[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Woahhh OST album got 36 songs+photobook

Psycho but it's okay / It's Okay Not to Be Okay OST albumwill be released. The album containing the OST of Psycho but it's okay / It's Okay Not to Be Okay will start selling through various online album sites starting today.

In this official album, Moonyoung and Kang Tae dolls appeared in the animation in 'Psycho but it's okay', a three-dimensional card with 'Butterfly' bookmark, photo card (random 2 out of 6), photobook (80P), and drama poster (limited to trial) It is expected to be a special gift for audiences who loved the drama in various configurations.

Full news:
https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/144/0000684040

cr. tamykshkim_216 IG

pre-order not yet open in yesasia

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

2 hours ago, blademan said:

This whole BTS is just KSH crushing on SYJ <333

40 minutes ago, blademan said:

Soo Hyun...you're showing!

who can blame him though?

:love::love:

Well, there’s definitely an “improvement” since I didn’t see him get hot and bothered during the previous pictorial session.....:shaq:

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Reading all your posts it got me thinking how I wish MY’s mother was indeed alive so that MY could have the opportunity to confront her deepest fears.  I’m sure as a child MY lacked the strength and courage to stand up for herself against her controlling mother - and frankly she probably lacked the words and know-hows in this regard.  Also to be referred to by her father as someone who will ‘grow up to be like her mother’, I can only imagine the exhilaration and liberty she would feel if she was able to speak to her mom and letting her mom know everything she couldn’t say before - like someone else said, to truly cut off her leash.  I think that the purpose of the mom being alive would be entirely for MY’s recovery, and not so much for GT/ST.  But who knows perhaps it will provide closure for GT/ST in some way as well, and justice will be served against MY’s mom.  

Also great analysis of MY’s character @vu_hoa1983!  I agree MY’s character is so complex.  I will binge rewatch the drama entirely and focus on MY.  I too did not realize the emotional turmoil MY holds within until the past 2 episodes.  Certainly it was exacerbated by the realization that her mother murdered GT/ST’s mom, but through her storybooks I think it’s clear she has had painful experiences but luckily she is able to articulate growth and realizations at the same time.  I guess these were words she finally found as an adult.  I love how GT often is able to provide her with a different perspective to her dark stories - I can’t provide a specific example at this moment but I am positive he did - I hope that what she’s experiencing now in eps 14 is her dark story and GT through his love will be able to offer her a different perspective to lift her up and out of the sad ending.  

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Guys..a very random thought..

WHAT IF..

Nurse Park is just the old-age version of the mother? Like, it’s been 20 years so it is possible to not look the same right? Sometimes we don’t even recognize others when we look at their photos too because of how much they have changed and grown over the years.  What if plastic surgery didn’t happen? What if it’s just natural aging??

:sweats:

Why don’t we just enjoy something else?

9o3Km7G15Mi2Cqompq63pU_3sUc1CL2xKdD7aMjA

:P :w00t:

much better for my brain..

• Wiggle 1

13 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Guys..a very random thought..

WHAT IF..

Nurse Park is just the old-age version of the mother? Like, it’s been 20 years so it is possible to not look the same right? Sometimes we don’t even recognize others when we look at their photos too because of how much they have changed and grown over the years.  What if plastic surgery didn’t happen? What if it’s just natural aging??

Why don’t we just enjoy something else?

:P :w00t:

much better for my brain..

Except...she didn't age?? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Except...she didn't age?? 

Haha ...and Got a Bit slimmer on face.

Dude Plastic Surgery

Fake Doc entering Seoul Hospital.

@vangsweetie637  

she didn’t age??

Omg!! that’s right. She looks even younger than her husband did. 

what if it’s like this instead?

Eshhh....

:fear:

Please please spare me these expected makajhang twist. Fingers crossed the writer won't let me down.

• LOL 2

Well, the drama kept hinting on sisters/brothers relationship. What if Nurse Park is MY's Mom's younger sister who aspire to be her sister but is not... or the step sister of MY abandoned... The fact that E13's title "The Father of 2 Sisters". She's killing the people whom she thinks killed her sister in her twisted morbid mind. Plus she feeds her kind act with a huge dose of "twisted". Her eyes in previous episodes does not look right... (while she was "kind") OoO

• Like 2

21 hours ago, leejoongi1trash said:

To be fair, we haven't been shown again and again that the mom was dead. They repeatedly mentioned she disappeared and was presumed dead. The memories from the dad are just that, memories, which as we all know can be false and distorted. Plus the father was already sick then and his sickness had an effect on his cognitive abilities and memories. The memories are somewhat corroborated by MY but even she mentioned that the body simply vanished from the basement not that the father dumped the body in the river like the father recalled. 

I think the reason why the "supposed mother" is back is as you said to provide an opportunity for MY to completely cut off her leash, to actively face off against "her mother" and be free. It is more than just dealing with the guilt she has for KT and ST. I think for her own growth and the way she identifies and navigates the world, it is a good plot device. 

@40somethingahjumma  Thank you for your posts. They are always well though off and written. Really a breath of fresh air. I  really enjoy reading what you have to say as it brings me a new perspective. I wish I could like your posts a thousand times uwu

Dad's recollection could very well be distorted by his mental illness. But we know MY was also a witness to the stairs incident and she also saw her mother lying presumably dead in the cellar. She wasn't aware of where she ended though, but I think it is a rather illogical and convoluted conclusion to believe her mom survived after being left in the cellar and Dad threw somebody else (or nobody at all) into the lake.

That quote from MY about her mom being dead but her soul being alive I always took as she being able to recognize she was having a powerful hold on her.

22 hours ago, blademan said:

101% AGREE!

