[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

2 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I am sorry to be a lil bit rude and out of topic but

Hide contents

Your font is a bit painful to read imo especially if it is a long text.

Then why quote the text? You could have tagged me. But thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

If you find out about the interior of the house do let me know. I don't believe I have seen it. I think Moon Young's room is likely to be a set, but the lobby may be real...looks real anyway. TKEM's set (study room) is a bit easier to determine as specially built to suit LG, but this one is hard to tell.

@mademoisellesia  Have a look at THIS LINK.  Scroll down till the end...

1592968125785.jpg?type=w773

1592968126777.jpg?type=w773

1592975337691.jpg?type=w773

Credit to the owner

• Like 12
  • Shocked 4
  • Awesome 1

@YongZura⁷ Oh, thank you!

Kudos to the architect and carpenters. Really did great in giving us the visual experiences (and making it a halloween house).

---

Bit of nagging, they cast two great actresses (Joori's mother and the head nurse), it seems like they are a bit too under utilized at the moment. I hope they have more screen time with the main casts. The dynamics would be awesome I imagine.

• Like 9

Started this only because of Kim Soo Hyun but it's so easy to fall in love with this drama. The storyline, directing, acting, mood everything is just amazing. It's refreshing to see a Female Lead who is selfish and is willing to manipulate people (making mentally challenged Sang Tae sign contract papers) to get what they want. I am tired of watching female Leads who are unrealistically candy and bit of a pushover. 

I wonder what's the reason behind KT pretending not to remember MY. If it's because of his guilt of running away from her then he would've been more nice to her. But it seems like he was affected only by their recent interactions. 

I feel bad for KT. His whole world resolves around his Hyung. I wish he would understand that he can take care of his Hyung while also living his own life. But can't blame him his mother always told him that she gave birth to him so that he take care of his brother so maybe he considers it his duty.

• Like 11

I like this drama and I haven't felt that excited about a Kdrama for ages! Hopefully this one doesn't disappoint.

The only 2 things that I don't really like about this drama are:

- Kim Soo Hyun's stiffness (very few facial expressions)

- MK's girliness/seductiveness that is cute but sometimes make her look childish.

Hmm... I guess now I understand why... Kang Tae is used to control his facial expressions because of his brother... and as a loner he's not used to express his emotions, he might also have been feeling unhappy for years.

As for MK's straightforwardness and stubbornness, she probably still acts like she did as a child (minus the sexual attraction lol), because she's never been close to people. She hasn't learned to compromise and tone down her temper. Her mother indirectly taught her to be authoritarian, it seems.

• Like 5

@bebebisous33 Re: Jae-su's comment about MY.

It's all too easy to default to a kind of convenient judgmentalism. When people are hard to understand and act in ways that don't immediately make sense, they are immediately deemed "crazy". It's the all-encompassing label that we plaster on anyone from suicide bombers to a stranger who starts talking to us on the street about random stuff. It's often just a blanket description of someone else who does things that we wouldn't dream of doing ourselves. Calling someone "crazy" these days has a certain banality attached to it. It's almost meaningless at times because the degree of seriousness the word represents is wildly variable.

I suspect that one of the lessons of this story is that it's all too easy to jump to conclusions about someone when you don't know their story or when you know part of their story and think you know all of it. The reality is that we don't know everything about anyone. Sometimes we know enough to be dangerous. In truth, Mun-yeong is an enigma to most people particularly because she flouts conventionality. No one gets her. Why would anyone... in an honour and shame culture especially... do what she does? The convenient answer would be: "She's crazy". In so saying, there's no need to probe further or explore possibilities. The trouble too is that no one was allowed to get close to MY and she was coached into acting against her own interests which through time has added to the mythology. Gang-tae who has a few pieces of the childhood puzzle thinks he gets her and then realises he doesn't. (That's the purpose of the flashbacks to show us that his knowledge of her actions has always been incomplete) Even when he's read Zombie Kid he still hasn't plumbed the depths that is MY because he doesn't know the whole story but fragments of it. Same with Ju-ri. Jae-su knows even less because he is further removed from the action but like everyone else, he thinks he's entitled to an opinion of her because a) he's a loyal friend b) she's an infamous celebrity. To be fair, Jae-su is a simple guy and I don't even think he completely understands Gang-tae either. The talk about "forgetting" seemed to go right over his head. 

A lot of this comes from the fact that in general people are more adept at talking than listening. We hear words but not their meaning in their context.

