[Drama 2020] To All the Guys Who Loved Me/ Men Are Men, 그놈이 그놈이다

larus

@larus @Edgar Pordwed Thanks to you and everyone else's comments, I will still stick it out for the actors. But compared to Born Again (I don't have that level of being upset with the writer, but I do agree it is slow story. Then again that doesn't bother me if it is done well but here it is not. Other than comic relief and liking the actors (not necessarily their character counterparts). I will still watch it as I don't have any other dramas I am watching on Mon and Tues. Maybe I should start Good Cop. LOL

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I waited for this drama to reach half mark to have some kind of development, yet we are still in the same boat. I watched or do i say fast forwarded the last three episodes. The past life visions are have still not been explored. No clue about the secret of their reincarnations. Even if I missed few episodes and then watched epi 8, it would be the same, nothing amiss..

Do Geum's pining is so painful to watch. He has confessed so many times, only to be dismissed.He should move on..

Hyun Joo's parents are so comical.. I can't with them.. :lol:They save this drama to some extent. 

IMO.. This drama for some reason is not making me anxious for the next episodes at all. Another thing is that am not feeling the chemistry between the leads. The reincarnation plot line has given them past life burdens and the chemistry is somewhere lost.Will come back to it when something significant happens.I hope they give us something to be invested in apart from the reincarnation plot line. 

@NodameThanks for the welcome.. 

2 hours ago, Ashbelle said:

I hope they give us something to be invested in apart from the reincarnation plot line. 

I hope it is the last drama I saw with the reincarnation storyline. :lol:

In a way I am curious to find out what happened with Min ju, Jin ho and if Kim Sun Hee has something to do with their death. Maybe they will have closer and rest in peace if someone has something to do with the accident. Or the present lives will find peace?

I hope Hyun joo will remember the dreams because I can stand to see the same dream all over again.

2 hours ago, Ashbelle said:

Do Geum's pining is so painful to watch. He has confessed so many times, only to be dismissed.He should move on..

If he really doesn`t have any chance why torture him? Yes, he should accept the situation that she will always see him as sibling and move on.

5 hours ago, larus said:

I hope it is the last drama I saw with the reincarnation storyline. :lol:

In a way I am curious to find out what happened with Min ju, Jin ho and if Kim Sun Hee has something to do with their death. Maybe they will have closer and rest in peace if someone has something to do with the accident. Or the present lives will find peace?

I hope Hyun joo will remember the dreams because I can stand to see the same dream all over again.

If he really doesn`t have any chance why torture him? Yes, he should accept the situation that she will always see him as sibling and move on.

I don't think reality has much place here seeing as how this is another drama where a woman seems to like being stalked but DG liked her for 10 years so I can understand why he wouldn't give up after a few days.

If you are looking for a good romantic comedy please check out Into the Ring/Memorials.  Through 9 episodes it is truly wonderful.

3 Questions To Be Answered In 2nd Half Of “To All The Guys Who Loved Me”

0e4dfa9e1d8d4686a81baf835ae03f08.jpeg?s=

by L. Kim

KBS 2TV’s “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” has shared some key points to look out for in the second half of the drama!

The romantic comedy tells the story of Seo Hyun Joo (Hwang Jung Eum), a woman who has given up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks. After finally deciding that all men are alike, she suddenly gets caught between Hwang Ji Woo (Yoon Hyun Min) and Park Do Kyum (Seo Ji Hoon), two completely opposite men both vying for her love.

Spoilers

Here are three key questions that will be answered in the second half of the drama:

1. Will Seo Hyun Joo change her mind about marriage?

Previously, Hwang Ji Woo and Park Do Kyum engaged in a tense war of nerves to win Seo Hyun Joo’s heart. Park Do Kyum, who has been in love with Seo Hyun Joo for 10 years, tried to end his unrequited love by expressing his true feelings to her, but the situation became ambiguous due to Seo Hyun Joo trying to leave him in the friend zone.

On the other hand, Seo Hyun Joo found out that her “fated” encounter with Hwang Ji Woo was nothing but a lie, so she tried to distance herself from him. However, she discovered he was the one who had saved her life when she was younger, so she became close to him again. Unpredictable developments in each episode are raising expectations about who Seo Hyun Joo will choose in the end.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1415884wpp/3-questions-to-be-answered-in-2nd-half-of-to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me

On 7/30/2020 at 8:57 PM, Edgar Pordwed said:

She called Ji-woo to the hospital!! They made it look like it was Do-gyum last episode. Why? She has so many friends and colleagues!  

She did? I did not pay attention. That was not Do Gyeom`s phone? It is odd that she called the CEO from all the people. IRL you call the parents or close friends or directly to emergency center.

1 hour ago, larus said:

She did? I did not pay attention. That was not Do Gyeom`s phone? It is odd that she called the CEO from all the people. IRL you call the parents or close friends or directly to emergency center.

I just rewatched the end of EP6/beginning of EP 7. 

