Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, JungRok said:

Should I watch now or wait until my exam is over tmr??  

Aww! I feel you.

So did you watch or no?

Edited by MinLyn
A gentle reminder not to quote reaction gifs in your posts. Thank you.
  • Like 1

Im glad he hugged her...

MY looks gorgeous in that red dress.

• Like 1

Just watched ep 14 and jeez! This episode is really heavy from beginning till the end!

1 hour ago, yourinnerstar said:

I had the same question. However, I think we are assuming that this actually all happened - recall that this version of the story is based on what MY's father remembered... and in that scene, right before the memory was shown it was brought up that he had a brain tumor + memory and cognitive disorders. So - the story he remembered could be inaccurate. In fact, throughout the show we've seen even "normal" folks like GT having selective / "inaccurate" memory, e.g., only remembering parts of his childhood (e.g., his mother only caring for ST) unless prompted otherwise.

I don't think we've ever seen MY's full memory of her mother's death - and perhaps her memory is the only trustworthy one as she is now the sole living witness. This is perhaps why the head nurse is out to get her.

I agree, if we see the pattern of this drama, it often gives us another perspective that actually different from what has been delivered before. So im waiting for MY's view on what happened that day till we come to current situation, where DHJ could still exists.

I forget there was someone in here saying that we want the answer from the dad who died in ep 1 and now we get the answer. Yet it gives me more questions such as how Head Nurse knew about the patient and the incident in ep 1 if she's been a nurse for a long time in Seongjin, 3 hours from Seoul :| How she could watch MY from afar? :/

Looking at the preview, ST seems to be okay. I really wish this mommy thing end on ep 15, but I doubt it will happen since there will be too weird if they give us 80 minutes of happiness in last ep :joy: Hopefully writer gives us satisfying ending since it has already been a good story from beginning.

Anyway, I found it funny when KT and MY sit by the door with Director Oh singing as its backsound :criesariver:

• Like 7

Another really good episode from last night. The angst was just right for me and not overdone, and I cried along with poor Kang Tae and Moon Young. These two puppies make viewers want to go into the screen and comfort them. Am also deeply touched by the support everyone was giving them. If Kang Tae was spoiling Sang Tae for letting him take out on him in the past, it was revealed this episode that Jae Soo was spoiling Kang Tae too. So I was glad that Jae Soo did not let Kang Tae be after sensing the severity of the situation. Seriously, this guy deserves to be in the family potrait too. 

Resonated and feeling the pain and how apologetic Moon Young felt against the brothers as well. It's not her fault, we all know, Kang Tae knows and I'm sure she knows it too. That still does not in any way lessen the impact. Seeing Sang Tae's change and growth had been magnificient. Him being the child who everyone coaxes was coaxing Moon Young and feeding her congee was a sight I never thought I'd see. Like a true big brother that takes care of his dongsaeng. Double Awwww. Moon Young crying her eyes out and kept apologising to Sang Tae was the most heartbreaking part. Yet I wouldn't trade any of these scenes for anything else because the feels were so so SO good. Another round of applauds for Seo Ye Ji, Kim Soo Hyun and Oh Jung Se's performances.

I like the scene they both sat at the door on opposite side and the background song appear, with flashbacks of their times spent together. 

I was really hoping this episode will twist it around showing us the Head Nurse is NOT Moon Young's mother. It didn't, and it continues to indicate she is. Not liking this one bit and still hoping it's not true. It's shockingly unbelievable because she shouldn't look a decade younger no matter how great plastic surgery or the personal care is in South Korea. Her psychopathic behaviour from the past and present does not match. She doesn't seem like one that could control her temperament. Logically this does not make sense. Having said that, the actress did a fabulous job. 

The shocking twist turns out that the intern(?) guy nurse is the Director's son. LOL. Now that's unexpected. I appreciated the short father-son scene too, albeit short it tells us a little about their bittersweet relationship. 

Now it's seriously far-fetched and there's a huge part of me doesn't want it to happen and obviously don't think will come true. It stems from me really wishing for an unexpected twist...

