[Drama 2020] To All the Guys Who Loved Me/ Men Are Men, 그놈이 그놈이다

larus

Seo Ji Hoon And Hwang Jung Eum Team Up To Find The Truth In “To All The Guys Who Loved Me”

876259114e5a4bf8a1f7a7e45a57c1bc.jpeg?s=

Aug 17, 2020
by S. P

KBS 2TV’s “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” has released new stills from the upcoming episode!

The romantic comedy tells the story of Seo Hyun Joo (Hwang Jung Eum), a woman who has given up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks. After finally deciding that all men are alike, she suddenly gets caught between Hwang Ji Woo (Yoon Hyun Min) and Park Do Kyum (Seo Ji Hoon), two completely opposite men both vying for her love.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Seo Hyun Joo parted ways with Hwang Ji Woo after being hurt by his lies. To make things worse, Seo Hyun Joo was thrust into danger when Kim Sun Hee (Choi Myung Gil) attempted to charge her with embezzlement of public funds. However, Hwang Ji Woo came to her rescue, arguing that Seo Hyun Joo met the involved party to get their signature upon his own request. With the situation becoming more and more complicated, it remains to be seen how the story will evolve.

The first set of new stills shows Hwang Ji Woo meeting Kim Sun Hee with palpable tension in the air. Kim Sun Hee glares at him with an expression as cold as ice, while Hwang Ji Woo looks ready to stand his ground as he faces her unflinchingly. The stills suggest that the fight is not yet over as the two of them appear unwilling to give in.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1419573wpp/seo-ji-hoon-and-hwang-jung-eum-team-up-to-find-the-truth-in-to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@larus @jelly Thanks for the articles/ information of this drama.

@0ly40  OOOH thanks for the OST goodies. I must admit if anything the OST is great.

@Samuel Yohanes Hmm I wonder how it will  pan out too.

From the articles more will be found out about the past, I just got into work so no time to watch the short clips right now (plus they are still coming in slowly for today's episode).

KBS clips of todays episode (in progress)

Spoiler

Teaser for tomorrow's episode 14

Seems like alot is discovered by JW, he would not have went to find HY (said at the end)

He realizes the sad fates of all those involved

HJ finds out about the gift to MJ and said she saw Kim Sun Hee's face

Def seems like more doors and secrets are opened tomorrow 

I keep following this drama but feeling a bit frustrated with the old lady drama. Very annoying to see her keep interfering their life (I know it's part of the story) but why only the third past life is highlighted. How about 200 years ago (the first past life) and the second one? Did that Mrs Kim in their story too?

@orion00 I hear you about dealing with Kim Sun Hee. Why is she a big part of this drama? I know we need some conflicts. But I agree it more concentrated on the arc with HER in it as she is still alive with her meddling of Min Joo and the others when she was in college.

True we got some clips (brief) of the other two lives but not as much as harder to show the conflict? I thought honestly might see more during the Japanese Occupation period than the older one like Joseon period. But no definitely not.

Missed HJ parents and the noble idiocy of JW to protect HJ. Seriously even if you leave you really think that KSH will let HJ off the hook and not deal with her? (NO as we see her as she told her daughter before she wants them to suffer as much as her.) Uh hello this is the current reincarnation and you are just as evil as before.

JW was right to call her on her behaviour. I think today's episode (will watch later as at work now and cannot watch it. Last night's subs were out late that I had to see the episode around midnight waiting for it last night).  When he did the technical words request---stay away from HJ never to see her again and not work with her. He did what she wanted but by giving up as CEO and going to the USA Branch.  KSH when you gave the terms you gave loop holes. Frankly as 5% stock holder blackmailing him to sue HJ, he did address your requests. So you STILL wanting to be able to see JW around -HAHHA. Don't think so. 

DG being sweet to HJ and her friends too. I am glad she has her tribe.

The side story about the fortune teller /shaman---wow that is pricy 50,000 won.  Def fishy what she said, but she is sussing out what people want to hear. LOL that is true. People will believe what they want to believe.

I was glad for HJ to try to talk with JW at least and clarify (as she did in the past) but to protect her he won't. So wonder what happens today so that we get our OTP back and even a proposal from JW to HJ.

I guess the detective work of DG and HJ to find that guy who got the agreement signed by HJ (caught up with the guy then?)

Today's ep 14 clips from KBS 

Spoiler

ep 15 preview 

Seems like they are gearing for a happy ending in this drama?

