[Drama 2020/2021] Hush, 허쉬

larus

At last after some time, finally a drama of quality!!!!!!! I was hesitant at first but damn when the interview scene came and “Bap is mightier than rice” was said, it was a moment. Getting misaeng flashbacks but at the same time its different from misaeng, really different. Glad to have started this and damn i finally have another drama on my list beside uncanny counter. The acting on this one is just superb and I really like the writing, similar to FoS but lighter and less technical but that doesnt mean that I dont like FoS, i mean hit me with those technical shizz, anyway if anyone is hesitant on whether or not this is a must watch, definitely one of the better dramas the country has to offer for this year, really apt for the year end, lets end this freaked year with a bang, and yoona you have proven me wrong, finally a drama that shows her prowess as an actor, give me moreeeeeeeeeee!!!! And also for soo yeon’s actor, give me more tearsssssssss!!!!

• Like 1

This drama is really intense. I did not expect the 2nd ep to be like that. My SooSoo ship T.T KSJ's acting was amazing af.

Ep 3 was as good too. I think the pace of it is not too slow or too fast. I look forward to tonight's episode!

P.S. I just made an account here to support Yoona's drama. I also downloaded IQiyi to watch it there

#Hush #HushHwaiting #Yoona

k-pop shut up GIF

Edited by I am Momo
  • Like 1

Reading the comments here had made me apprehensive... while I watched Episode 2, by halfway point I predicted what was going to happen to the older intern. The way she kept crying, it just made it more desperate. This must be the catalyst that finally brings out the reporter's desire and passion again, for the job to not be just a job anymore. He really took a shine on her, tried to support her, but in the end succumbed to the system of the newsroom and its hierarchy. 

I hadn't watched Episode 2 until now, as this series is not light-hearted really and has to be focused on, not just watched while doing something else. 

Uhhhhh, the gang reminds me so much of Reply 1988 and almost Hospital Playlist from earlier this year, their standpoints and views as well as BGM just makes me appreciate this drama more, im not gonna demand anything more, just give me more episodes to ponder upon

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Discusses Her Character In “Hush” And Shares What It’s Like To Work With Hwang Jung Min

4c90be9165a9470baae117e5efeffc41.jpeg?s=

Dec 21, 2020
by L. Kim

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA recently participated in a pictorial and interview for Harper’s Bazaar!

YoonA posed as her character Lee Ji Soo from her latest drama “Hush.” The idol-turned-actress showcased a “career woman” look with glasses, short hair, and confident poses.

“Hush” is about the everyday struggles and ethical dilemmas of newspaper reporters. Hwang Jung Min takes the role of Han Joon Hyuk, a veteran reporter who’s lost his passion for the work because of the harsh reality of the industry. YoonA plays the spirited and bold intern reporter Lee Ji Soo, and Han Joon Hyuk becomes her mentor while they work on the same team.

In the interview following the photo shoot, YoonA talked about “Hush.” First, she mentioned her character, saying, “Lee Ji Soo’s biggest charms are her clear thoughts and the way she boldly says whatever is on her mind.”

YoonA also shared what it was like to work with Hwang Jung Min. She commented, “Our drama is based on creating a team together, so he thinks the actors’ teamwork is the most important. He is eager to answer any questions I have, and we share our acting concerns with each other.”

Then she said, “‘Hush’ is a drama that allows you to look into a person’s life through the profession of a journalist. I’m sure everyone who works will be able to relate to it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444597wpp/girls-generations-yoona-discusses-her-character-in-hush-and-shares-what-its-like-to-work-with-hwang-jung-min

• Like 2

On 12/12/2020 at 1:24 PM, memine said:

A bit different with your opinion about her youthful look here, i somehow think one of the reason they deliberately cast her is due to her girly look, to show some contrast with HJM. The premise say they have mentor - mentee relationship, and her role is said to be fresh college graduate.

Fair enough.

I just keep having to remind myself that she's actually 30 years old in real life and not 18.... One of the rare cases when "Asian Don't Raisin" isn't working. I guess I am comparing her to other actresses who can pull off the young but womanly look. She just looks young. But that is neither here nor there, I will move on.

Episode 3 and 4... I'll have to re-watch because I kept drifting off into space. Seeing those bosses try to cover up the issue brought back horrible memories of my time in employment, I couldn't get into the story with how personal it got. LOL. Bosses can be the WORST!

However, a question.... Is JiSoo even the main cast? At this point she is not even supporting cast, she's almost like an extra!! I found myself rewriting the story in my head and editing the character out, and the plot can actually remain solid!! :huh::crazy: Eeek!!

Is a perennially scowling face a mark of good acting? The character is irritating, to say the least, so I skipped her part. She's so full of herself since day one when she hasn't done anything to be proud of. I like the other cast members, though. The story is frustrating, but it is common in the dramas I've watched so far - top execs being in the payroll of politicians and conglomerates, so what else is new. It would be good if the ML truly investigates what's going on with Daily Korea, as his prosecutor friend suggested.

What I cannot understand is the reporter who's after the all the freebies she gets from the people she interviews. She was told to issue an apology and resign. But she's still there and harassing the interns. What gives?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BF.25024629.1.jpg

On the 16th, ahead of the 10th episode, JTBC Friday and Saturday drama'Hirsch' released a still cut containing the aftermath of the cataclysmic storm that came to Han Jun-hyuk (played by Hwang Jung-min). Although they have been walking toward the destination of'the truth', attention is focused on the actions of each of Han Jun-hyuk and Lee Ji-soo (played by Lim Yoon-ah), who are now at different crossroads. The sudden change of Han Joon-hyuk's hidden insides also raises questions.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2021011689034

Stills

202101140948187326.jpg

https://mnews.jtbc.joins.com/News/Article.aspx?news_id=NB11988039

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Hush, 허쉬
  • 4 months later...

I'm kinda late to this drama, just watched episode 3 and i still cant understand why did the older intern Oh Soo  Yeon "kill" herself? What's with her background aka universities having to do with being employed as a reporter? Is this the current culture in SK? I like how the drama highlights the realistic truth in a society and how the characters protrayal can be anyone of us...

• Like 1