• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Soo seems like he has a jaded view of relationships. His parents marriage must have scarred him with all their screaming and fighting. It also seems like his parents were probably friends before they got married and then after they divorced they returned to being friends. The end result of this is that Lee Soo wants to live his life selfishly, only thinking of himself. This is probably why he has been telling Woo Yeon repeatedly to think only of herself.

In any case, I find it hard to root for him to be with Woo Yeon. The girl confessed to him twice and he rejected her. I don’t like what I see in the preview either. Woo Yeon wants to put a final end to their friendship but it seems like he keeps showing up in front her. I hope she succeeds in shutting him out. Since she doesn’t want to be friends with him anymore, he should respect that. It’s been ten years already and he has never accepted her feelings for him. 

I must say I am at least glad that this story is not like Taiwanese drama In Time With You and its Korean and Japanese counterparts.

While I enjoyed the first episode for setting the stage with misunderstandings, the second episode went down hill fast. Lee Soo does not come off as a character to sympathize with. He is cold and selfish to the point of being cruel, and I was actually glad Woo Yeon walked away from him in the end.

If Lee Soo has a backstory that explains all this then they better get to it with more than vague flashbacks, he also better start treating Woo Yeon a bit nicer too..... I'm already starting to root for the second ML.

Watching the drama because of Ong! (any Wannable?)

For the story so far, I agree with @celebrianna's view on Lee Soo. I wonder if it is even possible to stay in love with someone for so long when you have been rejected twice and you haven't seen each other in years? I think Lee Soo definitely cares about Wooyeon with his act of worrying about Wooyeon but he refuse to call that love as a result of his family trauma (?). I'm still quite confused:joy:

Anyway, the pace of the show is still good so far and I'm curious about how the story will be unveiled to justify the behavior of Lee Soo. 

I don't know how is this cute and lovable? The ML is super annoying and toxic. Just let the girl live her life! If you can't return her feelings for whatever reason don't keep appearing before her, being nice to her, giving her hope! Let her move on with her life. Just stay away. You cannot be so selfish!

I'm sorry but I am not liking the ML. He is hurtful and in real life, this cannot be construed as anything cute or romantic.

I am interested in the SL backstory. So, the step mother' is his first love? Ouch! That surly hurts and must have left deep scars. 

At the moment not liking the ML at all but I know FL is going to end with the jerk and he better regret, repent and grovel to deserve her after all the hell he gave her for 10 years! :rage:

@confusedheart326 I definitely agree with you that the story between Lee Soo and Woo Yeon so far is not lovable at all. I'm still trying to get my head around how the writer is going to make the story reasonable (if WY did end up with LS) :joy:  Jun Soo has the approach WAY better than LS - so I guess JS for the win?

PS: LS reminded me of Lee Hwa Shin from Jealousy Incarnate as they both rejected the female lead before but ended up regretting it after years

This show makes my heart/tummy ache - just something about the ML/FL interactions, the fact he is so against relationships and love because he doesn't want to end up like his parents. He cares for FL quite a lot and doesn't want to lose what they have for a relationship that he believes won't work. And so frustrating for her too cos as SOOOON as she is like ok i'm DONE, he starts to panic and notice the line she is putting down and he doesn't like it and is asserting himself in a way that just isn't appropriate and yet I feel like I get why he is doing it. It's the first time I think I feel so torn between ML/FL getting together (eventually) but also thinking that the SML is better for the FL and she deserves to be treated well. 

Ahh just so many feels for me, this show and the way the relationships are set up are making me ache big time. Like end of ep 4, the little epilogue, made me tear up! 

Finally watched Episode 4. I am really liking the SML. I know liking him is going to be futile because I am setting myself up for heartbreak. But I like the gentle budding romance between him and the FL. He seems like a decent guy who got hurt and is cautious but at the same time willing to try again and value the person. I think it's very important in a relationship that we value and cherish the our partners. I really liked what he said about him never losing anything precious. Most importantly, I really appreciate his honesty, coming clean about him being the receiver of her drunken calls. 

I am not sure what the makers are trying to do because although I can sympathize with the ML, I don't like him. He needs to heal his emotional scars before he can  open his heart to anyone. He cannot even forgive his parents. 

I think sometimes we forget that before being our parents, they are individuals too. The parents tried their best to offer the olive branch but the ML is too stubborn to see beyond his own hurt. Again, this is contrast to the SML 's actions. He was hurt. He loved a woman for long but she chose his brother over him. He is happy for her. He is cautious but open when love finally knocks at his door. 

