[Drama 2020] Eighteen Again, 18 어게인

0ly40

24 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

@supergal99 DID YOU NOTICE THE FULL MOON THIS TIME??

Er.....ahh......mmmmmmm....  ehhhhhh...... 

Hey chakaman! Another man you have been waiting for!:

giphy.gif

Supercool - he CAN fly !! Hahahah....

I guess everyone is at YT instead of here haahhahaha...

Edit: giphy.gif

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Eighteen Again, 18 어게인
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Another man you have been waiting for!

i'm glad that Woo Young spoke to Miss Ok beforehand.. it was a foolproof lie anyway, going back to US to his real dad (which also cleared the part about leaving the school without a proper farewell).

i love the friendship too

and Ae Rin.. likely with the younger anchor. he was totally impressed with her at the police station!

staring in love GIF

14 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

and Ae Rin.. likely with the younger anchor. he was totally impressed with her at the police station!

Ahhh yesss writer is so kind to give her a romance line too hahahah - i read comments in YT some are still shipping her n Ironman! 

And some are surprised at the kisseu:  erhmmm... me too!! 

And another good scene is this - the besties paragliding ...woweee... 

(Oh reminds of a recent variety show where IU and Yoo JinGoo did the same sport hahaha...should be the same location ?!)

20201110_231717.jpg

Clip https://youtu.be/ofR1d_0t46Q

And hopefully we get subs for this bts finale!

:allgoodlol:

4 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

And another good scene is this - the besties paragliding ...woweee... 

(Oh reminds of a recent variety show where IU and Yoo JinGoo did the same sport hahaha...should be the same location ?!)

anything paragliding only reminds me of (spoiler) and nothing else! not even Ae Rin or Da Jung... oops!

Spoiler

Hyun Bin Love GIF by The Swoon

and, i'm trying my luck to pull @Ameera Ali here.. even though the drama has already ended lol.

OMG I have not watched ep 15 or the finale as at work and last night got caught up with other stuff. I figured I would watch them together. (Somehow the subs come out REALLY late for me.)

I like hearing what happened and sad this gem is over.

Thanks for the  spoilers. @sadthe1st @supergal99

I cannot wait to watch but sad to say farewell to this gem.

12 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

anything paragliding only reminds me of (spoiler) and nothing else! not even Ae Rin or Da Jung... oops!

Ooppss... i totally forgot about that crash landing drama hahahahah... 

Sorray for the late reply coz my crush was crash landing on me (the whole nite) with his supercool moves hahahahah:tounge_xd: (ok pardon me pls gimme chance to eehm.... [cough~] promote him heeeee)

:heart2:

GoodInfamousFattaileddunnart-size_restri

@sadthe1st

Hey hey your (old) man is back ! In the making - awww... should be the final clip ya?

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Still waiting on ep 16 subs ...

Same here i need the subs ! I still cant figure out how he transformed back to the older self??

Was expecting another basketball magical scene actually. 

ahhhh... i want HiS magical basketball >> to make all my wishes come true hahahhaha:

ezgif-2-6b6cad13cf69.gif

Glad I peeked in here, after watching ep 15 I was like ....

The standard kdramaverse nonsensical episode 15 break up was in full effect ... its good to hear 16 ends well 

Mmm... the breakup was necessary and acceptable for me though. Coz it was still unknown if he could transform back again. Plus they have to get to the root cause of their divorce - 'regret'.:grimace:

anway ... patiently waiting for the subs!! :sipsboba:

24 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Hey hey your (old) man is back !

HAHAHAHA

thanks chingu @supergal99 for the bts; it has more scenes than what's in the drama.. i guess a lot are being cut off.

are those Yoon Sang Hyun's little girls?

cute baby GIF

27 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

I still cant figure out how he transformed back to the older self??

i think the moment he made the same decision to give up the tournament and chase after Da Jung for the second time, let him transform back.

last time at 18 when Da Jung told him she was pregnant, he probably made the decision and later felt he regretted it.

but now at 18 again when all the kids are grown up, he still made the same decision and was affirmed that what he did 18 years ago was the best decision. (need the eng subs)

that's how it was in the 17 Again US movie too!

seriously love this drama!

and, @supergal99 you can crash land in peace later tonight hahaha

Awww finally watched ep 15 and 16 last night. I was teary and LOVED this gem of a drama. LDH was amazing! Def deserves recognition in this role. He had a lot and was such a star!

