[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Ok discussion time.What you think happened with KMY and her dad?
I’m getting serious paedophilia +incestual vibes, but I doubt it will be that dark.Especially for a kdrama.What do u guys think?

Edited by Madu Mita
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

I’m getting serious paedophilia +incestuak vibes, but I doubt it will be that dark.Especially for a kdrama.What do u guys think?

It looked like he tried to kill her 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

I’m getting serious paedophilia +incestual vibes, but I doubt it will be that dark.Especially for a kdrama.What do u guys think?

Maybe he was scared that he will turn out like her and he didn’t want that or it’s something really bad that we don’t know about yet and that’s what drove him to want to kill her. 

• Like 5

I think the father or mother both have mental illness and the father found out about MY being APD and feared it and tried to kill her. Remember that in Asia, mental illness was/is considered a “secret” and shameful. It has only recently gotten better re open discussions re the many different conditions and better health services. I don’t get any child sex abuse vibe at all (and I used to work I the field).  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, Madu Mita said:

I strongly have the idea & I believe the show sort of presents in ep.1 that after her mother died, her father went crazy. He couldn't live without her mom so he decides to kill KMY by choking her & then he'll kill himself after but she was able to save herself. 

Y'all, sleep paralysis is REAL! I use to have them when I was a kid & up to now but that doesn't happen very often. It'll be once in awhile but the feeling of having a heavy weight on you & not being able to move is horrifying! The drama depicts that so well. I wonder if KMY experienced it everyday or is it once in a while? If it's everyday since she was a child, that's terrifying & sad. MGT needs to hurry up & become her safety pin, yet he is also experiencing some pains/wounds of his own. So l always have to tell myself to be patient. Time will come for both to help each other go through the healing process. ^_^

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

Kwak Dong Yeon was fantastic in this episode!  I hope he got paid a lot of money because he really gave his all-in every way-to this role:lol:

9 hours ago, here&there said:

I hope that MY will help KT realize that it's okay to want a car, or money, or a house, it's okay to want to have fun and be loved, because it's okay to want to things and be a little selfish while also wanting the best for his brother. ST is the center of KT's life, but I want KT to realize that it's okay for him to have and want more things at the center of his life besides his brother.

This! I was thinking it's so sad that KT seems to believe he has to choose.  He seems to not even allow himself to hope for anything more. 

The scene with ST where he tells his little brother why he is saving up for the camper van was heartbreaking and heartwarming.  Perhaps a minority opinion but at the moment I am so much more invested in KT's scenes with his brother than in the scenes with MY. 

I hope KT and MY can develop a friendship and help each other platonically before taking things any further because currently I don't ship them at all.  They both have way too many issues they need to work through and she needs to start respecting him and his boundaries before they should pursue anything close to a romantic relationship. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

E3 is so daebak (not that E1-2 weren't). 103 Best Cony images in 2020 | Line friends, Cony brown, Line sticker

SYJ fawning over KSH's bod is daebak.

KSH's bod is daebak.

The eerie / horror scene is daebak. They didn't tell us the genre is horror too :cries: Nearly peed in my pants last night. Thank god I didn't get nightmare.

Kwak Dong Yeon's cameo is daebak.

The 3 versions of censors on Kwak Dong Yeon's lil' birdie are daebak.

The transitioning between the scenes are still daebak.

KSH and SYJ's acting and emoting are daebak.

The creativity of this show is no joke daebak.

The only pity is, too little of actress Kim Mee Kyung's screen time.

Edit: I forgot to say I'm soooo looking forward to Sang Tae's wall painting because it'd be the work of the artist who did the illustrations of the fairy tales and opening of ep1.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

37 minutes ago, raziela said:

I hope KT and MY can develop a friendship and help each other platonically before taking things any further because currently I don't ship them at all.  They both have way too many issues they need to work through and she needs to start to respect him and his boundaries before they should pursue anything close to a romantic relationship. 

