[Drama 2020] Train, 트레인

0ly40

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Maybe you can help me, Do-won deduced there were 5 victims after seeing the Stop, Danger, Mirror, Traffic Lights etc signs. But how did he deduce it was related to the Bukgyeon name?

Beside the signs that was on the photos, the Seo Kyung stepbrother also drew the words on the wall which Do Won saw in the house, the stepbrother also kept on repeating the 5 words, so i guess he must have put the 2-2 together..

1 hour ago, Happy Sheep said:

rettysup I thought the headache and vision was from the effects of train itself. Like he was seeing the parallel world through visions. It didn't really say what medicine or for what reasons. My only guess it's for his mental state and trauma

Highly possible, I think before that he already  went to seek help, he mentioned it during the conversation he had with his superior. I guess we will know what trauma he had that he had to seek medical attention only in the next few episodes...hehe

2 hours ago, Happy Sheep said:

@Prettysup I thought the headache and vision was from the effects of train itself. Like he was seeing the parallel world through visions. It didn't really say what medicine or for what reasons. My only guess it's for his mental state and trauma

Oh I thought he was only triggered to the parallel world after being hit on the head. I wonder what is the mechanism here for the inter-world travel? I mean, what have to happen for it to happen? Hit on the head? Pain? Or just random?

1 hour ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Beside the signs that was on the photos, the Seo Kyung stepbrother also drew the words on the wall which Do Won saw in the house, the stepbrother also kept on repeating the 5 words, so i guess he must have put the 2-2 together..

Oic thanks, I missed the words on the wall

Do-Won has feelings for Seo Kyung but he is feeling guilty towards her because he thinks his father killed her father. I don`t know what cause the dead of Do Won`s father (an accident or someone killed him? ).

The murdered came from B World as we saw how one of the victim`s clothes don`t match with World A. Lee Sung-Wook looks suspisious but he is a witness or maybe an accomplice. We don`t know why he has mental problems because he was not alwasy been like this. I thought that maybe a traumatic event occured or he is from the other world. The second thought it seems far-fetched. No. But he seems to be obsessed with the place/ train and probably saw the serial killer.

1 hour ago, SuZy Leoo said:

I guess we will know what trauma he had that he had to seek medical attention only in the next few episodes...hehe

It must be significant to the plot. Maybe he's seeing things from parallel world he thought was just hallucinations that's why he seeked professional help.

Cant wait for ep2

EP2 preview still cuts

RFvwWRc.jpg

Spoiler

26BLPYL.jpg

kJCrMzK.jpg

T9a3PJQ.jpg

8dlujZe.jpg

mqYg76n.jpg

Oyvc2sr.jpg

NkqHIlV.jpg

Source ig

EP1 still cuts

eOzULd9.jpg

Spoiler

ziqvohk.jpg

uYpcjOM.jpg

8ZZFY01.jpg

Q4mL0gy.jpg

SvoFxfF.jpg

Qxzv9Rb.jpg

Source Ig

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

I wonder what is the mechanism here for the inter-world travel? I mean, what have to happen for it to happen? Hit on the head? Pain? Or just random?

I wonder that too. I think Train that appears at 9:35 is the way to the other world. I don't know if anyone can travel through that or just the very special persons. Just like you said, there may be a trigger

1 hour ago, larus said:

Lee Sung-Wook looks suspisious but he is a witness or maybe an accomplice. We don`t know why he has mental problems because he was not alwasy been like this. I thought that maybe a traumatic event occured or he is from the other world. The second thought it seems far-fetched. No. But he seems to be obsessed with the place/ train and probably saw the serial killer.

Can't really remember this but I think her mother said something happened to him 12 yrs ago. 2008 was also the year both fathers died. His accident could be connected to what happened in 2008 

Okay, first episode. Thoughts:

Episode 1

• Kyung Soo Jin looks SO beautiful in a suit! ♥ I totally dig her role already! :D 
  • Seeing a girl with bruises who got raped in the very first episode. Well, we are home at OCN. Won't be an easy ride for me I guess. But I already like the attitude of the main lead. He is a good one. 
  • They killed the cat! How could they!
  • Did I miss something about Do-Won abscense of three years? Like a time skip or something?
  • So many questions. :D 

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

They killed the cat! How could they!

I know, right?  I am so glad that my cat Frank wasn't watching the drama with me.  At least they blurred orange kitty's little mangled corpse so we didn't have to see any gory details.

4 hours ago, Happy Sheep said:

.....I think Train that appears at 9:35 is the way to the other world. I don't know if anyone can travel through that or just the very special persons. Just like you said, there may be a trigger.....

It seems like the crazy guy (sorry but I haven't learned the names yet) seems to understand a lot about what happens at the train but he can't really communicate what he knows.  I wonder if the killer on the other side is the same person as the crazy guy?

One good thing about the crazy guy, at least he cared enough to bury the cat.

28 minutes ago, thistle said:

I wonder if the killer on the other side is the same person as the crazy guy?

That's a possibility too since it's parallel world, everyone has doppelganger. He could be mentally stable in another world. 

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Did I miss something about Do-Won abscense of three years? Like a time skip or something?

Definitely a time skip :lol: He just said he left home 3 yrs ago when she confessed that she liked him.

@Happy SheepBut didn't he approch her at her office because of the arrest warant? Was is just bc he wasn't "home" since three years or did he really just disappear and I missed the "3 years later......" fading into the screen? :D 

I already thought this being two seperate timelines. 

