How did they meet?

Lmangla

How did they meet?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. What's the favourite romance trope in dramaland?

• we met in kindergarten - the childhood lovers trope
    • we see each other everyday for work -- colleagues becomes lovers trope
    • we live near each other -- neighbourhood lovers trope
    • I know your relative -- six degrees of separation trope
    • your father killed my father -- enemies turned lovers trope
    • stress always leads to love -- random strangers in accident trope
    • drunken night together - the complicated hook up with baby trope
    • my grandparent is making me date/marry you -- the contract relationship trope
    • help me forget my ex -- the bruised heart trope
    • brainy clashes -- lets argue our way into love trope

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/14/2020 at 09:51 AM

I clicked on Brainy Clashes and We see each other everyday for work troupe.

Brainy clashes is always entertaining as it involves clever conversation between the FL and ML, their struggles to outwit each other until they fell inlove is Cute and heart-fluttering. 

We see each other everyday blah blah .... is something that I've experienced 9 years ago, so it's something that I can relate ....

18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I prefer the brainy clashes. There is something sexy about having 2 people who can hold their own while clashing on whatever reasons they may be clashing. I think it's because so many romances seem to be based on an inequality of some sort where one, usually the man, is in a superior position in some way to the other, usually the woman. And while the man has money, brains, power, etc., the woman has a pure heart and is willing to be a doormat for everyone. Ugh. So much better when the two people meet on somewhat equivalent terms.

And, actually, I was thinking that I like the meet as children and falling in love by being in the same neighborhood, but then I realized that it was only in the Reply dramas that I actually liked those tropes.

The contract relationship where people are forced into it by family elders feels a bit strange for me in that it seems to deny the lovers free agency of their own, but ultimately, they accede to the wisdom of those who knew better for them than themselves after all? Weird. I have watched contract marriage/relationship dramas and enjoyed them, but it's usually because of the quality of the acting rather than the plot themselves.

As for a story. I have one love story, but with a sad ending actually. I know a woman who had gone to university with this guy who was a couple of grades ahead of her. They had a friendship, but she was actually dating his best friend. Anyway, they both eventually graduated and pursued their separate lives for many years. Then they met again. The man had become a widower, while the woman had been too busy with her career to settle down into any lasting relationship. Having met up again, they got together to reminisce about their uni days, and remembered how much they liked and respected each other in the past and in their present. They had a whirlwind courtship which ended with the man telling the woman that he loved her and asking her to consider moving in with him. She confessed that she loved him as well, and agreed that they could move in together, spending a normal beautiful day just being together. A day later, he died of a heart attack.

Oof what a tragic story but it makes me remember to live in the moment and value everyone that is dear. Thanks for sharing and I also chose brainy clashes - if done well - it is very sexy and meaningful. Maybe it is because I am Thai and grew up with our lakorn - I dislike their portrayal of the enemy trope because it is mostly problematic - integrating abusive behaviors and totally ignoring the issue of consent and respect. 

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

its been a while since I watched any. a comedic version of the slap kiss genre was this lakron called sapai glai peun tiang with anne. have you seen it? she is a police officer and her sister gets pregnant by some rich fella and dumped. so she decides to take revenge by forcing the brother of this rich fella to marry her. it was hilarious because she first meets him in the bathroom, thinks he is a pervert, tasers him, throws him onto the ground in a tackle.... LOL... otherwise, the gem in that genre is kleun chewit. has anyone seen anything better? please let me know! must say this genre is ridiculously fun to watch. kekeke... 

I haven´t watch that one. But I just googled it and Chakrit is the male lead. I really love this actor. I hope I can find it somewhere with good quality and eng sub since it´s an old one. I have watched Kleun Chewit it was really good. Was it maybe loosely based on the korean drama Secret with Ji Sung? Some part of the story seems similar. 

My favorite is the contract trope:D. But this also involves the leads making the contract themselves like: Because This Is My First Life and marriage contract. 

@Lmangla @ktcjdrama The one that shouldn't be mentioned:lol::joy:. It needs to be removed and thrown in the garbage lol:mrgreen:.

@nohamahamoud2002 You made my day lol:joy:. My mom literally hates Bollywood dramas/movies because of the songs to the point where she prohibited it from our house when we were younger. Meanwhile, her sisters used to rent every Friday nights:sweatingbullets::lol::mrgreen:

As for a story, I have none lol. Though, I do have a bad experience the first time I ever attended a marriage meeting (blind date), the guy ended up interviewing me for an hour with religion and BS questions^_^:sweatingbullets:. So no romance in my life and I'm happy:lol:.

20 hours ago, lu09 said:

You made my day lol:joy:. My mom literally hates Bollywood dramas/movies because of the songs to the point where she prohibited it from our house when we were younger. Meanwhile, her sisters used to rent every Friday nights:sweatingbullets::lol::mrgreen:

@lu09 :lol: Why prohibited?

For me, the singing and the dancing part is the most exciting part :joy:

3 hours ago, thanie said:

@lu09 :lol: Why prohibited?

For me, the singing and the dancing part is the most exciting part :joy:

My mom in general is not a TV person but I'm not sure why she really hated Bollywood stuff:mellow:. I guess because of the singing and dancing lol:sweatingbullets:. So the only chance I used to get to watch was when I was in my relatives' house or when she was out for couple of hours for the day lol:lol:.

I used to love that:lol:. But the problem with my country is: they change the language instead of having eng subs which sucks. Not to mention, I start to laugh the moment they start speaking in my language because it's hilarious:lol::joy:. I thought they changed after 10 years, but according to my last visit, last summer, even Turkish dramas became a victim to dubbing lol:joy:

12 hours ago, lu09 said:

But the problem with my country is: they change the language instead of having eng subs which sucks. Not to mention, I start to laugh the moment they start speaking in my language because it's hilarious:lol::joy:. I thought they changed after 10 years, but according to my last visit, last summer, even Turkish dramas became a victim to dubbing lol:joy:

It's the same with our country. Instead of putting an English sub, they dubbed it to our language and it sounded so weird:grimace: They would

even changed the characters name :lol:. One time, the dubber's voice for Yoo In Na sounded like a crooky Frog and I was like, "Noooooo ... YIN's voice is as sweet as honey :angry:! They could have chosen a voice similar with YIN's :bawling:

Back to the dancing and singing part, somehow it encourages me to continue watching, you know, Bollywood films have longer-than-usual duration, sometimes it can be tiring watching the whole film :sweatingbullets:

Archived