I get where you are coming from but I think it is impossible because of MY’s APD, where she has no concept of boundaries or to take things at KT’s ‘pace’. She is doing as she wants (and she’s made it clear that it’s not platonic - I like that the show highlights people with mental conditions are also sexual beings) and doesn’t see social constructs of “respect”. If the show were to have her all or a sudden be respectful of boundaries, it wouldn’t be true to the real MY that has ADP. I think the show has done well to balance a mature, realistic view of people 

I think KT knows all this and it is why he has tolerated her but let’s see how they progress; I think they both will teach each other many things. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Kwak Dong Yeon was fantastic in this episode!  I hope he got paid a lot of money because he really gave his all-in every way-to this role:lol:

Yes, I agreed.  It was a shock to me since it didn't look like acting at all.  All the various feelings were shown too well.  Congratulations to him and thank you to the production that showed us at the end what the caregivers really saw.  

Credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Not Me said:

btw, did anyone notice they brought up 'Burning Sun' case? hahaha they make a pun of it calling it 'Morning Sun':coolshades:

I literally went “wow - they went there with Morning Sun.....”; if it helps people to think and discuss a bit more about why it happen; it is a good thing - I think.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

The only pity is, too little of actress Kim Mee Kyung's screen time.

Agreed.  I was hoping to see more of her:tears:

48 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Edit: I forgot to say I'm soooo looking forward to Sang Tae's wall painting because it'd be the work of the artist who did the illustrations of the fairy tales and opening of ep1.

I can't wait to see his artwork.   I also loved how well the hospital director interacted with him.

26 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I get where you are coming from but I think it is impossible because of MY’s APD, where she has no concept of boundaries or to take things at KT’s ‘pace’. She is doing as she wants (and she’s made it clear that it’s not platonic - I like that the show highlights people with mental conditions are also sexual beings) and doesn’t see social constructs of “respect”. If the show were to have her all or a sudden be respectful of boundaries, it wouldn’t be true to the real MY that has ADP. I think the show has done well to balance a mature, realistic view of people 

I think KT knows all this and it is why he has tolerated her but let’s see how they progress; I think they both will teach each other many things. 

I understand that but a relationship that is built only on accommodating the demands and emotions of only one half of the couple is not a relationship.  KT is uncomfortable with a lot of her actions and I don't think it's fair that his feelings should be set aside because of her disorder.  She is exhausting and, frankly, I think dealing with MY as she is now would just be another burden to  KT on top of his responsibility for his brother.  He deserves more than that.

Some ASPD sufferers can have meaningful behavioral change through therapy and commitment so it's not impossible. i don't think MY's ASPD is so severe that this would be possible for her. MY's never cared enough to try to make changes before but I would like to see her try for KT.  I do agree that they will both teach other many things.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, raziela said:

I was hoping to see more of her

Hopefully we'll see more of her. She's supposed to be the cook in the hospital canteen.

6 minutes ago, raziela said:

I also loved how well the hospital director interacted with him.

Yesss. I believe he'll play a crucial role in helping/treating Sang Tae, Kang Tae and Moon Young.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

As I was browsing thru some tweets and some articles about this drama, I love how the writer mixes dark elements, psychological elements, reality and a love story. It is mind blowing. Must say the outfits of Moon Young reminds me of ManWol's outfits in Hotel Del Luna.

So far so good, anticipating the upcoming episodes :) More ABS please :)

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, raziela said:

I understand that but a relationship that is built only on accommodating the demands and emotions of only one half of the couple is not a relationship.  KT is uncomfortable with a lot of her actions and I don't think it's fair that his feelings should be set aside because of her disorder.  She is exhausting and, frankly, I think dealing with MY as she is now would just be another burden to  KT on top of his responsibility for his brother.  He deserves more than that.

Some ASPD sufferers can have meaningful behavioral change through therapy and commitment so it's not impossible. i don't think MY's ASPD is so severe that this would be possible for her. MY's never cared enough to try to make changes before but I would like to see her try for KT.  I do agree that they will both teach other many things.

KT I think at some point is truly fallin' for or curious more about MY perspective & way of thinking which is more close to reality, anti-hyprocrit so it would be more like they will both teach each other many things, yeah thats the highlight. And also on ep 1-2 we introduced of how her intention is kind but complex, she looks world with a blatant straight justice bcs sees stereotypes can hurt deep in different people that actually would be ok & not be burden bcs they are not actually harm people. The harmful is more like on how the stereotypes judge..

• Like 3