Quantcast

52 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

it is Indonesia. if not wrong.

@angelangie it is happened in Jakarta too. the numbers of infections are high there but there is no social distancing in public transportations.

also i heard that your PM had actually press down the figures so the actual figures was not reflected, i think this is not right as the actual figures had to be known for the rest to be aware that this is SERIOUS!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, angelangie said:

also i heard that your PM had actually press down the figures so the actual figures was not reflected, i think this is not right as the actual figures had to be known for the rest to be aware that this is SERIOUS!

welcome to my country. :ph34r:

I think government are not realized this until the number of infections are getting high like example 100000. and when they realised it is actually a bit too late because of our health facilities are too minimum in here.

Edited by Sejabin
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, refuse2sink said:

@staygold May I know what country you're from? Thanks.

India B)

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

Same concern is being raised here. Since we r not testing extensively lower numbers reported.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

Actually that's the rumor here too. I don't think they are honest about the number of cases plus not everyone is being tested as well. The awareness is still not there. I'm scared that in two weeks time, we will be like another Italy. With the population like this it will be very much difficult to control. 

• Like 4

I think the numbers are under-reported pretty much everywhere that isn't doing extensive testing. Here we have a ton of confirmed cases at this point but they've still limited tests to those who have 1. known contact with a confirmed case, 2. recent travel history to a country with known cases. The problem is that it has clearly already spread throughout the community here.

I understand that the test kits are limited and so they're trying to save them for those most likely to have contracted it by known means but it will be interesting to see how the titer test numbers look when this is all over. I'm betting there's going to be a lot more people who had mild cases than we're seeing right now. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, phikyl said:

I think the numbers are under-reported pretty much everywhere that isn't doing extensive testing. Here we have a ton of confirmed cases at this point but they've still limited tests to those who have 1. known contact with a confirmed case, 2. recent travel history to a country with known cases. The problem is that it has clearly already spread throughout the community here.

That's the same testing protocol we have here too. They keep insisting that the community transmission has not yet happened here. But I highly doubt that. Since the death rate is higher in elderly patients they can atleast test all the geriatric patients and give them proper care before it becomes serious. The percentage of elderly population is comparatively low here than in many other countries, so we can easily control the death rate if we act properly. 

@angelangie You take care too!!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, phikyl said:

I understand that the test kits are limited and so they're trying to save them for those most likely to have contracted it by known means but it will be interesting to see how the titer test numbers look when this is all over. I'm betting there's going to be a lot more people who had mild cases than we're seeing right now. 

yes i believe the numbers are suppressed, this had been at a greater spread everywhere....it cause lockdown almost everywhere

• Like 2

This is a public forum so we'll have to watch what we say here. Bottom line:

1) Lockdown is good. Social distancing. Don't know how bad the panic buying is where you all live but if you're allowed to still go out and buy food, then don't worry. Once all the panic buyers have stocked up, you can definitely get your food and you're not cramped up next to the panic buyer who's a stranger. 

2) Good old soap and water works just fine for washing hands as long as you follow the 20 sec protocol for washing your hands thoroughly and remember washing the dirt in your finger nails. Can use an old toothbrush to scrub the finger nails. Surgeons have a small brush to scrub their finger nails while washing hands b4 surgery. Sing Happy Birthday 2x and time yourself if that lasts 20 sec. :)  That's an average guide.

3) Take Vit D with Calcium.

4) Hydroxychloroquine (an anti malarial drug) taken with an anti viral now has been found to be quite effective in symptomatic patients. What that means is we are making strides medically compared to a couple of months ago. 

5) For @Sejabin do you have the cloth diapers? That's just in case you run out of disposable diapers. When my sons were babies, they wore cloth diapers unless we were going out. Their bums got eczema easily from disposable diapers if they poo or pass a big load of urine :D Guess disposable diapers are better nowadays. I'd wash off all the poo/pee from the cloth diapers. Put the diapers in a big bucket and pour boiling water with a bit of dettol and soap liquid to thoroughly disinfect. 

6) Eat home cooked food. Or if your favourite and "clean" restaurants do take away, collect them yourself. We don't know the health status of the delivery person. 

7) Make sure your parents or grandparents have enough stock of their medicines.

Feel free to add more suggestions, Ladies. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, angelangie said:

something good out of Covid-19 :)

I saw something yesterday that the canals have clearer water than has been seen in decades thanks to the lack of boat traffic!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, angelangie said:

good to see this happening, why cant they think for the police too? @triplem

Good to see what the police are doing. 