@rocher22 Nice pics!

@backstreetboysfan I figured it would have a happy ending and GLAD I watched this gem.

@sadthe1st Thanks for sharing how he turns back. It makes sense and he had to do that journey to realize he has so much and not REGRET his decisions. So beautiful.

@supergal99 Love your post thanks. Plus I TOO had a big crush on Ji Hoon. This drama has me put this actor in my radar.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437144wpp/kim-ha-neul-yoon-sang-hyun-lee-do-hyun-and-more-bid-farewell-to-18-again-with-closing-remarks

Thoughts right now

- Glad that HDY wrapped up WY life and told the teacher that SeokJin was his adoptive dad and NOT real dad. The actor said in an article he appreciated the cool wardrobe and love line and KISS that he usually doesn't get. Awww.  Glad that the teacher was happy that HDY was supportive of his daughter not wanting to go to college but Beauty School. (time the kids as WY did pay off)

-Scene when JH realized who WY was and still able to be formal but looking at WY was weird. I loved how he immediately dropped SA hands and she took it back in front of WY. She told him you are the first to know. Then WY/HDY teasing JH and saying I will give you money for dates with SA. Cute.

-DJ and HDY as WY on dates. It was uncomfortable when she was recognized and they thought WY was her son. Glad that JH covered up SA NOT to see them hugging. (Smart man and later goes to med school. Glad that HDY liked him alot. It was cute how he said you were NEVER rude to me --HDY/WY said to JH. awww) DJ shining and them being honest and talking about why wanting to divorce. Her letting him go and trying the noble idiocy route (ugggh) glad that HDY stomped over that in the bridge and then turn back.  But you know it had to be done to get him to say what he needed to say. Also he thought she was cheating when she thought he regretted his current life and wanted him to try to be happy getting the chance to go to college/do BB to try to live life without them.

-HDY and DJ telling the kids they wanted to get back together and SA saying why you need to ask? Finally a nice family meal with no belligerent looks and actual smiles and warmth. You miss your loved ones and to have time to be with them and talk. Distance does make a heart grow fonder , you take that person for granted . 

-Seeing SH telling WY that he was fearful of disappointing his dad if he was not good in Basketball. The fact he perked up and wanted to win to show his dad his FINAL chance to play in High School Awww was great and to have friends now even with former bully now ally JS. I loved how the team was a TEAM and NO one person was trying to hog the limelight.

-SJ as IRONMAN to get the gal was cute. Then the scene where DJ and WY pretend to "prank" their friends and the lawyer friend was hilarious. I am glad she MIGHT have that male anchor be a love interest in the future. Glad he does end up dating the teacher-his crush.

-JH such a sweetie pie. Thanks to DJ telling him to be "uncle' and understanding to not be called dad to take out her most important person who is gone. The mom was cruel but glad that DJ and HDY bonded with the niece. HDY got thanked by JH. He bowed out like a gentleman and he admitted that HDY is a great man. I KNEW he did not cause the accident. His personality is not one to shy away from responsibility. The fact it was revealed he saved JH niece and missed saving the brother. Not wanting to be compensated is true to HDY.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for being with me in this delightful drama ride.

See you around and still sad this drama ended.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:32 PM, sadthe1st said:

thanks chingu @supergal99 for the bts; it has more scenes than what's in the drama.. i guess a lot are being cut off.

Oh did u catch Ironman hugging teacher Ok ??  heeee.... I am not familiar with this actress but she is very petite and slim and v attractive ... hahaa so funny to see this pairing for the first time.

Spoiler

20201112_152843.gif

5fa797a8121c7339029416.gif

are those Yoon Sang Hyun's little girls?

Omo u stumped me with this qn - ahjussi not in my radar hahahah... but i wikipedia his profile and yes ! He has 2 young daughters ! The wife and kids get to attend the 'spoiler wedding' wow! (But they have to 'zip' and not leak out the ending hahahh)

but now at 18 again when all the kids are grown up, he still made the same decision and was affirmed that what he did 18 years ago was the best decision. (need the eng subs)

that's how it was in the 17 Again US movie too!

Ahh.. yeap!  Finally i caught the subs late last nite - so the transformation really occured when he mentioned his kids ezgif-2-7253611ff9ce43100341aae40cf9.gif 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:16 PM, sadthe1st said:

the finale clip is really heartwarming.. and realistic too! like, even if they got together again there is still all the little squabbles (being "thrown out" to sleep on the sofa!)

