[Drama 2020/2021] Hush, 허쉬

larus

November 30 2020

Teaser trailer #4 for JTBC drama series “Hush”

Hush-Korean-Drama-p1.jpg

Teaser trailer #4 added for JTBC drama series “Hush” starring Hwang Jung-Min & Yoona. Narration and captions in the teaser trailer has Yoona stating (0:07) “The pen is mightier than the gun but,” (0:15) “Meal is stronger than the pen.” Meanwhile, below are still images of Hwang Jung-Min in the drama series. He plays Han Joon-Hyeok. His character is a veteran reporter, but he doesn’t have the passion for the job like he once did.

“Hush” will first air December 11, 2020 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Han Joon-Hyeok (Hwang Jung-Min) is a veteran reporter for a newspaper. He first became a reporter to pursue justice, but he is now conflicted between idealism and pragmatism. Han Joon-Hyeok must also deal with personal issues as a husband and father.

• Like 1

Watch: Hwang Jung Min And YoonA Are Polar Opposites In New Trailer For “Hush”

Nov 30, 2020
by M. Kang

f1c7b65d1dda49019158e5c287ca2f58.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Hush” has released its main trailer!

The new Friday-Saturday series tells a story about the realities of newspaper reporters in Korea. It includes the everyday events of working in an office, living paycheck to paycheck, and more. “Hush” focuses on veteran reporter Han Jun Hyuk (Hwang Jung Min) and intern Lee Ji Su (Girls’ Generation’s YoonA) making their way through life as working professionals.

In the latest teaser, the two start off their days in completely opposite ways. Han Jun Hyuk shows up at work while humming and has a work attitude with absolutely no passion. He enjoys playing billiards while Lee Ji Su is shown working hard as an eager intern.

In one scene, Han Jun Hyuk shows off his skills in coming up with titles for articles to the interns. Although he used to be a passionate reporter, he’s now mostly known as an expert at writing titles that will get clicks. YoonA says in a narration, “The pen is stronger than a gun, but a meal is stronger than a pen.”

The following scenes further show reporters facing their realities and handling them in their own ways. At a company dinner, one employee tries his best to kiss up to his boss, while Han Jun Hyuk looks absorbed in enjoying his food. At another meal, fellow reporters share drinks and comfort one another as coworkers.

The trailer ends with Han Jun Hyuk and Lee Ji Su hushing the camera. “Hush” is expected to portray the real life struggles many office workers go through.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1440952wpp/watch-hwang-jung-min-and-yoona-are-polar-opposites-in-new-trailer-for-hush

• Like 1

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Shares How She Prepared To Play An Intern Reporter In “Hush”

d5c3485f29b94d069c8baa16e0e88ebb.jpeg?s=

Dec 2, 2020
by J. K

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA talked about how she transformed into her “Hush” character!

The upcoming JTBC drama is about the everyday struggles and ethical dilemmas of newspaper reporters. YoonA takes the role of the spirited and bold intern reporter Lee Ji Soo, and Hwang Jung Min plays the veteran reporter Han Joon Hyuk, who has lost his passion for his job. The cast also includes Park Ho SanYoo SunSon Byung HoKim Won HaeLee Seung Joon, and more.

Along with stills that were released on December 2, YoonA shared her plans to show a new version of herself through Lee Ji Soo. Her character’s motto is “A pen is mightier than a gun, but food is mightier than a pen,” and Lee Ji Soo will be turning the office of the newspaper outlet Daily Korea upside down with her new ideas. Lee Ji Soo is a strong and refreshingly direct person, but she also hides something deep inside. Her happy everyday family life was shaken up by an incident that led her to dream of joining Daily Korea, and she becomes a real reporter after meeting Han Joon Hyuk.

The new photos show Lee Ji Soo’s passion for her work and her process of growth, upping fans’ excitement for YoonA’s transformation. As a new intern still in her probation period, Lee Ji Soo wears her press pass on her first day at the respected news outlet, her eyes sparkling with excitement and nerves. She glares at someone over the top of a computer monitor in another photo and is deep in conversation over drinks in another.

yoona-4.jpg

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1441467wpp/girls-generations-yoona-shares-how-she-prepared-to-play-an-intern-reporter-in-hush

• Like 1

I'm really hesitant about Yoona. She was okay in Prime Minister & I, though this opinion soured in the K2. It's not all her fault though, but since then I've been cautious to hope. 

