Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

2 hours ago, leejoongi1trash said:

To be fair, we haven't been shown again and again that the mom was dead. They repeatedly mentioned she disappeared and was presumed dead. The memories from the dad are just that, memories, which as we all know can be false and distorted. Plus the father was already sick then and his sickness had an effect on his cognitive abilities and memories. The memories are somewhat corroborated by MY but even she mentioned that the body simply vanished from the basement not that the father dumped the body in the river like the father recalled. 

Funny that I decided to watch Ep.1 again today (gonna watch the series again from the beginning before the weekend comes just to see if I've missed out on any details) and even Juri said this:

Screen-Shot-2020-08-04-at-10-48-26-PM.pn

And of course MY said this:

Screen-Shot-2020-08-04-at-10-48-39-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-08-04-at-10-49-13-PM.pn

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2020-08-04-at-10-49-03-PM.pn

So throughout the drama no one really acknowledged that MY's mom was actually dead. People just said she disappeared after publishing chapter 9 of her book and there was never a verified reason as to how and why she was gone.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Wow I had a lot to read to catch up after a busy weekend and finally watched both weekend episodes last night. So many great posts btw. 

@40somethingahjumma I am going to join the bandwagon, I ALWAYS enjoy your posts. I always marvel and appreciate your thoughts, comments and making them easy to digest while also pointing out aspects I would not be aware of or catch. These types of analysis are my weaknesses but reading your writings is always thrilling and enlightening. Thank you always. As I said before, when I see you post, I get giddy and excited to see what you write EVERY TIME.  :hooray2:

I do agree with many people's views here and I am not going to be able to add anything more than agreements or what I liked.

@Helena Wow the actress as Nurse Park and KSH----she is just a star. I love seeing her in a lot of dramas and cool that they show her and KSH in other projects.

@gilaswan OMG Mommy Dearest, Faye Dunaway was a tour de force and that was creepy when she kept saying "No Wire Hangers!" Thanks for your comments and thoughts too. I too was a bit traumatized by that movie as a kid.

@lebeaucouple  Oh thanks for your insights more on "The Hand, the Monkfish" and how that relates to the story. i must admit I did not hear of a lot of the fairy tales before this drama nor the "darker" aspects too. I have known more the sanitized versions growing up.

@nhicar tabuzo  Your post dedicated all about Nurse Park--thanks for that. Also @floweroad too for your post I feel there are aspects or details to consider that i did not catch.

This past weekend was intense (after the prior weekend) we got our memorable Bday Kiss scene. I loved the seal it with  a kiss this weekend. But the heaviness but ST just shined brightly. The hospital director WAS spot on about ST being the one to surprise everyone. He is TOTALLY stepping up. 

@angelflower Great point about the beautiful support system among them to take care and check in on each other---I was so happy to see this too.

The fact that JR told CEO that she was worried about MY (when he thought she was going to talk to KT) and him being emotional. CEO is a sweetie pie and big softie (as we see over time). Or when he teared up seeing how lovely JR mom is worrying about the Moon Bros and everyone else. Or the fact she checked in on CEO to give him food and then advice about JR. Or how JR Mom was telling KT she felt he was like her daughter grabbing food to feed the son in law. (My Korean friends tell me they do this a lot, just KT is role reversal as the wife.)  I think JR was touched that CEO came to the bus stop to pick her up. (How can she not like that? But I agree CEO was awkward and weird when he was talking of his ideal type and had to say 'daughter" Dang that is creepy indeed.)

The plot twist that the troublemaker nurse aide is Director's son . OMG. When that scene opened, I was wondering why would the boss bother lowly nurse aide to drink with him, that is def weird until you realize it is his son. I loved that the Director actually apologized. He swallowed his pride and ego when he realized the big betrayal from Nurse Park (everything he took for granted was NOT REAL.) I loved how he told KT to not trust ANYONE even him. Wow so true.

Jaesu being a star and CEO being a star being by KT and MY is amazing. They are both lovely people and I agree JS DESERVES (more than deserves) a spot in the Family Photo is true. They may are supportive and give their all but that is only so much as MY and KT are able to heal each other in ways their friends /supporter can. The power of love (for our OTP) is transformative but they had a rough time to get to where they are now. But I have been loving the bumpy road. 

I loved that MY called JR to be her drinking buddy and talked about her troubled past with her mom and dad.  (She would never have done that before. I am glad that JR is realizing that her life is not as rosy as it seems despite looking like has it all.)

