[Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산

larus

MOUNT JIRI

jirisan-jeon-ji-hyun-joo-ji-hoon.jpg

Drama: Mount Jiri/ Cliffhanger (English title)

Hangul: 지리산

Genre: mystery, drama

Network:tvN, iQiyi

Episodes: 16

Director: Lee Eung-Bok (Sweet Home, Mr Sunshine, Goblin, Descendance of the Sun, Secret Love)

Writer: Kim Eun Hee (Ghost, Sign, Three Days, Signal, Kingdom 1&2)

Release Date:  October 23, 2021- December 12, 2021

Runtime: Saturday& Sunday, 21:00 KST

Production Company: A Story & Studio Dragon

OST: part 1 김필(Kim Feel) - Destiny

part 2 가호(Gaho) - Memories

part 3 Kim Jong-wan (NELL) - Falling

part 4 Jin (BTS) - Yours

part 5 이소라(Lee Sora) - In Color (물들인다)

Official site:

Plot

Mount Jiri is about the best park ranger working in the vaste expanse of South Korea`s national park Mount Jiri, saving people who are lost, trying to kill themselves, and there to find themselves.

Cast

Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi-kang

Joo Ji Hoon as Kang Hyun-jo

Sung Dong il as Jo Dae Jin

Oh Jung Se as Jung Goo Young

Ahn Jae-hong  as

Jeon Seok Ho as Kim Woong-Soon

Go Min Si as Lee Da-won

Jo Han-Chul as Park Il-hae

Jeon Seok-ho as Cha Do-nam

Lee Ga-seop as Kim Sol

Joo Min-kyung as Lee Yang Seon

Kim Young-ok as Lee Moon-ok

Kim Guk Hee as Dr. Yoon Su-jin

Yoon Ji On as Lee Se Woo

Joo Jin Mo as Kim Kye Hee

Han Dong Ho as Police constable Park 

Park Hwan Hee as (cameo)

Ji Seung Hyun as Kim Nam Sik (cameo)

Choi Jung Hoo as Yeom Seung Hun (ep 1)

Ryu Seung Ryong as Musseum narrator (ep 1)

Jang Eui Don as 119 responder (ep 1)

Won Mi Won as Seung Hun`s grandmother (ep 1)

Kim Min Ho as Kim Ki Chang (ep 2)

Park Young Bok as Hong Sang Gyu (ep 2)

Seo Hye Won as Hong Young Mi (ep 2)

Kang Ji Woo as Seo Yi Kang (young) ep 2

Lee Sung Il as buyer (ep 2)

Chae Yoon Hee as hiker (ep 2)

Song Chang Gyu as hiker (ep )

Seo Eun Seo as Hee Won`s friend (ep 2) 

Heo Na Kyung as Hee Won`s friend (ep 2)

Park Hwan Hee as Hee Won (ep 2, 5)

Ye Soo Jung as Lee Geum Rye (ep 3)

Lee Hyo Bi as Lee Geum Rye (young) ep 3

Bae Sung Il as biker (ep 3)

Choi Gyo Shik as hiker (ep 3)

Yoon Jong Goo as hiker (ep 3)

Park Ye Rin as shaman girl (ep 3)

Yoon Boo Jin as restaurant owner (ep 3)

Hwang Jung Yoon as Geum Rye`s mother (ep 3)

Baek Seung chul as herb collector (ep 3, 4)

Kim Do yeon as Seo Ki Kang (young, teen) (ep 3, 4, 6)

Min Moo Je as Choi Il Man (ep 4)

Uhm Hyo Sub as Yang Geun Tak (ep 4)

Jang Young Hyun as ranger (ep 4)

Choi Go as Il Man`s son (ep 4)

Ahn Se Bin as Il Man`s daughter (ep 4)

Go Do yeon as Il Man`s daughter (ep 4)

Kim Gi Cheon as Yang Sun`s grandfather (ep 4)

Lee Chae Kyung as Il Man `s wife (ep 4, 5)

Son Seok Koo as Lim Chul Kyung (ep 4, 6)

Kim Han Sang as hiker (ep 5)

Shin Dong Hoon as doctor (ep 5)

Gong Sung Ha as Jung Soo Min (ep 6)

Choi Hyun Wook as Lim Chul Kyung (young) (ep 6)

Kim Jong Ho as hiker (ep 6)

Goo Sung Hwan as detective (ep 6)

Jung Dong Geun as detective (ep 6)

Lee Dong Kyu as TVC anchorman (ep 6)

Won Chun Gyu as restaurant owner (ep 6)

Oh Yun Gun as (cameo)

Character chart

jirisan-3.jpeg

Posters

Jirisan.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Jun Ji Hyun In Talks To Lead New Drama By “Signal” Writer

Mar 3, 2020
by D. Kim
b97730adfb784a2c88354d6d15775499.jpeg?s=

Jun Ji Hyun is preparing to make her long-awaited return with a new drama!

