[Drama 2020] To All the Guys Who Loved Me/ Men Are Men, 그놈이 그놈이다

larus

On 7/9/2020 at 9:53 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

One thing that I complainant does why this triangle trope punk keep showing off in each drama I watch???

Same.  I'm not fond of triangles.....but I really liked the lead actress in Mystic PopUp Bar so I thought I'd give this a try.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:53 PM, forumsoomp said:

This drama is really hilarious and fun to watch.

It's the kind of drama that seems well suited to summertime somehow.

3 hours ago, D27Gjk68 said:

Yes, if this is just going to be another by the numbers love triangle where HJ chooses JW because of their past please let me know because I don't want to waste my time....

:lol:  Actually I am kinda rooting for JW already.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hwang Jung Eum Questions Yoon Hyun Min And Seo Ji Hoon’s Relationship In “To All The Guys Who Loved Me”

Jul 12, 2020
by S. P
aa04a0b305784794bf1affb2ecf27dad.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s new drama “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” has released stills for the upcoming episode!

“To All the Guys Who Loved Me” is a romantic comedy about a woman who has given up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks. After finally deciding that all men are alike, she suddenly gets caught between two completely opposite men both vying for her love.

Spoilers

The previous episodes followed webtoon producer Seo Hyun Joo (Hwang Jung Eum) as she, together with top-notch webtoon artist Park Do Kyum (Seo Ji Hoon), joined the webtoon planning team created by Sunwoo Pharmaceuticals CEO Hwang Ji Woo (Yoon Hyun Min). Furthermore, Seo Hyun Joo finds out that the two men are living together, making viewers wonder how the story will unfold from here.

The new stills feature Seo Hyun Joo seated at a restaurant with Hwang Ji Woo and Park Do Kyum. The two men both wear similarly striped T-shirts as they share smiles across the table. In the midst of their seemingly amicable atmosphere, Seo Hyun Joo looks on with an uneasy expression. Since she previously heard from her friend that Hwang Ji Woo is gay, viewers are curious about how she will react to the scene unfolding in front of her.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1412313wpp/hwang-jung-eum-questions-yoon-hyun-min-and-seo-ji-hoons-relationship-in-to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me

8 hours ago, OR Ng said:

Yo, just wanna share my opinion on this scene cuz I'm curious also hehe. If we refer to same scene (I assume), the name appeared on the tomb seems a female name Song Min Joo (plus, if its his father the family name should be Hwang, except Jin-woo is adopted or has different daddy)

and guessing also from the date, this person passed away when he/she was 27-years-old (which just had me questioned if it somehow relates to Hyun-joo as we know from her past memories that she was very young then- perhaps, 27 years old?)

when Jin-woo put the flowers on the tomb, he said please wait for me, I'm on my way to meet you (before that we saw the white-hair Secretary Nam made the phone call to that webtoon artist as he claimed everything goes as planned)

I did not pay attention to details but you are right.

Thanks for enlighten me. I wasn't sure whose grave it was. That puts another light in the storyline.

It is not his mother either. If the woman died in 1979, I think she was Hyun Joo`s last reincarnation.

If Jin Woo put flower on the tomb and said, wait for me, I`m on the way to meet you it could be that she will meet Hyun Joo. And when she saw her at the fake wedding said I finally meet you. I have a feeling he knows everything. It doesn`t look like he find out through a dream about his past lives like Hyun Joo. I think he was the man we saw in Kim Sun hee`s memories, the one who played the guitar. Maybe, he is the same man in Hyun Joo`s past lives. He is immortal like in Goblin?

8 hours ago, OR Ng said:

PS: and all these memories of past lives kinda reminds me the tale in Goblin when people has four lives, if the tale works the same in this show  it means this timeline is Ji-woo and Hyun-Joo's final live (if Jin-woo is really the one in the past three lives)

And why he left Hyun Joo in all the three lives? He did not die but he left her. (because he could not grow old?) This time will be the final meeting? He will become mortal? 

It is a suposition but that makes sense right now. I think Kim Sun hee must know something (suspect something). It makes sense why she was so nervous to meet Ji Woo. It was not like she will meet the son of the man she loved but the man she loved. But let see what is really going on.

I don`t necesarry like all the reincarnation stuff in a drama but so far it adds mystery to the plot. I hope we`ll see and feel the epic love story for the OTP.

