[Drama 2020] Train, 트레인

0ly40

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Less than a week away to the premiere of TRAIN!! btw, have they already started the press con for this drama? Cant seem to find any picture/ news on that

Hopefully we get to see it in the coming days before premiere. According to YSY fanclubs, fan support like wreaths and other gifts were cancelled for presscon, they said the producers will conduct online presscon instead cuz of current pandemic situation. 

:crymeme:

Yoon Shi Yoon, Kim Dong Young, And Cho Wan Ki Team Up To Solve Mysterious Crime In “Train”

Jul 5, 2020
by S. P
e15ecfadc24c4508a9d0abaa1da5a81e.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming weekend drama “Train” shared new stills of Yoon Shi Yoon, Kim Dong Young, and Cho Wan Ki!

“Train” is set to be a “parallel universe mystery” and a sci-fi thriller that tells the story of the world splitting into two parallel universes due to a single choice made on the night of a murder.

Yoon Shi Yoon plays the role of Seo Do Won, a police detective who quickly rises up the ranks to become team leader at an early age due to his dedication to his job. Kim Dong Young plays Kim Jin Woo, the youngest and newest detective on the team who holds deep admiration for Seo Do Won after he saved him from making a grave mistake in the past. Cho Wan Ki takes on the role of Woo Jae Hyuk, a gruff and strict detective who greatly respects Seo Do Won.

The new stills show the team of three detectives in the midst of their investigation at a train station. Seo Do Won surveys the scene with his hands placed firmly on his hips. Meanwhile, Kim Jin Woo looks down with a worried frown as Woo Jae Hyuk speaks to him with an air of seriousness. Viewers are curious to find out more about the incident that happened at the train station.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1410979wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-kim-dong-young-and-cho-wan-ki-team-up-to-solve-mysterious-crime-in-train

Yoon Shi Yoon And Kyung Soo Jin Talk About Why They Chose “Train” + Experience Working Together

Jul 6, 2020
by J. Lim
2169a8e09ddb48738f23aebfbfe643c8.jpeg?s=

OCN’s new weekend drama “Train” held a press conference on July 6 ahead of the drama’s premiere. The event was attended by PD (producing director) Ryu Seung Jin, and leads Yoon Shi Yoon and Kyung Soo Jin.

“Train” is set to be a “parallel universe mystery” and a sci-fi thriller that tells the story of the world splitting into two parallel universes due to a single choice made on the night of a murder.

Yoon Shi Yoon takes on the role of Seo Do Won, a police detective who rises to the position of team leader at a young age for his dedication to his job. In universe “A,” he is a police officer who is trying to atone for his father’s crimes while in universe “B,” he falls into a dangerous path of corruption due to his father’s crimes. Kyung Soo Jin takes on the role of Han Seo Kyung, who is a prosecutor who has overcome life’s hardships with love in universe “A” and a police officer who has held on to life with resentment in universe “B.”

Yoon-Shi-Yoon-Kyung-Soo-Jin.jpg

The director talked about how “Train” hopes to set itself apart from other parallel universe dramas as he said, “It’s a topic I’ve had a lot of interest in for a long time. In ‘Train,’ important events will occur through the passage between the two worlds, and the characters will have to collect clues from both worlds in order to get answers. When the characters cross over to the other world, the fate of those around them changes as well. I think that will be a new concept for people.”

When asked why they decided to choose the drama, Kyung Soo Jin said, “I really wanted to do it. When I heard I’d be working with Yoon Shi Yoon, I thought it would be great to work with him. The synopsis was really great, too.” Yoon Shi Yoon explained, “Our viewers will see this too, but the first two episodes are put together so well that they feel like a crime thriller film on their own. I thought the concept of parallel universes connecting was quite refreshing and fun, and it will be a enjoyable drama to watch. It has a unique storyline.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1411183wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-and-kyung-soo-jin-talk-about-why-they-chose-train-experience-working-together

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/07/how-is-train-different-from-the-existing-parallel-universe-mystery/
How Is ‘Train’ Different from the Existing Parallel Universe Mystery?

by krishkim | images: OCN

CA93D418-96BB-413A-8C4E-631C440761A3.jpg

Park Ga Yeon, the writer of OCN’s new original drama Train, has answered the various questions, from the writing process to key points of the drama, that would take the veil off of “parallel universe mystery.”

Train deals with the detective’s parallel universe mystery of intervening in serial murders to protect the precious people in the two worlds divided by choice of the moment on the night when the murder took place.

A3884511-68E6-484E-9C66-9BCDE6A81EDE.jpg

Q1. Why did you choose the subject of a parallel universe?

I was always interested in the multiverse theory that states, “every single one of the universes divided by choice and action exist in multiple universes.” I wanted to portray the process of reaching the truth in a twisted fate through two worlds, “World A, where truth is concealed,” and “World B, where the truth is tracked down.“

Q2. Why did you choose such a different genre from your previous romance drama, Longing Heart (2018)?

Train tells stories of various layers of results, but it starts with the thought of how far a man will go in loving a woman. Rather than being limited to the genre, I wondered which format I should borrow to deliver the story effectively. That’s how I came up with fantasy mystery romance.

Q3. Why did you choose ‘Train’ as the medium that connects the two universes?

The first time I thought of a railroad track as a passageway connecting the two universes was as the “metaphor” of the two universes separated by choice. Also, since trains are used as means of transport and travel, I thought it would be appropriate to use it as a mysterious medium connecting the two universes.

223C07B7-ECD2-4422-BE7A-D8CF48F9B73E.jpg

Q4. What are the differences from the existing projects that deal with parallel universes?

The parallel universes in the drama were divided 12 years ago. I think the biggest difference is that the drama focuses on what changed the two universes and how it affected the characters living in both universes.

Q5. What was the most important part in making the characters of Seo Do Won and Han Seo Kyung?

Seo Do Won and Han Seo Kyung exist in both universes A and B, but starting from the incident 12 years ago, they have lived completely different lives and faced different situations. I created these characters by focusing on granting them the justifications of how they turned out to be in the present.

Q6. What is one thing viewers shouldn’t miss?

If you pay attention to the changed situations in the two universes, the relationships between different characters, and the emotions of the characters as they encounter while chasing the truth, you will be able to enjoy it more.

Train will premiere at 10:30 p.m. on July 11 KST.

Source (1)

Archived