On March 3, an industry representative reported that the actress will be leading the new drama “Mount Jiri” (working title) by writer Kim Eun Hee.

In response to the reports, her agency Culture Depot commented, “Jun Ji Hyun is positively considering the offer to star in writer Kim Eun Hee’s new project ‘Mount Jiri.'”

As revealed in the working title, the upcoming drama by Kim Eun Hee is set on Mount Jiri. The writer has previously created dramas including “Sign,” “Ghost,” “Three Days,” “Signal,” and the “Kingdom” series.

It was previously revealed that Jun Ji Hyun will be appearing in the finale of Kim Eun Hee’s drama “Kingdom 2.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1386205wpp/jun-ji-hyun-in-talks-to-lead-new-drama-by-signal-writer

Jeon Ji Hyun Confirmed for Kdrama Mount Jiri with screewriter of Kingdom, Signal and PD of Mr Sunshine and Goblin

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/03/23/jeon-ji-hyun-confirmed-for-k-drama-mount-jiri-with-screenwriter-of-kingdom-signal-and-pd-of-mr-sunshine-and-goblin/#more-101462

Mount Jiri`s Lee Eung-Bok , Jeon Ji-hyun, Kim Eun-hee ... Trinity of Success

36ebc909b301baf1ab12f14625f4ddbe43ce1ee9

Whenever the veil of the top-anticipation drama 'Jirisan' in 2021 is peeled off, the expectations are poked at the peak of the mountain.

Mount Jiri is a story of people who climb the mountain, from being lonely , to those who come to die, those who come to death, and those who come to life, against the backdrop of the wide and expansive landscape of Jirisan.

Director Eung-bok Lee will direct. He was recognized for his sensuous direction through KBS 2TV's 'Secret' and 'Discovery of Love', and became a director who created three mega hits of 'Descendants of the Sun', 'Goblin' and 'Mr. Sunshine'.

Jeon Ji-hyun returns to Mount Jiri as the best ranger in Jirisan National Park. She knows instinctively how to climb mountains such as dirt roads, tattered roads, rock walls, and cliffs, and knows the location of distress with only one blade of grass on the backpack of the victim. It is called 'mountain ghost' and 'demon' by colleagues.

Writer Kim Eun-hee focused on 'Signal' with a stroke of genre following 'Sign', 'Ghost' and 'Three Days'. 'Signal' is still waiting for season 2 with fans hung up. In addition, the Netflix 'Kingdom' series, which pioneered a new genre of zombie water in Korea, went on for two seasons, creating a global fandom beyond Korea.

Mount Jiri was filmed in the second half of this year and is currently in casting.

https://news.joins.com/article/23736732?cloc=rss-news-total_list

Acording to other articles, just the writer and Jeon Ji hyun are confirmed. The PD is still in talks.

2020032315462794439_1.jpg

"Lee Eung-Bok  PD, it's not yet decided whether to take the lead," said an official from Mount Jiri drama production, an Ace Story official, on the 23rd. On this day, it was reported that Lee Eung-bok PD was to produce 'Jirisan Mountain', but the production company explained that it was being reviewed in various ways.

In addition, he said, "The only part that is currently confirmed is that the actor Jeon Ji-hyun and Kim Eun-hee was the author."

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020032315462794439

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2020/03/297763/

What an interesting role for Jeon Ji hyun. I am looking forward to watch this drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Mount Jiri 지리산 - Jun Ji Hyun
1 hour ago, cpv said:

I have a long-time crush with Jun Ji Hyun. This is great news!

I saw Jeon Ji Hyun in two movies (Il Mare & assasination) and one drama (The Legend of the Blue Sea) and I like her a lot. I am watching this drama because of the writer/ plot but the casting is very good. I also love that the female character is a ranger. The nature, the strong female lead, unusual job for a woman in kdramas, the human aspect of the drama with lots of emotional cases makes me be really excited to watch this drama.

I don`t really care who will be the male lead (maybe a little curious:)). I know the casting will be good. The male lead and suporting characters. I trust the casting director.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, larus said:

I saw Jeon Ji Hyun in two movies (Il Mare & assasination) and one drama (The Legend of the Blue Sea) and I like her a lot. I am watching this drama because of the writer/ plot but the casting is very good. I also love that the female character is a ranger. The nature, the strong female lead, unusual job for a woman in kdramas, the human aspect of the drama with lots of emotional cases makes me be really excited to watch this drama.