I like that HJ thought that CEO like DR while actually his goal is her. :lol:

This drama is like fantasy mash-up thing. The secretary mom is after the CEO?? I don't get this part, what's her deal btw. If this lady is connected to the CEO past. Perhaps, she likes him??? Eeeeeehhh... Anyone can explain here?

And it seems that HJ's past memories are brought back for her to remember her past life. But after a series of psychological therapy she got since kid, these memories are simply thought as her unconscious disorder thing by the doctor. 

20 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

This drama is like fantasy mash-up thing. The secretary mom is after the CEO?? I don't get this part, what's her deal btw. If this lady is connected to the CEO past. Perhaps, she likes him??? Eeeeeehhh... Anyone can explain here?

Yes, she is connected with CEO`s past.  Kim Sun hee (the secretary mom) loved that man (probably Ji Woo`s past identity or his father but I think it is the first scenario). Unrequited love, I guess.  Now she wants her daughter to get Ji Woo. I wonder if Song Min ju was there. Maybe the student with tight braids, who we saw from behind was her, next to guitar man, is her. I am curious what reaction will have Kim Sun hee when she will see Hyun joo now.

8845dc1023b838b67990c4d3e38b1ee4597dd5bd

10 hours ago, thistle said:

:lol:  Actually I am kinda rooting for JW already.

I can't imagine why but I don't expect everyone to have the same opinion I do.  My comment was really about the plot being so predictable.

Is that part of the enjoyment people get from watching these dramas?  The viewers know who the OTP is so they don't have to wonder about the final outcome and instead can focus on the path to them getting together?

38 minutes ago, corey said:

Neither am I. I hate to see one of the guys hurt and rejected....And the usual thing i K-Drama is that it is the nicer guy who is rejected. Bleh

Ikr! DR is such a nicer kind here. Huhuhu... I feel sorry for him already. Hope he won't he too heartbroken and move on if the rejection happens later. 

1 hour ago, larus said:

Maybe the student with tight braids, who we saw from behind was her, next to guitar man, is her. I am curious what reaction will have Kim Sun hee when she will see Hyun joo now.

She'll be felt threaten that again he daughter's spot has been taken way before. Lols. But I feel bad for the daughter tho, her mom seems pretty obsessed in coupling her to the CEO without even asking of her opinions. I guess she didn't really into JW except what her mom tells her to. 

38 minutes ago, corey said:

ROTLF, and isn't Jo Woo-Ri type-cast as a secretary who is after the CEO? I almost laughed out loud when I saw her. Poor girl - for those who didn't watch Beautiful Love WOnderful Life, she was also a secretary who is after the CEO there...

Hahaha. I get what you mean. I don't really watch the show but I ever come across of its clips in YT. And I know a bit what character she's playing there. 

38 minutes ago, D27Gjk68 said:
10 hours ago, thistle said:

Actually I am kinda rooting for JW already.

I can't imagine why but I don't expect everyone to have the same opinion I do.  My comment was really about the plot being so predictable.

Is that part of the enjoyment people get from watching these dramas?  The viewers know who the OTP is so they don't have to wonder about the final outcome and instead can focus on the path to them getting together?

Sorry to jump in, well everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I think it's fine for you or anyone here have different opinions. I am open to discussion of any speculations.

I don't mind to have a clear cut OTP from the start or wondering who will be the end game type is also good. 

And for now, I don't root to anybody. I will enjoy HJ's misunderstanding and her attempt to save her dongaseng from this to-be thought disoriented CEO. LOL

10 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

She'll be felt threaten that again he daughter's spot has been taken way before. Lols. But I feel bad for the daughter tho, her mom seems pretty obsessed in coupling her to the CEO without even asking of her opinions. I guess she didn't really into JW except what her mom tells her to. 

From the character chart and from the one scene, it seems that she likes Do Gyeom. She doesn`t have a voice in front of her mother. She could not chose even the wedding dress by herself. Speaking of wedding dress. How they chose a wedding dress before CEO was interested in her daughter? Why is she so sure that her daughter can get Ji Woo this time?

1 hour ago, larus said:

From the character chart and from the one scene, it seems that she likes Do Gyeom. She doesn`t have a voice in front of her mother. She could not chose even the wedding dress by herself. Speaking of wedding dress. How they chose a wedding dress before CEO was interested in her daughter? Why is she so sure that her daughter can get Ji Woo this time?

Right. The mother seems pretty nervous. And I feel like it's extremely over reacted. 

I got a feeling that she likes DG. She even asked HJ for his signature. But poor her, neither JW or DG, these two guys are competing for HJ. Lols. 

