[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

OSEN | 2020. 05. 06. 

Kim Soo Hyun's new drama cancels ritual event because female lead hospitalized

CFE30048-4CCD-4EB6-8D08-04A26219F45A.jpg

The drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' (tvN) marked the comeback of actor Kim Soo Hyun who unexpectedly canceled the ritual event to start filming. In the meantime, the news that actress Seo Ye Ji had to go to the emergency room made the representatives nervous.

According to many representatives on May 6, the drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (tvN) was supposed to hold the ritual event on May 5 ahead of the first episode. Most of the dramas performed this event as a ritual for good co-ordination among the cast and staff.

Regarding this, the "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" production crew initially planned to carry out a simple ritual for a smooth shooting process, but they then informed the staff about the cancelation of this event right on the scheduled date. Although the exact reason has yet to be announced, some representatives unveiled with OSEN, "In the early morning of that day, Seo Ye Ji was taken to the emergency room. Perhaps that's why the event was canceled."

Later, Seo Ye Ji's agency confirmed that this problem was not related to the cancellation of the ritual event, saying, "It is true that Seo Ye Ji went to the emergency room. However, she only went to the hospital because of a slight bruise. And now, her health has no special problem."

On the other hand, "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (scriptwriter: Jo Yong, director: Park Shin Woo) will air its first episode in June. This is a drama that promises to bring a fairy-tale-like romance when depicting the process of soothing and healing each other of the two main characters, Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun) - a nurse in the psychiatric department who always rejects love due to the burdens of life full of difficulties - with Moon Young (played by Seo Ye Ji) - a female author of a children's comic without knowing about love due to inherent defect.

With the participation of a trustworthy-and-worthy-watching cast, including Kim Soo Hyun (as Moon Kang Tae), Seo Ye Ji (as Go Moon Young), Oh Jung Se (as Moon Sang Tae), and Park Gyu Young (as Nam Joo Ri), Kim Joo Heon (as Lee Sang In), the drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" is expected to become the most successful work in the first half of 2020.

OSEN = Reporter Kim Eun Ae /misskim321@osen.co.kr
Photo = "It's Okay to Not Be Okay"
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 1

Seo Ye Ji’s Reps Clarify Her Emergency Room Visit For Minor Injury Did Not Cause Cancelation Of Event For New Drama

Actress Seo Ye Ji’s agency has responded to reports regarding her recent hospital visit.

Seo Ye Ji is acting alongside Kim Soo Hyun in the upcoming tvN drama “Psycho But It’s Okay” (working title). A ritual event for the drama was scheduled to be held on May 5. The cast and crew of many dramas and films hold such events as a both a good luck ritual for their project and a boost for team spirit.

On May 6, OSEN reported that the staff had received notice that the ritual was canceled on the day of the event. The outlet said that exact reason for the cancelation wasn’t shared, but they wrote that several sources had told them, “Seo Ye Ji went to the emergency room at dawn that day. So it seems that’s why it was canceled.”

OSEN went on to quote a source from Seo Ye Ji’s agency who stated, “It’s true that Seo Ye Ji went to the emergency room. She had light bruising, and currently there is nothing wrong with her health. After she went to the emergency room, she also carried out her scheduled filming.” They stated that this was unrelated to the cancelation of the ritual event.

An agency source gave a similar statement to the news outlet MyDaily and also clarified that there will be no effect on future filming.

“Psycho but It’s Okay” tells the story of a community health worker (Kim Soo Hyun) at a psychiatric ward who doesn’t have time for love and a popular children’s book author (Seo Ye Ji) who has never known love and suffers from antisocial personality disorder.

The drama is scheduled to premiere on tvN in June.

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=117&aid=0003359646

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398713wpp/seo-ye-jis-reps-clarify-her-emergency-room-visit-for-minor-injury-did-not-cause-cancelation-of-event-for-new-drama?fbclid=IwAR1QUDB6_qCoVqjeers55hDlM3ZDxwootLAHcPqM8idIbVkOuFP9SfZJTJM

202005061935367282_1_20200506200319003.jpg?type=w540

• Like 2

Script reading is out ~ 

Lol... it looks so fun and here I thought this would be somewhat melo since it's a healing (?) drama. Guess not, can't wait for KSH and SYJ. This is interesting since SYJ signed in KSH's company early this year as well :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

'Psycho is okay'   Kim Soo Hyun, Seo Ye-ji, Oh Jeong-se, and Park Gyu-young attended the script. 

On the 8th, tvN's new Saturday drama 'Psycho but it's okay' (Director Park Shin-woo) released a photo containing the scene of the main story where all the leading roles such as Kim Soo-hyun, Seo Ye-ji, Oh Jeong-se, and Park Gyu-young gathered together. 