Even the assistant to CEO was trying to help him woo JR by telling him to fib to get her nervous /jealous over him while he was away seeing his dad. She may complain about CEO, but she is loyal and works hard and well when she needs to. It was cute to see that JS thought she was cute when she was giving ST cute expressions but he had difficulty translating her expressions to the page. (I cannot draw men well but I can draw women well. Same for my bro, he draws men well but not women well.)

ST---your scenes and growth through the last few weeks has been leaps and bounds and so happy and proud. Standing up to be a reliable hyung, giving your dongseng a hug when needed, learning to be better at seeing expressions, being able to hold his OWN umbrella (so symbolic) and being able to go to JS while KT is consoling MY when in the past he wouldn't do it. Or the fact he fed MY and forgave her so she could eat. 

MY---that scene crying and being upset (though through no fault of her own her guilt learning of her mom's unspeakable crimes to the Moon brothers) was truly amazing.  Both ST and MY were making me feel sad and teary.  MY is NOT an empty vessel and realizing others feelings and not her own and growing emotions to express herself. 

As for Nurse Park being mom---it does seem far-fetched she escaped from the bottom of the lake after all that blood coming from her injury falling down. But as pointed out, MY dad memory could be faulty due to the brain tumor. Still I feel it being the SISTER than MY actual mom. But then again Drama Writers are not always known to make SENSE. But as others here have mentioned. I agree it is the JOURNEY more for me than if she is or if she is not the mom doesn't matter for me . (Same like I did not care for the who is the eventual boyfriend of the FL in Reply 1988---but the neighbors deep bonds of friendship had me hooked on the drama.) 

As we head to the FINALE weekend, i am curious how it will all end.  But this journey has been amazing and the current batch of dramas --it has kept me intrigued, happy and invested in it. Grateful to have Soompi Forums to catch up and learn more deeply about dramas/story lines/ actors/ bts. YESH! Thank you always.

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Not Me said:

another BTS of ep 11-12, but still no kiss scene BTS

no ep 13-14 BTS uploaded yet

It's not available in my country! :(.

I have never truly realized the extent of MY's suffering under her parent's upbringing until the last two episodes.

Honestly, I am at a loss of word at how  MY's mother treats her. How horrible it is to treat a child like one of your work, shaping her to be the one you want her to be without caring what that child truly wants and needs. Giving birth to a child doesn't automatically gives a mother the right to treat him or her the way MY's mother does. 

We already know the story of the zombie kid who longs for mom's affection rather than food. And now we learn about the story of a mom abandoning her child because the child is not perfect or as useful as she wants the child to be. Even though the child becomes like that because of the way the mother raises her. The mom never realizes her mistakes but takes it all out on the child. The child doesn't know what she does wrong and calls out for the mom to get her back. It is a short but cruel story of motherhood that really haunts me, seeing how the poor kid is treat. Put MY in that shoe and we can at least imagine how MY feels under her mom's hand. It is so suffocating how her mom thinks she does everything for her under the disguise of love. It is maybe love after all but a deformed kind of love from a true psychopath. Honestly, how exactly does she want her child to be? A psychopath like her who is talented but isolated from the real world, living like a zombie her whole life?

Her dad loves her but stays silent to let her mom raise her the way she wants ; hence she resents him. He only takes it on her mom on a moment of rage. And twice he tries to strangle his daughter to death when he is not sane enough due to his illness. The only good memories he leaves behind for MY is the only happy memory of him she holds on to and what shapes her to become the famous children book writer she is now. He loves his daughter in his own way but it is true that being silent to a crime makes you no less guilty - even worse.

How MY still can still retain the good in her , be able to express her pain and experience in her stories amazes me. She truly a gifted writer. She can see through the cruelty of the world without prejudice. Weak and lonely people are attracted to each other; no wonder why she can see though KT's loneliness and wish of being loved, pushing him to open up. 

Along with the drama's progress, many times I forget how MY is not normal. The way she dress is a cover-up, the way she talks and have no or little consideration of other's feeling are products of her upbringing. Inside, she wants to be loved as much as KT. After the last two episodes, I don't think I can forget that again. 

MY, ST, KT, they are still children trapped inside the bodies of adult in the beginning but gradually they mature. All of them experience indescribable pain but start facing and embracing it for the rights and opportunities to become happy, having a family of their own. I can't forget how ST hastily jumps the stairs to the castle's entrance to bring MY something to eat - he truly thinks of her as his family, like KT, now. 

There is a happy ending, I think we know that for sure, seeing BTS pictures of the dream van. But boy, the road to happiness is so rough for the three of them even though the pain and suffering make them who they are now.

• Like 10

Here is my serious thought. 

