[Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산

larus

An official from a drama station said on the 17th that he was breathing as Ji-Hyun Jeon and the protagonist in the drama 'Jirisan', which is broadcast in the first half of next year.

image_readtop_2020_405140_15871061604167

Joo Ji-hoon plays Kang Hyun-jo, a new ranger in the national park, who has a secret that nobody can tell. He is a former lieutenant of the Army. He travels here and there in Jirisan, in harmony with Seo Ki Kang (Jeon Ji-hyun).

Earlier in the interview, Joo Ji-hoon regretted, saying, "I've been a fan of Jeon Ji-hyun since I was a child, and I am a good actor who wants to be together, but I haven't met. I haven't met and I haven't heard a voice."

https://news.joins.com/article/23756852?cloc=rss-news-total_list

Actor Ji-hoon Lee made a statement regarding the appearance of the drama 'Jirisan'.

An official from the agency, said on the 17th, said, “It is only a schedule check.”

Earlier on this day, Daily Sports gathered interest by reporting that “Ji Ji-Hun is appearing as a protagonist with Jeon Ji-hyun in the drama“ Jiri Mountain ”that will be broadcast in the first half of next year.

'Jiri Mountain' is a new work by Kim Eun-hee, who showed off the 'Signal' and 'Kingdom' series. It will deal with the rangers of Jirisan National Park, which rescues the victims by walking through the mountains even in bad weather.

So that means that Park Seo Joon did not accept the role if they will looking for another actor`s schredules. Maybe Park Seo Joon had a better offer for another project. I like Joo Ji Hoon even better, so it works for me. I actually think that he could star with Jeon Ji Hyun one day since he is her fan but I thought they will be reunite in Kingdom 3 first. I hope he will accept if his schedules will permit.

• Like 6

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/ju-ji-hoon-in-talks-join-jun-ji-hyun-in-new-drama-kingdom-writer/
Ju Ji Hoon In Talks To Join Jun Ji Hyun In New Drama By “Kingdom” Writer

By Ron Kim

E5326444-37D0-4F21-9A27-B09D72359E30.jpg

Ju Ji Hoon would reunite with the “Kingdom” writer.

Ju Ji Hoon is currently in talks to join a new drama called Mount Jiri, which will also star Jun Ji Hyun.

According to an exclusive report from Ilgan Sports, Ju Ji Hoon will be joining the lineup of upcoming drama Mount Jiri alongside Jun Ji Hyun. The drama will be written by Kim Eun Hee, who also wrote Signal and both seasons of Kingdom.

Ju Ji Hoon’s role would be as Kang Hyeon Jo, a rookie national park ranger who is hiding a secret. He used to be a lieutenant in the military and lost his successor during a training march on Mount Jiri. Jun Ji Hyun’s character, Seo Yi Kang, would become the only person he can confide his secrets to.

Mount Jiri is about the best park ranger working in the huge area that is one of South Korea’s national parks, also called Mount Jiri. Here, Kang Hyeon Jo’s job is to save people who get lost or attempting to take their own lives, and help those who are there to find their true selves.

Earlier, it was reported that Park Seo Joon would be playing the role of Kang Hyeon Jo, but shortly after the release of the reports, all related articles connecting Park Seo Joon to Mount Jiri were deleted, leaving many to think the report was a false rumor.

The drama is still working on finalizing their cast, and is expected to air in the first half of 2021.

Source: Ilgan Sports

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

As PSJ fan this is heartbreaking :heartbreak:But duo JJH would be good too. 

I understand you. I also thought that Park Seo joon is a done deal for this drama. Now I understand why the articles about his taking the role were deleated. But we never know what happened.

I love that both male and female protagonists are rangers. No matter who will play in this drama I will watch but I am glad that I will see Ju Ji hoon again after his role in Hyena. I hope he will confirm.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BLurBLur said:

If Ju Ji Hoon is confirmed for this, that would mean Jun Ji Hyun, writer Kim Eun Hee & him will be in both Mount Jiri and Kingdom S3 in 2021.... now what are the odds of that happening?

It could happen all right. It looks like the writer Kim Eun Hee likes to work with familiar actors. :D

Let see if she will write Signal 2 next year as well.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Rainydays said:

I also wanted psj in this drama at first, I'm heartbreaking as well.. as both psj and jun ji hyun are my favorite, but its okay maybe its not fit for psj..

