[Drama 2020] To All the Guys Who Loved Me/ Men Are Men, 그놈이 그놈이다

larus

“To All The Guys Who Loved Me” Previews Complicated Ties Between Characters With Relationship Chart

Jul 6, 2020

e14d89a0f4af46f1abc36efaac162cb5.jpeg?s=

Ahead of its premiere, “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” released an intricate character relationship chart!

KBS 2TV’s “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” is a romantic comedy starring Hwang Jung Eum as Seo Hyun Joo, a woman who has given up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks. After finally deciding that all men are alike, she suddenly gets caught between two completely opposite men both vying for her love.

Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Hyun Min, and Seo Ji Hoon star as Seo Hyun Joo, Hwang Ji Woo, and Park Do Kyum respectively as the drama’s main love triangle. Curiosity mounts as to who Seo Hyun Joo will choose between Hwang Ji Woo, whom she has a complicated relationship with, and Park Do Kyum, who is a close friend she grew up with. On top of this messy love triangle, viewers can also look forward to a special bromance between Hwang Ji Woo and Park Do Kyum.

To-All-the-Guys-Who-Loved-Me-1.jpg

The two men are also caught up with Kim Sun Hee (Choi Myung Gil) and her daughter Han Seo Yoon (Jo Woo Ri). While Han Seo Yoon is engaged to Hwang Ji Woo, she has a one-sided crush on Park Do Kyum. Meanwhile, her goal-driven and extravagant mother Kim Sun Hee has an overwhelming amount of admiration for Hwang Ji Woo and will stop at nothing to make sure her daughter marries him.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1411093wpp/to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me-previews-complicated-ties-between-characters-with-relationship-chart

by S. Cho

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pictures from the press conference

80721_39672_3349.jpg

2020070614413645101_1594014096.jpg

Actor Kim Do yeon signed an exclusive contract with agency 51K and confirmed the appearence in drama Men are Men.

2020070601114_0.jpg

Kim Do-yeon shows off a new charm playing the role of Oh Ji-hwan, the best friend of Do-gyeom (Ji-hoon Seo) in the play.It is expected to portray the character of Ji-Hwan Oh, a work with a healthy and strong charm that does not fall out.
Kim Do-yeon said, "I am excited and excited about a new challenge as an actor to be unfolded in 51K. I will try to show a good figure as an actor through various activities in the future," and "To all the Men Who loved me." I'm shooting hard, so I hope you'll have a lot of expectations.”

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/07/06/2020070601120.html

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] To All the Guys Who Loved Me/ Men are Men, 그놈이 그놈이다 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

“To All The Guys Who Loved Me” Cast Shares Thoughts On Their Roles And Key Points To Look Forward To Ahead Of Drama’s Premiere

Jul 6, 2020
by S. P
4e2d2c3c622c433c9ac9ed06b22bff2d.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” will be airing its first episode today!

“To All the Guys Who Loved Me” is a romantic comedy about a woman who has given up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks. After finally deciding that all men are alike, she suddenly gets caught between two completely opposite men both vying for her love.

Ahead of the premiere, the actors shared the reasons why they chose the drama and revealed some key points to look forward to.

Yoon-Hyun-Min-Hwang-Jung-Eum-Seo-Ji-Hoon

Hwang Jung Eum, who plays Seo Hyun Joo who has completely given up on marriage, said, “I was thankful to have a chance to act in a romantic comedy. The layout of the drama was special since it was different from other romantic comedies. I chose this drama since I thought I could show everyone a more mature side of myself.”

The actress also spoke about her chemistry with co-stars Yoon Hyun Min and Seo Ji Hoon, who play the two men who are trying to win her heart. “Both of them are so tall that I smile just looking at them,” she commented. “Yoon Hyun Min likes to joke around, and Seo Ji Hoon is really kind. I’m glad I get to film with such good people.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1411209wpp/to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me-cast-shares-thoughts-on-their-roles-and-key-points-to-look-forward-to-ahead-of-dramas-premiere

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200706000910

Hwang Jung-eum returns through fantasy rom-com ‘Men are Men’

By Choi Ji-won | Jul 6, 2020

9D6C58F6-91F9-4D5B-AE62-EAF6DF2FA9A6.jpg

Lead cast members of “Men are Men” -- from left: Yoon Hyun-min, Hwang Jung-eum and Seo Ji-hoon -- pose for photos during a promotional event for “Men are Men” on Monday. (KBS)

Hwang Jung-eum who has enjoyed success with romantic-comedy dramas is returning to the small screen through another lovey-dovey drama show.