Spoiler

... something was said or expressed on Joori's Omma's face seem fishy when she went to visit the Director in his office. I need a rewatch but at first watch that's the vibe I got. She's another great actress therefore it's a pity she's only playing a benevelent mother figure. It's highly unlikely because of the ripple effects on Joori and others, although I kinda want to see Kim Mi Kyung turns evil :P  or plays a bigger part in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 9
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, L A said:

After watching episode 14, I have a feeling that head nurse is not MY's mother, and writers just want to throw the last plot twist in episode 15. I mean, MY said no matter how many surgeries the mother had she would have recognized her mom. I am still leaning forward the theory of the two sisters (the 25 min youtube video someone posted was so convincing). That way Kangtae wouldn't have to feel so bad about loving MY, because even though he is now forgiving, his conscience won't let him live with her happily forever if that is the case. 

I honestly do not think the head nurse is MY’s mom too.  It’s impossible for the mom to survive since MY did say that her skull cracked and limbs twisted.  So even if we don’t believe the father, at least Moon Young wouldn’t remember it wrong.  I do think that the head nurse could be a sister or a derange fan.  The possibility that she wants to live the same life as her favorite author crossed my mind.  The other part is that MY said that she would recognize her mom even with plastic surgery and I do agree about it.   I think that when a person experienced physical or mental, the abuser instills fear into the victim so it’s not something that the victim can just shake it off.  It was the same when she first saw her dad, she only slightly glance at him.

I really don’t want them to have another baggage to carry considering how much traumatic they’ve overcome.  There’s no need for "my mother kill your" to top it off. 

• Like 4

A kiss is better than a fight.

Sang Tae speaking FACTS.

:smooches2:

e8b398cca68dad2a2243422501607b32f55d8560e73fed0471394d99cc45cf40701318277dd5cc71db498dccd4d3dc6ad8c77c1d20b58d253215eef1

cred. owner (sseureki)

• Like 15
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, floweroad said:

at this point it seems like head nurse IS confirmed to be mum, but theres still a part of me hoping she isn't?? if she isn't though, im not sure how they'll be able to explain it all in 2 episodes... it was a such a beautiful, emotional episode but i'm left pretty confused about the mum thing like how did she survive the fall etc? at this point, it feels like it needs more than 2 eps to wrap the stories up. lets hope for super long eps next week!

I am with you on this! After firing our imagination in all directions, to be given a such a direct revelation that head nurse is likely to be MY's mum, I literally went "Huh..? This is it?!?". Someone must tell the writer this is criminal although I plead guilty to be a willing participant.

Still, feel kind of bereft after all the ra-ra fanfare in concocting possibilities in unraveling the mystery.

Ha! I even sat up and lean forward with HOPE that it's going to be much more to this than meets the eye in that scene where MY expressed disbelief at not recognizing her own mum. I will still want to hold on to this albeit with much lower expectation than before.

Aside from that, it's definitely an episode with the full onslaught of emotion out-pour. Think this is long overdue for the emotionally devoid MY and emo-suppressed KT in retrospect.

Last note, have to commend Seo Yea Ji's and Kim Soo Hyun's ultimate professionalism in their act. They threw their pretty image out and gave us wrenching sobs drawn straight out from the guts. I salute to that!

• Like 5

Does anyone here remember the old American movie "Mommie Dearest"? I remember watching it on TV when I was a kid and MY's mum reminds me of that movie where the mother was a very abusive and manipulative person. I remain convicted that the character descriptors where they say MY has an anti-social personality disorder seems incorrect - in these last 2 episodes, she clearly has the ability to feel and connect with what is right and wrong. It is more likely that it is her mother who had the anti-social personality disorder and as a result raised MY to be emotionally and socially very deficient. This is similar to KT's developmental years where (as he said) being born and raised simply to be his brother's caretaker, or so it would seem from the way his mother treated him - the things she would say to him and even ST's admission that their mother was not a good mother to KT - resulted in a damaged social and emotional state. Which is why, as JS pointed out, they are both weak characters that need to lean on each other. KT and MY probably complete each other - one who was raised to care too much, the other raised to not care to an extreme.

