[Scheduled Maintenance] Soompi Light/Evolution Mode Themes will be temporarily offline from 14:00 EST to 20:00 EST

@Sejabin i know you are worried,  this is an account or the tale of someone who stay in China who is a Malaysian, this might help you out a little in handling the issues

@triplem @Sushimi @Lawyerh @cenching @stroppyse  @Ameera Ali  @kokodus @staygold @bedifferent @nrllee @Lmangla @packmule3& all that i didnt mentioned, take care of yourself....

Covid-19 Pandemic 

For those who didn't know, I've been in China Chongqing all these while when this circus started in end Jan. The whole world was watching China then, and now that China have it under control, we are watching this whole panic thing happening around the world. Maybe I can share my experience how I kept myself safe.  

Well first of all, it was not just Hubei and Wuhan that was in lockdown. Basically the whole of China was in lockdown. So the people of Hubei and Wuhan cannot leave their city. While in CQ we can't leave our residential compound. Yup, you read me right. We are given a permit to allow 1 pax from 1 household to exit and enter the residential compound every 2 or 3 days to get essential stuff, depending on how serious the situation is in your area. Everyone needs to get their body temperature checked upon entering any building at any time. And when I say essential stuff it really is essential stuff, back then during the curfew only markets, supermarkets, pharmacies, designated clinics and such are allowed to operate.  So no hanging around,  wandering around the streets aimlessly coz nothing else is open. And if you are wandering around, you'll be strongly advised by the patrolling police to get back home. 

This curfew has been for 40days. So yes, we (basically the whole of China) have all been in a curfew/lockdown for that long. And that's billions of people we are talking about. It may be enforced by law, but everyone is willingly and voluntarily isolating themselves. No school, no work! This really is THE WAY TO STOP THE SPREADING! 

Isolation and quarantined is violating human rights? Please, what's human right if you end up 6ft under. 

And so, if I needed to go out to get essentials this is what I did, and still am doing. I usually just get my groceries that can last 1-2weeks, just so I don't need to go out too often and lower my risk of contraction.  I don't stock up on anything, esp toilet paper ahem... 

1. Face mask on (this is strongly enforced here, one can get arrested if they refused to) 
2. Have my hand sanitizer and a small bottle of 75% alcohol spray with me.  
3. Once I leave my house, If I touch the lift buttons or anything else, I'll make sure to sanitize my hands before I get in my car and start touching everything else. (I refuse to use a tissue or glove cause I don't want to create unnecessary rubbish, I can live with dry hand skin) 
* So if you need to take the public transport and need to hold the handles/poles, just make sure you sanitise your hands as soon as you leave the bus/ train. 
4. Go about getting my stuff. I don't touch my face especially my eyes nose and mouth when I'm out. If I really need to rub my eyes I will sanitise my hands [see the pattern here?] and use the inner part of my shirt to rub my eyes. 
5. Done with shopping. Place stuff in car and sanitise hands. 
6. Get home. Wash hands with soap and water, take off mask, bin it or hang it somewhere to air for reuse. Wash hands again! 
7. Change my clothes and toss it directly into the washing machine, wash with 60℃ water. Hang my winter jackets in the balcony to air. Shower immediately.  
8. Disinfect my groceries, those with packaging and my reusable shopping bags.  
9. Disinfect car keys, door handle & lock and my handphones! HANDPHONES PEOPLE! 

So, this is my SOP. It really is fairly simple. 

1. MASK MASK MASK!!! Seriously! You are protecting yourself and everyone around you. It is contagious even before symptoms surfaces. If you can't get disposable, get those woven sewn with changeable non woven layers. It's available out there. Search for it.  
2. WASH your hands and don't touch your MEN (mouth, eyes, nose)
3. Stay away from crowds pleaseeeee.  Limit your activities to need base. One month without social activities really won't kill anyone! 
4. Oh right, I no longer use cash in China, it's all e-payment. So if you've handled cash, you know the drill ya. Sanitise! (your hands, not the cash) 

It takes everyone to stop this from spreading. If you still think this is just a normal FLU and not taking any precautions, then you really are a danger to the community at this moment in time.  

Peace out.  Stay calm.  
Malaysian in Chongqing. 
12/3/2020

P/s There really isn't any need to stock up on TOILET PAPER laa !

• Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sejabin said:

@angelangie

I went to our family doctor last evening and she said I only got common flu. Runny nose and a bit fever. She gave me paracetamol, cetirizine, vit C and dexametasone 0,5

I hope this viruses can not reach my place.  Our weather temperature in here mostly between 30-35 celcius degrees. They said covid 19 can only survives 20 mins in this temperature. Hot and dry in here.

We already got bad damage after earthquakes and tsunami and thousands die in here. I hope there will be a mercy for us a bit. 

just for pre-caution follow the above steps....that will help you you levy out your worries abit....

its a bit sadist to say this however whatever will come will come.....we can only braces ourselves for it and take it on as best as we can...the more you worries the worst it will be

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

18 minutes ago, triplem said:

Unfortunately no mask available at all . All pharmacies stocked out ? How ? 

**ahem**

make ur own :x or use handkerchief? 

• LOL 3

Thank you @angelangie! Here Annual exams for schools have got preponed, no exams at all for primary kids. Some IT companies have strictly asked for work from home. Other offices keep monitoring body temperatures daily. No in-person meetings, only through phones. Sports events are getting rescheduled. But I haven't seen people panicking yet. Plenty of tissue papers available in market but we don't consume them like the rest of the world. :sweatingbullets: There has been a Cholera outbreak to add to the madness. Thankfully local authorities have sealed close some eateries.