It bears repeating that the act of violence which resulted in the scarring of Gang-tae's hand was not an assault on him. He was preventing her from attacking someone else. While she may have taken liberties with his personal space, she's never done violence to him. If anything, she's been quite protective of him. For a so-called "crazy" person MY has always been intentional and targeted about who she inflicts violence on.  She doesn't attack randomly. Of course it doesn't justify the attacks but it does show that she's not as "crazy" as people perceive her to be. She has discernment and more self-control than you'd expect. Although it doesn't prevent her from being territorial about GT in the hair-pulling incident with Ju-ri. Heh. ;)

I think GT realises that MY isn't going to go away that easily or that he can just wish her away. She is someone that is determined to be a part of his life. And there must be a reason why after all these years they met each other again.

• Like 14
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

@40somethingahjumma @bebebisous33

Regarding JS's comment about MY, I don't think many people in the community understand what's mental illness. It's easier to slapped a "crazy" label on someone who acted out of the usual norms and to be safe stay away from the "crazy" ones. Just like it's easier to labeled an ADHD child as naughty and blamed it as a result of bad parenting.

MY is smart and observance in her own ways. She might has no empathy or really understand feelings but she understand JuRi, KT and ST better than themselves. She is able to see deep into their souls and figured out their inner self.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, taekwang said:

May I ask what time does the new episode comes on Netflix later? it airs at 9pm-10pm Korean time. so i will get to see at 10pm KST ? 

Around 11PM or Midnight :)

@40somethingahjumma Yes, the problem is using this kind of word has become a normality. However, we shouldn't forget that words have power. Just like Hitler kept using more and more violent expressions to the point that the listeners had got used to it and were not surprised if the spoken words became a reality: it is called desensibilisation.  

Fact is that no one can judge like that... due to the internet, it has become a normality to judge too quickly, f. ex. push the button "like". However, time is essential for a judgement and verdict. Nothing can be rushed, hence I abhor this kind of behavior. That's why I like this drama, the so-called normal people like JR or KT and KT's friend are not actually sensitive and good. KT told MY harsh things twice... especially with the money, while he is not free from issues... just like MY. KT keeps lying to his brother ("I'll never lie to you again", this is a promise that can never be fulfilled). KT knows that lies hurt his brother, yet he is constantly lying to him and to himself.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, stella77 said:

I think there is def a killer on the loose but it is too early to say who it is. Same with MY’s mom - is she dead or alive?!  and for some reason that fancy patient at the hospital trying to set up KT - I think she is a misdirection and not MY’s mom but I am guessing. 

Maybe it is me but I didn’t see ST being the one that abuses KT or having a violent streak - like at all. When he had his traumatic episodes, he always goes in hiding - not be violent. The face reading is for him to understand how KT feels and I think the trauma of “I’m a good person” came from mom’s murder - that he didn’t lie re the butterflies etc. I hope the show doesn’t go the route of making ST violent. 

I hope the same , I also didn't see it that way and do not want it to go that direction.

But I'm in a way glad people pointed out the possibility here, bcs I would have been too shocked otherwise if it will go that way..

Still so many questions and waiting for answers. Why a person does what he/she does can be such a mystery.

I just hope MY genuinely cares about ST and is not just using him as a bait and that they'll find a way to live happily and with a calm heart all 3 together.

I also did feel a bit of pity for JR at the rooftop, when she tried to confess. Not that I wanted KT to say yes, but just, it's hard when you like someone for so long and finally take the step to confess and get rejected. It's always the question how to go further with a one-sided love? She asks him if she can continue to like him, but isn't it a sort of self-torture? What if you get your hopes up again? Argh so difficult

Last thing I want to say is I don't understand MY's' boss' actions at all. I can't figure out what he's doing and why? And so I'm not sure whether to like him or not ?

• Like 8

hZ8hnbO.gif

Spoiler

ESk0FMm.gif

Nplbe6h.gif

Spoiler

Mk2UiwW.gif

CBKBlgL.gif

Spoiler

EqY0Ndn.gif

mifoF0W.gif

Spoiler

FxTvLL2.gif

sjjBRPB.gif

Spoiler

Re619Ni.gif

pnEKvPH.gif

Spoiler

V7CPnSL.gif

jcQDQZM.gif

Spoiler

q4zCKsc.gif

ZWCtGHp.gif

Spoiler

KAjPrh5.gif

sRMZ3Ni.gif

Spoiler

QEmAG4w.gif

gvW6ADY.gif

fU1BSn7.gif

- THE END -

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

YES YES!!! LET THE HEALING PART BEGIN!!! Finally!! And the last scene... How could we praise a perfect acting? I don't know... All i know is that KT FINALLY hugs her!!!

and he calls her by her name :)

Thanks @lolly84 :)

OMG The preview is sooooooo nice! 

Spoiler

Preview looks like the CEO of Publishing is forcing MY to leave and go back to Seoul and KT saves the day, they went out and KT give her a zombie doll. KT told her good job :)

• Like 9