As regards whether it was indeed the original DHJ who killed KT+ST's mum, that's where the mystery is really reaching its height. Reading everyone's theories is really interesting and I don't think I have anything new to add to this. I'm wondering though - the new clues being thrown in - about MY's father's condition and how from the point of diagnosis 20 years ago, he was already told he would have memory lapses and possibly the creation of false or incorrect memories as the tumor grew. Perhaps he was violent towards his wife, but was he the one who killed her? Was there no police report or investigation of that murder if it was one? Surely when DHJ went missing, someone must have filed a missing person report or a death report. Afterall, everyone was anticipating her last book which was never published for 20 years. Surely that must have been shrouded in some kind of parallel mystery in itself. What if indeed DHJ had a sister - whether fraternal twin or simply a sister close in age - and she was the one who killed DHJ instead? Maybe she was obsessive in nature and wanted to assume DHJ's life as her alter ego of some sort. 

There's something else out there... Makes me wanna review all episodes again before we come to our finale weekend. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

can't believe that the head nurse is Do Hui-jae even though the writer lowkey confirmed it. how come both the father and the daughter not recognize someone who tormented them for such a long time? how did she survive? i think even ST would've recognized her. it sounds absurd. but like most of us, i want to believe that the head nurse isn't the mother. didn't Sang-in say that everyone in Do Hui-jae's family worked in the medical field? also, he said that she isolated herself in the castle and didn't contact her family. it'd be more logical if the head nurse was the sister but yeah, let's see. 

i think i'm the only one but Juri's mom seems to know something. the face she made after her conversation with the director seemed a bit fishy. 

i also noticed that in the photo Park Haeng-ja burned, Do Hui-jae isn't wearing the butterfly brooch whereas she was wearing the brooch in the picture GT found even though both of them are the same picture (?)

btw, where is Park Oh-ran???

also also also, does MY have Antisocial Personality Disorder or Antisocial tendencies? i think someone mentioned that the Naver description said she had Antisocial tendencies. i think the writer should make her diagnosis clear even though that'd not be her main focus right now. :mellow:

still waiting for that Mun-yeong and Park Haeng-ja showdown. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Perhaps Head Nurse is MY's biological mother and the mother that MY calls is not...? The father once said that MY's mother is beautiful and the Head Nurse looked very happy with that comment.

• Like 3

Can we clap our hands for the superb acting of this amazing cast?:cutekitty: And that particular scene where ST was feeding MY had me crying buckets. 

Wow are the writers really going there? MY's mom is the head nurse? Sure, she's been suspicious and being MY's mom has been one of the possibilities, but I'm hoping that's not the case. I'm wondering if there is a plot twist to this in which she is not actually MY's mom. Because with just two episodes left, if her mom actually comes back, that would be a lot to cover. I hope to see all lose ends tied neatly and a good ending that isn't rushed. 

My theory is that she has multiple personality disorder/dissociative identity disorder and she's not actually MY's mom but someone familiar with the cursed castle and family dynamics. Perhaps she was their previous housekeeper since the Moon brothers' mom was their new housekeeper. Perhaps she is a sister since Sang-In brought up the fact that MY's mom comes from a family of doctors. Whatever the case, I'm waiting for some kind of twist to this. 

It has been shown through out the drama that memories are not always accurate. So maybe MY's mom was not actually thrown into the lake like her father remembered. But MY did say there was so much blood coming out from her head. Her dad may not remember it correctly due to his brain tumor but what about MY? So how does she survive cracking her skull, come back with her brain fully intact? 

Also, I feel like these two episodes had some things that doesn't make sense to me:

KT is a meticulous person. In a previous episode, the other caregiver couldn't find all the things patients were not allowed to have but were hiding so the head nurse told KT to go find them. KT found a bunch of things, if not all of it. How is it possible that he had to ask someone about a patient that's been there for quite a while? Dissociative identity disorder is no minor disorder either. 

And maybe this is just me but I find it strange that head nurse has short hair if she's actually MY's mom. MY's mom had long hair and forbid MY to cut her hair. Long hair was a big deal. And also, how was she there during that knife scene in episode 1? MY and KT were both in Seoul during that episode, did she take a day off from work? And that suicide dad who tried to kill his daughter had to be at a different hospital in Seoul, how did she get in to put that knife under his pillow? And what for? He was strapped to his bed. And she said she's always careful because of surveillance cameras. So did the room of that suicidal dad not have cameras so she could just go in and slip a knife under there?