Then again this drama has some of my fave veteran actors and starts soon. 

• Like 2

Premiere Watch: True Beauty, Hush, Mr. Queen

by missvictrix

Hush

premwatch_truebeauty5.jpg

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Rom-com, office
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: It’s been a while since we had a newsroom drama, and JTBC’s latest actually pulled in the interest of film actor Hwang Jung-min. Interesting. It’s because the script is so, so good, right? I’m hoping so! Hwang Jung-min plays our hero, a veteran reporter who was once idealistic, but is now struggling with ideals vs. reality in middle life. He then becomes the mentor of a rookie reporter played by Yoona. The way I see this, this drama can go two ways. One, a more raw and compelling slice-of-life workplace drama (like Misaeng) about what it means to seek the truth with integrity — or, a dopey workplace drama where you-know-what will happen between the leads. I’ll let you guess which direction I’m hoping this drama chooses.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/premiere-watch-true-beauty-hush-mr-queen/

New character stills for JTBC newsroom drama Hush

by tccolb

0004459145_001.jpg

Leading up to its premiere this week, a slew of new stills have been released for JTBC’s upcoming Hush featuring the drama’s ensemble cast.

Set within a news media company, the drama sounds slice-of-life-esque as it follows the lives of the different reporters and staff, and the dilemmas that they face in their day-to-day at work. And one of the focuses will be on how the characters are ordinary people just like everyone else, trying to work and survive in this world.

Hwang Jung-min (Deliver Us From Evil) plays the central character who was once a passionate reporter in his youth. Over the years, though, he became desensitized and now just goes through the motions, working so that he can make money and pay his bills.

In upper management, Sohn Byung-ho (The Good Detective) plays the chief editor, who holds a lot of power due to his brown-nosing ways. Park Ho-san (Will You Have Dinner With Me), the department head of digital news, looks up to Sohn as a role model. But he also dreams of the day when he can takeover Sohn’s job.

Analogue lover Kim Won-hae (Start-Up) and realist Lee Seung-joon (Record of Youth) are both team leads on the digital news team. While Yoo Sun (Clean With Passion for Now) takes on the role of associate director for local news, who is described as being good friends with Hwang Jung-min’s character.

We also have a team of bright-eyed and busy-tailed interns at the news company, lead by Yoon-ah (The King Loves) and Kyung Su-jin (Train) and includes other supporting cast as well.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/new-character-stills-for-jtbc-newsroom-drama-hush/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA And Hwang Jung Min Share Why They Chose “Hush,” Talk About Working Together, And More

95febb0477e74a4d8db09124f7789141.jpeg?s=

Dec 10, 2020
by S. Cho

Hwang Jung Min and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA spoke about working together for their upcoming drama “Hush”!

On December 10, JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Hush” held an online press conference with Hwang Jung Min, YoonA, director Choi Kyu Shik, and more.

“Hush” is about the everyday struggles and ethical dilemmas of newspaper reporters. It will portray their problems as ones that all office workers deal with, rather than just reporters. Hwang Jung Min plays Han Joon Hyuk, a veteran reporter who’s lost his passion for the work because of the harsh reality of the industry. In contrast, YoonA plays the spirited and bold intern reporter Lee Ji Soo, and Han Joon Hyuk becomes her mentor while they work on the same team.

The drama is Hwang Jung Min’s first in eight years. He shared, “I didn’t have too many concerns. I received the scripts for part one to six and I read them in all one go. It was so fun. The story was realistic and I felt that the script would allow viewers to relate and enjoy themselves so I said ‘I want to do it.’ I feel as nervous as I would if I had a performance tomorrow and were afraid to make a mistake. I think it’ll feel real after we receive feedback from viewers when the drama airs tomorrow.”

Hwang-Jung-Min.jpg

He also spoke about working with YoonA sharing, “Something I felt while working with her is how open-minded she is. Different from Lee Ji Soo, YoonA is so tolerant, and from the acting perspective I was really grateful for those overlapping aspects. When I watch from the side, you can see her eyes glimmer and they shine in her role too. When I see that, I also feel happy.”