In EP 6 HJ called YE but YE was working and asked why she didn't call DG.  YE called DG, who left his phone at the Coffee maker.  JW picked up the phone and answered it, instead of telling DG he had a phone call.  JW rushed out to the HJ's house, not telling DG.  

In EP 7 DG is calling HJ but she isn't answering her phone.  He can't go visit her since JW didn't tell anyone what hospital he took her to.  JH eventually calls DG goes to the hospital and instead of letting HJ know about JW's actions he gracefully thanks JW for getting HJ to the hospital.

I thought there was a scene where YE spoke with DG about her initial phone call and was surprised JW didn't tell him about it but I couldn't find it.

17 hours ago, D27Gjk68 said:

In EP 6 HJ called YE but YE was working and asked why she didn't call DG.  YE called DG, who left his phone at the Coffee maker.  JW picked up the phone and answered it, instead of telling DG he had a phone call.  JW rushed out to the HJ's house, not telling DG.  

This is what I thought also. Thanks.

It makes more sense this way. I can understand/explain why Ji Woo rushed to the hospital without telling Do Gyeom but when he was there he ignored Do Gyeom`s calls. That was not nice at all. He should have told Hyun Joo`s old friend what is going on. He tried to find out where she is and he was very worried. Hyun Joo told him next day. I am proud that he swollow his pride and anger and thanked Ji Woo anyway. That`s the mature way to react to such event.

Hwang Jung Eum Undergoes Hypnosis To Find Answers In “To All The Guys Who Loved Me”

Aug 2, 2020

f9d85e39d10b4efda601cb97c32a9093.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” has shared new stills of Hwang Jung Eum from the upcoming episode!

The romantic comedy tells the story of Seo Hyun Joo (Hwang Jung Eum), a woman who has given up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks. After finally deciding that all men are alike, she suddenly gets caught between Hwang Ji Woo (Yoon Hyun Min) and Park Do Kyum (Seo Ji Hoon), two completely opposite men both vying for her love.

Spoilers

After suffering from recurring nightmares, Seo Hyun Joo received psychological counseling at the recommendation of Hwang Ji Woo. After undergoing hypnotherapy, Seo Hyun Joo appeared to be much more at ease.

In the new stills, Seo Hyun Joo visits the psychotherapist once again in hopes of finding the meaning behind the melody that she keeps hearing in her dreams. Deep in slumber, Seo Hyun Joo suddenly awakens after seeing something in her dream that shocks her. Viewers are curious to find out the story behind the melody that keeps ringing in her head.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1416533wpp/hwang-jung-eum-undergoes-hypnosis-to-find-answers-in-to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me

by S. P

On 8/1/2020 at 5:32 PM, D27Gjk68 said:

I just rewatched the end of EP6/beginning of EP 7. 

In EP 7 DG is calling HJ but she isn't answering her phone.  He can't go visit her since JW didn't tell anyone what hospital he took her to.  JH eventually calls DG goes to the hospital and instead of letting HJ know about JW's actions he gracefully thanks JW for getting HJ to the hospital.

I thought there was a scene where YE spoke with DG about her initial phone call and was surprised JW didn't tell him about it but I couldn't find it.

See Episode 7 Scene 46:35- Shes eating with Do-gyum and he says that he wants to be the person she thinks of when shes sick or suffering.  So I assumed she didn't call him. Ok but I listened to the entire dialogue again and yeah I'm wrong. Oops sorry!

10 hours ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

See Episode 7 Scene 46:35- Shes eating with Do-gyum and he says that he wants to be the person she thinks of when shes sick or suffering.  So I assumed she didn't call him. Ok but I listened to the entire dialogue again and yeah I'm wrong. Oops sorry!

It`s OK. It happens. It is good that she indeed called someone close to her at that moment. So far, Ji woo is not that close.

About Do gyeom, he once again confessed his feeling for her.

When Do gyeom asked her if she was with Ji woo that night (when they were at the hotel) she lied to him. I understand why she lied, because, first she wasn`t ready to confess that she was with Ji Woo and second, she thought of Do Gyeom`s feelings. But I think it would have been better if she would have told him the truth. To give him another message that she is not seeing him like a man.

Hwang Jung Eum Spends Quality Time With Yoon Hyun Min In “To All The Guys Who Loved Me”

Aug 3, 2020
by S. P

KBS 2TV’s

e6dc030b098b44ab800f2b764632e906.jpeg?s=

To All the Guys Who Loved Me” has released new stills featuring Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Hyun Min, and Seo Ji Hoon!

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Seo Hyun Joo discovered that Hwang Ji Woo was the one who saved her from drowning when she was little, thanks to an old picture that her father Seo Ho Joon (Seo Hyun Chul) gave her. Hwang Ji Woo consoled the apologetic Seo Hyun Joo, and their relationship appeared to be on the mend.

The new stills show the pair enjoying a date at the Han River. As a sign of their steadily deepening relationship, Hwang Ji Woo smiles softly at Seo Hyun Joo, who fixes him with an unreadable gaze. Hwang Ji Woo also sits awkwardly on the back of Seo Hyun Joo’s bicycle, holding onto her clothes as if he is afraid he might fall off. Seo Hyun Joo freezes up at his touch, making viewers wonder if the nervous tension is a sign that their relationship might progress into something more.

