[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

25 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

ZLS is the only princess attending... with her male harem lol 

They know their audience.

:smirk: This truly is a reverse harem cdrama after all. FL didn’t even need to fight another girl for ML’s love lol.

btw the show’s Weibo top show today. *cross fingers* for second season. 

• LOL 4

ZLS is the only princess attending... with her male harem lol 

Hahaha true!

But why there's no Zi Rui?:(

He's the most loyal man in her harem

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, enzek said:

Hahaha true!

But why there's no Zi Rui?:(

He's the most loyal man in her harem

I love watching Zi Rui’s reactions/expression in the background even when his face is not in focus. This actor is a comedic gem. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

I love watching Zi Rui’s reactions/expression in the background even when his face is not in focus. This actor is a comedic gem. 

Zi Rui is one of my favourite characters in the series. I can't get enough of his antics :joy:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, arcchidus said:

This post post made me giggle. It said the main from Goodbye My Princess should learn from HS. (Funny because the writer of the novel that show was based on is a producer on this show — this might be why you are seeing a lot of those story line from that show in this show but with a comedic twist / main choosing a different path)

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4511420018914743

Even Han Shou feels hurt with Qian Qian treatment to him & Pei Heng interference in their relationship sometimes, he know she gonna be heartbroken if he do that so he didn't continue with original plan.

While Li Cheng Yin is kind of delulu to think that he can has Xiao Feng by his side even if he did that (although in the ancient war time, I understand why he did that to her grandfather)

About some similar story line in Goodbye My Princess & The Romance of Tiger and Rose, it might add much more fun if the writer insert the famous jump in the river of forgetfulness scene with a twist LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I love how QQ actually has a female friend at the end and has lovely relationships with YY, her mother and mother-in-law. It is rare for a female lead to have even one female character that doesn't actually hate her for being popular with men! :rolleyes:

I cracked up at 

Spoiler

QQ and Lin Qi's friendship cos its too precious

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Adidaem said:

37 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Zi Rui is one of my favourite characters in the series. I can't get enough of his antics :joy:

Some of Zi Rui gif for his fans:

All credit to owner

• LOL 7

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

This post post made me giggle. It said the main from Goodbye My Princess should learn from HS. (Funny because the writer of the novel that show was based on is a producer on this show — this might be why you are seeing a lot of those story line from that show in this show but with a comedic twist / main choosing a different path)

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4511420018914743

Seriously? The ML in GBMP had a serious issue. He kills for power and love to hurt erveryone his lover loves to show her her place. He is abusive and controlling. Such guys today tend to kill their women when they try to break out. He deserved to loose her at the end...and to be honest, he deserved to rot in hell and not to be still loved by his people. :ph34r:

HS is just a normal male who knows his love is just ignorant to her obvious feelings. He trusts her and is devoted to her but not without any fault. He is just human. :wub:

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Reverie said:

I love how QQ actually has a female friend at the end and has lovely relationships with YY, her mother and mother-in-law. It is rare for a female lead to have even one female character that doesn't actually hate her for being popular with men! :rolleyes:

I cracked up at 

Reveal hidden contents

QQ and Lin Qi's friendship cos its too precious

Right. 

We need more sismance & women's bonding in romance drama!B)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I cant help myself to watch all ep in raw..

Not bad.

Ep 21 finally the sleep together... kyaaa..

Love the way QQ change her MIL mind and women thinking in Tiger Court.

Ep 23. The in law fight quite cute..

I would like to see season 2. Maybe in the modern life where they meet the real pei heng? Or maybe back in ancient time where QQ is the tiger ... hahahaha

• LOL 1

11 minutes ago, Usi said:

HS is just a normal male who knows his love is just ignorant to her obvious feelings. He trusts her and is devoted to her but not without any fault. He is just human. :wub:

Agree. He has no ulterior motives and loves QQ as she is. Both make mistakes but apologise soon after. I miss them already :bawling:

@enzek yay to sismance!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Usi said:

Seriously? The ML in GBMP had a serious issue. He kills for power and love to hurt erveryone his lover loves to show her her place. He is abusive and controlling. Such guys today tend to kill their women when they try to break out. He deserved to loose her at the end...and to be honest, he deserved to rot in hell and not to be still loved by his people. :ph34r:

Lots of fans were initially worried ROTAR story would go that way where HS really destroys the city of rose and kill her mother and sister like he did in the original plot so he could have QQ because of the good by my princess’s novel author’s involvement with Romance of Tiger and Rose.

If you think about it the original plot of the novel was similar to Good Bye My Princess except the girl kill the guy in the end. 

But none of that happened of course, HS loves QQ way too much and knows when to draw the line to his ruthlessness. (Eg take over city but not really hurt her mother or family or friends) 

The post was actually a critique of ML in GBMP and they are saying he should learn to be a better person haha

• Like 4

1 hour ago, enzek said:

About some similar story line in Goodbye My Princess & The Romance of Tiger and Rose, it might add much more fun if the writer insert the famous jump in the river of forgetfulness scene with a twist LOL

Season 2 idea! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, arcchidus said:

If you think about it the original plot of the novel was similar to Good Bye My Princess except the girl kill the guy in the end. 

Oh man, the original plot of the drama is so bad. So painful and depressing to watch (even just the little bits that are shown). And no wonder the actor rejected the script lol. So yeah didn’t watch GBMP either :P

Just finished episode 17 and spotted the 

Spoiler

Noble idiot trope! 

Gah... hate what’s going to come but knowing the HE sustains me. 

• LOL 1

I really thought HS will destroy her city to get her but then it was revealed he was actually preparing fireworks for her. And his dialogue that he would treat her even better so that she falls for him eventually *swoon* :wub: 

ML of Goodbye My Princess was borderline obsessive. On one hand we have a ML who treats FL like the best thing ever, gives up his plan of conquering her kingdom to not hurt her, does not act rashly because of jealousy and still doesn't force her to accept his feelings and on the other we have a ML who treats FL meanly, kills her family, kills her mentor because of jealousy and then acts all confused and clueless when she acts cold. <_<

When will Episode 17-24 will be released with eng sub. It's difficult to wait when you know all episodes have been uploaded but it's pointless to watch because you won't understand a thing. Though I have still watched the raw version and tried to understand things through the scenes. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Although, I have watched all the episodes in raw, I am planning to rewatch the drama again with subtitles since my mandarin is not that great. However, if you have already finish the drama, please see the spoiler tag

Spoiler

One thing I love this drama is the subtle consistency. Did anyone notice that QQ wore red during turning point of the story? She wore red when they first met. Red at the festival, She wore a red dress at tiger city and lastly at the hospital scene she had red socks, purse, and shirt. It might just be a coincidence but I like the subtle meaning that QQ is XQ. I might be overthinking but writers tend to write about characters they wish to be or idealizes. I have a feeling XQ wanted QQ lifestyle. The love of a mother and have sibling care. As well as the live wild for once mentality since as a writer she is confined to her laptop for deadlines and always worrying about money. 

Also on a side note did anyone pay attention at the ending Mr. Han wrist have a bandage on it? I can't help but think about HS injury from taking off the bracelet. 

• Like 4

Dropping here for the first time..

I'm still waiting for subs to become available so I can understand what is going on but I'm enjoying this so much! I just love Han Shuo and how patient he is with QQ. I also love how Han Shuo understands and knows what QQ is really like which is why despite everything she puts him through, he doesn't hate her and instead works towards better understanding her.

• Like 3
  • Love 1