AND.. @supergal99 DID YOU NOTICE THE FULL MOON THIS TIME??

Oh gosh i feel like i need to analyse  the MOON again hahahah - not one but two in ep 16!

Spoiler

FineWastefulDassie-size_restricted.gif

Oh wait ... so does it mean that they will only lovey dovey on the days that have full moon and the rest they will have squables ?!?! Hahahahah.... ok ok juz joking ya!:tounge_xd:

Come to think of it the FULL moon is very symbollic for the finale - everything is complete and rounded up well !!

Apart from the comedic relief scenes - I actually like those scenes showing that the older Dae Young has changed to be a better husband and father - plus his career as Dajung's manager (his dressing is erhmm... more stylish now heee) + kids basketball coach hahahah...  and he is not stingy with expressing himself now especially saying "I miss u" to his wife. 

*Whisper* Oh I think i need to get my bf to practise basketball erhmm...mmmm --> ezgif-2-4d54911b2b81.gif so this is parallel to the first time he ask her out if i rem correctly :) ?

14 hours ago, Nodame said:

@supergal99 Love your post thanks. Plus I TOO had a big crush on Ji Hoon. This drama has me put this actor in my radar.

and, @supergal99 you can crash land in peace later tonight hahaha

Ahhhh... mmmmm.. Nodame and me need to crash land on that Ice Cream place heh heh heh >> ezgif-2-1e18a2106b44.gif mmm poke @Nodame you'hv got great taste! :)

(Lick lick --  erhmm... on the ice cream :glasses:)

14 hours ago, Nodame said:

Thanks to everyone in this forum for being with me in this delightful drama ride.

See you

THANKS to u too!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

And yes.. sadly looking at the 'Goodbye 18 Again' gif sets posted Jtbc IG https://www.instagram.com/p/CHcgwmjHecV/?igshid=17zzqublt0kul it is a reminder that the drama has come to an end... but "our lives continue" >> quote the ending narration by our older Dae Young 

In life even if you miss out on happiness

as long as you have that one person who will look for happiness with you

your life will be worth living

Dont forget that you love each other

be disappointed that you cannot cherish each other better

and promise for a better tomorrow

Just like that our lives will continue

ezgif-2-e00a7d269f94.gif

Erhmmm.. pardon me suddenly this song "Cherish...cherish..." pops up in my head 

Spoiler

[Chorus]
Cherish the thought
Of always having you here by my side
Oh baby, I cherish the joy
You keep bringing it into my life
I'm always singing it, cherish your strength
You got the power to make me feel good
And baby, I perish the thought
Of ever leaving, I never would

16 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The writer could have somehow sent the message that contraceptives 

should be used especially in those teenage years...

Oh ok.. my take is ...

Spoiler

No matter how much u are in love .... 

Must apply emergency brake :sweatingbullets:

AridPeriodicBluebird-size_restricted.gif

Ok ya i mean 'speeding'  heeee ...vroom vroom~~ ♡

On 11/11/2020 at 3:59 PM, rocher22 said:

The writer could have somehow sent the message that contraceptives 

should be used especially in those teenage years

Definitely important to know about. But watching how much they struggled as young parents show the reality of teenage pregnancy. It is enough to make people think deeply about that to me. At the same time deliver it is not the end of the world either and the fact that they both did take responsibility for their kids present what kind of people they are. I like that the drama did not judge them in any way but just deliver their story and the impact it did make on them. In the end it is a story about this family and how they grow apart, but also how they grow closer again with dad turning young again.

So with the end of the drama here I really just want to say I really love the warm feeling watching it and how uplifting it is. Really comfort drama. :D 

:fullofhearts: jtbc continues to dish out some goodies!

Fanservice :

Appreciation of his crying scenes!

This is happening live later at jtbc YT channel!

This drama is still ongoing at Viu (and i read that Netflix is picking it up too) so i guess more will be watching sooner or later. 

:approves:

18 Again cast interview

We managed to snag an interview with the main cast – Yoon Sang-hyun, Kim Ha-neul, and Lee Do-hyun – and find out more about what they were like as 18-year-olds, the dreams and regrets they have, and what they’d tell their younger selves.

Full article here>>https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesmartlocal.com/korea/18-again-interview/amp/

Archived