I think it would have been a fit role for Park Seo Joon. Why not?  There are many reasons why he did not accept. I think it was a schedules conflict or he was just one of the actors they had in mind. From what I know they will call first their agencies before to check the schredules then they send the script (and the media find out). I think it is the first scenario. I know that he accepted a movie with IU from a prestigious director. One thing is sure. He will have many offers so you are a lucky fan.

Now, let see if Ju Ji Hoon will take the role. I think he will accept it unless he had previous obligation (if he signed with another drama or movie, excepting Kingdom season 3).

I am so excited about the background and the story. I can wait to see Mount Jiri/ Jirisan in a drama. I`ve imagined the scenery already.

• Like 2

I love both PSJ and JJH. So i dont mind whoever is cast. The story sounds really interesting and having watched this writer's dramas..i have high expectation! Too bad it's scheduled for 2021 and not this year?

I wonder why PSJ would pass this great opportunity working with a huge star and writer?

I was also wondering the other day why PSJ declined this project. It’s probably either conflict of schedule or he just didn’t like the character he’d play.

And yass! I’m also excited for this drama mainly because it’s Kim Eun-hee’s project. I’ve read that it’s slated to air on early/first half of 2021. If that’s still their sched then there should be confirmation news about other cast members anytime soon.

• Like 2

Oh Jung-se, Kim Eun-hee's new'Jirisan' positive review

image_readtop_2020_674824_15935911124263

Actor Oh Jeong-se is expected to join Kim Eun-hee's new work'Jiri Mountain'/ Mount Jiri.

lane TPC said on the 1st July, "Oh Jung Se is being reviewed positively after being proposed to appear in'Jiri Mountain'." Earlier, Star News reported that Oh Jeong-se was cast as a ranger in'Jiri Mountain', which is scheduled to be filmed in the second half of this year.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2020/07/674824/

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Jun Ji Hyun Shares Her Experience Filming “Kingdom,” What Her Upcoming Drama Is About, And More

05e786c2b8594cd292c8dea3745bb46b.jpeg?s=

Jun Ji Hyun is also working with Kim Eun Hee on her latest project “Mount Jiri” (working title), which she is starring in alongside Joo Ji Hoon. When asked what kind of drama “Mount Jiri” is, Jun Ji Hyun shared, “It tells the story of people who encounter life and death on a mountain. The main character must leave the mountain, but finds themselves in a situation that prevents them from doing so. Those kinds of situations unfold with ‘Mount Jiri’ as the setting. It will capture the spiritual and special energy that mountains give off, so I think it will become a project with a refreshing feel.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1414810wpp/jun-ji-hyun-shares-her-experience-filming-kingdom-what-her-upcoming-drama-is-about-and-more

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/31/new-drama-starring-jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoon-to-begin-filming-in-september/
New Drama Starring Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon to Begin Filming in September

by krishkim

F64BA8E6-7DA4-46B5-B56A-2F8C8DE5CB68.jpg
Credit: STONEHENgE, SHOWBOX, topstarnews

New drama Mount Jiri (literal title), starring Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon, will start the official filming in September.

The Korea National Park Service under the Ministry of Environment announced on August 31 that they will sign an agreement with A Story (production company for TV series) to produce the drama Mount Jiri.

Mountain Jiri will revolve around the activities of the park rangers, including going on rescue missions and protecting the ecosystem against the backdrop of Jiri Mountain, one of Korea’s most famous mountains.

According to the agreement, the Korea National Park Service will help the production team find their filming locations and give advice to the details of the script. A Story will later make the filming locations as tourist attractions and cooperate in developing drama-related products.

Meanwhile, Mount Jiri is written by Kim Eun Hee, best known for Netflix’s Kingdom series and Signal, and is directed by Lee Eung Bok, who worked on Descendants of the Sun, Mr. Sunshine, and Goblin. It will mostly be filmed in Jiri Mountain area from September to June next year, and the broadcasting schedule and network are yet to be decided.

Source (1)

——

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2020/08/371_295239.html
Korean 'Cliffhanger' drama first to be filmed at Mount Jiri

By Ko Dong-hwan | 2020-08-31

919485AF-6F50-4212-AA8A-3E3A032EBEDC.jpg
DCCE630D-F292-44C9-864C-140A6BFFF163.jpg
(From top) Jun Ji-hyun from the movie "The Thieves" (2012) and Ju Ji-hoon from "Kingdom" on Netflix

A new K-drama reminiscent of the 1993 Hollywood hit "Cliffhanger" will be filmed at Mount Jiri, Korea's largest national park.