It just doesn't make sense from any angle for the real mother to be actually alive. Please be some crazed fan or half-sister or someone else JUST NOT THE MOM. Honestly if they do stick to the "Mother being alive all these years" storyline - that will be the only significant flaw of this show.

Besides that, it has been one heck of a ride! 

To the last Psycho weekend <3

I think I'll look back at the first 6 episodes as the best, with the rest not falling too far behind.

I've been thinking lately which is the best scene, and I can think of a hundred! Admittedly, 9 out of 10 involve KMY looking at KT, ST or nobody at all.  

On 8/4/2020 at 9:47 AM, ncly said:

I feel that Jae Su and Sang In are two very precious characters that may be overlooked by the viewers. Sure that they added the humorous effect early on, us laughing at JS for his inability to get the love from ST, or being frustrated at SI for thinking that he only cared about his business and making money from MY's books, but as we dwell deeper into the story, we start to understand why both JS and SI have been with KT-ST and MY for so so long, to the extent of leaving whichever city they were staying at and even putting their business aside to be with their friends. 

Jae Su and Sang In both have a lot of things in common in that they have known KT-ST and MY for at least 10 years, respectively. These two have stuck through thick and thin with the main leads, been there for them and supported them no matter that. In a way, KT himself was never really alone because he had JS being there for him besides ST, and MY was also never really alone because she had SI being there for her. 

KT and MY, they each have someone trustworthy there for them physically. The only thing that I felt JS and SI lacked was the ability to provide that emotional support that KT and MY yearned for, or at least they tried but perhaps it wasn't enough or didn't have the power to move their hearts like how KT and MY did for each other? I feel like romance did have a pretty important stance in KT's and MY's relationship and their personal development, and JS and SI weren't the right people to provide that. 

A few days ago I passed by an instagram post that said s/he really envies KT and MY for having such loyal and understanding friends like JS and SI, it's rare to have this in real life, to be honest. Not everyone's lucky to have friends, or even just a friend, who would be willing to do what JS and SI have done to make sure we are happy and safe. Even I am jealous of KT and MY for having such precious friendships like that. 

Try turning on VPN/Hotspot shield and you should be able to watch it. 

The "problem" (for want of a better word) with JS and SI is that, although they have supported KT and MY throughout the years, they never challenged them. JS would move and follow KT without arguing, SI would pay for MY's indiscretions and move on.

MY challenged KT from the get go, KT challenged MY back and so they both changed and adjusted.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

22 minutes ago, blademan said:

I'm still mad that they're not releasing the kiss BTS but this will do for now.

:love::love:

cred. owner (sseureki)

Boy, Soo Hyun is really flustered. His body language can't lie. And i think we can all safely say that he's really into Ye Ji.

I just hope he is not like this behind the camera. Like c'mon be a man! make some moves and go get the girl! We HyunJi nation are all waiting for you to date. :Megalol:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

6 hours ago, Valhad said:

The "problem" (for want of a better word) with JS and SI is that, although they have supported KT and MY throughout the years, they never challenged them. JS would move and follow KT without arguing, SI would pay for MY's indiscretions and move on.

MY challenged KT from the get go, KT challenged MY back and so they both changed and adjusted.

Yes, a very solid point I might say. That might goes for Juri as well, which could be one of the reasons why she never got that attention from KT. 

5 hours ago, blademan said:

I'm still mad that they're not releasing the kiss BTS but this will do for now.

UGH I'm sad that tVN is skipping on all the kisses too, but I guess the hand holding, eye-staring and nervous laughing make up for that. I gotta laugh at KSH though, do family members usually take photos of themselves looking at each other like that? :)) 

Eng sub of today's BTS clip:

And a recall of the scene that brought us to tears

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Angel888 said:

IONTBO OST Pre-orders are happening!

https://www.makestar.co/projects/itsokaytonotbeokay/summary

For international buyers

Global Interpark: 

http://www.globalinterpark.com/detail/detail?prdNo=7383507051

Aladin US:

http://aladin.kr/p/gNgDE

Thanks!

Do you know until when can we pre-order? 

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote images in your posts. Thanks.

One of the key elements of abuse is isolation. You often see this in domestic violence relationships. It is often an energy thing. MY had only been around KT a few times, but his energy and pure likeness for her was enough for her little heart to flutter and give her hope that there were good people in the world. That is why her mother stopped her from getting close to him when she was a kid because it would curb her control. She had to keep her isolated. 

A lot has happened in this drama and this is my first time sounding off in this thread. MY's father did something a LOT of older men do. He chose a younger, beautiful woman that honestly he probably had no business being with. Turns out, she was mentally and emotionally deficient. She was a sociopath who then turned her toxic energy on her daughter and abused her, but instead of him stepping in, protecting his daughter and moving on with his life. He sat by silently and allowed the abuse to happen. It was okay as long as it was in-house. He liked that the town was talking about this couple that lived in the castle in the forest. He probably received notoriety for being with this young, beautiful woman who was also a known and respected author, and that image was more important to him than his family. I find it dreadful that he didn't wake up from this toxicity until she killed KT and ST's mother.

So what is the aftermath? A daughter dealing with growing up, being isolated, lonely and abused while her cowardly father sat by and did nothing. A wife who murdered an innocent woman just because, and then him accidentally (or intentionally) killing her (so he thought). So what is the Chinese idiom? Deal with your demons before you have children, otherwise you will pass them on to them.

MY is dealing with her parents' demons. She is trying to hold on to the one person who really cared about her and she is trying to create her own family. The last episode was gut wrenching. She loves both KT and ST, and to know what her mother did to their lives is just so unforgivable to her. A lot of healing has to take place now and I pray that she, KT and ST are strong enough to stand up to her mother now.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1