[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

I am just in love with this drama. It's funny and lighthearted. I have found myself laughing out loud. Zhai Lusi is simply adorable in here. I find her acting natural in her clumsy ways and her cuteness isn't over the top. And they have such a sweet chemistry. 

It's hilarious that at first he tried to kill her and she tried to kill herself but since both of them were never on the same page neither one succeeded lol. The part where she said to her servant that she has to meet the words requirements and gave him too many lines hahaha.

This is one of those dramas where you can't take it seriously but to enjoy it as it is. I like the fact our ML is falling in love and doesn't even know it. It seemed to creep in so small for him that the things he do for her comes off naturally. Oh, the third princess is one smart girl...so far she has outsmart everyone in their own game. I simple adore the two servants. They shipped our couple so hard...where us fans can just sit back and enjoy the show hahaah

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

This show had me roaring in laughter from episode 1 all the way to 10! The leads are on fire!!! And the best servants ever am I right? It’s so rare that supporting characters are actually likeable, ‘villains’ are not hateful and the love rectangle is not annoying. The plot subverts all the usual drama tropes it almost feels like a parody. Cant wait for the next few episodes!

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Okay I finally finished all 10 episodes out.

OMG I died laughing at the scene where the ML dressed up in woman's clothing and let her run around ripping his clothes to make his wifey forgive him. That was so crazy cute. :D

I can't wait for them to get on the same page and be requited lovers.

Also this show better ends happily. I will riot if it doesn't.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

On 9/12/2018 at 4:16 AM, rhaps said:

Sorry, don't know how to delete the quote from another thread that has been in my reply box for ages...

Anyway, I am only on episode 4 because 5-8 should come out next week but like with shows that I am hooked on I've watched all the spoilers and trailers that are out there lol. I actually love...love spoilers. The part where our Hero was playing the hero by switching out her test paper thinking she wants to be crown princess when she was trying her best to fail lol. 

The part that got me laughing every time I watched it is when she wants the pomegranate and the ML asked his servant to go get it and a few seconds later here comes him sliding on the floor with a basket full hahahha. It was so fast that Han Shuo even gave him a look lol

The very early part when Han Shuo wanted to kill our girl cause if he stays with her she's going to irritate him to death hahaha. I find it so endearing the way Han Shuo's tried his best to make up for his mistakes. And he does realized them pretty quick. The cutest thing ever was when he hits the orange and saying, why are you so cute (something similar to that). He can be ruthless but with the third princess he has no idea how to uphold that side of him for long.

• LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Also this show better ends happily. I will riot if it doesn't.

Spoiler

We surely will have. XQ will go back to her timeline and end with the actor even if QQ looses SH. And she surely will write her "sisters" a Happy End.

• LOL 4

5 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

Anyway, I am only on episode 4 because 5-8 should come out next week but like with shows that I am hooked on I've watched all the spoilers and trailers that are out there lol. I actually love...love spoilers.

Normally I live for spoilers but for this show I try to stay away from. Dunno why. Probably I will change my opinion on Tuesday :ph34r:. Too bad I can't buy early access on WeTV (does that work only for Chinese?) and I don't think this Drama works without my very limited Chinese.

• LOL 1

57 minutes ago, Usi said:

Normally I live for spoilers but for this show I try to stay away from. Dunno why. Probably I will change my opinion on Tuesday :ph34r:. Too bad I can't buy early access on WeTV (does that work only for Chinese?) and I don't think this Drama works without my very limited Chinese.

Episode 5 through 10 were uploaded on other drama site platforms.  You just need to Google the name and add episode # and English subbed.  However to be honest, WeTV English is not as good as Viki. It's just i can't wait so I just watched it, but watch Vike subbed later for understanding of their dialects better.

• Like 1

Guys, nice you want to help me out but I prefer to stay with the legal plattforms who supports the system financial. I'm already VIP and saw the first 10 episodes but Tencent provides some kind of VVIP service when you can pay an extra amount and get the episodes even earlier. I think they started this with The Untamed. I would prefer a system alike IQIYI who offers two different kind of VIP (Gold, Diamond). I'm sure the usual sources would provide us the full series in two weeks but they aren't subbed and...well...technical stealing.

