[Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산

larus

@larus Thank you for the latest tidbits of Mount Jiri. I would never expect a full blown romance from Kim Eun Hee, and would be extremely surprised if she did. However, what romance she has inserted into her dramas (Sign, 3Days, Signal) have shown me that less can be more. Either way, with still no actual idea with regards to Mount Jiri's script, I can't wait to see it hit the screens and pray it will captivate me just like her previous works. Please let it air soon!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, liddi said:

I would never expect a full blown romance from Kim Eun Hee, and would be extremely surprised if she did. However, what romance she has inserted into her dramas (Sign, 3Days, Signal) have shown me that less can be more.

I've never watched her dramas before but considering what you said it looks like she writes slow burn romances. I like slow burn a lot but sometimes they make me feel greedy to see at least one kiss between the characters lol do you remember seeing any kissing scene in her dramas?

• Like 5

19 hours ago, liddi said:

@larus Thank you for the latest tidbits of Mount Jiri. I would never expect a full blown romance from Kim Eun Hee, and would be extremely surprised if she did. However, what romance she has inserted into her dramas (Sign, 3Days, Signal) have shown me that less can be more. Either way, with still no actual idea with regards to Mount Jiri's script, I can't wait to see it hit the screens and pray it will captivate me just like her previous works. Please let it air soon!

You are right about Kim Eun hee`s dramas.  I am anticipating this series. I read that it could air in October 23. It is just rumors but it could be right.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

On 5/22/2021 at 10:55 PM, paolaadl said:

I've never watched her dramas before but considering what you said it looks like she writes slow burn romances. I like slow burn a lot but sometimes they make me feel greedy to see at least one kiss between the characters lol do you remember seeing any kissing scene in her dramas?

@paolaadl I'm sorry to have to say that as far as I can remember, the most we've ever gotten in terms of physical interaction is probably a brief holding of hands at a park (Sign), a heartfelt hug (Signal), or a brusque "Stop smiling at any guy" (3Days) :sweatingbullets: Still, whatever she has given with the relationship progression, albeit subtle and restrained, always feels enough, and in perfect keeping with the overall narrative, even if we do sometimes wish she would be a little more generous to that effect. Let's see if she follows a similar vein in Mount Jiri.

@larus Likewise, especially when I feel like I'm going in blind. Two dramas of hers to look forward to this year, while still hoping desperately for a long-awaited, still unseen sequel to materialise. Is it October already?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/06/18/jun-ji-hyun-ju-ji-hoons-new-tvn-series-cliffhanger-will-premiere-in-october/
Jun Ji Hyun & Ju Ji Hoon’s New tvN Series ‘Cliffhanger’ Will Premiere in October

by krishkim | images: tvN

4AFF7CDF-B3AB-4ACF-A36E-B6D3298D14BA.jpg

This year’s most-anticipated series Cliffhanger, starring Jun Ji Hyun and Ju Ji Hoon, will finish its filming on June 28th. The series will air its premiere episode on October 23rd.

According to a media outlet, Cliffhanger’s main actors held their final shooting at Mudeungsan Mountain in Gwangju on the 17th. The series will finish the last-minute filming by June 28th and wrap up its 9-month journey. In addition, Cliffhanger has chosen October 23rd as its premiere date.

Kingdom writer Kim Eun Hee and Goblin and Mr. Sunshine director Lee Eung Bok joined hands for the project.

6013C5BE-7B8D-43F3-BA5D-899E0D8C6FB2.jpg

Especially, the series made headlines from the pre-production stage for its star-studded cast, including Jun Ji Hyun, Ju Ji Hoon, Sung Dong Il, and Oh Jung Se. Set against the backdrop of Mount Jiri, Cliffhanger revolves around the rangers of the Jirisan National Park who climb the mountain to rescue lost trekkers.

Will Cliffhanger be able to make a new history of K-drama?

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

tvN drama Jirisan  is reportedly going to finish all filming on June 28 and will premiere on October 23. They completed last shooting on June 17, some of the remaining shots will be finished on June 28.

The most anticipated tvN drama 'Mt. Jirisan', starring Jeon Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon as the main characters, will end all filming on the 28th and begin airing on the 23rd of October.

sjmao20210618100016_O_01_C_1.jpg

According to a broadcaster official, 'Jirisan' (played by Kim Eun-hee, directed by Lee Eung-bok) had the last filming of the main cast members such as Jeon Ji-hyeon, Ju Ji-hoon, Seong Dong-il, Oh Jeong-se, and Jo Han-cheol at Mudeungsan Mountain in Gwangju, Jeollanam-do on the 17th. It will be finished and cranked up. 'Mt. Jirisan', which has been filmed for 9 months, is scheduled to air its first episode on October 23rd.

