Day: Monday & Tuesday

Cast:

Tang Min as Hua Xiao Mai

Yang Kai Cheng as Meng Yu Huai

Siqin Gaoli as Hua Er qiao

Liu Chan as Jing Tai He

Synopsis:

Spoiler

A novel adapted drama about food and romance follows Hua Xiao Mai as she falls in love with a mercenary for hire. Through her passion for the culinary arts, Hua Xiao Mai starts small and slowly makes her way up in the food business. After being saved by Meng Yu Huai, who heads a mercenary agency, in the hills behind the Huodao village where she has just moved in to stay with her elder sister. Hua Xiao Mai falls in love. She does her best to attract his attention but he just doesn’t get her feelings. But as Xiao Mai shows her intelligence, her culinary skills and her boldness in professing her love for him, he slowly realizes he will not be able to escape from her. But success in love is not her only ambition, her goal in life was to show the world that any edible food can be delicious if made properly. From a small food stall to a famous restaurant in the city, she slowly builds her way up, improving her skill in the process before finally realizing that the best part of life is simply a simple delicious meal with the ones you love.

In Mandarin:

Spoiler

文武双全的大龄不婚镖头孟郁槐,在走镖回村的林中偶然救下前来火刀村投奔姐姐的少女花小麦。彼时的花小麦正为了难得的橙盖鹅菇而以身犯险,差点跌落山崖,幸得孟郁槐飞身相救,两人四目相对之间,花小麦芳心暗许。遇到好男人,就要果断追求,花小麦摩拳擦掌跃跃欲试,可怎奈孟郁槐是个不解风情的傻直男,对花小麦的印象只停留在有着惊人厨艺的瘦弱丫头。然而在此后的相处中,花小麦每每围上围裙站在灶台前便散发着一种“厨艺天下第一”的霸气,加上她的古灵精怪、敢爱敢恨,孟郁槐很快便意识到自己逃不出花小麦的手掌心,她便是自己一直在等的那个人。爱情上的成功并不能停止花小麦厨艺上的追求,用任何食材做出美食给适合的人吃,这便是她的人生理想。花小麦打破常理,不理世俗目光,从路边摊到小饭馆,从糖渍果子到酱菜园,再到名震一方的花间楼,美食不断升级,花小麦也带给更多的人食物给予的幸福和快乐。在此过程中,花小麦也逐渐意识到,金银名利不敌人间烟火,朝来烹鱼虾,晚来炊饭香,与所爱之人相依相守,才是人生至味

Teaser:

OSTs:

Chinese:

And the official promotional song sung by the female lead (not in the actual drama)

There is a second promotional song sung by the second lead which I can't find the link to the official video for it so I'll just add the name here: 

漓花泪 sung by: 斯琴高丽

English:

Stills:

Female Lead Hua Xiao Mai:

18c6-intiarn6172874.jpg

Male Lead Meng Yu Huai

8bc4-ipmxpvz8484231.jpg

2nd Female Lead Hua Er Qiao:

20200210183721_e30cc821aa118ff0e31b0acb9

And a few more posters:

9bfc8089-d78f-4306-9765-e97c9073b738.jpg

mLPUztkmCh_dljsay0ltl99rNLEv4SSE-j6o-Z8Q

1581901237192274.jpg

01853957j00q4g0lx00ctc000mt00f7c.jpg?imageView&thumbnail=550x0

i watched it without subs and i love it even though i didn't understand a thing but  the cooking and food was amazing.   Casts wasn't bad not your top notch handsome and pretty casts but the storyline is cute.  No misunderstanding from the leads so not much drama there which sometimes i don't mind.  No stupid sacrifice in the name of love, just being together supported of each other .  It's a light drama and really cute to watch. 

Archived