[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Just finished episode 7 ...

Add one more great episode to list ...

To begin, my thanks to everyone for this great thread and all its content - the BTS, memes & gifs, videos, and all the incredible posts on theories and insights - its all just great ... I can hardly keep up :lol:

Thoughts on the episode -

The OST is again, incredible! Why-Why-Why can I not download -"I Still Live In Your Time"- yet?!

- Speaking of the OST, I loved that they used "I Still Live In Your Time" during the re-showing of MY awakening from the nightmare ... it was so good when KT first arrived at the Cursed Castle, with MY looking down to him from the balcony, and I think it was even better in this scene, plus we got to hear more of it.

- I loved how KT was still with MY in the morning, even more so, that she woke up first and found him there. She may have been a bit cold to him, but after he left, she saw the water bowl and wash cloth, he cares for her, she knows this, and now all that's left to do is find out how much he cares

- ST's line that ..."the heart is a liar" ... was both poignant and prophetic ( a great line )

- I just love the publishers assistant Seung-Jae, she's an absolute scene stealer

- The Date - from the beginning, I love the dynamic between these two, the guards are coming down, and they are learning to be at ease around each other. The whole exchange around where to go -Motel, and what to eat - You, was great:lol: Normally, KT would get upset, here he just got exasperated, and MY normally wouldn't have stopped there, but seeing his exasperation, she lets it go.

- The Date II - when KT apologizes for the "empty can" comment, I liked how it brought MY to pause. It was touching as KT is trying to come to grips with his feelings for MY, but she hilariously derails a tender moment when she asks if hes ever slept with a woman - then she goes seriously intense when she asks if she should pull his safety pin .... the anticipation with these two is agonizingly delicious - I really really hope the Writer/PD don't over or under do it - When KT and MY finally give in to each other its going to be more than special

- The Date III - With KT's growing feelings exposed, its like the smell of blood, and MY is hunting! I enjoyed watching MY toy with him from the ask to be carried, to stealing his phone, and getting him to put his arms around her, to her answering JRs call - where she finds out he took time off to care for her - It was fun but came to a somber conclusion when KT told her why he stayed

- Not quite sure how I feel about JR and the publisher, but that scene together was cute ... and apparently he carried her home

- The Date IV - the drive home scene was sweet, MY happily replaying his words in her head and in a roundabout way, thanking KT for nice day together

- Let the healing begin - ST triggering KT's memory of his mother, and remembering her caring was a major tug on the heartstrings - just beautiful. Couple this with MY's inadvertent help to aid the patient mother in her own healing was special too  

- Waiting Up - another simple yet swoon worthy scene - MY waiting for KT to come home. From MY's interrogation on where he was and who he was drinking with, to KT, even tipsy, knowing that MY shouldn't drink at that point, to MY thinking she was going to get a kiss but got the Nightmare Catcher instead - soooooo good!

- Cutting Hair - the few words in this scene were nothing compared to the loving gazes MY & KT shared here. One more beautiful scene in drama filled with them

- MY's mom - I think she is still alive, and in the OK hospital. Specifically, I think she's the woman who took the book away from under MY's Dads hand and stating he was always 1 step behind.  Here's hoping she'll be the final piece in MYs eventual healing

Can't wait for tomorrows episode  :blush:

LCO

• Like 13
  • Love 2

Aww episode 7 has a lot of cute scenes between MY and KT and was so enjoyable to watch. There is more humor, smiling, lightheartedness, and understanding between them. And I feel like KT is now more comfortable showing a side of himself to MY that he doesn't show to others. I'm so looking forward to episode 8. Hoping there is a kiss next episode. There is so much of building up to it in this episode! 

It's nice to see more humor between them and he finally apologized for calling her an empty can. For someone who is such a good caregiver and considerate of others, that was very mean of him to say. But it was funny after apologizing, he said she's more like a thug instead. LOL. Fashionable queen thug. And MY waiting by the staircase for KT to come home was really cute. How he flicked her forehead shows how comfortable he is with her now. KT telling MY she did a good job by taking the shawl shows he's now more understanding of her actions. The ending of this episode was so beautiful. She finally cut her hair and that scene where she turns from the mirror and towards KT, eyes full of tears, is her cutting off her leash and also showing her vulnerable side. 

Once again, I really like JR's mom. She's helped KT last episode and this episode by giving him advice and to give a mother's perspective. KT's memories of his mom this episode brings to light that she did also love KT but had to be a certain way with KT due to ST and their circumstances. 

The story about MY's father and mother just keeps getting more interesting . There are so many possibilities and it's hard to say where the twist and turns would be. Especially what the father said to MY when she was walking away. 

I really like the honest dog story and if MY's books actually got published in real life, I would want to collect them all. I like the positive message of unleashing, unshackling, and unburdening in this episode. MY's long hair was very pretty but this short hair gives her a different look, very refreshing. 