I don't have much info except what the news media is giving us. But I wish people were more careful. No lockdowns yet.

2 hours ago, Sejabin said:

They said covid 19 can only survives 20 mins in this temperature. Hot and dry in here.

It is getting hotter here as well. But the first COVID-19 death has reported. 77 patients in hospital related to the virus. Also number of people quarantined. Matter of time before this flares up. I pray it doesn't.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

@angelangie

Thanks-will try to stay safe. Don't know what the govt was thinking to allow this gathering to go on. Should have canceled it for the safety of the participants. 

On 3/13/2020 at 1:30 PM, Sejabin said:

@angelangie

I went to our family doctor last evening and she said I only got common flu. Runny nose and a bit fever. She gave me paracetamol, cetirizine, vit C and dexametasone 0,5

I hope this viruses can not reach my place.  Our weather temperature in here mostly between 30-35 celcius degrees. They said covid 19 can only survives 20 mins in this temperature. Hot and dry in here.

We already got bad damage after earthquakes and tsunami and thousands die in here. I hope there will be a mercy for us a bit. 

@Sejabin

Don't understand why your doctor gave you dexamethasone-it's a steroid. For the symptoms you're having-it's a bit of an overkill. 

Not to be a wet blanket but Iran can be hot, right? It had a lot of cases and about 15% death rate. Some think that it's bcos of bad medical facilities and it was under sanction. But that theory of the virus not doing as well in hot weather may be true. Dunno. Maybe it was winter and cold in Iran too. That one apparently started with ?a few Iranians travelling to China to buy wholesale stuff. I really feel for you cos you had so many bad things happen in your region.

1) Don't go out unless necessary. Means you go to work, buy groceries only. Create your own "clean" environment" in your house.  I personally don't take visitors in my house any more

2) Sanitise Sanitise Sanitise. Create sprays with diluted Dettol etc to spray your work desk etc. When you come home, go straight to bathe and change your outside clothes. If you can get hold of Chlorhexidine-put some in your shower liquid and shampoo. Dettol shower liquid too drying on the skin.

3) I've been writing this in the private thread @angelangie and I are in. the Covid virus is 0.12 microns in size. The 3 ply mask pores are too big-useless as protection. Its main use is for a person who has the common flu to wear it so won't infect the surrounding people. N95 is 0.3 micron -a bit more than 2x the size the size of the Covid but it offers up to 75-80% protection. But once worn-must be thrown away. 

3) Take Vit D3 with some calcium. The calcium increases the absorption of Vitamins D. Women can take more calcium cos we need more for our bones. Men discouraged from taking much cos can get higher risk of kidney stones. My respiratory physician said Vit D boosts lung immunity. 

@angelangie

Well played ! I didn't want to post in any public Soompi thread after that bullying experience in +/- thread. I'm not scared. Just so p##sed !

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 3/10/2020 at 9:29 PM, Sejabin said:

27 positives covid 19 in Indonesia. I am scared. 

@Sejabin Please don't be scared. That's a very low figure. Just control your own environment. @angelangie has posted a lot of good reports on how to stay as safe as possible like that account from the Malaysian Chinese in Chongqing. Where do you work? Are you seeing new customers all the time or are you in the office kinda backroom support staff? If you're backroom support staff-then you're "safer". Whatever religion you are, consider not attending church/temple/mosque for the next few weeks. My church already started webcasting a couple of weeks ago and cancelled all group activities. If there are school kids in your house, seriously consider not letting them go to school. If my sons were still going to school, I would definitely have kept them home and write a letter to their teachers/principal saying they have measles and can't go to school for one month :D.

But seriously please don't live in fear. Fear=stress=lower immunity. Be pro active and take control of your own environment and keep it as clean as possible. 

Oh-there was a case in ?HK?China where the husband and wife sprayed one another with alcohol. The wife then went to cook dinner. Somehow a spark from the stove leapt to her body setting her on fire cos she's covered with alcohol. She died and the kitchen exploded. :tears: So be careful when you use alcohol, ok? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Adotonly. hope you're keeping well. I know you and @Asohib  are close friends in real life. She's signed out of Soompi so can you please tell her to keep safe and stay healthy. Please let me know how the both of you are doing. Praying for your good health. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And starting today malls, offices, all schools, colleges, pubs have closed till end of the month. 3 more states have done the same. Ban on public gatherings, restrictions on number of people attending weddings, and other ceremonies.

Curious cases -  People (with infection) seem to be running/escaping quarantine and shamelessly spreading the virus!!! Makes one wonder what they were thinking!!! If I were quarantined I would be relieved thinking someone is watching over me even though I would be scared whether I would recover. There have been atleast 3 cases where people knowingly have avoided being isolated for treatment.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, staygold said:

And starting today malls, offices, all schools, colleges, pubs have closed till end of the month. 3 more states have done the same. Ban on public gatherings, restrictions on number of people attending weddings, and other ceremonies.

Curious cases -  People (with infection) seem to be running/escaping quarantine and shamelessly spreading the virus!!! Makes one wonder what they were thinking!!! If I were quarantined I would be relieved thinking someone is watching over me even though I would be scared whether I would recover. There have been atleast 3 cases where people knowingly have avoided being isolated for treatment.

my sister told me a funny thing.....they having football games right now and some of them saying no audience while some state allow audience.....my sister said all should ban with no audience if they really want to control and make it better......

• Like 1
  • Love 1