[Drama 2020] To All the Guys Who Loved Me/ Men Are Men, 그놈이 그놈이다

larus

Stills

Yoon Hyun Min And Seo Ji Hoon Show Contrasting Charms In 1st Glimpse Of New Rom-Com Characters

May 27, 2020
by L. Kim
cab0eb6c2c6340b49aead490c697df4a.jpeg?s=

Upcoming KBS 2TV drama “That Guy is That Guy” (literal translation) has shared a first look at its male lead Yoon Hyun Min and Seo Ji Hoon.

“That Guy is That Guy” will be a romantic comedy about a woman who has given up on marriage after multiple heartbreaks but meets two men with contrasting charms who try to win her over.

First off, Yoon Hyun Min will be playing Hwang Ji Woo, the CEO of a pharmaceutical company who has cold charisma but a warm heart. He has always been indifferent to the confession of numerous women, but he will show great interest towards Seo Hyun Joo (Hwang Jung Eum).

In the newly released photos, Hwang Ji Woo is impeccably dressed in neat suits, and his sharp face exudes a chic aura. Viewers are already eager to find out how Yoon Hyun Min will portray this new character.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1402913wpp/yoon-hyun-min-and-seo-ji-hoon-show-contrasting-charms-in-1st-glimpse-of-new-rom-com-characters

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noona romance unfolds in new KBS drama That Guy Is the Guy

by tineybeanie

hje_sjh_cmg1.jpg

New stills from That Guy Is the Guy have been released, featuring Hwang Jung-eum (Mystic Pop-Up Bar), Seo Ji-hoon (Welcome), and Choi Myung-gil (Gracious Revenge). This upcoming rom-com drama is about a career woman, played by Hwang Jung-eum, who is completely opposed to marriage. Suddenly, she happens to receive love confessions from two men with very different personalities.

One of Hwang Jung-eum’s suitors will be Seo Ji-hoon’s character, who is a popular webtoon artist. He’s sincerely warm and friendly, and his honest and direct approach at love is swoonworthy. While Hwang Jung-eum is his boss at work, their relationship extends far beyond the office—they grew up together like family so they bicker like siblings.

Choi Myung-gil plays the director of a medical welfare foundation, who hides her Machiavellian tenacity behind a gentle manner and elegant appearance. She’s hellbent on marrying her daughter, played by Jo Woo-ri (The Wind Blows), to the CEO of a pharma company, played by Yoon Hyun-min (My Holo Love), despite his involvement with Hwang Jung-eum’s character. He is the third leg of Hwang Jung-eum’s love triangle.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/noona-romance-unfolds-in-new-kbs-drama-that-guy-is-the-guy/

Poster

1Z3UWSX0VY_1.jpg

https://sedaily.com/NewsView/1Z3UWSX0VY

The offcial release date is july 6. The English title is Men are Men (working title).

June 1 2020

Teaser poster and ep.1 air date set for KBS2 drama series “Men are Men”

Men_are_Men-tp1.jpg

Teaser poster and ep.1 air date set for KBS2 drama series “Men are Men” (working title) starring Hwang Jung-Eum, Yoon Hyun-Min, and Seo Ji-Hoon. The teaser poster does not show any of the actors in the drama series, but does show a broken heart with English captions that states “Marry Me.” The ep.1 premiere date is also shown, which is July 6, 2020. The drama series will take over KBS2’s Monday and Tuesday 10PM time slot after “Born Again.”

Meanwhile, below are the first still images of Hwang Jung-Eum and Yoon Hyun-Min in the drama series. For “Men are Men,” Hwang Jung-Eum plays Seo Hyun-Joo. She works on the planning team of a webcomic and has no interest in marrying. Yoon Hyun-Min plays Hwang Ji-Woo. He is the CEO of a pharmaceutical company and has the qualities of a perfect man. He shows interest in Seo Hyun-Joo.

Yoon Hyun Min Shares Excitement For Upcoming KBS Rom-Com + 1st Teaser Poster Released

Jun 2, 2020
by J. Lim

b89f8ef700774408a6ce2da525d133ee.jpeg?s=

Yoon Hyun Min has expressed his excitement for his upcoming role in the KBC 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama “That Guy is That Guy” (literal title), and the drama has also released an intriguing teaser poster!

“That Guy is That Guy” will be a romantic comedy about a woman who has given up on marriage after multiple heartbreaks, but meets two men with contrasting charms who try to win her over. In the drama, Yoon Hyun Min will take on the role of Hwang Ji Woo, the CEO of Sunwoo Pharmaceuticals. His intelligence has helped him climb up the career ladder quickly despite his young age and he becomes the topic of people’s gossip when he continues to turn down countless date offers.