In EP 3, Moon Young came by for her 1st class, and then she saw her father - there we see a glimpse of a scar. Later that in ep 4, we saw again Ko Dae Hwan is choking Mun Yeong on her bed. I imagine Mun Yeong retaliates and scratches her father a lot. We do not know how Ko Dae Hwan admitted to the hospital or how Mun Yeong grew up. I would like to imagine that her father's family side or mother took her in - until she went grow up independently to become a writer at age 20++. I presume that happen maybe after Moon brothers flee and her mother disappears. 

In EP1, Gang Tae changes employment for 10 years, and meaning that he wasnt able to complete high school certificate and didnt go to the military - since he is registered with autistic brother and no family. 

In EP4 or 5 and then the later ep 14, we saw her father pushed Do Hui Jae,  she bleeds a lot - and then it skips to the scene they implied him throw the body into the lake. I believe that is his own memory - hinted with the distortion due to tumor. We didn't see any of Mun Young memories except her fond memories of fairytale. One thing for sure is that Ko Dae Hwan is an enabler - he didnt know or pretend not to know about the mother abuse. 

We all know the mother might be threatening Mun Yeong over trivial things like when Gang Tae came to the castle; or when she tried to have friends or when nurtures her mind, making her hair like a leash. Thats why we saw her character is so nonchalant and stands aloof above everybody else. Then, it melted down due to Gang Tae. With Sang Tae as well, she learns the value of family little by little.

Gang Tae also learns that he can fulfill his desire as long as he tries to learn that Sang Tae can also understand it. Sang Tae is maturing fast. When we re watch the previous ep, he is quite rash and more immature - like easily throwing tantrum, be amused and becomes too excited. 

Now to the theory, 

1st situation
I believe Mun Yeong might have helped her own mother to escape. A hint that Mun Yeong says her soul might be alive and my dad is dead inside

2nd situation
Ko Dae Hwan killed someone else or really killed Do Hui Jae.

two sisters; is it possible that Ko Dae Hwan had another daughter; an older one? looking at the abuse, I theorizes that the older daughter embraces Do Hui Jae persona; what is the cause for Do Hui Jae quit from medical 3rd year. Perhaps a traumatic event happen to her and change her completely. Maybe she was raped and bore a daughter. Yet she threw out the daughter by stating her daughter separated from her, and soon find solace in writing. She marries Ko Dae Hwan, and he find out about her daughter and proceeds to help the older daughter. That's why he hired Moon brothers' mother as a caretaker- to ease Do Hui Jae. Do Hui Jae isnt happy with the idea, and the idea of another daughter. She became more radical; abusing both sisters- but abuse more of the elder sister. 

And it is not Moon Young witness the killing; it was the older daughter

Who knows. I might rambling about. One thing for sure; Mun Yeong still didnt tell her story and the brooches seems off; she wore on the left side, but the mother wear it on the right side - and it seems she is searching for the last manuscript? why did she came to the castle?

What if she wants to wait for Ko Dae Hwan to die first - plus he died of natural death due to tumor; its not like she killed him. She waited for that moment; where she wants to emerge as Do Hui Jae the writer; and claims of all the royalty. the only sole witness Ko Dae Hwan died; and then Mun Yeong who is so terrified of her. Ohh man. this is nonsensical thinking

• Like 3

@Nodame Yes, the journey does matter a lot, no matter what the ending will be. 

There is a nice quote“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go FAR, go TOGETHER.” 

When the three weakling stick together , and grow strong together in their journey by giving love and care and supporting one another that eventually will form a powerful synergy to achieve their common goal. The family portrait and the camping trip (pic drawn by ST) are already a subtle message given to us. 

If we follow the train of thought, and using many fairy tales starting from "zoomie kid" to "The hand, Monkfish" that depicted in the storyline, the writer reiterated once again and highlighted the parent's effect to child's behaviours are still the root cause and that is a good lesson for us to learn and reflect. The beauty of the story is, it doesn't stop there, the story allowed three of them stick together and help one another in their healing journey. I kept emphasizing the word "together" is because, they can't miss out one another in this Trio, at least to KT. Both of them are equally important to him in his heart even though he has placed ranking for them. Likewise, I am sure it applies the same to MY and ST.:)

• Like 2

Woahhh OST album got 36 songs+photobook

Psycho but it's okay / It's Okay Not to Be Okay OST albumwill be released. The album containing the OST of Psycho but it's okay / It's Okay Not to Be Okay will start selling through various online album sites starting today.

In this official album, Moonyoung and Kang Tae dolls appeared in the animation in 'Psycho but it's okay', a three-dimensional card with 'Butterfly' bookmark, photo card (random 2 out of 6), photobook (80P), and drama poster (limited to trial) It is expected to be a special gift for audiences who loved the drama in various configurations.

