Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비

9 hours ago, triplem said:

My dear . It’s not available on Netflix at all . Yes tvN Asia & Viki have in English Subs . But for tvN Asia you must be subscribed to a cable service ( In Malaysia for example it’s Astro ) 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVN_(Asian_TV_channel)

Viki - you can check here if it’s available in your region 

https://www.viki.com/
if from Asia , can also try Viu ( but different countries may hv different shows) 

https://www.viu.com/ott/my/en/all?redirected=true&message=CARRIER_NOT_DETECTED&session_id=3-n58461ik3-h89i15c705k196p

Thanks a lot. :) But my Netflix shows it. Even I saw it at Netflix at the first time and then, I tried to find it because it was not uploading at Netflix. My Netflix account is Canadian one. Maybe it is not opening that's why you can't see but yes, I am going to see via Viki. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Hell yeah..I know from Misty he's got a good body...but evidence will be needed if he has maintained it . I know he's a good kisser ...in Misty alone he kissed every female lead :joy:

I see what you mean by the kissing scenes. I (of course) went to YouTube to watch them. :joy:

I think we still need some evidence about the abs - shower scene, pool scene, workout scene.... Whatever works! :joy:

I'm in awe of Jang Nara's acting in this drama. I think she's really talented as an actress, but it's amazing how her acting improves time and time again for each drama she stars in. She's a master in conveying emotions and changing her acting depending on the character she's playing. I feel like she really is Jang Ha Ri in this drama.

I have never seen Go Joon before in a drama. Stop reading now if you are a big fan of him... :grimace:

Spoiler

He's cute but I am not impressed by his acting here. I read a little bit about him and it seems he got into acting main roles quite recently, no? So far he hasn't really shown a large range of emotions, and he's not able to show micro expressions. That's why his acting comes off as quite stiff to me.

You can tell that Park Byung Eun has more experience in acting, as he's able to show his emotions using very subtle facial expressions.

This was quite evident in the scene where the three of them sat in the tent restaurant all wet.

Of course this could be intentional, like how Lee Sang Yoon's character was totally emotionless in V.I.P. We viewers knew that Lee Sang Yoon can act, so it was a bit infuriating seeing a character for 16 episodes with more or less the same expression on his face. Jang Nara was carrying all the emotional acting in the drama.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I am the only one wondering if I Sang suffers from some disease? My feeling does not come from him rejecting Ha Ri, but from his social media account. It looks like some sort of a bucket list. I hope I am wrong, as I turned in for a comedy, not a melo.

• Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Hannahmiriam said:

I am the only one wondering if I Sang suffers from some disease? My feeling does not come from him rejecting Ha Ri, but from his social media account. It looks like some sort of a bucket list. I hope I am wrong, as I turned in for a comedy, not a melo.

That's an interesting idea. It's always possible that it is a bucket list due to a terminal disease.

My guess, though, (and I could be wrong here, I often am ;) ) is that he is still reeling from breaking up with his ex-fiancé. Quite a few men have a hard time facing the feelings of break-up/divorce, so they jump into a new relationship quickly or they become very active with hobbies/partying/meeting friends. These are all tactics to enable them from running away from the feelings the break-up caused them.

I would guess that I Sang belongs to this category of men.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

eng sub

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I like seeing Ha Ri and Yi Sang together. My first impression of this drama, I think it's gonna be touching drama. At first I thought it's gonna be romcom but I think the writer wants to show Ha Ri's struggle to be a mother, which also might be a struggle for other women. That scene on the cafe when Ha Ri has the blind date. A man can get a kid even they're in their 50 or 60's but it's different for woman.

In real life, isn't it easier for Ha Ri to have sperm donor? Time is ticking, there's no guarantee to find the right man to have a baby with.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I just watch a few scene of the drama..and the part i watch is the part where hari and yi sang bicker..yi sang truly know how to play with woman heart :wub: i like him. Wish that jang  nara is with him in this drama