In the new drama “Men are Men” on KBS2, Hwang will play Seo Hyun-joo, a workaholic web comic platform coordinator who vows marriage to herself, only to find herself challenged to rethink the value of love by two suitors.

Hwang, along with the series’ producer Choi Yoon-suk and lead cast members Yoon Hyun-min, Seo Ji-hoon, Choi Myung-gil and Jo Woo-ri, held a promotional press conference Monday, before the first episode aired.

According to the producer, the drama seeks to deal with the issue of forgoing marriage by portraying the lives of women who have different ideas about love and commitment.

“The drama shows the predicaments, lifestyles and romantic relationships of four women who are each against marriage, married, single and divorced,” Choi said, adding he hopes viewers can easily relate to the story. Choi previously helmed KBS dramas “Queen of Mystery” second season (2018) and “Good Manager” (2017).

76AB7435-638C-4F0E-ADAF-E080C77AC82E.jpg
“Men are Men” (KBS)

Often nicknamed as the “queen of rom-com,” Hwang is making a swift return to the small screen less than a month since her most recent series “Mystic Pop-Up Bar” closed the curtains on cable network JTBC in June. 

“I’m grateful to be able to do rom-com at the age of 37 (Korean age),” Hwang said at the Monday’s event. “(The new drama) takes on a different storyline compared to other romantic-comedy dramas. I will be showing a more evolved and mature character.”

Debuting in the entertainment scene as a member of the first generation K-pop girl group “Sugar” in 2002, Hwang started her acting career with SBS’s “Princess Lulu” in 2005 and made herself known through the smash-hit sitcom “High Kick Through the Roof” in 2009. Successfully portraying a lovely character and showing great on-screen chemistry with her counterpart actors, Hwang has brought success to several rom-coms in which she took the lead, including “Kill Me, Heal Me” (2015), “She Was Pretty” (2015) and “Lucky Romance” (2016).

The drama weaves in elements of period-fantasy, as Hyun-joo gets involved with the same man over three lapses of life. In the drama, actors Yoon Hyun-min and Seo Ji-hoon play Hwang’s counterparts, Yoon as pharmaceutical company CEO Hwang Ji-woo, and Seo as star webtoon illustrator Park Do-gyum.

Veteran actress Choi Myung-gil, 57, will star as the chairman of Sejong Medical Foundation Kim Sun-hee and rookie Jo Woo-ri as Sun-hee’s daughter.

The 16-episode series airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. on KBS2 channel starting this week.

By Choi Ji-won (jwc@heraldcorp.com)

:letsgo:It's gotta be somewhere by now. I found it in the illegals so it's somewhere legal. @tulip06

It is out now on Viki and Kocowa. I guess Kocowa is for usa and Canada. At this moment Viki is still subbing episode 1 and Kocowa is already subbed. Time now is 3 hours later than my original post.

16 hours ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

Hey everyone! Excited for the drama! 

Its not going to be available on Viki in my region until August 20! Will have to watch it on some other site!

Hi,  If it's airing on Viki and Kocowa, it is proably available everywhere. It's on viki ,even though yesterday it said it's not available in my region.  Sorry for the multiple post. They all say the same thing.:crazymad:I just saw the raw version and the subbed version. When I saw the raw version I thought the drama was all over the place. But when I saw the subbed version everthing made sense. Of course, I'm not suppose to figure it all out at once. The story is intriguing. It has a lot more than what the summary says.  I'm not one to analyze a drama. Find hidden meaning and such. If you like that, this drama will be a bonus for you. I will enjoy watching it as it is.  BTW if anyone has already watched ep1. That part with the hanky - to me I think he was going to put it over her face; like trying to subdue her and carry her away - the way he was holding the hanky. She was crying, so  maybe I'm wrong. @Sirry UslyBoth main leads seem to have major issues.

2 hours ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

Its not available in my region either, nor is Kocowa. It'll be released with subs on the other sites by tomorrow evening so should just wait till then! :sweatingbullets:

I'll PM you links to a couple of not-legal sites.  ;)

I'm giving this show a try because I enjoyed our lead actress in Mystic Pop-up Bar.  The first episode was cute, and I'm thinking this will be a fun summer watch.

I loved the first episode. But seriously looks like she is having a multiple personality disorder ,through the centuries, without the subs!:whytho: That child actor was a riot when she woke up from her coma!

Now I need to watch with subs!