So far as long I can watch that with a licensed service I always will prefer that way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chsaf said:

@Usi @ash1999 I watch the drama here: https://www2.dramacool.movie/drama-detail/the-romance-of-tiger-and-rose

Ep 10 was out since Friday and already subbed, and the subs are quite on point. But then again, my understanding of Mandarin is limited so I may be wrong about that :joy:

Thank you...now I can binge watch from episode 5. It's funny that people can see how much Han Shuo loves his wife. He is so jealous of her with any man worst one is master Pei lol. While she is too busy trying to play matchmaker between him and her sister hahhaha. I adore the way he tries to help her out but it tends to backfire. I hope the sister doesn't turn super evil and try to steal Han Shuo. Though it might be impossible because his heart is with his wife. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, ash1999 said:

Thank you...now I can binge watch from episode 5. It's funny that people can see how much Han Shuo loves his wife. He is so jealous of her with any man worst one is master Pei lol. While she is too busy trying to play matchmaker between him and her sister hahhaha. I adore the way he tries to help her out but it tends to backfire. I hope the sister doesn't turn super evil and try to steal Han Shuo. Though it might be impossible because his heart is with his wife. 

I'm scared that Qianqian and Han shuo finally falls in love, and suddenly because of the official storyline, He ends up falling or marrying chuchu

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ash1999 said:

2 hours ago, lavvarr said:

I'm scared that Qianqian and Han shuo finally falls in love, and suddenly because of the official storyline, He ends up falling or marrying chuchu

I have watched up to ep 3. A bit confused since the first story plot she wrote that Han Shuo at the end betray Chu2? So finally Qian2 finished the story with happy ending or still unknown? She only wrote the heaven door is open bla bla i forgot the exact words. But why she still try to make Han Shuo with Chu2? 

Although i really want Qian2 endup with Minister Pei, but i think she will end up with Han Shuo, since like she complained before, that artists like to improve the story by them selves without pre-discussion with the script writer, especially the Han Shuo "Actor".

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, tothestars said:

I have watched up to ep 3. A bit confused since the first story plot she wrote that Han Shuo at the end betray Chu2? So finally Qian2 finished the story with happy ending or still unknown? She only wrote the heaven door is open bla bla i forgot the exact words. But why she still try to make Han Shuo with Chu2? 

Although i really want Qian2 endup with Minister Pei, but i think she will end up with Han Shuo, since like she complained before, that artists like to improve the story by them selves without pre-discussion with the script writer, especially the Han Shuo "Actor".

So, from what I can put together the original story involved Han Shuo following through with his mission to conquer the queendom. However, because in the process he had fallen in love with ChuChu, in the final battle, he let himself be killed, and ChuChu became the queen and peace is brought to the queendom.

She is still trying to set Han Shuo and ChuChu up because she thinks the only way to get out of the story is by bringing about the ending (Han Shuo dead and ChuChu as queen). I think what will end up happening is that QianQian will end up bring peace and heaven's blessing herself, but we will see.

----

Side note:

It's apparent that the characters are taking to life and not fully controlled by the story line or QianQian.

Han Shuo was (just as the actor said), written just to be a dark prince arctype - he wasn't a fully developed character. QianQian/Writer assumes she knows Han Shuo very well cause she wrote him, but she apparently doesn't know him perfectly because later on there were moments where she was like 'oh, so he's not just smart, cold and cruel, he's also... x'.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

I love this drama so much! Usually funny dramas have thin, negligible plot, but this one is so well plotted and well paced. We have 3 main conflicts that are all high stakes and we care about them (because we care about the characters): how will Qianqian survive and return to her real life? How will Han Shuo achieve his goal (of surviving and also taking over the Garden City)? And who will win in the game of thrones in Garden City?? I find myself actually worried and invested whenever our main characters are in some kind of predicaments!

The OTP have amazing chemistry (evident in their bts clips as well; they're so cute!!) And both characters are so winning. Even if Qianqian right now is so unrealistically stupid (how did you not realize that he loves you, girl??) it makes Han Shuo's struggle that much cuter and funnier. Can't wait for ep 11 and beyond!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On 5/22/2020 at 12:57 PM, taekwang said:

http://t.cn/A62ygLPN?m=4507374251663285&u=6119482802

episode 16 preview

its in chinese, i can't find any w eng subs

roughly translated

Guy: we are like this seal stamp and ink paste, we are a set, must be together

then the kisses start and her servant arrived outside the door to interupt..

lol

servant got scolded and left

kisses continue

guy's servant comes along and report..  interupted..

