Quantcast

[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I don’t think the instrumental osts have been released yet, right?

i like the ost used when MY was slapped by the patient’s ex and KT caresses her cheek because she says it hurts. The ost is used in other scenes too. 

They are now released :)

Spotify Link - https://open.spotify.com/album/755HTtRdITPRmXkcZysj27?si=yg99So2HQ9SckOmNWD3aQQ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a wild theory that POR is Do Hee Jae’s twin sister, and the real murderer was POR, not DHJ. But it could well be me grasping at straws, hoping that MY’s mom didn’t kill KT’s mom.   DH

For one reason or another I kept thinking of the old Beatles' song "Eleanor Rigby" during this last episode. The chorus kept reverberating in my ears : "All the lonely people... where do they all come

It is worth mentioning that Mun-yeong became a writer too but not of (adult) crime fiction but of children's books. Although the mother's influence on the daughter was palpable, the daughter resisted

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I don’t think the instrumental osts have been released yet, right?

i like the ost used when MY was slapped by the patient’s ex and KT caresses her cheek because she says it hurts. The ost is used in other scenes too. 

What is the name of the song?  If it's OST it has been released together but if it's BGM then we'll get it later.

Some might not be able to listen to it through Spotify but you can still listen to it through YT Music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am happy with this ending because I feel that I don’t need to hear the mom’s backstory. With these people you dong need to feel sorry for. You just need to know she’s evil without rhyme and reason. It’s like we shouldn’t give her any further attention. The father’s memory was distorted. I think in his head, he remember wanting to push her off the second floor. But I think he tried drowning her and MY saved her. In her nightterror, it’s always of the water and she put her mom in the dungeon to hide from her father. Her memory is also distorted that the water is blood. So that was the last MY seen of her mom. 

I am glad they sleep together because that’s the whole point of the story too. Haha They have to satisfy MY and her persistence. 

this is such a healing drama and I feel so happy for everyone. They are not complete but they are growing and in processing of healing. They’re all not stuck.

I’m very satisfy how it wrap up. I will miss this drama so much. I was growing with all the characters, cheer for them and I’m glad they all have happy ending and not tragic. People who are not complete deserve a happy ending too. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

Does anyone have any theories of how her mom survives and became the head nurse ?Why did she do that?

It was not mentioned .. and I think I need to let go of this part...

Credit to the owner

Incredible show with a great ending, something rare these days where mot current shows I either skip or drop it in the middle. Major feels in the end when oppa owned his independence and dream. Overall beautiful story and I hope I find my own soul family like that 

• Like 1

I truly love everything about this drama from the music to the set designs, everything. The only thing that fell short of my expectations was the story of MY's mother, she was an expected tornado that turned into a light rain shower. The climax wasn't as twisted as I hoped for but I understand this was about MY, GT and ST so I didn't dwell on it too long. The message of this drama is very beautiful, you are who you are and no one can change that. I love that.

The world in 2020 needed healing and this drama has answered our prayers. Thank you cast and crew for a drama that has given us light in some dark times. This drama is so heartwarming, my heart is full for the rest of the year.

• Like 8

I'm super pleased with the ending. Did the show answer all our questions? No. Mmm, so what exactly happened to Park Ok Ran? I guess it doesn't really matter anymore. The important thing for me is that our three leads received wonderful conclusions to their tales, and we're free to imagine where the next chapters will take them. I loved the mini vignette at the end of episode 16 showing our trio on their RV trip. They bonded, they laughed, they truly came together as a family.

This is the first kdrama I've ever watched with the benefit of a discussion board. It's been fun reading everyone's theories and reactions.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, JungRok said:

CW 2020 and will watch.

1. CHIP In

2. Secret Forest S2

3. Train 

Please suggest me of a drama?? 

Just a suggestion, you may watch "Good Detective", Oh Sung Se was there as murderer, another different extreme role you can perceive his excellent performance as compare to this Its okay not to be okay drama. But I personally like his performance in OKAY drama.

Train - i was highly anticipated but it wasn't that good that met my expectation in terms of thriller genre. Well, you can still watch if you have time.