I don`t really care who will be the male lead (maybe a little curious:)). I know the casting will be good. The male lead and suporting characters. I trust the casting director.

If you liked her in Legend of the blue Sea...I think you'll love her in My Love From Another Star. 

I'm curious as well who her leading man will be...or if she will have a leading man. This could be a story about the struggles of a park ranger. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ElleSor said:

If you liked her in Legend of the blue Sea...I think you'll love her in My Love From Another Star. 

I'm curious as well who her leading man will be...or if she will have a leading man. This could be a story about the struggles of a park ranger. 

The drama was passable but I like Jeon Ji hyun. I heard about My Love from Another Star. Maybe I will watch someday.

The heroine is at the central of the story but, knowing kdramaland, it will definitely be a male lead. Let see who they will choose. I know that they will find a suitable costar. But I wonder if they will choose known actors/guessed stars for the supporting cast as there will be a few cases to be resolved each week.

• Like 1

Actor Park Seo-joon was selected as the male protagonist of the drama 'Mount Jiri'.

Park Seo-joon plays Kang Hyun-jo, a new ranger in the national park, who has a secret that no one in the play can tell. A former army lieutenant from the army, trained at the Jirisan march.

https://www.insight.co.kr/news/275930

The article says that Park Seo Joon joined the drama but let see if there will be other articles about it. Usually it comes more that he is just being proposed.

Edit: The articles about Park Seo joon joining the drama are not available anymore. It is odd. maybe it was just a rumor.

• Like 1

Park Seo Joon in Talks as Male Lead of K-drama Mount Jiri Opposite Jeon Ji hyun

Park Seo Joon plays a former army captain turn rookie park ranger  with a hidden secret and goal to recue people seeking to die on Mount Jiri and shares his emotional conviction with feloow veteran park ranger played by Jeon Ji Hyun.

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/03/27/park-seo-joon-in-talks-as-male-lead-of-k-drama-mount-jiri-opposite-jeon-ji-hyun/

I have been waiting for years to see a rescue team as the main plot in a kdrama. Good luck Kim Eun Hee and the cast and crew!

• Like 1

the story theme seems so interesting, its about helping people who wants to suicide? 

I really look forward to it. and add park seo joon- hot charming actor- and jun ji hyun - the very beautiful goddess- as the main cast? I really hope this cast would come true.

• Like 1

Movie star Jeon Ji-hyun (39) and Park Seo-jun (32) climb “Jiri Mountain” together.

100396685.2.jpg

According to a broadcaster on the 29th, Jeon Ji-hyun and Park Seo-jun confirmed the appearance of the new drama " Mount Jiri" by Kim Eun-hee (48). An official said, “Jeon Ji-hyun has confirmed the appearance of“ Mount Jiri ”early on.“ Park Seo-joon is a guarantee check for the ratings recognized by broadcasters. This drama is the best choice because it has proved its true value in the recently closed drama 'Itaewon Class'.

'Jiri Mountain' is a story of rangers in the Jirisan National Park who have to navigate the mountains and rescue the victims even in bad weather.

Jeon Ji-hyun is returning to the home theater after four years since “The Legend of the Blue Sea” (2016 - 2017). Takes on the role of Seoigang, the best ranger of Jirisan National Park. She instinctively knows how to ride the mountain, and she learns about the weather and the soil so that she can see the distress place with only one blade of grass on her backpack.

Park Seo-Jun showed off his strength by succeeding in three consecutive hits, starting with “Fight for My Way ” (2017), “What's Wrong With Secretary Kim ” (2018) and “Itaewon Class” (2020). In 'Jiri Mountain', ihe is transformed into a new ranger called 'Gang Hyunjo' in the national park, revealing bright and positive energy.

(Google translate)

http://www.donga.com/news/Top/article/all/20200329/100396803/1

• Like 2

I discovered JJH for the first time through My Sassy Girl. Then i watched The Thieves and My Girl From Another Star (totally in love with Cheon Song Yi). I always have that "exclusive and wealthy A-list star" image about her in mind :lol: And nothing's happier for me more than hearing that my ultimate bias Park Seojun will join her in the drama. Hopefully it turns out to be true and not just a rumor. The storyline and main characters' occupation sound interesting and new to me.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Mount Jiri, 지리산 - Jun Ji Hyun & Park Seo Joon
2 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

And nothing's happier for me more than hearing that my ultimate bias Park Seojun will join her in the drama. Hopefully it turns out to be true and not just a rumor.

It is not a rumor. He was being proposed the male lead role in this drama and I think he will accept it.

Despite some articles that Park Seo Joon accepted the drama we don`t have an official confirmation yet.