-The show our OTP thinking of ways to call each other (more HJ with JW)

-we see JW proposing to HY and he is planning about it

-DG trying to accept it and come to terms

-end of the preview--looks like I will get married (HJ voice)

@Nodame I do agree with your comment. Some of the storyline do not match and a bit blur too. Like you, I also hoping to get happy ending for this drama. They have good actor and actress in this drama but a bit disappointing a very slow pace in their storyline. 

I'm waiting for the episode 14 sub but still unavailable. Need to wait longer to watch it. By the way we might experience delay this drama finale since one of the supporting actor tested positive with COVID-19. 

“To All The Guys Who Loved Me” Halts Filming After Supporting Actor Tests Positive For COVID-19

87ef2c4082c94854aee9d8b2e0c9458d.jpeg?s=

Aug 19, 2020
by J. Lim

KBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” has had to halt all filming after supporting actor Seo Sung Jong tested positive for COVID-19.

On August 19, Osen reported that Seo Sung Jong had tested positive for COVID-19. The report claimed that the actor had begun experiencing symptoms on August 16 and had gotten tested on August 18, with his results coming back on August 19.

A source from the drama confirmed the news that Seo Sung Jong had tested positive for COVID-19 and they explained, “Seo Sung Jong came to the set to film his scenes on August 14. Today, he was informed that he had tested positive for COVID-19. We have halted all filming for the drama, and all those who came into contact with him have been asked to quarantine and get tested.”

“To All the Guys Who Loved Me” has just two episodes left to air, and when asked if this will impact the broadcast schedule of the drama, the source replied, “We are not at the stage to discuss such matters yet. We will release an official statement once we know all of the details.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1420036wpp/to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me-halts-filming-after-supporting-actor-tests-positive-for-covid-19

@forumsoomp Yup when I saw the photo of the actor, he is not a big player to the plot. But for the safety of all those involved they prob are testing everyone before continuing. I think that is the right thing to do. Frustrating overall though.

@Samuel Yohanes Agree health is important and I wonder where they are at shooting the drama. I am guessing ep 15 is done and just ep 16?

@larus Thanks for the article.

@orion00 Me too! I waited to 1 am my time and subs were still not out! Monday night (they came out 11pm ) when usually fans or other sites have it up at 7pm latest. I guess I am spoiled. I could have watched it RAW but instead caught up other dramas and watched stuff I have been wanting to watch.

Here is to a safe finished production of this drama and the tangled web of the past lives etc.

Frustrated and I did not watch the clips of ep 14 either.

-//////////

edit: I finally watched ep 14 tonight.

so don’t know if this drama ends next week due to filming being halted, there was movements in the plot setting up for finale weekend.

- DG getting HJ at JW pls be aware she was followed by KSH person. Good she knew. Also good that that person got diverted for them to meet briefly JW and HJ.

- This mildang saying tired and wanting out. HJ realizing she doesn’t want JW to be harmed and def cares more than she wants to admit. Glad that SY dropped of info her mom collected to HJ. Also sweet of DG telling her he would have done the same . True to love someone is to want their happiness even if you cannot be together with them.

- Side stories of the friends, guess single friend is better in terms of her fertility and divorced friend finally telling her ex hubby no. I didn’t find her thinking being with her ex was a smart anyways. The house wife working with HJ, is she not returned to her family (not sure).

- Glad HJ finally learns the truth and when HJ talks to JW he learned the messenger with false note was paid off by KSH. Dang to  also take his ring and send a breakup letter to Minju too acting as JH sunbae. So pitiful. No wonder the fake out meeting to tell KSH the switcheroo of contracts and taped chat to frame HJ. KSH has gall to say JW stabbing her in the back? So sad and twisted. Her unhappiness and then saying all stated with JH sunbae. Seriously?! He was just so handsome and you were upset to be ignored. Wow. I was fed up with her predictable lack of remorse on her actions. So baffled then again not as she is self centered.

Missed HJ parents and their silly side story to raise funds to help her repay the so called embezzled funds. Dang the dad was hardcore socking away money hiding from mom. Wow! But seeing mom likes to spend I can see why he does. I think having rainy days fund is important but fun in life too is key.

Glad and proud of DG telling HJ to go to JW. Also his continuous and unwavering support of her. She is a lucky gal.

Nice JW didn’t leave and fixed the music box. When it broke I was wondering if that was symbolizing breaking free from the past?! Then fixing it with the new line now from JW to HJ. Finally the true it out. They want to be together. 

Earlier two just know basic tragic. Now we know after the arrest JH was tortured  during the year imprisonment.KSH faked note from JH returning ring to MJ breaking up with her. Dang we know their break up scene he didn’t want her to see his disability and lied about going to USA instead of getting back together to only die. Dang. Then MJ and the hoobae pass in a car accident. Sad twisted lives shortened tragically. Only KSH survives. 