YoonA added, “There was no reason for me not to take the role when I heard that Hwang Jung Min would be playing Han Joon Hyuk. Since he’s played such charismatic roles in films, he had a very strong image but I was thankful he approached me in a friendly wayHe also listened to a lot of my concerns regarding acting so I received a lot of help.”

She also addressed changing her hair for the role, commenting, “I’ve cut my hair short many times but it’s my first time with this cut. The script even read ‘Short-haired Ji Soo.’ I gladly cut my hair thinking that I’d do the same if I were Ji Soo.”

YoonA continued, “Ji Soo’s charm is how straightforward she is which arises from her passion and high energy. She’s a character bold enough to think of herself and speak her mind, even saying ‘Food is mightier than the pen’ at her job interview. Those aspects are so charming.”

YoonA.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1442814wpp/girls-generations-yoona-and-hwang-jung-min-share-why-they-chose-hush-talk-about-working-together-and-more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Hush, 허쉬 - Fri & Sat @ 22:50 KST

The drama started off nice enough. There was just the introduction phase that I'm going to hold off my opinion at least for the next episode, as they just introduced the characters and it was all a bit shallow as there are many characters that they couldn't do much in-depth, when we have the next episodes for that.

My impression is that the main guy has been disappointed and just tries to work on because this is his job but not really his conviction. He doesn't mind being called trash reporter, either. He has some thoughts that he does not voice out loud, but falls naturally in line when his seniors speak. Later it is found out that there was an incident with his boss but that he chose to ignore as told - and perhaps he regrets this now. 

Yoona's character is at first very invisible, hardly there on screen. The older female intern is the focus as the main guy takes care of her and has some interest in her, while it gets clear that Yoona has a special interest in the main guy. In the end it becomes clear that it was not a fleeting interest, but there is a reason why she acted as if she didn't know about him and his reputation. I will not spoiler it, but suffice it to say that the ending scene made me wonder whether this is less Misaeng and more a revenge type of drama. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I watched episode one and I liked what I saw. Maybe because I'm more partial to mature dramas that have an older cast and a storyline more substantial than first/childhood loves, visuals etc. Office dramas also bring up horrid memories of my time in employment, so I am here to reaffirm my decision to NEVER be employed ever again. lol!! 

YoonA... I actually didn't mind Prime Minister and I, in fact I quite liked it. The same cannot be said for K2 tho, though the script was the problem there (Chairlady and K2 must get together!:tears:). Unfortunately YoonA still has that girly look on her face, not womanly, which is my gripe with her. When she puts on her angry face, she looks like she's pouting..... Actors and Actresses who still have that girly/boyish look make dramas very hard to watch for me *cha eun woo*. However, I will put my prejudice aside and enjoy this drama because the story looks good. I think she'll step up to the plate.

Despite it being an office story, I want a love line between the lady called Captain and our male lead!! I'm a romantic, I don't mind an office romance! lol. 

:fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Watched the first episode, and so far I'm liking what I've seen. The first part of the episode is actually a bit flat. But the cast's acting and the lines are superb. This is not everyone's cup of tea. Most people (especially those who like romance or makjang dramas) might find Hush is kinda boring. But i feel relate to the drama. It pictures daily, working/office lives so real. 

Ep 1 is just an introduction to the drama and characters. I'm curious how they gonna develop the plot later. HJH as former integrity reporter who has broken his spirit because fabricated article thus he never write anymore and reside to being only "click bait master" just because he need "money"/salary. Or LJS, the daughter of a man who was a victim of fake news and hate comments. From ep 1 we are shown how fake news and hate speech/comments can ruin lives of innocent people. This is what the tagline of Jisoo means, "Pen is mightier than gun... But bap (rice/stapple food for most Asians) is mightier than Pen" also the ending naration of HJH, " Teardrops trickle down... But the spoon needs to go up" what a powerful mesage, sometimes in life you did something that are against your conscience, but you do it still, to survive (to provide food/live for your family). There are other issue that are so relatable too, like educational background, etc. Other powerful message from ep 1 is, "Work doesn't mean a thing if you can't feed your family

Actually this kind of drama is my fave. Because of so many life lessons and portrayals of our social/reality. But like i mention before, not all will get/like this type of drama.