Park Seojoon Confirmed to Be Paired up with Jun Jihyun for Upcoming Drama 'Jirisan

large_e7423f7509dc619da6a75bfec46e394d29

Park Seojoon and Jun Jihyun will work together in the drama. 

On March 27th, media outlets reported that Park Seojoon has confirmed to take the male lead role of upcoming drama 'Jirisan' (working title). Park Seojoon will be paired up with Jun Jihyun, who has previously been confirmed as the female lead. The drama is based off of the Jirisan, a mountain-based off the southern part of South Korea.

The drama is written by Kim Eunhee, who is best known for her works, 'Kingdom,' 'Signal,' 'Ghost,' '3 Days' and more. This will mark Jun Jihyun's first comeback in the small screen in 4 years since 'Legend of the Blue Sea' and Park Seojoon's first drama after 'Itaewon Class.'

'Jirisan' is expected to kick off filming in the latter half of 2020 or in early 2021. So, are you looking forward to this, ladies and gentlemen?

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/03/27/park-seojoon-confirmed-to-be-paired-up-with-jun-jihyun-for-upcoming-drama-jirisan-339341

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@larus

Yeah i read the articles too. Some articles said he confirmed but in another article on the same day said he's still positively reviewing the offer. And don't know why they kept releasing then soon deleting it :)) I personally think he actually has accepted the offer though, but it's just a matter of time for him to confirm. As long as there's no official statement, i'll just think of it as rumor in case they disappoint me :'))

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Anjalifairy said:

@larus

Yeah i read the articles too. Some articles said he confirmed but in another article on the same day said he's still positively reviewing the offer. And don't know why they kept releasing then soon deleting it :)) I personally think he actually has accepted the offer though, but it's just a matter of time for him to confirm. As long as there's no official statement, i'll just think of it as rumor in case they disappoint me :'))

Maybe he is in later stage of negotiation. Sometimes it happends when an actor is confirmed but they won`t release an official confirmation right away. There are times when they change their mind about a cast member even if he signed already. Some actors can step down of the role in the last minute. There are many situations. Yeah, it is better to keep your expectation law in case you don`t want to be disappointed but I have a strong feeling that he will want to appear in this drama.

I like the cast but I will watch no matter what because I am looking for the writer`s next work.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

The backgound of this drama will be so beautiful. I like nature and mountains.

A picture from Jirisan in spring, with azalea flowers.

2019050302312484.jpg

Jirisan National Park Designated 50 Years

2197_2848_412.gif

Largest, Most Wild National Park in Korea - Reviews, Photos ...

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

I think dates are getting finalised,  another supporting cast etc. So they are waiting to confirm. It is huge project. I doubt psj will not accept such big budget drama. With great PDs

He has earned it. And yes i want my all time fave jjh to work with him lol. She has already worked with my 2 other faves ksh and lmh. Next should be psj lol.  Psj is in another league now stardom wise. Take the opportunities.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

According to sources in tv drama Industry on the 17th, Joo Ji-hoon will be male lead (the role Kang Hyun-jo 강현조)

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23756852

——

UPDATE (article with Agency’s response)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1390805wpp/joo-ji-hoon-reported-to-join-jun-ji-hyun-in-new-drama-by-signal-writer-agency-responds
Joo Ji Hoon Reported To Join Jun Ji Hyun In New Drama By “Signal” Writer + Agency Responds

by D. Kim | Apr 17, 2020

5FC2F7B1-AA8C-4A55-AA31-A1CD1379B53C.png

Joo Ji Hoon and Jun Ji Hyun may be uniting for a new drama!

On April 17, an industry representative reported that Joo Ji Hoon will be starring in the new drama “Mount Jiri” (working title).

In response to the reports, his agency KeyEast Entertainment shared that he received the offer but nothing has been confirmed yet. “Joo Ji Hoon has previously scheduled activities, so it does not seem possible for him to film this year. For such reasons, the production team has just checked Joo Ji Hoon’s schedule for now,” the agency explained.

It was revealed last month that Jun Ji Hyun received an offer to play the female lead, and it was later confirmed that she will be playing the role.

The drama will tell the story of Mount Jiri National Park rangers. Joo Ji Hoon has received the offer to play Kang Hyun Jo, a new park ranger who meets Seo Yi Kang (Jun Ji Hyun).

“Mount Jiri” is written by Kim Eun Hee, who is known for dramas including “Sign,” “Ghost,” “Three Days,” “Signal,” and the “Kingdom” series. The drama is in talks to be directed by Lee Eung Bok, who has worked on dramas including the “Dream High” series, “School 2013,” “Descendants of the Sun,” “Goblin,” and “Mr. Sunshine.”

The drama is scheduled to air in the first half of 2021.

Source (1) (2)

• Like 5