[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

55 minutes ago, taekwang said:

I am dying to watch the next episode 15... a week away... aiiissss....

Have already rewatched the whole series 

so what r you watching right now to fill the gap ?

I usually watch 1 drama in a time, but sometimes i will do 2 drama in a row, one is the one who almost ending, and one is the new one, or one is new one another is rewatching old one. This time to fill the gap, i will rewatch old one.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

46 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

The FL is 20 plus she must know these things.

I assume the QianQian is around the same age as the actress, so around 21. When I was 21 I was absolutely horrible at rejecting people! I 200% hurt a few guys in the process, so I think her reaction is pretty realistic, especially considering they made a point to say she had never been in love before in real life in episode 1.

----

While waiting, I think I may go and rewatch a few episodes of old favs like Story of MingLan. :)

• Like 3

I was browsing through the ML and FL old drama but can’t deal with different CP now so tried some other light fluffy web dramas but can’t get through them either... so now considering trying a different genre or some variety shows... wish me luck lol. 

Or maybe I’ll go read a book instead... 

• LOL 2

18 hours ago, lovehuche said:

This YouTuber gave a review of this drama and believes Ryan Ding fell in love with Zhao Lu Si in real life during filming.

Ahhhh....I love her videos! Soo soothing for me hearing her tone, somehow. Btw, back to Ryan Ding....I thought I was the only one thinking that he looked like someone falling in love! I started to think that way after watching his interview/zoom meeting/twitter vid (I forgot, but it was somewhere in this thread). He blushes and his EYES just got WIDER, followed by widening smile.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I just picked up fairyland lovers. I like the ML in there...his jealous moments are funny. 

I think QQ just wants to get along with everyone. Even when Chu Chu gives her the cold shoulder she still makes an effort. And QQ being nice to minister Pei is her just being that with no motives. If she rejects him every time they talk it's exhausting lol. She can be friendly but even him should know that her being nice and friendly doesn't equate to love. More than anything he gave himself false hope. But I do think his personality fits more with Chu Chu. They would make a very cute silent couple :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taekwang said:

I am dying to watch the next episode 15... a week away... aiiissss....

Have already rewatched the whole series 

so what r you watching right now to fill the gap ?

I am watching Lusi's past project: Love Better than Immortality. The male lead is so gorgeous and in this drama, he is like this tiger eyeing for his prey, with intoxicating stare. Plus, he is somewhat like a cross between kungfu master, a CCTV and David Copperfield who can vanish within second you turned your head, and pop back in your room the least time you expected him.

I thank God that male like that dont appear anywhere in my life or I'll be in big trouble. I prefer someone like our Han Shuo, who would be willing to change into girl's dress for me to rip as pay back method. Hahahaha. He made me laugh.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, tothestars said:

Ah i have missed it! Will rewatch the scene, thx! 

Edit: seriously something wrong with my WeTV!

On ep 10, first scene was Lin Qi was in the warehouse with mouses, and QQ jumped into Han Shuo. And then goes the Third Test scene, the Politic one, and then test finished and QQ show her presents to CC, and then the winner announcement, there is no scenes for 2nd Test! I have rewind and forward over and over again? Only happened to me?

The literacy test was shown in the early part in Ep 9. Then followed by the martial arts test.

In Ep 10 shows Lin Qi surrounded by mice, then the political test and Crown Princess announcement.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marinated_lemon said:

I thank God that male like that dont appear anywhere in my life or I'll be in big trouble. I prefer someone like our Han Shuo, who would be willing to change into girl's dress for me to rip as pay back method. Hahahaha. He made me laugh.

Haha yes and my man to have eyes only for me and reject other girl's advances (similar with Han Shuo) :joy:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chsaf said:

The literacy test was shown in the early part in Ep 9. Then followed by the martial arts test.

In Ep 10 shows Lin Qi surrounded by mice, then the political test and Crown Princess announcement.

Ah found it thx a lot! i remembered now, my poor connection makes me to fwd and rewind, so i accidentally skipped it! I watched the beginning when QQ practice kungfu with HS, and then keep loading sigh! Thx again!

• Like 1

Just now, tothestars said:

Ah found it thx a lot! i remembered now, my poor connection makes me to fwd and rewind, so i accidentally skipped it! I watched the beginning when QQ practice kungfu with HS, and then keep loading sigh! Thx again!

You're welcome :wub: at first I thought there was an error in the Ep 10 but the scene was actually in the earlier episode :joy:

• LOL 1

That QQ falls back on the 3 storytellers every time she’s in a fix and needs to get out of trouble cracks me up :joy:

I was so tickled at how flabbergasted they were when she kept introducing new fruits into her story, and how they silently disapproved of how her muddled plot was yet humored her like doting grandpas. 