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@nat-phoenix88 I like that this drama has a good balance of comedy and melo. I really enjoyed the first two episodes. I feel for Hari’s struggles. It might not be easy for her to be a mother at this age especially as she has issues with her ovaries and no particular Baby-Daddy in sight. But as she said, it is now or never. She is so right that men have a tremendous advantage when in comes to marriage and children. Men could marry in their 50’s  and even in their 70’s and still could have kids but not women. I knew of a few women who have similar struggles.They wanted to be financially stable before getting married but realized a little too late that dating becomes more difficult and most men around their age were already taken. In Korea, where marrying in their middle to late 30’s is pretty standard, infertility also becomes a common problem around this age group. IVF/ having a sperm donor is now on the rise. But I think it is still frowned upon. I really wish Jang Hari will have a baby. She will be a good mother! Her scenes with the baby and her imaginary daughter teared me up and made me reflect my lacking as a mom. Jang Nara is really particularly good in those scenes. I want to look at my boys that way again even if they are not babies anymore....Jang Hari, Ajah!:heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

• Like 5
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

In real life, isn't it easier for Ha Ri to have sperm donor? Time is ticking, there's no guarantee to find the right man to have a baby with.

Yeah, and I believe that is what's going to happen in the next episode. She's going to find a sperm donor. But I think she's going to choose from someone she knows. From the trailer the candidates are her childhood friend, the marketing department hobae, or Yi Sang.

i just got into this drama and I like the character developments a lot! I think Jang Nara has a really good eye for cast chemistry and script, because there has yet been a drama starring her that I didn't like. The relationship development is well paced and I like that YS beginning to understand her. It might seem like a simple story at first, but it's shredding light on the pressure on women in a patriarchy. What's rare is, the character doesn't want to rebel against the norm, even so, marriage and motherhood didn't come easy to her like it seemingly does to others. And every woman must've felt the same at one point in their life. Jang Nara is really good at embodying their stories into one character.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I found my new favorite after the world of marriage ended. I really enjoyed the first two episodes. I cried along with Ha Ri.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

17 hours ago, Juliet79 said:

In Korea, where marrying in their middle to late 30’s is pretty standard, infertility also becomes a common problem around this age group. IVF/ having a sperm donor is now on the rise. But I think it is still frowned upon.

This is so true. There's still the prejudice of being a single mother and the lack of welfare or support . The stigma remains even if you have chosen this path for yourself . So HR would definitely have to convince those around her especially her mum that this is a path she is willing to take, no matter how it may be  frowned upon.  Childcare is expensive in SK, and her mum will  have to help her . HR realised at her cousin's wedding that her life and what happens to it did not only affect her ...it also affects her mum. So she'd really have to get her mum on board. That's why I am rather excited at how this will be dealt with in the drama

An eye opening read  

So now HR would have to decide who to approach. Apart from deciding who would be the "perfect" candidate...she'd have to convince that person to be a willing donor. It isn't like donating some money to the poor  or even donating blood...putting myself in the shoes of any of these men, there are lots of things to consider - your gene pool is going to be used for someone else and the child is not yours but biologically it is right.  And since they are acquainted with HR, they are  likely to see her and the child . Would they be  alright with that ? Like in the case of the young hoobae, he may marry later and would his future wife be comfortable with that? I am of course getting ahead of myself because I don't know what sort direction the drama would take...but the premise here has a lot of potential. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

@triplem Singlemotherhood in Korea is very difficult. Not only that you’re treated as an outcast but your child will be as well. It will affect both you and even other family members as Korea is a “group oriented culture”. I was surprised though that not paying financial child support is not a criminal offense in SK. It might be the same in other Asian countries so as not to encourage people to engage in premarital sex that usually ends up in unplanned pregnancies. It is very hard for an individual to raise a child without money and without any support from their family. Thus, men and women generally now wait until they are settled financially to commit into a serious relationship and marriage. Plus Korea is a “pressure cooker” society! You want your kid to be the best they could be, to reach their potentials and thus a lot of parents really put their all into their child’s education/ extra curricular activities and so another problem emerge, low birth in SK, even worst than Japan in a recent survey....As for Hari, she is ok financially and she has her mother to help her take care of her baby. She’ll really be a loving mother. Despite seeing both of her friends struggle with kids, she wasn’t discouraged. I am really rooting for her! I wish majority of would-be-mothers are like her. We have people who become mothers and fathers but don’t deserve their kids or I may say they were not good to their children...they are not happy to be around them and see them as burden. Hari is a different breed, she loves to be a mother even as a kid and see motherhood as a happiest thing ever. I feel bad that other than that she is in her late 30’s ( which is still not too late for having kids as women now a days could have babies in their 40’s) and no baby daddy in sight, she also has endometriosis which add to her urgency to have a baby. Was she only given 6 months to start pregnancy? I wonder how Hari’s story will unfold. Will she go to traditional or unconventional way of having a baby? Truly, the premise has a lot of potential and will see where the writer will take us. :)

