[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

4 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

@chsaf Ha, you are here! *waves*

I just finished this little gem of a drama and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It is so refreshing to watch and I laughed so hard at all the comedic gold. I watched it RAW and I gotta say, the dialogues are A+++++ The timing is perfect and I gotta applaud the actors for a job so well done. The whole cast works well together and everyone played their part perfectly. The supporting actors pulled their weight for sure as it wouldn't have been so enjoyable had it not for their sassyness!

ML is a breath of fresh air! I wasn't paying attention much to this actor as I am unfamiliar with him but I grew to like him more and more. His smile can light up the entire dark universe! I love the way he unabashedly look at QQ. He manage to even make us the viewers blushed! Haha...ZLS is very talented and she is just so genuine in her acting. Love her!

Hi @Yori Ten this was supposed to be my cure after ELOD withdrawals but I fell for this one too, now I have 2 drama withdrawals cos this one is just soooo cute and fluffy and adorable but it's too short :bawling:

• LOL 1

32 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV15Q4y1P7Zq/?spm_id_from=trigger_reload

I dunno why someone comparing the good bye my princess versus romance of tiger and rose.

for me I like ROTAR.... 

LCY need to learn from HS... Hahaha

maybe because similar in some ways, just reverse, lcy had someone he had to marry but the princess came to settle peace and in the end she died,

similarly QQ had peach as the person she was suppose to marry but banana came along, and in the same way he died ?

but to compare these 2 drama is honestly a joke, (if you look into deeper), goodbye my princess was a mess, and lcy did not change he was still wicked, honestly im probably a sadist but my fav scene, was when he force her to watch her teacher died, because in this scene you can see that princess love her teacher in a student-teacher relationship, but he couldnt see that, he deluded himself (while banana didnt when he see peach, he knew that orange like him [action speak louder than words]) due to his choices the led himself astray, but i really like the emotion showcase in that scene, and she said 'you killed by GXW' i was hurt, but like not surprise, GXW died before he develop. (he loved himself and power more than her) 

but our banana, what can i say, banana taste better than poison. 

the 2 drama are only similar when we look at it on the surface, (i could say its the same for many drama)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lavvarr said:

I want this writer to take every sad cdrama and make a funny version of it lol sometimes I feel like cdramas are torturous for the sake of it, not because of any real narrative reason...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, dashmount20 said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV15Q4y1P7Zq/?spm_id_from=trigger_reload

I dunno why someone comparing the good bye my princess versus romance of tiger and rose.

The reason why is because of Fei Wo Si Cun.

Fei Wo Si Cun Is the novel writer for Goodbye My Princess and the producer for Romance of Tiger and Rose.

Her involvement is why everyone is comparing the two shows and why ppl were freaking out about the ending initially. 

They actually included a spoiler clip in bts very early because people were saying this would have a BE and they will stop watching it because Fei Wo Si Cun always write sad stories.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, Super_Dede said:

When our lovely Lusi turns the set into a singing fest. I love this behind the scene where the casts are just having fun. They even sang Big Bang Fantastic baby and blackpink. Side note: DYX towards the end when he looks at Lusi was it Han Shuo or him? I’m in delusional and I have fallen victim to this couple. 

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4511774477844504/4511775910154306

I love how easygoing & playful Lu Si with every male actor.

The chemistry she has with supporting character like Zi Rui, Bai Ji and Meng Gao make this drama funnier.

Love these supporting characters so much.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Isrin said:

Our  芋圆西米露 couple is now number 8 on Weibo, it's funny how the fans (黄豆糕 huangdougao, the name is soo cute) are trying to curb the fandom's popularity  

They remembered what happened with the untamed coupling and got scared I think (lol). They don’t want to attract anti fans to them so they are legit lowering the number of posts :P

They are now back down to no9. But still they went from like no30+ to 9 in a week so everyone was shocked

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

Just now, arcchidus said:

They remembered what happened with the untamed coupling and got scared I think (lol). They don’t want to attract anti fans to them so they are legit lowering the number of posts :P

They are now back down to no9. But still they went from like no30+ to 9 in a week so everyone was shocked

Was going through some of the chinese fan posts/analysis and it’s so interesting. Same dog, caressing hand, same blender brand, and some mint plant thing.

Feel very delulu now lol 

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

The reason why is because of Fei Wo Si Cun.

Fei Wo Si Cun Is the novel writer for Goodbye My Princess and the producer for Romance of Tiger and Rose.

Her involvement is why everyone is comparing the two shows and why ppl were freaking out about the ending initially. 

They actually included a spoiler clip in bts very early because people were saying this would have a BE and they will stop watching it because Fei Wo Si Cun always write sad stories.

