8edbea82886339d8.jpeg?s=

Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon Transform Into Hardworking Mountain Rangers In New Drama

Dec 10, 2020

by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “Mount Jiri” (working title) has released new stills of its lead actors!

“Mount Jiri” is a mystery drama about people who climb through the mysterious and unexplored regions of Mount Jiri, the largest mountain on the South Korean mainland. Jun Ji Hyun stars as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon stars as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo. The drama is written by Kim Eun Hee, who wrote Netflix’s “Kingdom” series, and Lee Eung Bok, who directed “Mr. Sunshine.”

In the new stills, Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon gear up in mountaineering clothes, either dressed down in casual windbreakers and hiking shoes or in full ranger gear with backpacks, walkie-talkies, GPS devices, portable lights, and walking sticks.

Spoiler

jun-ji-hyun-joo-ji-hoon.jpg

“Mount Jiri” is scheduled to air sometime in 2021.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1442725wpp/jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoon-transform-into-hardworking-mountain-rangers-in-new-drama

• Like 3

December 10 2020

Still images for tvN drama series “Jiri Mountain”

Jiri_Mountain-SI01.jpg

Here’s still images from tvN drama series “Jiri Mountain” starring Gianna Jun & Ju Ji-Hoon. The photo above is the first from the filming set that shows Gianna Jun and Ju Ji-Hoon appearing together. Meanwhile, filming for the drama series has been paused until December 20, 2020 due to the rise of Covid-19 cases.

“Jiri Mountain” will air on tvN sometime next year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Rangers work to save people at Jiri Mountain National Park.

Seo Yi-Gang (Gianna Jun) is the best ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. She knows virtually everything about the area, including where to climb the mountain.

Kang Hyun-Jo (Ju Ji-Hoon) is a rookie ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. He graduated from the military academy and was once an army captain. He has a secret that he can’t tell anyone about.

These two people become partners and they work to save people around Jiri Mountain National Park.

Jiri_Mountain-SI02jpg.jpg

Jiri_Mountain-SI03.jpg

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/still-images-for-tvn-drama-series-jiri-mountain

• Like 3

Jun Ji Hyun is my favorite korean actress and I still get shocked with how stunning she is, she looks like she hasn't aged a single year lol So this is a mystery drama, It's gonna be interesting seeing her acting in this kind of genre, I'm excited to watch it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, paolaadl said:

So this is a mystery drama, It's gonna be interesting seeing her acting in this kind of genre, I'm excited to watch it.

I don`t think it is a mystery drama (not the classical mystery I think of). I know that some sourses say that it is a mystery drama and that the writer Kim Eun Hee gives a touch of suspense in every drama but I think it is more like a slice of life kind of drama. That`s for me. But let see how things will be. The male lead sure is mysterious but I think they will discover themselves and discover each other through working together and rescuing people. Or maybe they will solve mysteries together too? Either way, I am excited for this drama.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t think it is a mystery drama (not the classical mystery I think of). I know that some sourses say that it is a mystery drama and that the writer Kim Eun Hee gives a touch of suspense in every drama but I think it is more like a slice of life kind of drama. That`s for me. But let see how things will be. The male lead sure is mysterious but I think they will discover themselves and discover each other through working together and rescuing people. Or maybe they will solve mysteries together too? Either way, I am excited for this drama.

Maybe it'll be like you said, I hope so because I love the type of story when the FL and the ML work together solving cases and they end up falling in love with each other. I think it would be nice to see something like that.

• Like 1

Jeon Ji-hyun, Joo Ji-hoon save lives in tvN drama Jirisan

by tineybeanie

Jiri_Mountain-SI01.jpg

New stills, featuring Jeon Ji-hyun (Legend of the Blue Sea) and Joo Ji-hoon (Hyena, Kingdom 2), have been revealed for upcoming mystery drama Jirisan. Taking place on the second-highest mountain peak in South Korea, Jirisan is a high-stakes survival mystery about hikers.

Jeon Ji-hyun and Joo Ji-hoon play park rangers who search for and rescue people who may have been lost or injured on the mountain. With the foggy backdrop and anxious expressions on our protagonists’ faces, the newly released stills below exude a sense of gravitas and urgency. The silly one above is apparently the actors having fun while between takes.

