[Caution] Members will be temporarily blinded by the brightness of Soompi Light Mode. Sunglasses are advised.
pad-hari

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020]The romance of tiger and rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

3 hours ago, taekwang said:

Zhao lu si’s drama

which is better to watch in your opinion

love of a thousand years or

love better than immortality ?

love better than immortality...

i also love her act on "I hear you" with riley wang.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

love better than immortality...

i also love her act on "I hear you" with riley wang.

3 hours ago, arcchidus said:

@taekwang Love better than immortality is a much better series over all.

By the way, you can also consider watching another show by the same director - The Unexpected: https://www.viki.com/tv/36166c-unexpected

Thank you 

tried watching love better than mortality

not too bad

does she end up w Xiao bai or the bad brother Qiu ye

I still , still prefer this present drama Romance of tiger n rose.

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, taekwang said:

Zhao lu si’s drama

which is better to watch in your opinion

love of a thousand years or

love better than immortality ?

Love of thousand years wasn’t well executed but the novel epilogue, theme song and ML is so good. But ZLS wasn’t as likeable in that drama as she is in Tiger n Rose. 

I translated the novel epilogue n ending here

• Awesome 1

IMO music is the least important ingredient of any drama. It’s like extra icing on the cake; without the icing a well-made cake can still be savoured. Out of all ZLS dramas, this one has the most delicious chemistry among all the characters and the sweetest storyline which makes me adore it so much :wub:

Short reviews of all the ZLS lead dramas:

Spoiler

Reviewed in chronological order but I have ranked them according to my preference at the side:

A killing of three thousand crows (Rank 3/5)

Great acting, high budget production and hauntingly beautiful music cannot override mediocre characterisation, poor editing and choppy storyline. I dropped it halfway and was really disappointed that ZLS did not make her anticipated breakthrough in her first “serious” prime-time drama. Only the MV is worth countless times of rewatch.

Love better than immortality (Rank 1/5) 

Outstanding chemistry between OTP Chun Hua and Qiu Ye takes the cake! But the side characters are not as lovable as RoT&R. Fairly interesting good vs evil wuxia storyline and decent music, production editing. I enjoyed it! 

Prodigy healer (Rank 5/5)

She just started out with Li Hongyi and their chemistry wasn’t as good as LBTI. Storyline was so-so with mediocre production, music and editing so I dropped it halfway as well.

I hear you (Rank 2/5)

A slice of life and coming of age drama more than a romcom, which also has strong side characters. Decent music, production editing. I enjoyed this one as well. 

Oh my emperor (Rank 4/5)

My 2nd lead syndrome was too painfully strong. I wasn’t into the wooden ML and how can anyone withstand 2ML Xiao Zhan’s charm?! Storyline wasn’t as gripping but I liked the music (cos ZLS sang it!) Mediocre production but poor editing... I watched only highlight clips to laugh at ZLS antics. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taekwang said:

Thank you 

tried watching love better than mortality

not too bad

does she end up w Xiao bai or the bad brother Qiu ye

Spoiler

She end up with bad brother Qiu ye

if she ends up with xiao bai, imma yeet

• Like 2

Han Shuo's confession is sweet but sad at the same time.

When he said, that he likes her and can't live without her. And he's honest, gentle and kind but will lose control if cornered. He's so vulnerable when it comes to her but if push comes to shove he doesn't mind putting on his black outfit and goes on a killing spree ;). I freaking love Han Shuo in here.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, taekwang said:

I definitely prefer this show to any of her other shows. 

Even though love better than immortality was not bad, I just like the ML and side characters in this show a lot more. Qiu Ye was a dark prince kind of character too but HS is so much more fun and lovable imo.

I really like just how HS already know what he wants half way through the show! He wants to live more than love (makes sense since if he dies then he can’t love anyway), he wants love more than taking over a country (makes sense since he gets more pleasure out of QQ than being a crown prince). And he is willing to try all methods, including embarrassing himself or being honest to get what he wants, it shows he knows what’s good and bad and prefer to take the more peaceful method if it works but isn’t scared to take the bad methods either if the good methods don’t work.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Comparing this Drama to any other ot LuSi’s other Dramas is like comparing Bananas with Oranges. They have completely different scripts and characters. All you can compare is her acting and chemistry with her partners.

In my opinion in LBTI her chemistry with the 2nd ML actor is way better even when her’s with the ML actor gets better. Her other Drama with the same actor IMHO also was only okay. But it felt like the problem was more on his side since he was stiff very often in emotional scenes. She had chemistry with every actor yet but there are differences. The chemistry with 3000crows ML actor was awesome but the Drama lacked in script a lot.
Tiger Rose is good in chemistry, acting and script, so it is my favorite of all. My other love is OME. I just love her timing with comedy and she doesn’t care even if she has to look ugly. Many actresses only choose characters who are always looking like a flower, even their crying scenes  (no one looks good when they cry their heart out) are a piece of art.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, taekwang said:

I love how on Romance of Banana City and Round-shaped fruits City, Banana seems very logical in a sense that if he loves it, he pursuits it, he doesnt hide. He wears his heart on his sleeves. His actions really say a lot about his feelings. Too bad our dear Orange seems to be a bit slow to catch that, or to take that seriously.