Yoon Hyun Min explained why he decided to appear in the drama as he said, “I was drawn to the overall story, which is unique, and I felt like the character of Hwang Ji Woo was so charming.” When asked how similar he is to his character, Yoon Hyun Min joked, “I’ve never lived as a CEO before, so… I don’t think we’re that similar,” before saying, “I think the process of taking on a character who is different from your own personality is really fun.”

He went on to say, “In the beginning, I tried to give him an air of mystery. He begins to open up more as time goes on. Though he may look cold on the inside, he has a warm heart on the inside so I felt like I needed to bring a sense of restraint to the character.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1404151wpp/yoon-hyun-min-shares-excitement-for-upcoming-kbs-rom-com-1st-teaser-poster-released

On 5/26/2020 at 1:23 AM, aznchic209 said:

Hwang Jung Eum ALWAYS has short hair in all her dramas! Can someone put hair extensions in her hair!? I know she likes her short hair but every time I watch one of her dramas, she always looks the same! Change it up, HJE!

I thought so too but I guess she got those hair extensions for Mystic Pop Up Bar. She has long hair. Up most of the time, down in ep 5. And they shaped her lips different.

Yoon Hyun Min Discusses His Chemistry With Hwang Jung Eum And Seo Ji Hoon In Upcoming KBS Rom-Com

Jun 8, 2020
by L. Kim
88ffe02b4cd3478990979f9610cf7ef3.jpeg?s=

Actor Yoon Hyun Min talked about working with Hwang Jung Eum and Seo Ji Hoon in upcoming KBS 2TV drama “That Guy is That Guy” (literal title).

“That Guy is That Guy” will be a romantic comedy about a woman who has given up on marriage after multiple heartbreaks, but meets two men with contrasting charms who try to win her over.

In the drama, Yoon Hyun Min will take on the role of Hwang Ji Woo, the CEO of Sunwoo Pharmaceuticals. His intelligence has helped him climb up the career ladder quickly despite his young age and he becomes the topic of people’s gossip when he continues to turn down countless date offers.

Concerning his chemistry with Hwang Jung Eum, who plays a team manager of a webtoon company named Seo Hyun Joo, he said, “While acting together, I learned why Hwang Jung Eum is the queen of romantic comedies. She analyzes [her character] a lot, and whenever I see her portray her role so well, I realize she’s an actress with positive energy. I love acting with her, and I’m grateful to work with her. I think she’s an amazing actress.”

Yoon Hyun Min and Seo Ji Hoon already appeared as love rivals once in the 2018 drama “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter.” In this drama, Seo Ji Hoon will be taking on the role of the star webtoon author Park Do Kyum, and he will be fighting just as hard for Seo Hyun Joo’s heart as well.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1405367wpp/yoon-hyun-min-discusses-his-chemistry-with-hwang-jung-eum-and-seo-ji-hoon-in-upcoming-kbs-rom-com

Teaser

June 9 2020

Teaser trailer #1 for KBS2 drama series “Men are Men”

Men_are_Men-teaser1SM1.jpg

Teaser trailer #1 added for KBS2 drama series “Men are Men” (English title) starring Hwang Jung-Eum and Yoon Hyun-Min. The teaser trailer has Hwang Jung-Eum as Seo Hyun-Joo, standing on a heliport area of an office building. She holds a bouquet of yellow flowers, while dressed in a white dress and orange canvas sneakers. At the 6 second mark, Hwang Jung-Eum states “Goodbye everyone.” She then runs and proceeds to jump high into the sky. Yoon Hyun-Min as Hwang Ji-Woo then calls out her by name. At the 19 second mark, Hwang Jung Eum states “Goodbye everyone. I am free from the bondage and restrictions of marriage. And I leave for happiness as a single person. I wish you all happiness too.”

“Men are Men” will first air July 6, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-1-for-kbs2-drama-series-men-are-men

Stills

Seo Ji Hoon And Jo Woo Ri Talk About Their Characters In Upcoming Rom-Com Drama

Jun 11, 2020
by C. Hong
4c01ceb3e00343b8a99534d97380a94f.jpeg?s=

The upcoming KBS drama “That Guy Is That Guy” (literal title) has released new stills of Seo Ji Hoon and Jo Woo Ri.

“That Guy Is That Guy” is a rom-com about a woman who has given up on marriage (Hwang Jung Eum) when she is suddenly caught between two different men who try to win her heart (Yoon Hyun Min, Seo Ji Hoon).

Jo Woo Ri plays the character Han Seo Yoon, the daughter of Kim Sun Hee (Choi Myung Gil). Ever since she was young, she has simply followed her mother’s lead in everything, but her life changes when she meets Park Do Kyum (Seo Ji Hoon) for the first time.

jo-woo-ri.jpg

o Woo Ri said, “I think that I’m most similar to Seo Yoon’s bright side. But I’ve never shown my feelings for someone as openly as Seo Yoon has, so I thought while portraying her that she was a really amazing person.”