10 hours ago, agenth said:

I will not spoiler it, but suffice it to say that the ending scene made me wonder whether this is less Misaeng and more a revenge type of drama

I hope if they attend this plot later it will not turn into cliche makjang revenge drama. :DI rather if they do, they address it to fit the flow of drama and the genre. Maybe to use this as tools and catalyst for the character's development. 

3 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Unfortunately YoonA still has that girly look on her face, not womanly, which is my gripe with her. When she puts on her angry face, she looks like she's pouting.....

A bit different with your opinion about her youthful look here, i somehow think one of the reason they deliberately cast her is due to her girly look, to show some contrast with HJM. The premise say they have mentor - mentee relationship, and her role is said to be fresh college graduate.. Jisoo is supposed to be young, the youngest (maknae) of them all.

About office romance, it could be possible, on the scene in toilet with his employer, HJH is said to be single. Maybe divorce now? Because on ending scene he got call from his wife...

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA And Hwang Jung Min’s New Drama “Hush” Premieres To Strong Ratings

9fd82f2f77da43cbab75df2c4a2c7ff5.jpeg?s=

Dec 12, 2020
by E. Cha

JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Hush” is off to a promising start!

“Hush” is a new series about the realistic and relatable everyday struggles of reporters. Starring Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and Hwang Jung Min, the drama aims to highlight the ways in which news reporters’ lives resemble those of ordinary office workers.

According to Nielsen Korea, the December 11 premiere of “Hush” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.4 percent. Notably, the first broadcast scored a significantly higher number of viewers than its predecessor “More Than Friends” (the drama that previously occupied its time slot), which hovered in the 1 percent range for the entirety of its run.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443006wpp/girls-generations-yoona-and-hwang-jung-mins-new-drama-hush-premieres-to-strong-ratings

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, brooksmom said:

Ok. Where is this airing in the usa? I've looked in Viki, Netflix, Kocowa, KoreaOnDemand. Me no see.  ???  :anguished:

6 minutes ago, Forever kim Yoo-Jung said:

When I heard that my favorite ahujussi actor is making a drama comeback. I was so happy. It's Hwang Jung Min!!  My favorite Korean actor of all time. I enjoyed the first two episodes. The drama has a lot of line that makes you reflect and think about life. That BAP line that Yoona character used in the interview really hit me hard because it's true in a lot of ways. The first episode ending was really sad and episode two left me crying and was heartbreaking. I am looking forward to next week. Fighting Hush team!!

I loved these two relationship:bawling::bawling:

YOONA NEW DRAMA HUSH with HWANG JUNG MIN - 1st Trailer Response ! The Most  Anticipated Drama - YouTube

Credit to the owner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Watched the first episode of the drama, and I have to say that the episode was quite solid.

Now this is a type of drama I normally wouldn't go for, but Hwang Jung Min is one of my favorite actors and having the chance to see him in a drama after such a long time shouldn't be missed.

I was quite hesitant about Yoona when I heard about the casting news, but I feel like she was quite good in the first episode. Like others have stated, I hope this doesn't turn into a revenge drama.

Instead I hope that the interns can inspire reporter Han Joon Hyuk to find his drive and inner truth as a reporter again.

Going for ep 2 tonight!

:wow1:

• Like 3

Finish watching ep2.... I was flabbergasted. The drama is brutally real. The actings are so believable that I can't help feeling like being punched by harsh reality. This is definitely not everyone cup of tea. HJM and KSJ's performances are jjang!!

I will comeback and write my opinion later, right now I'm still too heavily influenced by what I just watched. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 12/14/2020 at 8:12 AM, memine said:

Finish watching ep2.... I was flabbergasted. The drama is brutally real. The actings are so believable that I can't help feeling like being punched by harsh reality. This is definitely not everyone cup of tea. HJM and KSJ's performances are jjang!!

I will comeback and write my opinion later, right now I'm still too heavily influenced by what I just watched. 

I can 100% relate. I watched ep 2 last night and i am still processing. 

And it was so weird yesterday because after the episode i looked here, mdl, reddit, discord servers etc to to see what reactions other people had. Maybe read up on a little discussion. Things that can help me process. But there is just nothing there. It feels like noone has watched it or everyone just keeps hush about it. I don't know. That just felt weird to me.

I just watched this and there is noone else who feels the need to talk about it??

Maybe people don't really know where to start, what to say. I feel the same way but i try to organize my thoughts in a post later today or tomorrow.

• Like 1