Hwang-Jung-Eum-Yoon-Hyun-Min-1.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1416777wpp/hwang-jung-eum-spends-quality-time-with-yoon-hyun-min-in-to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me

Busy weekend and Monday morning helping parents, thanks @0ly40 for the kiss and preview

Here are the other clips thanks to KBS being generous with them!

Spoiler

My attempt to translate---please excuse and be patient with any errors.

ep 10 preview:

Hyun Joo--I there really something about past  lives?

Female voice--Boss and you it seems like you are fated (?)

Ji Woo: When I go back, I will report back

Hyun Joo-I will go back in. I also want the memories (to be back?) 

Ji Woo : I want you to be able  recall your memories

Ji Hoon: Nuna don't have a hard time and xxx.

Male voice: Kang Ji Hoon and  Kim Soo  XXX are not relate(?)

Kim Sun Hee: Do what I tell you to do.

Seo Yoon: There is someone I like.

Ji Woo: Have you seen a face you recognize but it Is another person ?

Kim Sun Hee: Ji Hoon Artist, could you please spare some time for me?

I `ve not watched it yet. It looks like Hyun Joo and Ji woo will kiss and they seams like they are dating. Kim Sun hee wants to meet Do Gyeom and she hopes he will help separate them?

Kim Sun hee is really pathetic. I really don`t understand this woman. She has an unhealthy obsession for a man for over 40 years.

Hwang Jung Eum And Yoon Hyun Min Lean In Close For A Romantic Moment In “To All The Guys Who Loved Me”

Aug 4, 2020
by S. Nam

T

b1d410f6009247f6b3fc3b67bd97f181.jpeg?s=

he romance is heating up in KBS 2TV’s “To All the Guys Who Loved Me”!

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Kim Sun Hee (Choi Myung Gil) created a setup that caused Seo Hyun Joo (Hwang Jung Eum) to greatly misunderstand Hwang Ji Woo (Yoon Hyun Min). When Seo Hyun Joo asked Hwang Ji Woo about the name Song Min Joo, Hwang Ji Woo kissed her instead of replying. Seo Hyun Joo also unable to hide her shock when she realized through his touch that the man in her nightmares had been Hwang Ji Woo.

However, new stills of Seo Hyun Joo and Hwang Ji Woo show the two enjoying a romantic time together. In a cozy location, the couple watches a black-and-white movie together amidst a heart-fluttering atmosphere.

Yoon-Hyun-Min-Hwang-Jung-Eum-3.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1416952wpp/hwang-jung-eum-and-yoon-hyun-min-lean-in-close-for-a-romantic-moment-in-to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me

Clip's from today's 10th episode. KBS is always generous with the clips here are some to enjoy (more in the spoiler) 

Spoiler

Preview for ep 11

Attempt to translate---please excuse errors/mistakes

Kim Sun Hee--- The fact of the matter that people are meeting again is that coincidental?

Hyun Joo---What is wrong/the matter? Are you sick? Where are you feeling hurt/sick? Why didn't you say anything?

Do Gyum---Are you sad Nuna?Are you now coming (to me?) 

Hyun Joo-- Do Gyum situation (?) is not different 

Ji Woo--- xxxx different if you want 

Male Voice--- xxxx our Ji Woo prior lives is he afraid of XXX? 

Sun Hee-- To what extent do you trust Jin Woo?

Jin Woo--- I no longer don't want to hide(?) anymore

Kim Sun Hee- Min Ju also had  one person , aren't you curious to who it is?

I am actually enjoying this drama. A few things:

First, I have a feeling that DG could possibly remember or have seen his past life and that is the reason he is so obsessed with HJ. I honestly don't ship them because they truly have a brother-sister type of relationship.

Second, I get the feeling that there is an element to their story that we have not seen yet. It wouldn't surprise me if in the past the crazy chairwoman did something that led to their demise. The mistakes they made in their past lives could be that they were too busy paying attention to the triangle that they didn't notice any outside influence.

Third, now I feel we are finally starting to get to their story. The writer spent too many episodes showing pieces of the past and now we can see that they have spent at least three lives together. Honestly, when HJ was a child, her parents should have explored what she "saw", then she could've met and connected with JW earlier. It appears that they are both past the age of 27 now, so maybe they have lived longer in this life because JW delayed approaching HJ. 

I was initially upset with JW too, especially when it became clear the lengths he went to upend her life, get her fired and keep her from getting hired anywhere else. But on the other hand, she was in a toxic work environment where she was doing way more work than she should've been doing and getting very little credit for it. That is why she was able to recruit those other two from her old job as well. 

Moving forward, we need to find out why Sun Hee is so obsessed with JW/JH? She has clearly lived her own life, became a successful medical professional, had a daughter, etc. Then she saw JW and lost her mind. Sis, move on. He didn't want you 47 years ago, he doesn't want you now.

Archived