Anyways, can't believe there are only 2 episodes left. I want to see how it ends but I also don't want the drama to end. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Msgreentea said:

Can we clap our hands for the superb acting of this amazing cast?

25_NicoleKidman_Clapping.gif

1 hour ago, Msgreentea said:

And maybe this is just me but I find it strange that head nurse has short hair if she's actually MY's mom. MY's mom had long hair and forbid MY to cut her hair. Long hair was a big deal. And also, how was she there during that knife scene in episode 1? MY and KT were both in Seoul during that episode, did she take a day off from work? And that suicide dad who tried to kill his daughter had to be at a different hospital in Seoul, how did she get in to put that knife under his pillow? And what for? He was strapped to his bed. And she said she's always careful because of surveillance cameras. So did the room of that suicidal dad not have cameras so she could just go in and slip a knife under there?

I can't remember the details off the top of my head and I can't check now. Wasn't the little girl's father got transferred to somewhere else? Perhaps he was sent to OKAY hospital. Need to rewatch this scene, because her uniform would be able to tell if she's at OKAY or she snuck into another hospital. My understanding was that the knife was hidden inside the metal dish and she used her body to block the CCTV.

I agree with you on her behaviour pattern being inconsistent. I'm not sure about the long hair. She may have decided she had to part ways with it and change of plan for survival. I'm still waiting to see what part Park Ok Ran plays in. Is she only a puppet (and has she been killed by Head Nurse that's why Head Nurse knows she's not coming back?) or she's the real mother and she tells Head Nurse all the details whereas Head Nurse is a Wannabe/saesang fan of the writer.

• Like 8

@40somethingahjumma You. Are. A. Star. I very much enjoyed every single paragraph you've written. 

There was a period when I lost all interest in watching K-dramas because of the boring and repetitive plot lines, but with many of the works released in 2019-2020 definitely brought me back into this world and impressed me so much.

I started watching IOTNBO with no high expectation as I didn't know much about KSH and SYJ and there wasn't much given from the trailer and synopsis. And boy, am I completely blown away now by every single aspect and element of this drama, from the amazing cast (from the main leads to all the 2nd leads and the extras), to the settings, cinematography, character development (personality wise and even styling wise), the story line, etc. The drama at times feels like a fairy tale and yet at other times it's just so realistic. It is, after all, a healing drama, and I, too, feel like parts of myself are also healing because I'm learning so much from each of these characters. This is such a relatable story, nothing flashy, nothing cheesy, nothing so out-of-this-world. 

By the way, are all of MY's books published in real life by another author? Or are they the writer's original work? They should definitely publish these books, so much thoughts and design went into these amazing stories! 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Wow! That's an amazing weekend episodes!

Anyway, I would like to congratulate the cast for the superb acting - MY breakdown scene with ST really got to me and MY and KT "Revelation" scene. 

So Head Nurse is indeed MY's mom? But how can she survive being put in a bag and get out? She sure has Houdini skills. We can see on these two episodes some backstory on MY's childhood. She doesn't know how to express it but she loves her DAD even though he tried to strangle her. Living with an overly protected mom and a father who is scared at you of being her wife's daughter seems too much to handle for a kid MY. 

I find it interesting MY's mom using a red ink when writing. In Chinese culture it's a no-no to use red inks. It connotes bad luck and death. 

Was surprise that DIRECTOR OH's son is the gossipboy! hahaa! That's why that's how they treated him haha! 

In the last episode, it is revealed that KT's mom is the new housekeeper but what makes DHJ killed her? What triggered? I hope they will show it in the upcoming LAST EPISODES T_T . My guess is, the Moon Bro's Mom shows a tender motherly figure to a young MY that her mother became jealous of it. 

Another thing that struck me is what Jae su said about being two weak people united as one will be invincible. Like how ST-KT-MY family is, they have their own weakness that compliments one another and when they come together they lean on each other just like what ST show us the last episode.