While this may not be my go-to genre, I’m loving the casting lineup which also includes extremely talented veteran actors like Sung Dong-il (Somehow Family), Kim Young-ok (The King: Eternal Monarch) and Oh Jung-se (It’s Okay to Not Be Okay). The writer and director team is also top-notch, so it’s almost guaranteed to be a success. *crosses fingers*tvN’s Jirisan, written by Kim Eun-hee (Kingdom) and directed by Lee Eung-bok (Mr. Sunshine), will be broadcast in 2021, and for international audiences, it will be available through the OTT platform iQIYI.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/jeon-ji-hyun-joo-ji-hoon-save-lives-in-tvn-drama-jirisan/

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/jeon-ji-hyun-joo-ji-hoon-save-lives-in-tvn-drama-jirisan/

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weki Meki’s Kim Doyeon Confirmed To Play Jun Ji Hyun’s Younger Counterpart In New Drama

0fd7a292c1f84e18a0875a631c4930c4.jpeg?s=

Feb 23, 2021
by L. Kim

Weki Meki’s Kim Doyeon will be starring in a new drama soon!

On February 23, News1 reported that Kim Doyeon joined tvN’s new drama “Mount Jiri” (working title) and recently finished filming. Her agency Fantagio confirmed the news, saying, “It is true that Kim Doyeon will be starring in ‘Mount Jiri.'”

“Mount Jiri” is a mystery drama about people who climb through the mysterious and unexplored regions of Mount Jiri, the largest mountain on the South Korean mainland. Jun Ji Hyun stars as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon stars as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo. The drama is written by Kim Eun Hee, who wrote Netflix’s “Kingdom” series, and Lee Eung Bok, who directed “Mr. Sunshine.”

Kim Doyeon will portray Seo Yi Kang in her younger days. Fans are looking forward to her acting in this star-studded drama, especially since she is playing Jun Ji Hyun’s younger counterpart.

Previously, Kim Doyeon began acting through the 2018 web drama “Short,” and she appeared in “Pop Out Boy” and “Single & Ready to Mingle.”

Kim Doyeon made her debut as a member of I.O.I after starring in Mnet’s “Produce 101” in 2016. Following her activities with I.O.I, Kim Doyeon debuted as a member of Weki Meki, and she has been promoting actively in both music and acting since then.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455898wpp/weki-mekis-kim-doyeon-confirmed-to-play-jun-ji-hyuns-younger-counterpart-in-new-drama

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Actor Sohn Seok-gu joins tvN'Jirisan'

Ex2OD5CVoAEV6YW?format=jpg&name=900x900

An official from the Drama Bureau pointed to Daily Sports on the 1st, "Son Seok-gu is participating in the current shooting of'Jirisan'."

Writer Kim Eun-hee, who wrote the Netflix'Kingdom' series and drama'Signal', and director Lee Eung-bok of the drama'Mr. Sunshine','Ghost' and'Descendants of the Sun' joined hands. Actors Jeon Ji-hyun, Ju Ji-hoon, Seong Dong-il, Oh Jeong-se, and Jeon Seok-ho have confirmed their appearance and have been working on filming since last September.

Son Seok-gu returns to the home theater with'Jirisan' two years after meeting viewers with the tvN drama '60 Days, Designated Survivor' and JTBC's'Mello's Constitution'. His attractive mask and low-pitched voice are the points of interest in his performance. What kind of role he will join and what kind of synergy he will exert with the actors who joined first is also noted.

https://news.joins.com/article/24025400?cloc=rss-news-total_list

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ju Ji-hoon “The “Jiri Mountain” romance, there may or may not be”

0b1aec787604a244382dbc2a7e75b46dc7c7ef9c

Actor Ju Ji-hoon released a pictorial with'Esquire'. In the released pictorial, Ju Ji-hoon showed off his unrivaled presence with a warm appearance in front of the camera.Ju Ji-hoon said, “We are taking pictures not only of Namwon but also all over the country for the filming of'Jirisan'. In Paju, it is almost all over the country.”

“The romance in this work is like'Schrödinger's Cat'.” “If there is, it may not be. It was a situation similar to'Signal'.”

http://www.newsfreezone.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=316792

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1