I hope the people can start being considerate for the public officers ~ police, the medical workers ~ and just stay away to avoid exposure and possible infection. Only 14 days to ease up the spread. Why is it so difficult to stay at home when technology is so advanced now... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, refuse2sink said:

This is a public forum so we'll have to watch what we say here.

thanks for the wise reminding ^_*

Bottom line:

1) Lockdown is good. Social distancing. Don't know how bad the panic buying is where you all live but if you're allowed to still go out and buy food, then don't worry. Once all the panic buyers have stocked up, you can definitely get your food and you're not cramped up next to the panic buyer who's a stranger. 

yes but too many stupid buyer in here. I met a panick mom at the supermarket 3 days ago who bought 6 packs of disposable diapers or perhaps she has many children :mrgreen:

2) Good old soap and water works just fine for washing hands as long as you follow the 20 sec protocol for washing your hands thoroughly and remember washing the dirt in your finger nails. Can use an old toothbrush to scrub the finger nails. Surgeons have a small brush to scrub their finger nails while washing hands b4 surgery. Sing Happy Birthday 2x and time yourself if that lasts 20 sec. :)  That's an average guide.

this is so true. I am following this protocol ^_*

3) Take Vit D with Calcium.

I am just taking vit C now. 

4) Hydroxychloroquine (an anti malarial drug) taken with an anti viral now has been found to be quite effective in symptomatic patients. What that means is we are making strides medically compared to a couple of months ago. 

5) For @Sejabin do you have the cloth diapers? That's just in case you run out of disposable diapers. When my sons were babies, they wore cloth diapers unless we were going out. Their bums got eczema easily from disposable diapers if they poo or pass a big load of urine :D Guess disposable diapers are better nowadays. I'd wash off all the poo/pee from the cloth diapers. Put the diapers in a big bucket and pour boiling water with a bit of dettol and soap liquid to thoroughly disinfect. 

:blush: baby is using disposable diapers now.  he needs 6-7 per day. it is depend.  I am a bit lazy to change him in the middle of the night now lol. I want to sleep until morning xixixixix. my stock at home about 140 diapers for him. about eczema, I can avoid it if I change his diapers 3-4 hours and put johnson baby cream on his butt after morning bathe :blush: I can not buy too much too because his weight is changing each month. he needs different size of diapers after 2 months or 3 months. 

6) Eat home cooked food. Or if your favourite and "clean" restaurants do take away, collect them yourself. We don't know the health status of the delivery person.

hu um. we cook at home. or order food from online grabfood. I think it is more safety to order online then to go to the restaurant? 

7) Make sure your parents or grandparents have enough stock of their medicines.

Feel free to add more suggestions, Ladies. 

this is crazy but pharmacies run out of paracetamol stocks in this city. ok we have paracetamols at our warehouse in office. I will ask some to the staff there.

about panick buying, I still think this does not necessary to do. just buy things and stuffs we need for 1 month. that is enough. like me:

1. white rice

2. coconut oil

3. ketchup

4. sugar and salt

5. milk for me

6. Dove body soap

7. shampoo

8. baby soap and shampoo

9. detergents

10. baby milk and baby food ( I give him instant food like milna until 8-9 months old then I will make home cooked cereal for him after that)

11. disinfektan liquid for mooping the floor

12. cleaning liquid for the kitchen and the dining table

13. some tooth brushes (always prepare stocks at home)

14. tooth paste

15. sanitary napkins

16 eggs

17. onions and garlics

18. peppers and tomatoes

17. lemon, lime

18. meats and fishes

19. vegetables. but this is easily to get in my city.

20. fruits. papaya, avocado, mango, any

21. tissues for baby and we tissues for baby too.

22. chocolates and snacks lol. this is for me.

I think I will wait for my lil bro to do the grocery shopping together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Good to see what the police are doing. 

I hope the people can start being considerate for the public officers ~ police, the medical workers ~ and just stay away to avoid exposure and possible infection. Only 14 days to ease up the spread. Why is it so difficult to stay at home when technology is so advanced now... 

thats what i thought too....cant they see that this public officers are also risking their life trying to contain the situation? why is it so hard to stay at home.....they still giving us lot of entertainment at home and infact at this kinds of times it is the times for us to be bonding with our families....

since usually we are all busy with our life and all that

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Now it is imported cases into China not local transmission

Italy have surpass china’s death toll.....Actually did you know by any chances how Italy have a sudden spike? Like was there any major events?

• Like 1