A fanciful psychic ward guard who rejects love under the heavy weight of 'Psycho, but it's okay' Moon Kang-tae (Kim Soo-hyun) and fairy tale writer Ko Moon-young (Seo Ye-ji's) who don't know love due to birth defects, heals each other's wounds and heals them It is a fairy-tale healing romance drama. 

The main actors who led the work, including director Park Shin-woo and artist  Kim Soo-hyun, Seo Ye Ji, Oh Gyu-se, Kim Joo-heon, Kim Chang-wan, Kim Mi-gyeong, and Jang Gyu-ri, Earl Kang, and Park Jin-joo, were gathered in one place. 

Prior to the start, director Park Shin-woo encouraged the morale by saying, "I will do my best to help actors realize their roles and characters freely and creatively in this work. I wish it was a drama that everyone is making together."
The actors, staff and officials who participated in this also added fighting with strong applause.

When he entered the main story in earnest, the character and the actors who were united continued. Kim Soo-hyun, who first served as the guardian of the mental hospital Moon Kang-tae, captured the emotions of the character that was not revealed even though he had inner loneliness and loneliness. Expressed aura and changelessness freely and immersed himself. In particular, the breath of the two actors, who evoke the strange tension of Moon Kang-tae and Go Moon-young, raised the power of the romantic comedy. 

Subsequently, Oh Jeong-se turned to Moon Kang-tae's brother-in-law and autism spectrum (ASD) disorder, changing his tone and vocalization and vividly reviving the character's character. Kim Soo-hyun and Oh Jeong-se's brother, who can feel realistic even after reading the script, have raised the expectations of the two men.
In addition, Park Gyu-young also drew Kang Nam-tae's colleague and mental health nurse Nam Joo-ri character calmly. 

In addition, the scene of reading showed the energy of mid-sized actors and youth actors. Actors such as Kim Chang-wan, Kim Mi-kyung, Jang Yeong-nam, and Lee Eol added a sense of weight with the flavor of the drama, and youth actors such as Kim Joo-heon, Kang Pil-jin, and Park Gyu-ju, Jang Gyu-ri, gave joyful vitality, and overflowing with laughter. 

'Psycho is okay'  said an official, "It was a script reading scene where you could feel comical laughter and excitement with the actors who made use of the charms of unique characters for 10 minutes."  
On the other hand, 'Psycho but it's okay' will be aired for the first time in June

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/421/0004626229

95811053_1149538962072910_78691885322610

95769129_1149538982072908_94974826564812

김수현·서예지, 긴장과 설렘 오간 호흡…'사이코지만 괜찮아' 대본리딩 현장

Spoiler

Script reading 'It's Okay To Not Be Okay'

bc8fe30egy1gekrn7zy09j21t00u0dy3.jpg

005zaCLggy1gekqy27litj31d60ssqqk.jpg

007aJPDqly1gekoskwddhj31t00u01dl.jpg

bc8fe30egy1gekrn6btgej21t00u0qle.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2020 at 5:04 PM, hwonhwon_stv said:

The name of the mental hospital is exposed!

OK hospital

Oooh! So the title is a play on words on the title of the hospital too.

On 4/30/2020 at 10:14 AM, hwonhwon_stv said:

Kim Mi Kyung plays the head chef of the mental hospital.
The location of the shooting studio

From IG

:scream: One of my fave actresses is in this drama and not playing somebody's mother.  I must watch!

13 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Script reading is out ~ 

Lol... it looks so fun and here I thought this would be somewhat melo since it's a healing (?) drama. Guess not, can't wait for KSH and SYJ. This is interesting since SYJ signed in KSH's company early this year as well :D

It looks really good.  I thought it was going to be more melancholy too but it looks very entertaining:D

Thanks for the updates everyone.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hong Kong media

Kim Soo Hyun drama started to play the male nurse 
South Korea Kim Soo Hyun, the leading actor of the drama "You from the Stars", finally retired from military service last year, and finally released a new drama. His new drama "Psycho but it does not matter" for tvN has been implemented for the first broadcast next month.

Although Kim Soo Hyun once appeared in the guest "Hotel Deluna" and "CLOY", but this time he officially returned to the TV series five years apart. In the new play, he played as a male nurse in a psychiatric hospital, and the heroine Seo Ye Jii was a fairytale writer with an antisocial personality. , The story describes the romantic and bizarre love story between the two.