Writer Kim Eun-hee, who received worldwide attention for her 'Kingdom' series and 'Signal', and director Lee Eung-bok, who directed 'Mr. Sunshine', 'Goblin', and 'Descendants of the Sun', collaborated to gather topics. It is a mystery drama depicting the stories of people climbing a mountain with the unexplored background .

https://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/202106/sp20210618100152136670.htm

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산 - Saturday & Sunday- Jun Ji Hyun & Joo Ji Hoon - Premieres on October 23
  • 5 weeks later...

An article interview with writer Kim Eun hee

It opened a new horizon for investigative dramas with ‘Ghost’ (SBS‧2012), a time-slip detective drama that connects the past and present, ‘Signal’ (tvN‧2016), which featured a cyber investigation team. The Joseon zombie historical drama ‘Kingdom’ (2019~) created a global syndrome as Korea’s first Netflix original drama. Genre Drama genius Kim Eun-hee (49) is the main writer. New works such as the spin-off ‘Kingdom: Ashenjeon’, which will be released on the 23rd, and ‘Mt. Jirisan’ (tvN) starring Ju Ji-hoon and Jun Ji-hyun, which will be broadcast in the fall, are also considered as the most talked about dramas in the second half of this year.

Jeon Ji-hyun in the drama 'Mt. Jirisan'. It is a story about mountains and people, life and death.

Where do you get inspiration for storytelling that crosses genres? This is the creator's first question. Writer Kim answered clearly, “All time alive.” “I’m talking with director Jang Hang-joon at a drinking party, talking to a lot of people, watching a movie, and subconsciously getting it from a book I’ve read before,” he said. One example is the new 'Mt. Jirisan', which is scheduled to air in the second half of this year. The story of those who come to die, those who come to kill, and those who come to save, in the unexplored landscape of Mt. “It was a story I came up with while thinking of Christmas. A family story in Mt. Jirisan at Christmas. Does anyone come to Jirisan on a snowy Christmas day? I thought about a movie or a one-act play, but after doing it, I thought it would be okay to talk about it longer, so I wrote it.

(Google translate)

https://news.joins.com/article/24102813

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

• 1 month later...

Gorgeous 'Queens' are coming back to the small screen, the expected drama in the second half of 2021

145312_294978_1251.png

145312_294979_130.png

As K-contents gained popularity abroad, the popularity of Korean dramas is also rising. In regions such as South America and Asia, there are even dramas going backwards due to the release of the dubbed version. In the second half of this year, two months have already passed, and let's take a look at the dramas expected in the second half of 2021 that will heat up domestic small screens in the second half of 2021.

The drama <Mt. Jirisan> is scheduled to air from October as a tvN Saturday-Sunday drama. It depicts the story of people climbing the mountain, such as those who come to die, those who come to kill, and those who come to save, with the unexplored scenery of Mt.

Jeon Ji-hyeon meets Ju Ji-hoon in “Mt. Jirisan,” which tells the story of rangers in Jirisan National Park. In <Mt. Jirisan>, Ju Ji-hoon is the main character of the Netflix <Kingdom> series, and the combination with Jeon Ji-hyeon of <Kingdom: Ashinjeon>, which is a side story, is highly anticipated overseas. Writer Kim Eun-hee and Jeon Ji-hyun, who is returning to the drama after 5 years, are gathering anticipation from viewers.

Viewers are already looking forward to the news that the rare queens are making a comeback to the small screen. While a cold wind is blowing in the broadcasters due to the spread of Corona 19, I expect a warm wind to blow in the second half of this year thanks to the performances of the Queens.

https://www.sisunnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=145312

• Like 4

Taeyeon, Jongwan Kim, and Gaho participate in tvN's 'Mt. Jirisan' OST

AKR20210819038800005_01_i_P2.jpg

Singer Taeyeon, vocalist Kim Jong-wan, and Gaho of the band Nell will participate in the original soundtrack (OST) of the tvN drama 'Mt. Jirisan' starring Jeon Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon.

A-Story, the producer of 'Mt. Jirisan', announced on the 19th, "Taeyeon, Jongwan Kim, and Gaho were named in the first lineup of the OST for 'Mt. Jirisan'."

Taeyeon was loved for OSTs such as 'A Poem called You', 'What If' and 'Can You Hear', and Nell participated in OSTs for dramas 'Gumiho' and 'Senior, Don't Wear That Lipstick'. Gaho made a name for himself with the OST 'Start' of 'Itaewon Class'.

A Story predicted, "The second lineup of the OST will be announced soon, and global top artists will be included."

