[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love a Lifetime 美人暮白首

sugarplum892

I think the first 2 episodes - pretty average

i stopped a couple of times to watch the new show Boss. - which I tot was much better as it’s comical , pretty similar to what’s wrong with secretary kim kind of vibe. And that pace is better, will glue you to the show with every episode development.

i think maybe need time to develop interest in this drama. allen ren character is pretty good. And he’s rather handsome in this role I must say. Will try and watch more n see what happens..

I really miss Daren Luyi so much. Love him very much...sigh

Somehow that character really struck a chord in my heart. I have watched so many dramas, but none affected me like that. Can't recall any character in any series that made me hit the rewind button like that!

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Bridget Cheng said:

I really miss Daren Luyi so much. Love him very much...sigh

Somehow that character really struck a chord in my heart. I have watched so many dramas, but none affected me like that. Can't recall any character in any series that made me hit the rewind button like that!

I totally agree with you it affected me the same way he cute and lovely in this drama but I miss his icy look 

7 hours ago, Misstinker said:

I totally agree with you it affected me the same way he cute and lovely in this drama but I miss his icy look 

Haha..he does know how to do the icy look. And I love his small sly smiles when he teases xinxia. And that scene in jail eating the mooncake just tore my heart out. And that last scene when he just stood there like a god and let xinxia run to him just about broke my fingers rewinding it..lol

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

completed the drama yesterday

final rating 5.0/10

front half 7.5
middle one-third 7.0
last one-third 6.9 , getting draggy
final 2 episodes , plot took a shortcut to wrap up quickly , deduct points

Spoiler

if "touch poison" is so effective , the story could have ended right at episode 1 by either camps using it to eliminate others
it's a shortcut to not film a finale boss fight , same with RongJingFeng surrendering twice without showing his max skills.

supporting fighting characters always get surrounded but with max level luck they escape just fine

the male lead have bromance stronger than romance , when LuYiZhou was dying you can see the lead actor's best performance in the entire show

plot hole , Ling Sect didn't activate their zombie army as seen in ep7 and later when the male lead used healing-puppet skill level2
the zombies at ep7 wore heavy armor and made strange unhuman sound , they don't talk like male lead's puppets or the normal masked Ling Sect henchmen

YAoX4s8.jpg

v7UtFKb.jpg

best acting of the drama goes to MingZun MoHuan
zCsF3e3.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love a Lifetime 美人暮白首
  • 7 months later...