Kim Soo Hyun had already started work for the new play earlier. Yesterday tvN released photos and short films of the actors ’first intensive reading of the play'. Kim Soo Hyun, who has not played the new play for a long time, is very serious. He just danced around the play and he said in his short film: Long absence to greet everyone, I am really very happy. I will do my best to present good works.

95773128_1089031718135122_70855400780170

[The Return of the Male God] Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji laughed at the script

After the Korean male god Kim Soo Hyun retired in July last year, he will work with the actress Seo Ye Ji this year to co-operate with tvN's new drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" ) Comeback, the new drama is expected to be aired next month, and the episode will be available on Netflix.

Earlier, Kim Soo Hyun and a number of actors had already been put into filming work, and today the crew released their tidbit photos when they read the script. Everyone was very involved and the atmosphere was very harmonious. The crew said: "The actors fully demonstrated the charm of the characters with their excellent acting skills, making people feel nervous and hilarious. I hope everyone can look forward to it."
At the same time, the crew also released a live footage of the scene. Kim Soo Hyun laughed when reading the script. It's hilarious to keep asking me if I can get out of the street when I learn of vulgar language.

96120968_1089034544801506_11069147383500

96102815_1089034624801498_20511037099993

Spoiler

96519502_1089034704801490_92212869247218

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:39 PM, raziela said:

It looks really good.  I thought it was going to be more melancholy too but it looks very entertaining:D

I know they said it will be a healing drama but hopefully there would be more fun scenes to it. I mean, idk if this is a trend now but most of the Kdramas this 2020  are all about healing.. lol..

• Like 3

On 5/9/2020 at 7:19 PM, lightbringer06 said:

I know they said it will be a healing drama but hopefully there would be more fun scenes to it. I mean, idk if this is a trend now but most of the Kdramas this 2020  are all about healing.. lol..

What’s a healing drama 

by the way hi everyone I am Soumya a big Kim Soo hyun fan

Do u guys know if we have any env subtitles available for a drip reading session 

or can somebody please provide the written update if the video

reallly appreciate it :)

Healing drama is it kind of a kdrama genre ????

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!

3 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

Ko Moon-young Pictures

It seems to be a picture of Ko Moon-young

Thank you for sharing 

7 hours ago, stella77 said:

@MySpace_KimSooHyunAdmirer Yes, it is a type of K-drama. I think ‘healing drama’ are those slice of life kinda of drama that focuses on being inspirational to get people over difficult times. I think it is timely for one that takes on the sensitive and often misunderstood issue of mental health. 

Woww that’s great 

thinking of this Kim soo hyun gives his best performance in the emotional scenes

woww full package it would be we can expect great action from him 

10 hours ago, MySpace_KimSooHyunAdmirer said:

What’s a healing drama 

by the way hi everyone I am Soumya a big Kim Soo hyun fan

Do u guys know if we have any env subtitles available for a drip reading session 

or can somebody please provide the written update if the video

reallly appreciate it :)

Healing drama is it kind of a kdrama genre ????

Sorry will take care of that going forward 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!

Hongkong Media

Play mental patient monitoring! Kim Soo Hyun's comeback drama first appearance

Kim Soo Hyun, a 32-year-old Korean god who retired in July last year, signed a contract with his cousin-invested Gold Medalist, and immediately announced that the actress Seo Ye Ji co-starred in the tvN new drama "Psycho but it does not matter". Looking forward to, and will be broadcast next month!

Kim Soo Hyun plays the guardian of the mentally ill in the play, and is dependent on the autistic brother, Seo Ye Ji plays the popular fairy tale writer with antisocial personality disorder. The two will stage a fairy tale romantic love story beyond life and death.

The series was released in low-key at the end of March, and it has been a month and a half since now. Apart from the crew's public photo of the scene of the script, Kim Soo Hyun's style in the play has not yet been exposed.
However yesterday, netizen finally released a live photo of his work on the episode, and wrote: "Kim Soo Hyun filmed at the door of my parents' house. It was my parents who took the photo and passed it to me. It was a pity that they could see him only ten minutes away.

As you can see from the photo, Kim Soo Hyun is wearing a jacket and jeans, dressed lightly, and beside him is a large truck full of furniture. It is unknown whether he is going to film the moving scene.

https://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/entertainment/20200514/bkn-20200514070033906-0514_00862_001.html?fbclid=IwAR0DHPDzuM2VUWp0DEz2lGx811bxPXdYSJv10PqBZ-FJshNctjj-UVLuj4w

b5ebb32397dda1443b41bcd9a5b7d0a20df486ca.jpg

f0682b23dd54564e5f203452a4de9c82d0584fd5.jpg

Spoiler

bkn-20200514070033906-0514_00862_001_01p.jpg?20200514101522

• Shocked 1