Another highly recommended drama are :

1. "When the Camellia blooms" (it won big in Daesang Award 2020) and

it should place in your must-watch drama list.

2. My Mister - It won Baeksang Arts award for Best TV drama 

3. Watcher  It was so good that Watcher may come back as season 2...

4. The world of the married - i am not sure if you like this extramarital affairs genre of storyline, but i enjoyed it very much. LOL

You can read the review before watching them, but they are all highly commendable. Enjoy it.

• Like 2

Wow what an ending!!!! I love this show so much !! I think by far it might be my favorite 2020 drama !!! Never cried this hard before over a show lol. I found that the issues they talked about could be very relatable as well as applicable in anyone's life which made it all the more amazing! And I loved the overall message they were trying to convey which is that Its Okay To Not Be Okay !!!

Favorite parts were:

1) DHJ getting smacked in the head by the book of reality by ST

2) KT/ST's mom tree

3) KT's parallel love confession

4) The Trio's camping trip

5) KT and MY FINALLY STIRRING THE HONEYPOT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YASSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

6) ST branching out on his own

7) Any scenes with JR's mom and Director O

8) Seung Jae hiding the manuscript to torture LSI hahahah

*Its so hard to have a single favorite part haha! I loved the whole show basically haha !

Here are some of my questions though:

1) Did MY end up selling the house?

2) How did DHJ survive? haha

• Like 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Just a suggestion, you may watch "Good Detective", Oh Sung Se was there as murderer, another different extreme role you can perceive his excellent performance as compare to this Its okay not to be okay drama. But I personally like his performance in OKAY drama.

Train - i was highly anticipated but it wasn't that good that met my expectation in terms of thriller genre. Well, you can still watch if you have time.

Another highly recommended drama are :

1. "When the Camellia blooms" (it won big in Daesang Award 2020) and

it should place in your must-watch drama list.

2. My Mister - It won Baeksang Arts award for Best TV drama 

3. Watcher  It was so good that Watcher may come back as season 2...

4. The world of the married - i am not sure if you like this extramarital affairs genre of storyline, but i enjoyed it very much. LOL

You can read the review before watching them, but they are all highly commendable. Enjoy it.

I currently watching Good Detective as well..

What I meant is Dramas in 2020... I had a long list of watching kdramas since 2012. 

the other recommendation you suggests.. was from 2019

I already watched it huhu

Yaahh.. i forgot to put When Camelia Blooms in the list (2019).. Theme is about Mothers' Love, Undying Love and Societal Problems. Oh Jung Se is also famous from that. 

My Ahjussi 2018 - I think that was Lee Ji Eun great comeback drama after the Producers. I love her potrayal and that also teaches us human values. The first "ItsOkayToNotBeOkay" kind of drama I ever watched. Harsh life about teens becoming adult and mid life crisis. The OST by Sondia was so good.

The World of the Married.. I honestly dislike because there are a lot of similar tone and drama I kinda watched.. drama from My Wife is having an affair, VIP by Jang Nara.. and more.. I couldnt even remember..

Ohhh shoot.. I think Its Okay,Thats Love 2016 is kind of drama maybe sets the precedent of "ItsOkayToNotBeOkay"

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Reading all the different posts weighing in on the ending, and I guess my thoughts are a mish mash of everyone else's too.

The last episode was a nice wrap up, though I would have to say that at least for me, I felt much more could have been done in episode 15. I actually fell asleep mid-way watching it and woke up only cos Gangtae yelled at Moonyeong.

I am in the camp that felt that the biggest gap in writing had to do with the mum's character. As @N Bina said, there was so much of a build up to the mystery surrounding her, that I felt the "solution" presented was quite a let down. Not that a plot twist was needed regarding who DHJ/Head Nurse/POR was or was not -- I find it perfectly acceptable that the Head Nurse turned out indeed to be the evil, twisted mum. However, the writing for her character is the least coherent and for me, the biggest flaw in the fabric of the story. Too many questions simply wrapped up in plastic surgery seemed like lazy or "lost" writing to resolve a case:

1. Whose memories were correct? Could the garbled memories have meant something but in wrong sequence?
  2. What or who had been stuffed in the bag and thrown down the lake?
  3. How did she escape or was there no heavily publicised news coverage of her disappearance? She was, after all, a famous novelist that had one last book everyone was waiting to be published.
  4. The voice. No amount of plastic surgery could have changed her voice - could they not have written something intelligent out of that and used sound editing to also add to the mystery and it's resolution?