Well. For now it's still fun. Hope they can handle this triangle love thing decently. Wait is this a romantic comedy, semi-melo or what? 

The scene of two guys inside the tent is so hillarious. Lols. 

1 hour ago, D27Gjk68 said:

If you can't understand my reasoning, why not ask me what my thoughts are instead of inferring that my choice is wrong? 

If we all think the same way, then things get really stale really fast.  I don't want to agree with everyone because I enjoy reading all viewpoints.  This adds to the enjoyment of the drama--every different thought is one that I wouldn't have on my own and that means that I'm willing to let everyone teach me something new while I try to keep an open mind. 

In this drama, it's gonna be a race between the two guys for her heart so viewers will inevitably choose one or the other. 

@larus I think you are onto something about Yoon Hyun Min’s character being there same person with all these last lives a from kdramas Hotel Del Luna, Mystic POP Up Bar,  Goblin etc .  If that’s the case? Why ?

He seemed to find the FL every time . The lifetime he found her painting the landscape and writing the poem wooing her. But each lifetime leaving her no wonder our FL doesn’t want to be with anyone. But then she ya not allowing herself to open up to love at all.

3 hours ago, Nodame said:

I think you are onto something about Yoon Hyun mom’s character being there same person with all these last lives a from kdramas Hotel Del Luna, Mystic POP Up Bar,  Goblin etc .  If that’s the case? Why ?

He seemed to find the FL every time . The lifetime he found her painting the landscape and writing the poem wooing her. But each lifetime leaving her no wonder our FL doesn’t want to be with anyone. But then she ya not allowing herself to open up to love at all.

I did not say anything about his mother. But it is possible that he has to leave her for some reason.

10 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

I don't know why, but I feel that every time he left her was because he was forced by the same person, the secretary's mother.

If Kim Sun Hee appears in all the past lives, than I am thinking about a curse or something. From what we see she is a normal person so if she is reincarnating each time to live an unrequited  love and trying to separate the OTP, it is quite sad.

But I think she is connected with Hyun Joo and Ji woo.

Hwang Jung Eum And Yoon Hyun Min Sit Down For A Serious Conversation In “To All The Guys Who Loved Me”

Jul 13, 2020
by L. Kim
5a30831628114d0cafc4759107f87cd8.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” has shared new stills of Hwang Jung Eum and Yoon Hyun Min!

“To All the Guys Who Loved Me” is a romantic comedy about a woman who has given up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks. After finally deciding that all men are alike, she suddenly gets caught between two completely opposite men both vying for her love.

Spoilers

Previously, Seo Hyun Joo (played by Hwang Jung Eum) and Hwang Ji Woo (played by Yoon Hyun Min) got stuck in an elevator together. Seo Hyun Joo saved Hwang Ji Woo, who was suffering from claustrophobia. Later, the two reunited by chance as the CEO of Sunwoo Pharmaceuticals (Hwang Ji Woo) and a webtoon producer (Seo Hyun Joo).

The new stills show Seo Hyun Joo and Hwang Ji Woo sitting across from each other. The atmosphere is slightly layered with tension, and they gaze at each other with serious eyes. Judging from Seo Hyun Joo’s furrowed eyebrows, it seems like Hwang Ji Woo said something either confusing or displeasing to her. Viewers are eager to find out about the topic of their conversation as well as the new direction their relationship will take.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1412429wpp/hwang-jung-eum-and-yoon-hyun-min-sit-down-for-a-serious-conversation-in-to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me

14 minutes ago, Nodame said:

typo I wrote Yoon Hyun Min (Min was autocorrect to mom). Uggh sorry .

OK. Now I understand. :) Yes, I think Ji Woo is the same guy in all the past lives but I don`t have many evidence to sustain this theory. It is just how he is reacting/ his action. Or he realised very early about his past life and was searching for her loved one.

There is a melancholy, a sadness in his eyes like someone who knows too much, as if carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. He looks lonely in his journey. I think it is the first scenario but we`ll see.

@larus Yeah I admit I should proofread better. I type things correctly to have them autocorrected later (and I don't check) . When you pointed it out , I was like Oh? I never wrote MOM. It would not make sense. Then I read it dang MIN changed to MOM. 

So happy it is Monday and new episode lunch break. Love KBS has tons of clips for us. Thank you!

I am going to watch them now.