I am not at all for the Bad boy ML. I very much prefer the gentle, comforting romance  that reassures me.

But with the way things are lately, obviously the ML and FL  will end up together. He has a lot of healing and forging to do if he ever hopes to be happy in his life. I hope good sense prevails and for once the K-drama gods would let the 'good' guy win the girl.

@confusedheart326 Thanks for your thoughts I agree wholeheartedly.

@teegyj  @Y.Q. @LeftCoastOppa @littlemay

Thanks @Jillia my friend for the OST MV and BTS clip.

As others expressly mentioned ML has trauma from his parents situation (saw 3-4 raw) and got majority of it but not fair to FL to string her along. He OBVIOUSLY cares and in his ways just won't let go and make a relationship he feels will be doomed to fail. He is not brave in venturing further and is VERY afraid of intimacy with the FL. From leaving the sunglasses to have our FL see it to return to him. He def was using that excuse. Or seeing the pic of her with the others in that work outing, he actually went to the bar and then tracked her to "save" her from the SML thinking he was a pervert (not seeing him clearly). For a guy who claims to NOT like FL he doth protest too much.

I am TOO on the SML ship. I agree I loved he came clean to FL. It was hard and embarrassing but if they ever got together and she found out, it would be WAY uglier. Better be honest from the get go, good job.

Since I did not see subs, the old classmate putting down FL in the cafe and ML was going to say something but FL stood up for herself when insinuated she was jobless/unemployed as calligraphy is a HOBBY. FL was a BOSS saying well I have a book coming out. (In your FACE annoying classmate!)

SML assistant/friend funny how he was like ok FRIEND MODE don't tell FL. Then back in WORK MODE ok boss will handle this matter. LOL.  Glad he has someone by his side who keeps it real with him.

ML asking FL to help him unpack. Really? Wow. Shaking my head. She keeps trying to assert to kick him to the curb. But he knew she couldn't with the job possibility and then making excuses to hang out with her. ON TOP saying what is your relationship with SML. Seriously for a guy who DOESN'T want to date the FL, she protest and CARE way too much. I agree the friends--just GO.

Kim Young Hee the working friend with long term BF, she depicts what life is like for someone in Korea. I had language partner friends talk about what they DID for their inlaws. The fact BF said in car, she treated you like a daughter. Loved how she pointed out how ALL the sisters treated her and the baby just arrived in time to avoid cooking. Second sister kept eating and mainly all the work was done by her ALL the WHOLE TIME. If this is being treated like a daughter then I gave her kudos to her telling her bf Hyun Jae that NO I don't want it.

The other solo friend Jin Joo, will she give Sang Hyuk a chance? She took the Chinese class (I got some of her Chinese but not all of it) to look for study mates (none) and potential guys to date---nada. Got to give her kudos/props for trying.

Woo Yeon's FL parents coming out and saw the SML and were very curious about him. LOL I would be too if I were them. 

I agree with you @Nodame and @confusedheart326  I am really enjoying the SML character and his approach to things. I think it is no mistake that he is showing a healthier approach compared to our ML. But for me it is just a murky mess of feelings between liking both male characters and seeing their pain and how they have or haven't managed to deal with it. I've settled that I am just going to be feeling a level of discomfort watching this but I'm still so compelled to watch it all. 

I am also enjoying seeing the FL start to really stand up for herself and set her boundaries, even if it is still difficult to stay away from the ML. I know that kind of pull some guys have. Gawddammit. 

@NodameOh don't even get me started on the ML's manipulative ways. Again, I like how the SML is straightforward and admits to looking for 'excuses' to be with the FL. I was a puddle of emotions when he asked how many excuses were required till none were needed to see her in future. The guy is literally wearing his heart on his sleeve, what more do you need woman?

As for the ML, he is so cunning and manipulative and does whatever suits him without considering others. Leaving behind his sunglasses, asking her to help him settle down and the stopping her from leaving and meeting the CEO. My question is, had we not known he was the ML and not swayed by his handsomeness alone, would a woman really consider him worthy of her time and love? He is a manipulative handsome man who will always be selfish.

I am not sure how they are going to show a sea change in him. He has a lot to catch up on, if he wants to be a better guy than the SML. 

Archived