Full news:
https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/144/0000684040

cr. tamykshkim_216 IG

pre-order not yet open in yesasia

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

This whole BTS is just KSH crushing on SYJ <333

:foryou:

EeoOJXmXsAAES5F?format=jpg&name=small

cred. owner

• Like 18
  • LOL 1

Soo Hyun...you're showing!

who can blame him though?

:love::love:

EeobqOwXgAI5qs1?format=jpg&name=900x900EeobqOvXgAIvJzU?format=jpg&name=large

cred. owner

• Like 19
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, blademan said:

This whole BTS is just KSH crushing on SYJ <333

40 minutes ago, blademan said:

Soo Hyun...you're showing!

who can blame him though?

:love::love:

Well, there’s definitely an “improvement” since I didn’t see him get hot and bothered during the previous pictorial session.....:shaq:

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

Reading all your posts it got me thinking how I wish MY’s mother was indeed alive so that MY could have the opportunity to confront her deepest fears.  I’m sure as a child MY lacked the strength and courage to stand up for herself against her controlling mother - and frankly she probably lacked the words and know-hows in this regard.  Also to be referred to by her father as someone who will ‘grow up to be like her mother’, I can only imagine the exhilaration and liberty she would feel if she was able to speak to her mom and letting her mom know everything she couldn’t say before - like someone else said, to truly cut off her leash.  I think that the purpose of the mom being alive would be entirely for MY’s recovery, and not so much for GT/ST.  But who knows perhaps it will provide closure for GT/ST in some way as well, and justice will be served against MY’s mom.  

Also great analysis of MY’s character @vu_hoa1983!  I agree MY’s character is so complex.  I will binge rewatch the drama entirely and focus on MY.  I too did not realize the emotional turmoil MY holds within until the past 2 episodes.  Certainly it was exacerbated by the realization that her mother murdered GT/ST’s mom, but through her storybooks I think it’s clear she has had painful experiences but luckily she is able to articulate growth and realizations at the same time.  I guess these were words she finally found as an adult.  I love how GT often is able to provide her with a different perspective to her dark stories - I can’t provide a specific example at this moment but I am positive he did - I hope that what she’s experiencing now in eps 14 is her dark story and GT through his love will be able to offer her a different perspective to lift her up and out of the sad ending.  

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Guys..a very random thought..

WHAT IF..

Nurse Park is just the old-age version of the mother? Like, it’s been 20 years so it is possible to not look the same right? Sometimes we don’t even recognize others when we look at their photos too because of how much they have changed and grown over the years.  What if plastic surgery didn’t happen? What if it’s just natural aging??

:sweats:

Why don’t we just enjoy something else?

9o3Km7G15Mi2Cqompq63pU_3sUc1CL2xKdD7aMjA

:P :w00t:

much better for my brain..

• Wiggle 1

13 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Guys..a very random thought..

WHAT IF..

Nurse Park is just the old-age version of the mother? Like, it’s been 20 years so it is possible to not look the same right? Sometimes we don’t even recognize others when we look at their photos too because of how much they have changed and grown over the years.  What if plastic surgery didn’t happen? What if it’s just natural aging??

Why don’t we just enjoy something else?

:P :w00t:

much better for my brain..

Except...she didn't age?? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

she didn’t age??

Omg!! that’s right. She looks even younger than her husband did. 

what if it’s like this instead?

tenor.gif?itemid=16553842

:fear:

im not okay. Im not okay..

• LOL 4
  • Rickroll'D 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Haha ...and Got a Bit slimmer on face.

Dude Plastic Surgery

Fake Doc entering Seoul Hospital.

@vangsweetie637  

she didn’t age??

Omg!! that’s right. She looks even younger than her husband did. 

what if it’s like this instead?

Eshhh....

:fear:

Please please spare me these expected makajhang twist. Fingers crossed the writer won't let me down.

• LOL 2

Well, the drama kept hinting on sisters/brothers relationship. What if Nurse Park is MY's Mom's younger sister who aspire to be her sister but is not... or the step sister of MY abandoned... The fact that E13's title "The Father of 2 Sisters". She's killing the people whom she thinks killed her sister in her twisted morbid mind. Plus she feeds her kind act with a huge dose of "twisted". Her eyes in previous episodes does not look right... (while she was "kind") OoO

• Like 2

Woke up earlier to a world that needs healing again. I slept again and woke up to this comfort pill and touch therapy.

Thank you my healing squad.

• Love 1