Not gonna lie, I'm also scared about the ending at first when I know about stepmother involvement in this drama huhu

Thank God that even the transformation of Han Shou plot are not involve anything that can be resulted with tragic ending:sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Adidaem said:

Maybe we should have an official shipping thread for this couple :lol:

Suggestions for the name? 

芋圆西米露 is Taro Sago? 

黄豆糕 is Yellow Bean Pastry? 

Haha ok not sure how shipping threads are usually named but I just checked the shipping threads and didn’t spot any food names lol lol 

———

My attempt: 

[Official] Taro Sago couple for Yellow Bean Pastries - Ding Yuxi :heart: Zhao Lusi 

Hooray !!! Food names are awesome, those who don't get the reference will probably be intrigued :D

Sorry I'm still stuck in delulu mode :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Ha just playing around 

1. [Official] Taro Sago couple for Yellow Bean Pastries - Ding Yuxi :heart: Zhao Lusi - 芋圆西米露 + 黄豆糕

2. [Official] Hungry for Taro Sago and Yellow Bean Pastry - Ding Yuxi :heart: Zhao Lusi - 芋圆西米露 + 黄豆糕

3. [Official] Yellow Bean Pastry :heart: Taro Sago - Ding Yuxi :heart: Zhao Lusi - 黄豆糕 :heart: 芋圆西米露

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Watching episode 18 now and feeling like this 

Spoiler

:tears::tears::tears:

I understand why she’s driving him away by setting him up but poor HS. Why is she saying such hurtful things to him. And breaking his heart. 

Man... really hate sad shows. 

Stupid noble idiot trope :(

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Adidaem said:

Watching episode 18 now and feeling like this 

Hide contents

:tears::tears::tears:

I understand why she’s driving him away by setting him up but poor HS. Why is she saying such hurtful things to him. And breaking his heart. 

Man... really hate sad shows. 

Stupid noble idiot trope :(

Don't worry, the noble idiot does not last long.

If she didn't does that then how could we see Han Shou transform into The Royal Hotness in dashingly black?:P

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

11 hours ago, mvrecci said:

HS removed the bracelet...said they're through... cos he think QQ used him..(but thats only a ploy)....

did HS ever knew the real reason..?

in what ep did that happen... ?

there's no sub yet after ep18...

anyone.... do tell please....

tysm..

I think it's during ep 19. I'm not 100% though. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, enzek said:

Don't worry, the noble idiot does not last long.

If she doesn't did that then how could we see Han Shou transform into The Royal Hotness in dashingly black?:P

Oh ya... thanks! that’s that part that @Reverie said is: 

On 6/2/2020 at 5:05 PM, Reverie said:

I think I’m a little sadistic cos I love this kind of dog blood plot in ep19 lol badass HS is damn sexy :phew: I am so entertained by the lovers’ spat still laughing through out :lol:

Okok something to look forward to.

I’m taking forever to go thru 18 as I don’t want to fast forward but can only take that much sadness before I pause the show and search online for some sweetness to counter. Shall steel myself to finish the rest of the episode now and look forward to 19 tomorrow. :lol::sweatingbullets:

edit:

Spoiler

Ohhhhh I see his royal hotness in black at the end of episode 18... mmm so smexy :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sirry Usly said:

I think it's during ep 19. I'm not 100% though. 

@mvrecci in ep 22, QQ met the old storytellers at an inn. He overheard their conversation and she later told him her reasons for acting that way and HS understood it very well, which resulted in the ending in Huayuan City and the appearance of the eclipse.

Spoiler

She told him about her script and her being a writer from another world, that this whole setup was her creation which was why she had many secrets early on.

In the end, HS reacted beyond his character traits and made sure she went back to her world.

At 22 now and happy again! 

the QQ-created drama in the previous eps was a little extraneous in the name of saving a loved one from her (writer) self but so entertaining. I was tickled by the little moments of silliness in between scenes when people were backstabbed/ betrayed/ kicked aside. QQ is so unpredictable and such a trickster - think that is what makes her interesting to HS too. 

the best part happened in jail though. Finally. I wasn’t expecting it. I remember that she had to make the first move - was that it? Or was it in the study when they were disrupted incessantly? In any case, the rice is cooked And I am soooo glad it wasn’t during the tussle when her hand was hurt - that’ll leave a very bad taste in the mouth.

i am also watching the bts and clips shared here - I laughed so much :D

thanks for those and keep them coming!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, rocat said:

the QQ-created drama in the previous eps was a little extraneous in the name of saving a loved one from her (writer) self 

the best part happened in jail though. Finally. I wasn’t expecting it. I remember that she had to make the first move - was that it? Or was it in the study when they were disrupted incessantly? In any case, the rice is cooked And I am soooo glad it wasn’t during the tussle when her hand was hurt - that’ll leave a very bad taste in the mouth.

Hahaha yes of all places it happened in jail. I guess they only kissed the night they kept getting disturbed.

• LOL 3