Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

Please writer, don’t kill ST. I love him as the big brother of both KT and MY.

Don’t make me do this to you, writer-nim:

200.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/03/did-you-know-that-jang-young-nam-and-kim-soo-hyun-have-crossed-path-before/
Did You Know that Jang Young Nam and Kim Soo Hyun Have Crossed Path Before?

by krishkim

89455A2F-C7B3-485A-96EB-651FC52FE079.jpg
Credit: tvN

“Please, go easy on your acting.”

This is the reaction of viewers who watched the 14th episode of tvN’s weekend drama It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

During the episode, the real identity of Park Haeng Ja (Jang Young Nam), the head nurse, was revealed as Do Hee Jae, Go Moon Young’s mother and the one who killed Moon Sang Tae and Moon Kang Tae’s mother.

The fact that Park Haeng Ja was Do Hee Jae was a shocking surprise, but it was Jang Young Nam’s so-called “possessed” performance that captivated the viewers. In the scene where she smiled as she glared at the security camera gave off a cold and thrilling vibe without a single word.

After leaving the hospital, she began to threaten her daughter, Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji), in earnest. To her daughter, who is no longer under her control, Park Haeng Ja left a message, “all failures must be discarded.” Jang Young Nam’s realistic psychopath performance was followed by comments like “This is the first time I wanted an actor to act bad.”

Actually, Jang Young Nam came to light when she made a strong impression with the role Ah Ri, a shaman who met a gruesome end in MBC’s Moon Embracing the Sun (starring Kim Soo Hyun). Despite her short appearance, she received great attention for her enormous presence and acting prowess.

Since then, she has played various characters in both small and big screens, and has taken on a number of “key” supporting roles, including It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

Now, attention is focusing on whether It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, which has only two episodes left, will receive rave reviews from viewers until the very end.

84B6F980-66DB-44BD-BA47-0294DC7F0BD3.jpg

Source (1)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am so confused. All the signs seem to point to Head Nurse Park being MY's mom DHJ but how did she survive that fall and being dumped into the lake? MY can't have remembered it wrong, her memories should be working perfectly fine. 

You could argue that she survived and is actually alive, got plastic surgery (because the woman that her dad pushed and the nurse don't look the same) and no longer looks the same. But then why would they go to the lengths to hide MY's moms face every time a picture of her is shown to us. 

I just really hope that the nurse is not actually the mom and is dead. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

I think the flashback by the father is not right. I think his memory is clouded. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking as I started watching Ep 14 that it wasn't as intense as the previous three episodes (I became a heart-wrenched sobbing mess) but obviously I was wrong - it was a brief reprieve before they twisted my heart over and over and I became a sobbing mess again - when MY sobbed in her room, and GT sitting outside, and when ST tells Jae Su his observation of how MY felt, when GT cries to his brother, and then when ST came to feed her and she kept apologizing.

Aside from all the brilliant stuff everyone's already talked about - one thing that stood out to me was how much of a support network they've all built up with each other. There were so many instances where someone connected to another to check on someone else. GT had to give MY space and he asked Sang In to go check on her. JR checks on MY after seeing her leave the hospital. She tells her mum to check on Director Oh. Jae Su as usual, is with ST. ST and Jae Su check on MY and GT. And JR's mum just being awesome all around. I really like how they show the relationships they've built, and it seems to give hope that despite the storm that is coming, all of them will be okay because someone's got their back. 

I think also it was really good that they made GT stand his ground with MY - he firmly told her that he would stay by her side, despite what he knew. The fact that he stayed outside her room while she cried and waited to speak to her... "When I see you smile at me, I forget everything else. The butterfly and even my mum - I forget everything else except the two of us." In Korean, it was also, "I forget everything else; and only the two of us remain." That line spoke volumes about his feelings for MY, probably even more than if he had said "I love you". 

I really liked that he made it clear she did nothing wrong, and also that they did nothing wrong - all of them were kids who grew up in unfortunate circumstances beyond their control.  My heart broke during the conversation between ST and GT; ST asked if MY was whimpering in pain from heart ache, and GT replied that yes, he could hear her whimpering. :tears: And he was hurting from seeing her hurt - which is what family is. 

Jae Su's line to GT was like a lightbulb moment - "Just admit the fact that you're weak." He was really insightful in pointing that both GT and MY were weak people who basically need each other to lean on. GT doesn't seem to have learnt it yet by the end of the episode when he tries to send MY away from the cursed castle, though hopefully he'll begin to see that it's just better when they're together, no matter what the situation.