'Mt. Jirisan', which is scheduled to be released in the second half of this year, is a mystery that tells the story of people who climb the mountain with Jirisan in the background.

https://m.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20210819038800005?section=entertainment/all

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon’s New Mystery Drama Announces October Premiere With Suspenseful Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 15, 2021
by S. Nam

Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon’s upcoming drama “Cliffhanger” is gearing up for its premiere!

tvN “Cliffhanger” (previously known as “Mount Jiri”) is a mystery drama about the story that unfolds at Mount Jiri as the national park’s top ranger Seo Yi Kang (Jun Ji Hyun) and rookie ranger Kang Hyun Jo (Joo Ji Hoon), who has an unspeakable secret, begin to dig up the truth behind the mysterious accident that occurred in the mountain. The drama is written by Kim Eun Hee, who wrote Netflix’s “Kingdom” series, and Lee Eung Bok, who directed “Mr. Sunshine.”

Recently, the drama confirmed its October premiere and released a thrilling new teaser. The trailer immediately creates suspense through its opening scene with a sudden landslide that occurs from the pouring rain amidst the frightening thunder and lightning. National park ranger Seo Yi Kang fights to get through the impossible weather condition, hinting at the occurrence of a serious case. Furthermore, Seo Yi Kang’s partner Kang Hyun Jo appears to have discovered something within the mountain as he brings up his lantern with a sharp gaze.

Seo Yi Kang runs through a flurry of snow as she urgently looks back, and Kang Hyun Jo stands alone at the summit, looking down upon the expansive mountain. Viewers are curious to find out what incident each of the partners will face at Mount Jiri and if the two people will end up working together.

The magnificent view from high up on the mountain also captivates viewers, raising anticipation for the stories of the diverse people who climb Mount Jiri as well as the national park rangers who protect the mountain.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488727wpp/watch-jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoons-new-mystery-drama-announces-october-premiere-with-suspenseful-teaser

• Like 2

September 15 2021

First teaser trailer for tvN drama “Jirisan”

Jirisan-teaserSM1.jpg

First teaser trailer added for tvN drama series “Jirisan” starring Gianna Jun & Ju Ji-Hoon. The brief 15 second teaser trailer does show footage of Gianna Jun as Seo Yi-Gang and Ju Ji-Hoon as Kang Hyun-Jo. They work as rangers on Jiri Mountain.

“Jirisan” is now set to first air October, 2021 in South Korea (takes over tvN’s Satuday & Sunday 9PM time slot after “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Rangers work to save people at Jiri Mountain National Park.

Seo Yi-Gang (Gianna Jun) is the best ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. She knows virtually everything about the area, including where to climb the mountain.

Kang Hyun-Jo (Ju Ji-Hoon) is a rookie ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. He graduated from the military academy and was once an army captain. He has a secret that he can’t tell anyone about.

These two people become partners and they work to save people around Jiri Mountain National Park.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-tvn-drama-jirisan

• Like 1

Searching mountains with Jeon Ji-hyun, Joo Ji-hoon in tvN’s Jirisan

by tineybeanie

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/ashinnieandprince3.jpg

ashinnieandprince3.jpg

Upcoming tvN drama Jirisan has dropped a new teaser. Jeon Ji-hyun (Kingdom: Ashin of the North) and Joo Ji-hoon (Kingdom 2, Hyena) star in this wildlife mystery drama, written by Kingdom’s Kim Eun-hee and directed by Mr. Sunshine PD Lee Eung-bok.

Jeon Ji-hyun plays the role of Seo Yi-kang, the best park ranger in the National Park Service. Joo Ji-hoon plays Kang Hyun-jo, a rookie ranger with a hidden secret. Together, they become entangled in a case that leads to a greater mystery.

The teaser begins by listing the credits of the distinguished actors and production team. Ominous music is broken up by the crackle of lightning and the sound of torrential rain. Someone hikes in the dark with a headlamp, while a mountain stream floods in the rain. In the next cut, it looks like Joo Ji-hoon is searching for something with his flashlight. Jeon Ji-hyun seems desperate as she looks around in the snow. The final shot shows Joo Ji-hoon alone on a mountain peak.

Jirisan is a special 15-year anniversary project from tvN, and is scheduled to begin airing this October.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/09/searching-mountains-with-jeon-ji-hyun-joo-ji-hoon-in-tvns-jirisan/

• Like 2

The English subbed teaser... surprised to see comedic elements at the beginning. For a moment I thought I was watching the wrong teaser! So there are murders happening on the mountain. Incredible how they continue to literally tease us with crumbs about the actual plot. Is it Oct yet?

• Like 2