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Watch: Jang Nara And Go Joon Show Off Their Chemistry + Park Byung Eun Soothes Baby Behind The Scenes Of “Oh My Baby”

May 18, 2020
by S. P
6969d4629b0546c8a6448e9fec6d520b.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Oh My Baby” has released a behind-the-scenes look at the filming of the first few episodes!

The making-of video begins with an introduction from Jang Nara. “I was actually pretty nervous about the first filming,” she admitted. “Since it was my first time in a long time playing such a fun and goofy character, I think that made me more nervous.”

Jang Nara then practices throwing darts on set together with Go Joon, who holds her arm and shows her how to aim. Go Joon even receives praise from the director, who is surprised that he scored 50 points twice during the filming.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1401073wpp/watch-jang-nara-and-go-joon-show-off-their-chemistry-park-byung-eun-soothes-baby-behind-the-scenes-of-oh-my-baby

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Oh My Baby: Episode 1

by dramallama

The rom-com queen, Jang Nara, is back to reclaim the throne with Oh My Baby , a story about a modern working woman with a simple dream to be a mother. Of course, the dream is everything but simple for our heroine, who faces the pressures to demonstrate the traditional experiences of motherhood and marriage at her age. Love, marriage, and children in that order are a steep ask for a woman gradually aging out of child-bearing age, and we’re introduced to these challenges and potential solutions (read: targets) alongside our heroine. This first episode leans toward the comedy in the rom-com spectrum, so get ready for plenty of laughs.

EPISODE 1: “If you ask why I can’t marry”

We first meet our heroine, JANG HA-RI ( Jang Nara ), at the hospital as she’s rushed into the delivery room. After a successful birth, Ha-ri eagerly goes to the hospital nursery, where her mother is fawning over the baby. But when her mother turns around, she’s holding an adorable puppy, and Ha-ri’s anticipation shifts to anger. Obviously, this is all a dream, and Ha-ri wakes up on the bus on her way to a doctor’s appointment as the radio features her submission.

The radio host reads Ha-ri’s submission, and we learn about 39-year-old unmarried Ha-ri and her hope in the miracle of love. The relatable submission wins her a box of snacks, and Ha-ri celebrates the small miracle.

more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/oh-my-baby-episode-1/

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [2nd Week of May, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from May 11 to May 17 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on May 18.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 2nd week of May 

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - 38.64% (0)

2. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - 16.18% 0)

3. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 10.63% (0)

4. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - 6.81% (0)

5. tvN “Oh My Baby“ - 4.82% (NEW)

6. KBS2 “Once Again” - 3.15% - (+1)

7. tvN “When My Love Blooms” - 2.82% (-1)

8. SBS “Good Casting“ - 2.27% (0)

9. KBS2 “Born Again“ - 2.26% (0)

10. KBS2 “Fix You“ - 1.91% (-5)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 2nd week of May

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Kim Hee-ae (0)

2. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Park Hae-joon (0)

3. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Han So-hee (0)

4. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Lee Min-ho (+1)

5. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Jeon Jin-seo (-1)

6. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (0)

7. tvN “Oh My Baby” - Jang Na-ra (NEW)

8. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Kim Go-eun (0)

9. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jeon Mi-do (+16)

10. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - Moon Ga-young (-1)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Oh My Baby: Episode 2
by TeriYaki

After learning that her life-long dream may never come true, our heroine struggles with how to best respond, and it doesn’t help when she’s given lots of unwelcome advice. Verging on desperation, she tries to re-enter the dating scene but relationships take time, a luxury she can no longer afford. Further complicating her life is a certain pesky photographer who’s suddenly everywhere, and it’s becoming clear that there’s something about our heroine that he can’t ignore.

EPISODE 2: “Am I on the right path?”

read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/oh-my-baby-episode-2/

• Like 5
  • Love 3