Spoiler

132B6CA5-A6E3-4D37-B5B7-0CE8B9505C1F.jpg

Sylvester Stallone and Janine Turner in "Cliffhanger."

It is the first time a TV drama has been filmed in the country's first national park, designated in 1967.

The Korea National Park Service, under the Ministry of Environment, on Monday signed an agreement with A Story, the drama production company, to support the upcoming TV drama's shooting and promote the park as tourism venue. 

Kwon Kyeong-eop, the park service president, said the drama would "hopefully improve public awareness of the importance of preserving the national park as well as national policies on protecting Korean mountains and national parks."

Titled "Jirisan," meaning Mount Jiri, the mystery-thriller starring flamboyant actors Jun Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon, depicts mountain rescuers and other employees of the park service trying to rescue lost trekkers. 

Kim Eun-hee, the writer behind Netflix's ongoing zombie-horror periodic series "Kingdom" and the Korean hit TV detective fantasy drama "Signal" (2016), is in charge of the new drama's scripts. Director Lee Eung-bok, who directed popular K-drama hits "Mr. Sunshine" (2018) and "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" (2016), takes the megaphone.

Spoiler

E59FA4F4-D158-411A-A951-EC04B05F52D9.jpg

The location of Mount Jiri. Capture from Google Map

The show, which starts shooting in September and is due for completion next June, has not decided which TV network will air it.

Mount Jiri and its surrounding national park cover more than 483 square meters with four peaks towering over 1,000 meters in South Gyeongsang, South Jeolla and North Jeolla provinces. More than 8,600 species, including eight endangered species (Class I) and 41 near-endangered species (Class II), inhabit the park.

• Like 3

Jirisan' Jun Ji-hyun x Joo Ji-hoon casting confirmed... Organized in 2021

image_readtop_2020_916040_15992030564343

In 2021, the most anticipated film, Jirisan, confirmed the casting of actors Jeon Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon.

The drama “Mt. Jirisan” (played by Eun-hee Kim, director Eung-bok Lee) is a mystery drama that tells the story of people climbing a mountain in the background of the vast landscape of Mt. Jirisan.

Jeon Ji-hyun plays Seo Yi gang, the best ranger in Jirisan National Park. She instinctively knows how to climb mountains such as dirt roads, tattered roads, rock walls, cliffs, and so on, and is a person who penetrates everything about Mt.

Jeon Ji-hyun, who attracts viewers with just one name, is excited about what kind of life character he will be renewing and fascinating viewers this time.

Ju Ji-hoon transforms into Kang Hyun-jo, a new ranger at Jirisan National Park. Kang Hyun-jo, a former army captain who was a former military officer, has a secret that no one can tell, and becomes a partner with Seoi-gang to save the people by traveling the mountain together.

In addition, “Currently, all preparations have been completed to start shooting for the first time in mid-September. The safety of the cast and staff is our top priority, and we are preparing for the site by thoroughly complying with the strengthened quarantine rules to prevent corona 19 infection. We are in a difficult situation, but everyone is working hard to overcome it together.” (Google translate)
https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2020/09/916040/

Joo Ji Hoon Confirmed To Join Jun Ji Hyun In New Drama By “Kingdom” Writer

Joo Ji Hoon Confirmed To Join Jun Ji Hyun In New Drama By “Kingdom” Writer

Sep 4, 2020
by D. Kim

Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon will be meeting as the leads of a new drama!

Earlier in the year, it was reported that Joo Ji Hoon received an offer to star in “Mount Jiri” (working title) alongside Jun Ji Hyun. On September 4, it was confirmed that he will be starring in the drama.

The mystery drama is about park rangers who work to rescue people at Mount Jiri. Jun Ji Hyun will play Seo Yi Kang, the top ranger who knows everything about navigating Mount Jiri National Park. Joo Ji Hoon’s character Kang Hyun Jo is a military academy graduate with a deep secret who joins as a new ranger and becomes Seo Yi Kang’s partner.

“Mount Jiri” is written by Kim Eun Hee, who is known for dramas including “Sign,” “Ghost,” “Three Days,” “Signal,” and the “Kingdom” series, and directed by Lee Eung Bok, who has worked on dramas including the “Dream High” series, “School 2013,” “Descendants of the Sun,” “Goblin,” and “Mr. Sunshine.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1423590wpp/joo-ji-hoon-confirmed-to-join-jun-ji-hyun-in-new-drama-by-kingdom-writer

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Mount Jiri, 지리산 - Jun Ji Hyun & Joo Ji Hoon - Premieres in the first half 2021