The Aphrodisiac incense scene made it pretty clear how QQ feels. Plus others where she doesn’t push him away and tilts her head, ready to respond. She’s fighting it primarily to preserve the sanctity of her script that is key to her survival as a writer. It makes for very good tension that keeps the audience hooked. 

like a few of the posts here, I also feel like her story has definitely changed. For one, she wasn’t supposed to last past 3 eps, and the ML wanted the script changed before he continued. Perhaps magic happened there and when they finally Reappear in real life, all they knew before would have changed. 

this show is too funny. One of ZLS’s gems.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I feel so empty without a new episode and I am planning to rewatch all the episodes again throughout the week. I saw a fan theory on twitter that Han Min Xing (the actor) is already HS. He was transported in the modern world earlier than XQ and knew about the story because she confessed to him that she is from another world. Therefore, that's why the actor demanded to see her because he wanted to see her. Then he question her about why is he going to love CC because that doesn't make sense. LOL 

I watched the scene again and after seeing HS and his character I cannot stop seeing HS in the actor and the way he looks at her. GAH lol I am going nuts I find myself rewatching the same bits of them. The drama is extremely popular right now in China and globally. My friend told me the writer is hosting an online question event because of how hot the drama is in China. If that's the case I hope to see these two in another drama together as leads or it becomes something like Eternal love. But i think it might be impossible for it to become like Eternal love since it's hard to continue the story when the drama already wrapped up. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

How to talk to your love rival if he don't get it - Han Shou version 

How to talk to your love rival if he still don't get it - Han Shou version

all credit to owner

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, moon-flower said:

I wish Han Shuo would kick or smack su ying. 

@moon-flower I agree with you Su Ying character made me boil in the recent two episodes. QQ keep thinking he was on her side but she forgets that the character was written to push CC. QQ is always in the author mindset that she forget she is now a character. Like it would make sense why Su Ying would not like her because she is overpowering CC. QQ staying alive changes everything since her being alive stop HS to marry CC and her stealing the dragon bone before HS even manipulate CC to get it makes HS character changes. I hope the empress doesn't die like in the original plot. 

Also for the ending i think our HS will die like the original plot but in a different way....the scene where QQ is crying and looking at HS at the red carpet....i think he is going to get sick again or his illness will comeback. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, arcchidus said:

And OMG, I just saw the full aphrodisiac scene, and it's so hilarious when the orange admitted she just wrote that scene exactly per the trope without any research or consideration - the shade on other dramas is REAL. It was also very refreshing to see orange legit scared and banana making a real effort to resist the effect. 

Same! I thought it was so realistic that she would react in a scared way (and probably will never write this kind of scene again LOL) Even if you love the person, no one wants to consummate their relationship under forced circumstances when one of them is not sober and can't make decisions for themselves! On top of that, she is a virgin, of course she would be scared. So well done, and the fact that Han Shuo tried SO hard to hold back was soooo endearing.

7 hours ago, arcchidus said:

I assume the QianQian is around the same age as the actress, so around 21. When I was 21 I was absolutely horrible at rejecting people! I 200% hurt a few guys in the process, so I think her reaction is pretty realistic, especially considering they made a point to say she had never been in love before in real life in episode 1.

While waiting, I think I may go and rewatch a few episodes of old favs like Story of MingLan. :)

Also agree- I wanted to add to the point that QQ has done what she could while avoiding being rude. She never said she liked him, it was all him assuming, and she never strung him along unless, well, it was to richard simmons Han Shuo off (that was wrong of her and she apologized to him for it!) I'm glad she finally rejected him loud and clear. Rejecting someone is hard - many young people these days simply ghost people on dating apps lol I don't think it's that far off tbh!

And I miss Ming Lan! I've already watched it twice haha now you made me want to watch it the third time < Zhao Lusi reminds me so much of Zhao Liying, I hope she'll have the same level success as Liying in the future!

• Like 1

Due to withdrawal, I thought I'd do some screenshots and shared here. Someone in this thread (sorry I forgot your handle!) explained to me why Han Shuo gave up on poisoning QQ on their wedding night - I missed it when I first watched, and now that I went back to check, it was SO. HILARIOUS. Basically:

He poisoned his cup, thinking they would feed each other wine from the cup in their own hand (his hometown’s custom), which means he thought he would feed her his cup. But she was used to doing the cross-cup way, and thus was going to drink from her own cup. That means, HE would have to drink the poisoned cup.

qYyBgZx.png

Realizing his mistake, he faked a cough, and switched the cups!

dmDXPvP.png

aRCo0G9.png

She, meanwhile, thought his awkward weird behavior was because she didn’t follow his custom, and switched to HIS way. Again, he was almost forced to drink his own poison.

rWCiFV5.png

0uHL1sx.png

Mind you, this whole time, she WANTED to be poisoned LOL

And that, everyone, is how we have two idiots who are meant to be together.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1