On first ep, I thought Banana would be this dangerous, scheming, conniving dark knight, but whatddayaknow...he ended up to be THIS adorable, innocent, a bit shamefully narcistic, shamelessly honest guy.

I also love the idea of reversal of genders being played in this series, although sometimes they seem to forget about this setup too. Hahaha.

Big plus is that it is super funny and entertaining.

In Love Better than Immortality, it is interesting that the male lead is NOT your typical good guy. The martial world even considers him the ultimate evil. He is dangerous (killing, eye-gauging, teleporting straight into your bed kind of guy), scheming, dangerously seductive and shamelessly perverted. But whatever evil that he may have in mind, he always has soft spot for the female lead, that made us root for him. For instance, instead of instantly killing people like he always do, he reconsiders his first instinct, in order to make his lady happy. So...imagine...Count Dracula, perhaps? Or Phantom of The Opera. Or The Beast (which was considered a monster by the villagers).

I dont enjoy the opening ost though. 

In Oh My Emperor...I actually didnt really like the female lead character here. But I guess it was also because I had second male lead crush syndrome when I watched this. The drama is not as well made as the aforementioned two.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, Adidaem said:

I translated the novel epilogue n ending here

Cool! Might watch this but need to wait till banana and orange's love story is complete. I don't want to mess up the ML in my head :joy:

I couldn't watch LBTI - the ML constantly tormenting the FL turned me off, and his acting wasn't good enough to keep me watching.

• LOL 1

I'm so tickled that Lusi was trending for her acting ("Zhao Lusi's acting") and Yuxi was for his looks ("Ding Yuxi is so handsome") :joy: it matches very well with our gender reversal theme!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

As Lusi's roles and dramas are being compared here, how about Ding Yuxi's? Especially since he also has Intense Love, which is still airing now. Not familiar with his other dramas.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, arcchidus said:

@taekwang Love better than immortality is a much better series over all.

By the way, you can also consider watching another show by the same director - The Unexpected: https://www.viki.com/tv/36166c-unexpected

I read about this drama writer work before at dramawiki & intrigued with drama "The Unexpected". 

The synopsis:

Manga artist He Jie accidentally enters into the world of his own manga "Crystal Love". The NPC is the manga tells him that he has to save the evil female supporting character he wrote before being allowed to return to his own world. He Jie ends up filling the loopholes of the story during his journey, and also falls in love with the evil female supporting character Lu Xinxing.

Although both dramas writer is Nan Zhen, it stated there that the directors are different though.

I'm planning to watch the "The Unexpected" but right now I want to focus watching with The Romance Of Tiger and Rose until final episode.

Btw, is this writer male/female? I'm using google to get the writer's info but sadly there is no picture about her/him in the articles or info in English language. 

To me the scriptwriter is one of the main reason of a successful drama other than director and the good acting & chemistry between the actor & actress.

34 minutes ago, enzek said:

Btw, is this writer male/female? I'm using google to get the writer's info but sadly there is no picture about her/him in the articles or info in English language. 

To me the scriptwriter is one of the main reason of a successful drama other than director and the good acting & chemistry between the actor & actress.

I meant script writer not director earlier when I mentioned The Unexpected.

Writer is female:  https://baike.baidu.com/item/南镇/50156492

Director is male, ex-HK director: https://baike.baidu.com/item/查传谊/9994206

Every episodes I watched...the way Han Shuo looks at QQ is heart melting. Sometimes it's out of curiosity but most of the time he's fixated on her and it's like she's the only one existed. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

46 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

Every episodes I watched...the way Han Shuo looks at QQ is heart melting. Sometimes it's out of curiosity but most of the time he's fixated on her and it's like she's the only one existed. 

agree, my poor heart cannot handle the wait, its like his staring into her soul, wanting to know more 

even in their bts my heart flutter

• Like 1
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, lavvarr said:

agree, my poor heart cannot handle the wait, its like his staring into her soul, wanting to know more 

even in their bts my heart flutter

yes, me tooo

cant wait for the next 2 episodes to appear on Monday night 8pm

I find Han Shuo so stinking adorable in this BTS. He's in his own world and he doesn't care lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Their bts is always so cute. Has anyone compared bts for Intense Love vs ROTAR? Is DYX just as dorky cute in Intense Love bts?