She continued, “Seo Yoon’s pure side is something that I haven’t played in my previous roles, so I was drawn to the character. I think that as an actor, being able to show new sides of yourself is a form of healing. I am doing my best and working hard at filming.”

About the drama, the actress said, “The script contains themes that I’ve had real conversations with my friends about. While filming, I found I could relate to many things in the story. I am really looking forward to the premiere. I’m looking forward to it, and I hope the viewers will as well.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1406107wpp/seo-ji-hoon-and-jo-woo-ri-talk-about-their-characters-in-upcoming-rom-com-drama

Yoon Hyun Min Is A Heartthrob With A Mysterious Secret In Upcoming Drama With Hwang Jung Eum

Jun 12, 2020
by E. Cha
47d660331a70417eb02145af0bd899bc.jpeg?s=
Jun 12, 2020
by E. Cha

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Men Are Men” has unveiled a new sneak peek of star Yoon Hyun Min in his leading role!

“Men Are Men” is a romantic comedy about a woman who gives up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks lead her to the conclusion that all men are alike (played by Hwang Jung Eum). Just when she has finally thrown in the towel, two men who are polar opposites suddenly walk into her life and engage in a fierce battle to win her over.

Yoon Hyun Min will star in the drama as Hwang Ji Woo, the seemingly aloof CEO of a pharmaceutical company. His clever and brilliant mind propelled him to success at an early age, and his handsome looks have made him the target of countless women—but the cold, indifferent Hwang Ji Woo never shows any interest in any of the women who approach him, leading to incessant rumors and gossip about why he turns down everyone who asks him out.

Unbeknownst to gossipmongers, however, there is a hidden story behind Hwang Ji Woo’s frosty exterior, which masks a warm heart and deeply romantic soft side.

“Men Are Men” writer Lee Eun Young remarked, “Although on the outside, [Hwang Ji Woo] appears emotionally stunted, as if he doesn’t care about anything other than business management, he’s actually a character who places the greatest value on love. In a way, he’s actually the most pure-hearted romantic.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1406244wpp/yoon-hyun-min-is-a-heartthrob-with-a-mysterious-secret-in-upcoming-drama-with-hwang-jung-eum

Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Hyun Min, And Seo Ji Hoon Star In Colorful New Posters For Upcoming Rom-Com

Jun 15, 2020
by S. P

ac4ef94ef96b4822800186b0acfadb2b.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV has released character posters for the upcoming romantic comedy “To All Guys Who Loved Me”!

“To All Guys Who Loved Me” will tell the story of Seo Hyun Joo (Hwang Jung Eum), a woman who gives up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks led her to the conclusion that all men are alike. Just when she has finally thrown in the towel, two men who are polar opposites suddenly walk into her life and engage in a fierce battle to win her over.

The first poster shows the skilled webtoon-planning team leader Seo Hyun Joo. She blows a kiss while surrounded by falling paper hearts. The caption on top is a testament to her indifference to love and marriage. It reads, “My lifetime companion is myself, Seo Hyun Joo.”

The next poster shows Hwang Ji Woo (Yoon Hyun Min), the CEO of Sun Woo Pharmaceutical Company. The purple background sets a serious tone that suits the cold, pondering expression on his face. The caption reads, “Won’t you remember me? Actually, don’t remember me,” adding to the mystery surrounding his personality.

The final poster features webtoon artist Park Do Kyeom (Seo Ji Hoon). In contrast to Hwang Ji Woo’s poster, Park Do Kyeom is surrounded by a light blue background that compliments the pure and youthful aura he emits with his bright smile. The caption alludes to his effortless charm as a younger man. It reads, “Noona, aren’t you trusting me too much? I’m a man too.” Noona is a Korean word used by a male to refer to an older female.

Spoiler

Hwang-Jung-Eum1.jpg

Yoon-Hyun-Min3.jpg

Seo-Ji-Hoon-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1406897wpp/hwang-jung-eum-yoon-hyun-min-and-seo-ji-hoon-star-in-colorful-new-posters-for-upcoming-rom-com

Watch: Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Hyun Min, And Seo Ji Hoon Capture Moments From Past And Present Lives In Rom-Com Teaser

Jun 16, 2020
by S. Nam

a3dfc463c0be44b2918549c1cb381c60.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV released a new teaser of the upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “To All Guys Who Loved Me”!

“To All Guys Who Loved Me” will tell the story of Seo Hyun Joo (Hwang Jung Eum), a woman who gives up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks led her to the conclusion that all men are alike. Just when she has finally thrown in the towel, two men who are polar opposites suddenly walk into her life and engage in a fierce battle to win her over.