Here is the preview clip for tomorrow:

Clips for today (there are a ton ) Enjoy ! I am going to now.

Spoiler

Spoiler

So everyone in this love triangle is being reincarnated over and over again.....and history is essentially almost repeating itself....the whole thing in the forest, cabin, rain....and Ji Woo is trying to not repeat his mistake...I have a feeling he is going to make the same mistake while trying so hard to control all the elements around him ....and he was at Min Ju's grave which is Hyun Ju's last incarnation......I am liking the show.....Do Gyum is just so swoony when he tries.....my heart, I don't even know who I want to root Hyun Joo with, both guy have chemistry with her....Ah, my heart.

Immensely enjoying the show, its not too dark or anything...simple premise and good actors doing fine job in their respective roles....and past live portion is also pretty well inserted into the drama, I like their editing so far for scene transitions....well done

Hello everyone, i am lurking around this thread because i have not started watching this! I am reading around the thread before i decide if i should start this? Maybe will start mid way because there are just so many interesting dramas premiering lately!! 

Wow, seems like HJE is active in the dramaland lately ~ i just finished Mystic Pop Up Bar ! Coincidentally, this story talks about past lives and the implications it has on the present lives again, which is similar to HJE's last drama, but albeit different because Mystic includes mystic elements and has the Hotel De Luna + Goblin vibe? I believe this drama will be a more realistic touch revolving around issues faced by some of the modern females :) Actually come to think of it, there seems to be alot of past lives x present lives drama lately because i had watched quite a few this year? I guess its a popular theme/genre?

And yas !! It's YHM + SJH again! Playing love rivals again after Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter! I really loved their bromance there and the story in general was very cute (altho i found the comic relief parts abit lame LOL). Tbh, i was rooting for SJH in that drama and i rmb there were alot of divided opinions again about who MCW will end up with. In the end, the drama did followed the webtoon ending and yay SJH got his girl :wub: but hey YHM got his happy ending/ redemption too. This drama seems very similar to Mama Fairy in terms of the storyline (aka past present lives), with the same 2 guys in love triangle and bromance (not complaining) so actually i am curious how is it different other than Mama Fairy having the heaven and earth realms thingy. Currently, not standing on any sides but i am curious to hear everyone's opinions before i start :) 

sorry, i always get away when typing but nice to meet everyone here :) 

Side note:-

I am so not digging that fugly bowl haircut that Do Gyum sports!:unamused:

They met in 3 past lifetimes including the present? Koreans truly love this destiny trope I tell ya LoL. It's like The Legend of the Blue Sea, where everyone is inter connected. 

Ji Woo and Do Gyum make a cute couple too eheheh.:relaxed: When Hyun Joo kept tumbling over and over despite insisting she could piggy back ride Do Gyum, I couldn't help but laugh.:joy: Like I don't know? Call an ambulance geez LoL.     

Their past life wigs were horrific. Well maybe just Do Gyum's. Both Hyun Joo and Ji Woo look alright.  

Seo Ji Hoon, Yoon Hyun Min, And Hwang Jung Eum Continue A Complicated Love Triangle In “To All The Guys Who Loved Me”

Jul 14, 2020
by S. Nam
2d0b02459c87445a99996b8570b08c2e.jpeg?s=

Jul 14, 2020
by S. Nam

KBS 2TV’s “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” released new stills of Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Hyun Min, and Seo Ji Hoon!

Spoiler

Previously, Seo Hyun Joo (Hwang Jung Eum) and Hwang Ji Woo (Yoon Hyun Min) continued to share fateful encounters. Seo Hyun Joo also came to believe Hwang Ji Woo was gay after hearing rumors and seeing him interact with Park Do Kyum (Seo Ji Hoon). Furthermore, Hwang Ji Woo tried to get Seo Hyun Joo to quit her job, and he even confessed that he intentionally went to the blind date.

Following Hwang Ji Woo’s shocking confession, the two have grown further apart. The newly released stills show Hwang Ji Woo and Seo Hyun Joo at a company dinner together. In order to mess with Hwang Ji Woo, Seo Hyun Joo keeps feeding him alcohol, but Hwang Ji Woo looks surprisingly fine with a comfortable smile on his face. However, the production team has revealed that Hwang Ji Woo will suddenly get drunk and carry out unexpected antics, letting go of his cold-hearted CEO image.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1412712wpp/seo-ji-hoon-yoon-hyun-min-and-hwang-jung-eum-continue-a-complicated-love-triangle-in-to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me

Archived