It felt like the writer had either written herself into a corner and had no more time left to find an intelligent solution, or the director had spent too much time dragging out Gangtae's personal angst, that the overall time management went to a sloppy wrap up for the main antagonist in the penultimate episode.

Another regret is the lack of character development with Juri and Jaesu. Especially for Juri being supposedly a prominent character in the story, nothing was said of how she overcame her childhood hurts. After all, wasn't her childhood angst and pain related to Moonyeong part of the foundational beginnings of the story? Seemed like a wasted story there too that so easily got swept in with the publisher dude moving in and suddenly liking her. Likewise for Jaesu, the friend who followed the brothers around, only to return to the beginning with them -- why did he do that? What is his backstory in the journey of personal pains, growth, and healing?

All said, it was a great attempt to delve into the lives of neuro-atypical persons. I loved how they explored the growth of an ASD person and someone with a social-personality disorder. They looked at the various patients in the psychiatric hospital as well and how everyone really desires to live as full a life as they can. The role reversals of Gangtae and Moonyeong were cute too -- they really complete each other. 

It's really okay to not be okay.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
4 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

Did MY end up selling the house?

2) How did DHJ survive? haha

I think MY will keep the house because Sang Tae wants to stay as a family. Perhaps maybe as long as you have a family to return to, doesnt matter you have a home or not.. because your family is where your home is, right? 

Maybe she wants to cherish the house as you know.. First Intense Kiss, First Consolation, First Butterfly Hug on the Bed and FIRST NIGHT "humpingtogethermakingbabies"

Like MY said to the mother and Sang Tae; she wants to be a butterfly that heals and as well as she aims to gain hapy memories more than ever; replacing that bad nightmares 

2) DHJ survives. This is a big question mark. But the showrunners already teased us about Ko Dae Hwan mental state and his memories might be distorted. We saw flashback of MY getting choked by his father, flashback of drowning and flashback of dead body. Lee Sang In also mentioned that in ep 3 or 4, that The Castle is the place where her mother presumebly dead. And then flashback of a woman rise up from the lake.. We may think that MY saw and witness everything from the start of Ko Dae Hwan bad deeds... but nevertheless.. yeahh they should have an explanation for it. I might re watch it again to search for clues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Another regret is the lack of character development with Juri and Jaesu. Especially for Juri being supposedly a prominent character in the story, nothing was said of how she overcame her childhood hurts. After all, wasn't her childhood angst and pain related to Moonyeong part of the foundational beginnings of the story? Seemed like a wasted story there too that so easily got swept in with the publisher dude moving in and suddenly liking her. Likewise for Jaesu, the friend who followed the brothers around, only to return to the beginning with them -- why did he do that? What is his backstory in the journey of personal pains, growth, and healing?

Jae su said "do I need an excuse to follow you around. I can do whatever I want to do".. I guess that was the writer answer to JaeSu character.. but well.. yeahh..maybe they did filming it and cut down from final release..who knows... 

Ju Ri seems a great character that could be explored since she was teased to be part of main character. Childhood memories are often a pain.. maybe she grew up ignoring that as we know she lost her father at a very young age and having a mother who worked hard to feed the family.. 

Ohh well.. i believe this is the 2nd drama written by the author.. perhaps to maintain popularity and ratings.. some scripts hv to be changed... 

For me, Its Okay to Not Be An Okay "Drama".. hahaha well

• Like 2

Thanks for all the kind review on this drama because i felt the same too with you guys that shared in this forum. It is so hard to be "detached" from this drama after it ended - What a fun ride to the end with tears and laughters together, we have the WHOLE package that we enjoyed in this drama, needless to say, this drama deserves the best for everything.

