[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

16 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

There’s was a live stream just before the new episodes aired with YX!! 

He was ultra funny and actually juiced a peach, drank the juice (complaining how bad the justice was) then he put an orange and banana on his head when asked about the CP. See link for picture of him with an orange and banana on his head  

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4511120495020642

Why is he so petty and funny, i'm reminded of the scene where they went to watch the play, HAHAHAHAH 

• LOL 3

11 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

I don’t need subs but I feel almost afraid to binge watch everything. My life will be so empty after watching the last episode lol. 

Anyone else feeling like that? Recs for good shows/distractions pls! 

omg me too, this is the same feeling when i watch ten miles (eternal love), best believe i will rewatch this show multiple times, till i juice out the fruit juice, till im content lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, enzek said:

I want to watch it too, but I need subs:bawling:

Did you already watch until the final episode?

If you did, can you give little hint about the ending?

Is is happy ending?

Open ending?

Sad ending?(please not:tears:)

Spoiler

yes happy ending! not open. She returns to the modern world. Han Suo is in the hospital due to an accident and his memories include.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, angelangie said:

oooo....those of you who can watch raw is going to be happy....

they have released everything up to episode 24

Yes the raw episodes up to no 24 is available. I think I won’t sleep .. will marathon all.. from 15 -24 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i dont think it is a leak....if it is a leak there is a trade marking all over the show, the quality seems to be pretty decent....

the same thing happen to 'My Love, Enlighten Me' which was finish releasing since last week......instead of the normal route 

its is not hard to watch 20min in a short while before skipping hahaha....just leave it running when it hit the part u dont like and get up to go somewhere or do something else....that is usually how i did it for series that i try to support as much as possible :D 

I don't mean it that way - but i meant the fact the fans who bought it legitimately didn't put clips all over weibo right away. That's what I meant by leaks.

Cause technically the episodes isn't released to anyone who didn't pay, if you know what I meant. :)

• LOL 3

35 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Anyone else feeling like that? Recs for good shows/distractions pls! 

You don't need subs? I have recs but none of them are like this one lol, and most aren't heavy on the romance. I'll refrain from the super serious ones XD

Modern: Your Fukubukuro (I watched it on bilibili, naturally comes with eng subs, slice of life episodic), Madhouse (suspence thriller and scifi, no subs), My Huckleberry Friends (slice of life down to earth ensemble school drama), Die Now (escape room/battle royale kind of games thriller), Surgeons (capable female characters), Put Your Head on My shoulders (ok this one is actually romcom, quirky otp, second male lead is annoying though)

Historical: Young Blood (fun adventure drama with lovable cast and plenty of plot twists, <3 female characters), Joy of Life (awesome setup and zany humour with scheming, don't come in for the romance)

• Like 2

@SC2019I live in the U.S. so I have to wait a little longer before the show ends. (I did get the Tencent VIP pass so the wait is less painful.) So please give all the spoilers. 

Spoiler

1) In what episode does QQ return to the modern world?

2) Did the HS actor go into the script with her or dies QQ have to start over with the romance with him in the modern world. 

@Vivi123

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

She goes back to the modern world in the last episode, almost 10 mins before it ends.

HS actor meets with a car accident. He is in the hospital and QQ rushes there to visit him (the director of the film, I think tells her that the shooting of the drama will be delayed for 3 months and she learns of the accident). At the hospital, she tries to see if it is HS or the actor by posing him some questions. There are hints that he is confused from the look on his face (to the viewer)... but when he talks to her he doesn't acknowledge anything, rebuking her for harassing him about the drama script....however he accidentally says something that gives him away. QQ leaves the room in disappointment but just at the door to his room, she realises that he said something that she never told him about and she rushes back in. HS the actor then admits that his brain is filled with memories that are confusing (of the ancient city) and he realises that she is the girl in his confused memories. (my mandarin is a little half-baked...so I understand some but not all). They hug, kiss...and his manager (I think), comes waltzing into his room with the reporters who want to interview him about his accident...and they walk into the duo busy reconciling (making out). HS pulls his hospital blanket over them as they continue. The next scene shows QQ back at her PC writing the ending for HS and QQ in the ancient world (and this is the scene in the woods which we see in the trailer) and her ending is a happy one where they kiss in the woods.and then the words 'the end' appear.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i know.....lols....usually those paying members will share the episode and those loyal fans will continue to watch and leave the episodes playing when they are airing.....it happen....i saw some of them doing that :D

Oh I know. I am just saying there's less spoilers than I expected. Haha.

This show definitely over performed already. It's such a low budget show and only 24 episodes. For it to gain this much attention. I think the chance of season 2 is not bad. :)

• Like 6

I tried to stop myself from watching the release of the whole drama but I needed to see the ending to make sure, so I watched the last episode with my friend who purchased it. She did not sleep all night lol. 

Spoiler

The ending: Just like most of us predicted that HS is the actor and he was also in the script. LOL no wonder HS is different from the script because it was our actor. Now I want to see the actor side when he got stuck in the script and what was going on in his head. I really love this drama and the ending was pretty satisfying. Sigh it will be difficult for season 2 with the story. 

My mandarin is limited so now I have to wait for subs.

These two episode just makes my heart so warm and fluffy. :D Also, in the live DYX makes peach juice from tonight live lol. I LOVE IT. DYX as HS is like a gift in the midst of chaos.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

I haven't decided if I would follow yet. I watched a couple episodes. But it just feels like it will be ultra depressing in the future. Not sure I can take that with a pandemic and a curfew.

Watched the first 8 episodes and dropped it. Not my cup of tea since I cannot connect the tiniest bit with the characters. Okay, the 2nd ML is hot hot hot but that can’t save an entire long Drama.

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, Super_Dede said:

I tried to stop myself from watching the release of the whole drama but I needed to see the ending to make sure, so I watched the last episode with my friend who purchased it. She did not sleep all night lol. 

Hide contents

The ending: Just like most of us predicted that HS is the actor and he was also in the script. LOL no wonder HS is different from the script because it was our actor. Now I want to see the actor side when he got stuck in the script and what was going on in his head. I really love this drama and the ending was pretty satisfying. Sigh it will be difficult for season 2 with the story. 

My mandarin is limited so now I have to wait for subs.

I actually think due to the meta nature, season 2 can be setup pretty easily. QQ and HS will obviously keep working together. They can just say that the show ended up to be a hit and a season 2 is demanded, and QQ had to write a sequel, she got stuck and QQ and HS ended up in her show again. And then they will continue to make fun of all the traps and issues with creating a season 2 on a show that's supposed to just have 1 season while they are there. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

@Usi @arcchidus @angelangie Leo is so swoon worthy he keeps me going :wub: I’m not really into the storyline either oops but I’m still following so far.

actually I’m surprised that ROTAR has successfully fleshed out its plot over 24 episodes without making it repetitive. Web dramas tend to lose steam after the halfway mark and romcom turns into melodrama all of a sudden lol but ROTAR delivers all the way to the end! 

although.. ATWIL has overtaken ROTAR in terms of viewership ratings 

@Super_Dede I also think S2 can also explore QQ and the actor’s relationship in the modern world! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1