Which brings me to a shallow point - I'm glad there was at least one hug between them this episode :sweatingbullets: a kiss would have been unrealistic, but I'm spoiled in hoping for something every episode after they confirmed their feelings. Also hoping that they'll take ST's advice, "To kiss is better than to fight" to heart in the last two episodes :ph34r:

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

CONTENT POWER INDEX (CPI) - 4th Week of July (7/20-7/26)

CPI ranks TV shows overall popularity and influence on consumer behavior

0001484979_003_20200804083410385.jpg?typ

cr: MBN news

1. IT'S OKAY NOT TO BE OKAY**

2. Call Centre Of Love

3. Once Again**

4. Hangout with Yoo

5. Mulberry School

6. I Live Alone

7. Running Man

8. House on Wheels

9. Knowing Brothers

10. Backstreet Rookie**

**dramas

• Like 4

18 hours ago, glory said:

i think it's because MY said that her mother was the one who designed the butterfly brooch and nurse Park drawing that butterfly wasn't a mere coincidence for him. 

Thanks!!  This makes sense.  Also I believe GT’s first knowledge of MY’s mom was not knowing whether she was alive or dead, so it makes sense that the circumstances lead him to believe she’s alive and is Nurse Park.

1 hour ago, angelflower said:

You wrote so many good points!  I agree the “support network” is a really beautiful thing about this drama.  To some extent I think GT/ST and MY led adult lives without a strong sense of community.  Studies have shown those who have a community experience a sense of belonging which leads to greater happiness.  This is the environment GT/ST/MY live in now and is (I think) a contributing factor to their newfound happiness, in addition to what they’ve done for each other as a group of 3. 

I also think it’s great that GT stood his ground and made it clear - the lines are so realistic!! Thanks for the other translation of what GT said to MY as he sat outside her door, I agree it is even better than saying saranghaeyo but honestly that would have been the perfect moment to say ILY for our OTP!!

Did anyone else notice her butterfly hug as she attempted to calm herself down by the door?  That was so sad :’( 

What did she mean when she said hypocrite to GT?  She did this once and I didn’t get why until a few episodes later (although I think that time it was intentional that the audience wouldn’t get it right away - it was because she knew more about GT’s personality than he wanted to admit, at that time).  What about this time? Hmmm.

• Like 2

i hope that the nurse is not the mom too..

but from all the revelations until now it's already 99% nurse is DHJ

besides, the writer already hint us since case of the patient who mistook MY as her daughter, that scene when MY thought her mom came back, it actually signs that there's a possibility her mom is alive.

we got to hear from MY that she saw her mom lying on the floor with blood and twisted limbs, that's because of the fall. but we only hear the story from KDH that he went to the lake, and they only show us a bag drowned, not 'a person' drowned, so there might be a twist that's why her mom might still alive. 

now, the only 1% possibility that nurse is not SHJ is when MY said how can she doesn't recognize her mom

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Not Me said:

now, the only 1% possibility that nurse is not SHJ is when MY said how can she doesn't recognize her mom

Agreed - can you imagine if it was plastic surgery?  MY already said even if her mom underwent numerous plastic surgeries she would still recognize her.  Would be an eyebrow raising moment if it turned out to be, you’re wrong MY!  It was actually highly complex plastic surgery.  I just can’t see this being it.

• Like 2

to be honest, MY mum should be 50++ years old. Since MY is 30 years old.. hahaha

• Like 2

MOST TALKED ABOUT DRAMAS (GOOD DATA CORPORATION) - 5th Week of July

2048942_465788_2425.jpg

cto

1. IT'S OK NOT TO BE OKAY

2. Once Again

3.  Flower of Evil

4. Backstreet Rookie

5. Secret Forest 2

6. The Good Detective

7. Elegant Friends

8. Was It Love?

9. To All The Guys Who Loved Me

10. Train

MOST TALKED ABOUT ACTORS/ACTRESSES (GOOD DATA CORPORATION) - 5th Week of July

2048942_465789_2425.jpg

cto

1. SEO YE-JI

2. KIM SOO-HYUN

3. Lee Joon-gi

4. OH JUNG-SE

5. Moon Chae-won

6. Kim Yoo-jung

7. JANG YOUNG-NAM (Nurse Park/Do Hui-jae)

8. Chun Ho-jin

9. Jo Mi-ryung

10. Ji Chang-wook

• Like 1

Well, if Nurse Park proven to be MY’s Mom then this drama’s biggest PPL will be SK’s Plastic Surgery Industry ....:evillaugh:

Credit @mademoisellesia

• LOL 13

just re-watched some previous episodes and it made me wonder why they mentioned about Park Ok-ran's plastic surgeries and her previous job..maybe they wanted us to believe that she was the mom but what role does Park Ok-ran play in the murder? was she just a puppet of Park Haeng-ja and a obsessed fan who wanted to live as Do Hui-jae or....? 

i read a theory that said the protagonist of Wicked Witch of the West You-yeong (?) was written after Mun-yeong. that also explains why MY was the greatest creation of Do Hui-jae and why DHJ wanted MY to be the perfect child. now, that leads to me the conclusion that if Park Haeng-ja was Do Hui-jae, why wasn't she concerned about her book publishing? it was obvious that MY wanted DHJ to come to her after hearing the news ( MY was also confident that she'd come)  but she chose to go after the Moon brothers...

i don't have high expectations because we're literally heading towards the finale but i hope the writer explains everything properly. 

• Like 1

I think MY’s mother wants to get rid the moon brothers first before she deals with MY and manipulate her again but unfortunately MY’s love for the moon brothers is stronger now than her mom. I think head nurse killed POR already becoz she knew that a missing person is never going back. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Or she's a Phoenix like your DP @cenching

Can you imagine the promotional lines??

Cracked skull? No problem

Bloated from too much reservoir exposure?? Easy

Aging? You are kidding, right...

Murderous husband?? WinkWink

Anti Social daughter? Hahaha

We guarantee no one, we repeat NO ONE can recognize you. Not even your closest family and friends. YES, WE ARE THAT GOOD!!

• LOL 5

i didn't notice this before but in the episode where head nurse gets a paper cut because park oh ran snatches the book off her, POR says "i hate it when people touch things that dont belong to them" this obviously strikes a nerve with nurse park and maybe alluding to more than just the paper cut i.e. nurse park trying to get involved with MY and her family when she has no business because she's the sister? what POR said just felt like it had a hidden meaning when i was rewatching 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cenching said:

Can you imagine the promotional lines??

Cracked skull? No problem

Bloated from too much reservoir exposure?? Easy

Aging? You are kidding, right...

Murderous husband?? WinkWink

Anti Social daughter? Hahaha

We guarantee no one, we repeat NO ONE can recognize you. Not even your closest family and friends. YES, WE ARE THAT GOOD!!

I'd change the last sentence to:

We guarantee no one, we repeat, NO ONE can recognize you. Not even your closest family, friends and The Grim Reaper. YES! WE ARE THAT GOOD!!! 

:Megalol:

• LOL 2

I love how pure and honest Sang Tae is.:blush: His acceptance of Moon Young just moves me, in particular how he insisted she ate at least 5 spoons of porridge to be forgiven!:grin: Though I'm unsure how well he'd take to news that it was Moon Young's mom that killed their mom..:pensive:

That's creepy it was Nurse Park that turned out to be her mom this whole time yikes. She was literally in front of them all this while.

Although knowing how K-Dramas go, it could just be another red herring. I'm just so tired of this back and forth of whenever our trio finds happiness, some disaster get thrown in the mix.:tounge_xd: 

Just wanted to add that Jae Soo is so underrated, like the guy needs love too. Love Seung Jae for her snappy comebacks. Is she crushing on Sang Tae LoL?    

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, glory said:

just re-watched some previous episodes and it made me wonder why they mentioned about Park Ok-ran's plastic surgeries and her previous job..maybe they wanted us to believe that she was the mom but what role does Park Ok-ran play in the murder? was she just a puppet of Park Haeng-ja and a obsessed fan who wanted to live as Do Hui-jae or....? 

i read a theory that said the protagonist of Wicked Witch of the West You-yeong (?) was written after Mun-yeong. that also explains why MY was the greatest creation of Do Hui-jae and why DHJ wanted MY to be the perfect child. now, that leads to me the conclusion that if Park Haeng-ja was Do Hui-jae, why wasn't she concerned about her book publishing? it was obvious that MY wanted DHJ to come to her after hearing the news ( MY was also confident that she'd come)  but she chose to go after the Moon brothers...

you made some good points! if we're going by the theory that nurse park is not mum then im hoping that once MY meets nurse park, she'll be able to confirm for herself that it isn't her mum. like you said, nurse park didnt react to the news about DHJ's book being published so maybe thats another telling sign for MY. potential scenario, MY is actually secretly aware that nurse park isn't her mum but needs to keep it on the down low and play along so she can figure out who nurse park really is and what her intentions are. i think her guilt will cont tho because either way her family was somehow involved in KT/ST's mothers death so she'll cont to push him away.  

• Like 2