In the preview, did KT got hurt? did MY save KT from her evil mom? did KT save MY from her evil mom? Did they save each other? hehehe many questions needed to be answered next week! :D

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, ncly said:

By the way, are all of MY's books published in real life by another author? Or are they the writer's original work? They should definitely publish these books, so much thoughts and design went into these amazing stories! 

Here's a link from Asia. I believe it's a legitimate store since a kpop and kdrama fan sent me this. The prices are also affordable for its hype. Haven't ordered yet because I'm waiting for our local bookstore to make it available (hoping)

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, ncly said:

The books are written by the drama writer of IONTBO, Jo Yong (조용), and the illustrations are done by Jamsan. The books Zombie Child, A Boy Who Grew Up Eating A Nightmare, and A Cheerful Dog are available in Korean bookstores Yes24 and Kyobo Books. I've seen it being sold by some vendors through eBay.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Paula2019 said:

Here's a link from Asia. I believe it's a legitimate store since a kpop and kdrama fan sent me this. The prices are also affordable for its hype. Haven't ordered yet because I'm waiting for our local bookstore to make it available (hoping)

I ordered to that same seller :D They're very accomodating. I bought the dolls to that shop too

• Like 3

@40somethingahjumma I admire your beautifully written analysis for this drama..it was awesome. I am so glad to see you here again in this forum :)

I like each drama episode using "authentic" fairy tales from a different light, and they exploit each characters to obtain catharsis. This is awesome.

To add on my opinion about the last 2 fairy tales -  all about the relationship between parents and child.

For EP 14, "The hand, the monkfish"- the consequences of spoiling a child, feeding the child blindly without a proper guidance, and abandon the child when they found the child is useless, did the child do anything wrong? what did the mum get back in return? A thought provoking in this tale - A maternal bond is the relationship between a mother and her child, it is hard to cut the tie between them, just like MY mum uses her child out of her possessiveness, out of her "artwork"?  MY mum "demanded" her daughter to make her happy, to follow what she said, but in return, did the parents think about the child's happiness? Unfortunately, MY can't choose her own mum and dad, but she can choose to be a GOOD PARENT later if she gets to marry later on, after she has gone thru the self-healing complete stages. 

In early EP, KT mistakenly thought that his mum given birth to him was like a task for him to take care of his older brother until he got mental relief when Juri mum explained to him.

For EP 13, "A tale with two sisters" - consequences of turn blind eyes to the abuse. A Bad Parents' Effect on Child Behavior that will likely cause violent, antisocial behavior, depression, poor resilience, etc - all have been depicted clearly on these two EP -  the relationship between parents and child.

We don't get to choose our parents, and parents too, don't get to  choose their children. But we do get to choose how hard we're willing to work in order to make the best of what we're given. In the end , that should be the key message that all children should forgive their parents no matter how bad they are (although it is always easier said than done). In my life motto, i always remind myself, no matter how hard our life is going to be - Let's accept it, face it, handle it, and let it go - and this drama brought three of them went thru 1st stage (accept it), 2nd stage (face it), 3rd stage (deal with it together in EP 15), the last stage (let it go) which will likely happen and end in EP 16.

Moving forward, they should treasure the loved ones (ST, KT & MY) and their closed friends in their life. Sometimes, there are things that are beyond our control, but we can choose to live our life happily. There is always a CHOICE in our life.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

8 hours ago, demarchelier said:

In Episode 13, Moon-young tells Gang-tae that it is ridiculous to expect children to forgive their parents for all the bad things they did before they die. She then goes on to mention the story that she hated as a kid, A Tale of Two Sisters. She hated the father in the story because he turned a blind eye to the abuse the two sisters were getting from the stepmother. Like Sun-hae, the patient with the identity disorder, MY was being abused by her mother while her father turned a blind eye to the abuse. It may not have been physical abuse like Sun-hae's experience, but it was psychological/emotional abuse...unhealthy controlling of her every movement and isolating her from others.

Yes I agree. The episode title is The Father of Two Sister, so It is dedicated to that character but not the tale in general (I think). So it highlight how the father pretend not to know about the sister's abuse from their mother.

• Like 4