In the newly released teaser, Seo Hyun Joo, Hwang Ji Woo (Yoon Hyun Min), and Park Do Kyum (Seo Ji Hoon) each take turns in the photo booth. Seo Hyun Joo looks bold and confident with a picket that reads, “I’m marrying myself.” Hwang Ji Woo, the CEO of a pharmaceutical company, is embarrassed and awkward as he poses with a pair of sunglasses, and famous webtoon author Park Do Kyum shows off his cute charm with silly poses.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1407033wpp/watch-hwang-jung-eum-yoon-hyun-min-and-seo-ji-hoon-capture-moments-from-their-past-and-present-lives-in-new-rom-com-teaser

“To All Guys Who Loved Me” Gives Peek Of Hwang Jung Eum And Yoon Hyun Min’s Upcoming Romance

Jun 17, 2020
by L. Kim
423a015c2b5844edadaa578eee5d55b4.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “To All Guys Who Loved Me” has released new stills of Hwang Jung Eum and Yoon Hyun Min!

One of the men who falls in love with her is Hwang Ji Woo (Yoon Hyun Min), the CEO of Sun Woo Pharmaceutical Company, who has cold charisma but a warm heart. He has always been indifferent to the confessions of numerous women, but he will show great interest towards Seo Hyun Joo.

The newest stills showcase the upcoming chemistry between Hwang Jung Eum and Yoon Hyun Min as they portray their respective characters. One day, they fatefully encounter each other, and they exchange long gazes that double the subtle romantic atmosphere in the air. Unlike Seo Hyun Joo, who looks somewhat suspicious and puzzled, Yoon Hyun Min shows a disarmed smile. Viewers are looking forward to the romantic story between a woman who gave up on love and a man who has never known true love!

Spoiler

yoon-hyun-min-hwang-jung-eum.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1407325wpp/to-all-guys-who-loved-me-gives-peek-of-hwang-jung-eum-and-yoon-hyun-mins-upcoming-romance

Hwang Jung-eum leaps to the past in Men Are Men teaser

by tineybeanie

scsingle0.jpg

Rom-com Men Are Men has dropped a second teaser featuring its leads, Hwang Jung-eum (Mystic Pop-up Bar), Yoon Hyun-min (My Holo Love), and Seo Ji-hoon (Welcome).

Hwang Jung-eum plays the heroine, a strong female lead who wants to live an independent life, free from marriage. But a love triangle and complications ensue when two men declare their interest in her. Potential love interest number one: Yoon Hyun-min, the CEO of a pharmaceutical company. Potential love interest number two: Seo Ji-hoon, a younger man who is a rising star webtoon artist.

In the teaser, they all individually walk toward a photobooth, and Seo Ji-hoon narrates the text that appears on the screen: “Four cuts of their past lives.” When Hwang Jung-eum enters the booth, she poses with a bridal prop stick that says, “I will marry myself.” Yoon Hyun-min makes a serious expression while posing with a sunglasses-crown, perhaps alluding to his shy but authoritative side. Exuding a happy-go-lucky energy, Seo Ji-hoon shows off his inner child and poses with a baby shark hat and confetti.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/hwang-jung-eum-leaps-to-the-past-in-men-are-men-teaser/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] That Guy Is That Guy/ Men are Men, 그놈이 그놈이다 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Hyun Min & Seo Ji Hoon - Premieres on July 6th

Seo Ji Hoon Is A Guy Friend Who Catches Feelings For Hwang Jung Eum In “To All Guys Who Loved Me”

Jun 19, 2020
by E. Cha
https://6.viki.io/image/31c5bf443ed64eb0a02968990bcc9b5d.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Jun 19, 2020
by E. Cha

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “To All Guys Who Loved Me” has shared a glimpse of the chemistry between stars Hwang Jung Eum and Seo Ji Hoon!

“To All Guys Who Loved Me” is a romantic comedy starring Hwang Jung Eum as Seo Hyun Joo, a woman who gives up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks lead her to the conclusion that all men are alike. Just when she has finally thrown in the towel, two men who are polar opposites (played by Yoon Hyun Min and Seo Ji Hoon) suddenly walk into her life and engage in a fierce battle to win her over.

Seo Ji Hoon will play the role of Park Do Kyum, a famous webtoon author who is practically family to Seo Hyun Joo. The two characters have been close friends since childhood, but Park Do Kyum gradually finds himself developing romantic feelings for Seo Hyun Joo as time goes by.

On June 19, the upcoming drama released a sneak peek of a romantic moment between the two longtime friends. Park Do Kyum, who isn’t afraid to express his newfound feelings for Seo Hyun Joo, wears a shy smile as he puts his hands on her shoulders and gazes intently into her eyes.

Unfortunately, however, Seo Hyun Joo doesn’t yet share Park Do Kyum’s feelings of attraction, and she finds herself caught off guard by the younger man’s forwardness.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1407745wpp/seo-ji-hoon-is-a-guy-friend-who-catches-feelings-for-hwang-jung-eum-in-to-all-guys-who-loved-me

Archived