lol

continue kissing

anr servant came to report at the door... third interuption.. 

can't wait for episode 16 !!!

http://t.cn/A62yaZIs?m=4507331352722314&u=5666481284

this one is behind the scene

funny part is when he flips the blanket, she is laffing like a goose.. she says he's like the waiter in hai di lao, flipping the noodles..

and when he helps himself to the grapes, she says him to feed her as her hands are binded... see how he tease her.. 

hilarious

Awww...their interactions in BTS snippets are so cuuuute. Both leads are funny and playful, and they seem to be having great time during filming. I guess it makes both the series and the BTS entertaining to watch. Really thankful for this drama. I get to have good laugh from ep 1 to (now) 8. The only reason why I havent watched the rest eps is because I worry that I would be running out of ep to watch

I hope the story ends happily, and I hope the series is doing well. 

Btw I think the original voice of the male lead is not that different from the dub. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

15 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

Awww...their interactions in BTS snippets are so cuuuute. Both leads are funny and playful, and they seem to be having great time during filming. I guess it makes both the series and the BTS entertaining to watch. Really thankful for this drama. I get to have good laugh from ep 1 to (now) 8. The only reason why I havent watched the rest eps is because I worry that I would be running out of ep to watch

Btw I think the original voice of the male lead is not that different from the dub. 

yes, this show is a much needed laughter for me

Catch the rest

tonight, there' s more episodes

• Like 2

Found this interview and it’s hilarious.
- Clip 1: ZLS complained that DYX ate garlic before their first onscreen kiss scene in the first clip. It’s the first time she encountered a co star who ate garlic before a kiss scene. DYX tried to explain that he didn’t know the yummy noodles he ate had garlic and he tried to eat mints but couldn’t cover up the garlic smell... 

- Clip 2: In the second clip, they explained that the kiss scene where DYX stole a bite of the yellow bean pastry from ZLS mouth was an accident. Apparent DYX was supposed to just take a bit but he ended up taking most of the pastry and it became a kiss scene. ZLS reaction during filming was like - how come there is a kiss scene and I didn’t know???

- Clip 3:  DYX was asked which co star he preferred to kiss, ZLS or his co star in the other show Intense Love. DYX tried to give a diplomatic answer and ZLS attacked him and asked if he also ate garlic before the kissing scenes with the other actress.

- Clip 4: ZLS was asked who is she happier kissing, DYX or Zheng Ye Cheng from Killing Three Thousand Crows. DYX was like: she will surely say ZYC doesn’t eat garlic!! ZLS explained that it’s an age issue and DYX is still young so she picked ZYC as he is older, more mature (she addressed ZYC as ‘teacher’ and even referred to ZYC an ‘uncle’) and said that he knows better techniques and position for kissing, unlike someone who almost bite her lips off in the pastry scene...

- Clip 5: ZLS said that she has been asked why she always pick such roles. ZLS explained that she felt that such roles makes her happy and also the audiences happy. Especially now whether due to work or the pandemic, watching the show can be relaxing and bring happiness due to the solid script and she will let the audience judge if the acting is good. 

Actually based on clip 4, I would say ZLS seems to be closer to DYX or at least treats him more as a friend. Whereas with ZYC it’s a more distant / working relationship. She seems much more casual and relaxed with DYX vs ZYC in the interviews I’ve seen. Maybe that’s why the pairing in this drama is so enjoyable to watch. They have good chemistry onscreen and off. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1X54y1X7jd?p=1

There are 5 clips from the interview in this edited version and you can also hear their actual voices if you are curious. 

The full version here:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV14f4y127o3?from=search&seid=13821268684262248150

Edited by Adidaem
Added summaries
  • Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, marinated_lemon said:

Series is doing really well. Has been topping the recent web drama charts

You can hear the original voices in the interview links I just posted above

re: ending... spoiler alert...

Spoiler

Should be a happy ending.

There is a bts clip showing the FL embracing the ML in a hospital bed in the modern world.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taekwang said:

another spoiler

http://t.cn/A62537K9

what she said at the beginning

she warns the assistant not to throw the pail at her.. =D

funny behind the scene !!!

only 1-2 teasers uploaded daily to tempt us. can't wait for tonight broadcast !!

I am impressed with how natural some of the kisses in this show look.

cDrama really went a long way with kisses in the last few years.

• LOL 2