• Like 16
  • Love 1

Episode 8 [Beauty and the Beast] Text Preview:

Moon-Young, who cut her hair, enjoys freedom for the first time after escaping from her mother's shadow. Kang-tae is embarrassed by his feelings that Moon-Young keeps worrying about. Meanwhile, at the hospital, the identity of the song 'Clementine' which is heard every night is finally revealed.

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 10

as emotional overwhelming about how MY, KT is freeing themselves, i also admire about the details. In twitter, EmbraceFiction has pointed it & short narrative so well:

There was such stark similarity between MoonYoung & Spring Dog

Spring Dog was tied to a tree, while KMY in ep1 was portrayed to be under the shadow of a big tree, seemingly tied, & curiously that tree grew from her own long hair - 

Which MoonYoung cut today (ep. 7)

EcqdYpGVAAERyfQ?format=jpg&name=small

And then there's that similarity between KangTae's mom & KangTae himself

It further demonstrates KangTae's unintended slippage into the POV of a parent. His "suppression of himself" is quite similar to what his mother, like most parents, did for her children
EcqgsNOWoAE-g1f?format=jpg&name=360x360

EcqgtJ5XsAAjCwN?format=jpg&name=360x360

67f62a25c0de16b77fe59a2995c9a5d2a07352d7 

gif sc. tumblr mufalo

ahhh today ep is so so beautiful :'''' love it..:bawling::heart:

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 10

16 hours ago, bairama said:

remember when KT seems so sad & hate spring bcs they need to move again? I think one of he likes is being the mental health nurse, after all he seems dedicated, relied & so capable (other will ask him to take care the chaos). He is somehow seems really sincere in his job & has the sense of justice for mental disability people.. 

ofc i'd like to know more about him! Is his clothing also remarks that he loves nature? to blend in & play in nature? something like that..

We now know that KT really likes jjamppong as a kid. It's nice to know more about what he likes, just purely what he likes for himself and unrelated to ST. 

He's a great caregiver and does seem sincere about his job and helping people, but being a caregiver is somewhat related to ST. When MY was staying at his place, she asked him why he became a caregiver instead of an actor since he's so good at acting, he said because of ST. Because ST keeps looking at his facial expressions. And not liking spring because that's when they would have to move again due to ST and the butterflies. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Today episode had done a great job that covered both ends of the spectrum.

KT shown cheerful in the day with MY but displayed his vulnerable side of emotion exploded in the evening. This is exactly what most people behavior. Day and night difference, only during the bedtime is the time where shown your true self. There were many close-up shots on KSH and I think he had done a great job in today's episode.

Using a well structure of healing flow in this EP :
1. KT discovered the possible fear factor from MY's nightmare

2. A baby day out - a cheerful day for MY and KT to release stress

3. Using "cheerful dog" story book as an analogy to tell tale is a perfect match

4. Using the right dialogue by MY to challenge KT about the suppressing feeling

5. Remove the fur coat from the lady patient is a good sign of releasing burden (she felt guilty of her daughter death all these while)

6. Cutting a short hair in the end is a big relief for both of them, at least is a good start for MY.

What a fundamental and almost holistic approach to start a healing that had displayed in this drama. We are yet to see more reveal in the upcoming ep, let's see how our most pathetic KT to solve his own problem as it will not an easy journey for him to torn between these two who rely on him alot. :)

• Like 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

In just one episode, the Show has resolved the long time misunderstanding of Kang Tae towards his mother and Moon Young releasing herself from her mother. I've no issue with this if the Show has more contents to fill in the next...9 episodes but if it doesn't then it's worrisome that these got dealt with so soon. I do see the intention of the writer to resolve each of their problems first before moving a step up in the relationship, so let's hope the concern is all for nothing.

This. By resolving it at this time, I can’t help but think that something big, bad, and sad will happen to break whatever they built.

Although honestly, I enjoy the pacing of the past seven episodes. The story flows naturally, and I appreciate how the writers use the stories of other people to help the characters deal with their own trauma. And what the leads end up doing is comforting each other. While they may be there during the course of events or even trigger it to happen, there are a lot of more direct factors that come into play. The thing with KT, I think he has always been asking himself if his mother really loved him or not or if she had him just because she needed him. It was triggered in the fourth episode and worsened in the sixth one. It broke down his wall by the seventh ep. My grandma used to tell me: A drunk man’s words is a sober man’s thoughts or something like that. For so long, he has been repressing himself—even bits and pieces of his childhood. And when he got tipsy and when he heard his brother’s testimonies, he was forced to evaluate his memories and view them differently. The whole scene built up pretty well, starting from the issues regarding parenting in episode 3, seeing Kang Eun-ja break down and regretting what she Did to her daughter, his choice to drink that night,  Juri’s mom and Jae-su comforting him on the rooftop—and finally the hug he gave his brother.

This means there are NINE episodes where so many things can happen :( and we’re already so attached. We don’t want to see them in more pain :(

• Like 11
  • Love 1