To add on, I like the conversation scene between GT and JS - GT told him that he would go for study and JS wanted to join him, but GT advised him to think carefully what he wanted to do in future, to choose your own path, not as a follower. SPOT ON....JS whole life has been a follower, a faithful and loyal person to his close friend, GT, and he may forget what he really wants for himself in his whole life, he forgets his own passion, he forgets his own value, he always takes care of GT when he needs help . I am so glad that the writer had highlighted something to this pair of friendship cum brotherhood relationship.  Many people will walk in and out of our life, but only true friends will leave footprints in our heart. ... It's engraved in his heart in letters of gold - GT deserves a big smile on his face. 

Not only I love the main leads' passionate kisses at the beginning, their sibling love, their friendships, and the most importantly is their "set free mood" is the key success to wrap up the ending, and at the same time,  it is a new beginning in their life.

I am surprised to see ST leave the sweet couple at the end, but on the other hand, seeing him grow even mature and independent made me cried alot and missed him alot. I never have such "attached feeling" to any Kdrama before , this is the only one, and I missed them a lot. Their camping journey scenes brought me lots of sweet memories that I had with my family in Australia and US when we drove in a caravan too.  

Shall we have a season 2, OR..... ? Flying kisses and hugging to all :)

• Like 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Shall we have a season 2, pls ? Flying kisses and hugging to all :)

Do we need a season 2? How about another kind of drama by Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji.. let Oh Jung Se having a cameo being a Bad Boss or Cool Person because That was Sang Tae dream to be a Cool Person in the Epi 2 and Epi 4

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, JungRok said:

Do we need a season 2? How about another kind of drama by Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji.. let Oh Jung Se having a cameo being a Bad Boss or Cool Person because That was Sang Tae dream to be a Cool Person in the Epi 2 and Epi 4

If put them into another project, I would prefer KSH to act in a stronger role, we know that he is very good in comedy and crying scene and this time, he should pick a strong role with his hair comb up (eg. as a tycoon, successful head of business segment, or specific industry like real estate) and SYJ can be his opponent or strategic partner to work on case, I prefer the event happens in modern days because I want to see the SYJ fashion again. LOL :D

• Like 3

my heart is so full after watching the final ep :bawling: the perfect ending with fan service but also a beautiful closure for all our characters. while it was expected that their new book would include the patients, it was so wonderful to see them come back to the hospital and see how far they've come. ST was really the star of the last few episodes as we saw how much he's grown and become independent. KT has also finally understood what self love is. i rarely rewatch dramas but this one is definitely one worth rewatching!

everybody got their happy ending! happy happy~

also when she says she's sleepy :shaq:

• Like 4

I have been a silent reader in this forum but since the drama ended I decided to share my thoughts.

This drama is truly a healing drama for me and for everyone. I think this is the first drama where all the characters showed some growth in their character development.

In this trying times, watching this drama for the past 2 months I learned and realised the importance of loving myself and how important it is to find my courage to seek happiness.

Thank you to all the actors who were outstanding and phenomenal, the writer and director and all the staff and crew member.

I am hoping to see Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Yea Ji in another drama since they have set the bar high with this drama. 

Sigh I am going through drama withdrawal now

• Like 4
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

If put them into another project, I would prefer KSH to act in a stronger role, we know that he is very good in comedy and crying scene and this time, he should pick a strong role with his hair comb up (eg. as a tycoon, successful head of business segment, or specific industry like real estate) and SYJ can be his opponent or strategic partner to work on case, I prefer the event happens in modern days because I want to see the SYJ fashion again. LOL :D

That sounds like Money Game and Suits.. ohh and Whats Wrong with Secretary Kim? .. hahaha.. hurmm it could be like a rom com type of comedy...

I imagine Kim Soo Hyun nailing a drama by acting as a Fashion Designer or a Musical Theater Coach and Ye Ji is trying hard to be theater actress that can perform ballet and acting but one thing she's cannot do is singing. 

Who knows how about a typical 1920s-1940s drama lmao..since Western culture exploded and influence many of those Asian countries during the colonialism. 

We saw them in BlueBeard scene as Esmerelda.. She looks great in that dress.. maybe a show where them wearing European centric dresses? 

23 minutes ago, suga02pearl said:

Sigh I am going through drama withdrawal now

mee toooo.. Its hasnt been long since Hospital Playlist drama withdrawal.. Aaahhh

• Like 3