So expecting during finale week a wedding! 

Wow 7 september and 14 september that will be a reallllllyy long wait for the finale. But for the safety it is needed!

Hopefully we got the happy ending!

But i thought Ep 15 had done filming? Looking at the preview alone atleast half the scene is done but maybe still lack some scene? Idk. 

Hopefully it didnt break the quality of the last 2 episode

Reading the forum and its comments about the slow plot, I am glad I didn't watch from the beginning, and only started somewhere in the middle. I decided to check this out as I happen to like the ML after watching him in Tunnel & Witch at Court and the FL from She was Pretty. I find it amusing how both ML and 2nd ML were both love rivals from before in another drama (mama fairy and the woodcutter), and it probably allowed them to act more comfortably, since they have collaborated before. 

Having watched E13&14, I must say both ML and FL were able to portray the internal conflict they experienced pretty well. I agree with @jelly the the ML's behaviour is rather restrained, but the good thing is the actor (YHM) still manages to deliver the emotions experienced across. Particularly in E14 where he confronts the 'old lady', I reckon the emotional undertones were about right. And the ending scene for E14, the longing for the FL he had to suppress and finally not needing to do so anymore as he confesses to her, and the way she looks at him...I think those two pulled it off!

Tis a pity that that last two episodes have to be delayed, but I hope all is well with everyone and here's wishing even the actor who is diagnosed with the virus recovers soon.

Yoon Hyun Min, Hwang Jung Eum, And Seo Ji Hoon Are Passionate About Their Roles In “To All The Guys Who Loved Me”

Aug 29, 2020
by L. Kim

KBS 2TV’s “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” recently revealed new behind-the-scenes stills of the three lead actors on set!

In the drama, the three display an exciting love triangle, and viewers are finding it impossible to decide between the two male characters.

The behind-the-scene stills showcase various moments of Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Hyun Min, and Seo Ji Hoon. First of all, Hwang Jung Eum brightens the atmosphere with her cheerful smile. You can also see her affection and passion for her character as she seriously studies her script.

Yoon Hyun Min immerses into his role as the cool and calm Hwang Ji Woo. He poses with a book in hand and shows the intellectual charm of an educated man. He also monitors his acting with diligence and seriousness.

On the other hand, Seo Ji Hoon concentrates on his script and attempts to portray his character in the most efficient way. During break, he poses for the camera with a gentle smile, and viewers are excited to see more of his acting on screen.

hwang-jung-eum-yoon-hyun-min-seo-ji-hoon

https://www.soompi.com/article/1422295wpp/yoon-hyun-min-hwang-jung-eum-and-seo-ji-hoon-are-passionate-about-their-roles-in-to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me

Thanks @larus for the updates and articles.

Glad they could push up the schedule and finish and still be safe.

Clips for today ep 15 and more in the SPOILERS as KBS has a lot of them. Thanks!

Spoiler

I watched ep 15 last night, kind of happy to see the last two episodes not spanned for two weeks and glad they finished filming safely too.

-I liked the lovey dovey scenes.Why is HJ so reticent to be hitched? I know she has issues from the past lives. Glad we learned from JW that he mentioned what happened from the other two earlier lives. Yeah! So he died before he could return to his wife in the first live. Second life he supported the underground Independent movement against the Japanese Occupation and then went back to admit the truth but she died before he could. DANG. We all know the third life and our OTP.

-HJ really is anti marriage with her being so jumpy at the celebration of the webtoon portal party at JW's place. I cannot blame her but it was very sweet of him to print her webtoon. Such an encouraging boyfriend.

-The date interrupted by HJ parents was cute. The fact they left and told them to "continue being busy " wink wink was cute.

-JW and DG hanging out being awkward and the nice wine bar then regular modest Soju Bar . Soooooo awkward. I loved the bonding moment that forever sealed them to be hyung nim and dongseng as JW punched the aggressive drunk to help him. Awww that I loved. Funny how HJ thought they were FIGHTING each other at the police station.

-Aftermath with the Foundation leader drinking and having a little regret. I liked the daughter saying her mom is important to her. Then HJ wanting to meet up with her and being rejected. The fact the denial of meeting up with HJ, she thought of her to be mean and look down at her. We know HJ is not that kind of person. 

DG, I am liking he and JW are closer. But i want him to have a love interest but TOO late to give him one in ep 16. He has just been too long and loyal liking HJ. 

Great to see the CUTE HJ parents scenes. LOL. Crack me up and expecting to see them more in the finale.

I am def seeing a WEDDING as HJ is slowly getting used to the idea. 

(Plus posting the ep 16 posts I saw it.)

Archived