[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

I started this mianly because I watched too many heavy or dark dramas recently that I wanted something light. I went into it without much expectations but I was completely sold after that wedding night scene. The story is cute even though there are high stakes involved. Female lead is cute a bit dumb but not annoying. I found Han Shou most interesting. He is dangerous and scheming but becomes a clueless puppy around QianQian. It's been a while since I watched a Cdrama without fast forwarding scenes.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

I started this mianly because I watched too many heavy or dark dramas recently that I wanted something light. I went into it without much expectations but I was completely sold after that wedding night scene. The story is cute even though there are high stakes involved. Female lead is cute a bit dumb but not annoying. I found Han Shou most interesting. He is dangerous and scheming but becomes a clueless puppy around QianQian. It's been a while since I watched a Cdrama without fast forwarding scenes.

Me too! With the exception of Eternal love of dreams, I will fast forward some scenes in the dramas that I watched. But this one, I actually repeated some scenes cos they were too cute. Hope there's a happy ending cos I can't deal with bad endings :cry:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, arcchidus said:

I am impressed with how natural some of the kisses in this show look.

cDrama really went a long way with kisses in the last few years.

Ryan is a great kisser! (His kisses in Intense Love are great too). Lusi is really good as well. I find that the kisses still vary a lot with actors/actresses, even though now cdrama show more kisses. (e.g. Victoria was terrible in Find yourself...)

• LOL 2

47 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Me too! With the exception of Eternal love of dreams, I will fast forward some scenes in the dramas that I watched. But this one, I actually repeated some scenes cos they were too cute. Hope there's a happy ending cos I can't deal with bad endings 

This drama is one of the rare ones in which I don't fast torward, and if any, I would likely be rewatching the entire eps to relive their antics. In fact I am repeating some scenes, to kill time before new eps come out, same with  @chsaf 

@-Love Blossom- , with all the stress coming from the pandemic, watching light dramas like these really keeps people sane.

Thank you, @taekwang and @Adidaem for the links! Will open them as soon as I got back! Biggest hugs!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

I think this BTS when QQ and the actor Han Shuo in the hospital probably gives us a bit of idea how this will end. 

This particular BTS is so cute. Their chemistry is amazing. It isn't intense, sexual or anything but it's simply sweet. The part where Ryan thought she was going to fall and quickly reach out to catch her and him fixing her hair...too cute. I actually like watching and enjoying the BTS as much as I do the drama.

• Love 2

Let me join the party.

I also never expect to fall so fast just from the first episode. Both the FL and ML is so cute together. And I also like scheming ML because this kind of ML is not boring (okay I admit no specific reason, just my taste, LOL)

I thought I will have a hard time to accept Lushi with other ML after finished watching love better than immortality. I’m glad that I’m wrong. But Li Hongyi still win, I guess because his character more scheming and we got many flirting scenes between the OTP. But still I feel optimistic about this drama.Can’t wait for ep 11!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, akiharu said:

Let me join the party.

I also never expect to fall so fast just from the first episode. Both the FL and ML is so cute together. And I also like scheming ML because this kind of ML is not boring (okay I admit no specific reason, just my taste, LOL)

I thought I will have a hard time to accept Lushi with other ML after finished watching love better than immortality. I’m glad that I’m wrong. But Li Hongyi still win, I guess because his character more scheming and we got many flirting scenes between the OTP. But still I feel optimistic about this drama.Can’t wait for ep 11!!

I am also fan of scheming ML especially in palace dramas. The "good" type of ML are easily manipulated and used in such dramas. 

Seems like 2nd Princess will also fall for HS and will turn evil because of her insecurity and love. But I am assured of one thing that HS will not look at any other girl than QQ and will see through her tricks after all writer FL wrote him as a smart hero.

• Like 3

Looks like Chu Chu likes Han Suo for real. I think she was expecting Han Suo to marry her in the beginning as well, and then Qian Qian "stole" him instead. I'm glad they at least make the love triangle story very funny as well. 

• Like 1

That cliffhanger at ep 12!!!

Spoiler

I'm glad that QQ is portrayed as scared here, when HS is under the influence of the aphrodisiac. Most often this kind of scene is played for laugh or romance (which this scene will eventually be according to the preview) , but this heightens a sense of danger and when HS finally overcomes the drug's influence it will be that much cooler!

• LOL 2

I don't know how Chu Chu will compete for Han Shuo's attention when he's pretty devoted to QQ. Even she mentioned how pathetic he looks for loving QQ so much lol. If she already admitted to that then the mission basically fail from the get go. Chu Chu would never get the best of him because she's too serious whereas QQ is sometimes a fool and people don't expect much from her so she gets to live outside the box and bring Han Shuo along where only she gets to see the goofy side of him. I like that he believes in her and see that she's better than she gives herself credit for. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

47 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

I don't know how Chu Chu will compete for Han Shuo's attention when he's pretty devoted to QQ. Even she mentioned how pathetic he looks for loving QQ so much lol. If she already admitted to that then the mission basically fail from the get go. Chu Chu would never get the best of him because she's too serious whereas QQ is sometimes a fool and people don't expect much from her so she gets to live outside the box and bring Han Shuo along where only she gets to see the goofy side of him. I like that he believes in her and see that she's better than she gives herself credit for. 

She might not actually compete outwardly, but she might still stew in jealousy, and might still do something stupid because of that. I really like her development so far. For a FL (original Fl of the story) who has all the "good" qualities, we're seeing her slowly progressing towards perhaps a darker path? We empathize with her, but because we also see why all the misunderstandings happen between her and QQ, also feel frustrated for them both (but not in a bad frustration way. I think misunderstandings and miscommunication like this can happen a lot in real life, and their situation is further complicated by the fact that CC was adopted & SS is the "real" daughter, and they're both in a game of throne for their territory). 

• Like 2

CC is feeling too much sorry for herself to get HS interested in her. When he warmed up to her (in a friendly way) she started to whine and he went cold. She is self centered and QQ is so innocent in his eyes. Imagine who wins? Especially since he started to see through her, she is obvious to her own feelings even when he don’t know why.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 12:45 AM, ElleSor said:

It's her again! 

Hehehe...despite the repetitive theme of her dramas she's quite enjoyable to watch and very amusing. 

Never thought that I would love her acting, but she reminds me of Liang Jie in the first season of the low budget webdrama The Eternal Love.

• LOL 1