1 hour ago, Happy Sheep said:

That's a possibility too since it's parallel world, everyone has doppelganger. He could be mentally stable in another world. 

We know that crazy guy LSW was bad before he lost his marbles--he tried to "violate" the FL when she was a teen.  If crazy guy LSW was inherently an abusive creep, then maybe his doppleganger is every bit as bad.  Maybe crazy-guy-LSW-doppleganger is the murderer--surely he knows about the dual worlds since he is using this side as a dumping ground for his victims.  And maybe he is using crazy guy LSW somehow.

.....okay, I realize as I'm writing this that I'm doing something wrong. 

I'm gonna apologize right now for referring to this character as crazy guy because that is Not nice and I am aware that I am in error.  I get very confused by Korean names for some reason, so I usually nickname characters or learn to use initials but there is no excuse for being perjorative.  

Going to look up the character's name.....Lee Sung Wook.  Okay, he's LSW now.  

There, I feel better.  Again, my apologies if I offended anyone earlier.....

I wonder if LSW has mellowed following his traumatic brain injury.  It seems that he has been trying desperately in his own way to communicate what he knows about the crimes--hence writing all over the walls and drawing pictures and repeating himself over and over.  LSW is trapped inside himself but he's trying to reach out.  Maybe his injury is the source of his chance to redeem himself.

.....oh, one more thing:  while I was hunting up the name information, I also discovered that this is a 12 episode drama!  I didn't know that.  But I'm actually kind of glad because that means that the drama will be more condensed storywise and the PD's will be able to make better use of the budget.  Fewer episodes can sometimes make a good drama better, and too many episodes can make a good drama flabby.  I have high hopes for this drama.  

@Dhakra guess he didn't disappear but just left home since they still see each other at work. They don't live together anymore like they used to. 

@thistle that's very commendable of you. ^^ don't be hard on yourself. We know you didn't mean harm  ^^

It seems LSW really knows something. Yup it could be that he's trying to say something but he can't. But why did he smashed SDW head?

---

EP1 clips (spoiler in the thumbnail)

Spoiler

EP3 preview (spoiler in the thumbnail)

Spoiler

Ecw7MlQUcAE94Ot?format=jpg&name=medium

Another interesting episode that I can't take my eyes of the screen.  It's so sad how SK's life ended without both of them resolved the problem that matter most (well that's how we're going to see the content in future episodes)  For now DW will only know what SK was doing from the short conversation that she had with Ms Oh.  This will also trigger him to realise  and find out the odd things that's happening (he thought it was because of the side effect of the medication)

Well, what a good cliffhanger for us ....  So the killer also know very well about the other world to just throw the bags and left them there for years?  It's time to board the train and we're going to meet their doppelgongers.

p.s Guess we need to know the exact time and exact environment to board the train.

EP2 sub is out :lol:

What an episode. First 10 mins was intense. Do-won told the truth but also later revealed that it wasn't really his father. I hope Chief Lee can tell to Do-won that Seo-kyung knows it wasn't his father who did it. I cried rivers during the flashback scenes. It was a tragic love story. They didn't even had a chance to resolve their conflict.

Lee Ji-young was alive in world A. It blew my mind that they can meet their parallel self. The scene is trying to tell us that it's SDW B who killed HSK. Do you think he was really the serial killer? I still have doubts but let's see next episode

The OST that was played during flashback gave me all the feels. I hope they can release it soon

35 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Guess we need to know the exact time and exact environment to board the train.

My guess is when you're at Mokyung station and it's raining at exactly 9:35 pm, you'll be able to see the train. LSW was looking at the rain and he said the train is coming. 

Dear @Happy Sheep

I'm confused for a while when you said Chief Lee and I call her Ms Oh ha ha ha...

How different they can look with /without a uniform.  This time it's easier since their names are the same in both World A and B.  Her character is as Oh Mi Sook - Director of Detective Division in World A. So how exactly are we going to address her?  :D

26 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Dear @Happy Sheep

I'm confused for a while when you said Chief Lee and I call her Ms Oh ha ha ha.

Oh you're right, my bad! HAHAHA Thanks for mentioning it. I always call her Chief Lee when it should be Chief Oh lol. I mistakenly used the actress' real surname :joy:

I add A or B after their name, like DW A or B. Since that's how OCN distinguish characters from both worlds.

TBH, I'm a bit confused. I thought there was going to be a bit more switching between worlds, but it seems that both worlds are more inter-related in many ways, and it may take me repeat viewings to make it more understandable. This reminds me of the multi-verse show "Charlie Jade," the Canadian-South African show a few years back where the main character shifted between three universes, with each universe a distinct color tint. I was hoping to see the same effect here, but so far it's a bit more under the radar.

@Jonah Kyle I think the switching between worlds will happen next episode *fingers crossed*. We just need Do-won A to discover the train. The first 2 eps were like introductory for the characters and for the parallel plot to move forward. There will be distinct color tint for each world, orange and blue. I'm excited to see how this will play out :lol:

---

Still cuts

Uihomkw.jpg

Spoiler

S2FiL4B.jpg

WWbjKnf.jpg

8CJ9m5C.jpg

kNDTG6j.jpg

GlBoC8T.jpg

ZDDcVg3.jpg

caHfhAy.jpg

rZUZkLk.jpg