Yoon Hyun Min, Hwang Jung Eum, And Seo Ji Hoon Have A Surprising Encounter In “To All The Guys Who Loved Me”

Jul 7, 2020

25966b61069f411fb98b7bfe12d097e9.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s new drama “To All the Guys Who Loved Me” released new stills of Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Hyun Min, and Seo Ji Hoon!

“To All the Guys Who Loved Me” is a romantic comedy about a woman who has given up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks. After finally deciding that all men are alike, she suddenly gets caught between two completely opposite men both vying for her love.

The newly released stills showcase Seo Hyun Joo (Hwang Jung Eum) and Hwang Ji Woo (Yoon Hyun Min) exchanging affectionate gazes with one another. The two smile gently during their reunion following the CPR incident during the first episode. Viewers are curious to find out what will occur amidst the heart-fluttering atmosphere after their unforgettable first encounter.

Furthermore, another image reveals Park Do Kyum (Seo Ji Hoon) wearing an excessive outfit, looking out of place at the fancy cafe. He energetically points his finger at Hwang Ji Woo and makes Seo Hyun Joo freak out, drawing curiosity as to what could have occurred during their interesting reunion.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1411368wpp/yoon-hyun-min-hwang-jung-eum-and-seo-ji-hoon-have-a-surprising-encounter-in-to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me

by S. Nam

Spoiler

ezgif-2-16230a7aaa30.jpg

ezgif-2-38388e4d14c7.jpg&key=8e96c56c933

ezgif-2-ac2a6c4d3b40.jpg

ezgif-2-c17f70d5b4bf.jpg

Spoiler

He abandoned her in THREE past lives??!!!

And Hwang Ji Woo mysteriously seems to be involved in Hyun Joo's present life too. 

What a good start! ...waiting for more!:popcornjackson:

I just finished episode 1. Very promising. I think I found another drama to wait for each week. It was funny.

I like the heroine, her friendship with Do-Gyeom, with her childhood friends. Yoon Hyun Min`s character is very misterious. I don`t know why Hyun Joo and Ji Woo had such an unfortunate fate in the past lives but I hope this time will be better. He is sick? I don`t mind if Hyun Joo will end up with the second lead if this way she can broke up the bad luck but I hope for a happy ending for everyone. I root for Hyun joo and Ji woo as well.

Seing Joo Ye Rim (the child actress who played young Hyun Joo) was a surprise. She did a good job when her character wake up from the coma with past lives infromations. It was like she was an old lady in a child`s body.

I am looking forward the next episodes.

@larus @thistle  Nice to see friendly people I recognize! Yeah! Hi Friends!:hooray2:

I stumbled last night on Episode 1 looking for something to watch. I love Yoon Hyun Min alot and I don't  mind Hwang Jung Eum either. After seeing her in Mystic Pop Up Bar (as well) I enjoyed it alot.

Interesting with the past lives and thoughts on marriage/dating etc for the current FL.

I enjoyed it and looking forward to ep 2. 

Ep 2 clips (Lunch break for me now)  CLIPS galore (unlike AHEM other channels):heart3:

Spoiler

Ep 3 preview

Hi friends!

I also thought the first two episodes showed promise. I found it hilarious that the love rivals from Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter are the rivals here. I didn't even realize who the main actors were other than Hwang Jung Eum. I guess Yoon Hyun Min wanted to be the past-life love this time!

After Mystic Pop Up Bar, I'm now willing to give Hwang Jung Eum a chance. Prior to that, I just couldn't stomach her acting. Too screechy and over the top for my tastes. But here (and in MPUB), she does a great job of not overacting the comedy. 

The only negatives for me are the heavy handed 'mystery' at this point. It's a bit much for me. I also am not a big fan of the "she thinks Ji Woo is gay and hitting on Do Gyeom!" That doesn't sit well and I hope they don't stretch that out too long. 

The side characters are all cute and engaging and the humor is well done.  I think it seems fun and the past lives aspect is intriguing. Hopefully, they keep up a good story pace.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:28 AM, angelbeast90 said:

This is going to be angsty for the leads I see. Anyways Hyunmin and Seo Jihoon again!

I'm ready to watch it and don't mind if Seo Jihoon is the second male lead!! Just hope he is not written as an annoying second male lead though!! Anyways I just want him to be memorable even though he become annoying!! What am I saying is hope his portfolio is not just the sweet second lead who gets rejected in every drama!!

I know but supposedly 

Spoiler

Yoonmin need to win because seojin won on  mama fairy the girl

Archived