Quantcast

[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

I agree that I hope the mom mystery is solved tonight. Then the last two episodes can be about healing (again from even more trauma) and future forward for this new family etc. 

• Like 6
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a wild theory that POR is Do Hee Jae’s twin sister, and the real murderer was POR, not DHJ. But it could well be me grasping at straws, hoping that MY’s mom didn’t kill KT’s mom.   DH

For one reason or another I kept thinking of the old Beatles' song "Eleanor Rigby" during this last episode. The chorus kept reverberating in my ears : "All the lonely people... where do they all come

It is worth mentioning that Mun-yeong became a writer too but not of (adult) crime fiction but of children's books. Although the mother's influence on the daughter was palpable, the daughter resisted

2 hours ago, Cayu18 said:

So here is a question i would love for the script to answer. Umm after the "disappearance" of MY mother and the i presume (god i hope) hospitalization of MY father after trying to kill his daughter only once ( god Please only once). Who, what, where did this 12 year MY go to? I mean Please oh please tell me she didn't just live alone by herself in that damn scary cursed castle. I mean geez the trauma. I mean, i could see she had a trauma but gosh did anyone even bother to care for her. Did she end up in some social care system? I mean she had an inherited estate but someone probably no one who truly cared for her must have overseen that she was not left unatended. I want to know who because they were surely lacking. After what she went thru as a kid, as a caretaker i would have tried to show her love in any way humanely possible. I mean how can you see a child go thru that and not want to shelter them with love and compassion. Today’s episode had me bawling. My heart really hurt for MY. Her parents truly failed her. It's a miracle she turned out as good as she did. In her own way she shows more empathy and understanding than those so called normal people. Her ways and methods are just unorthodox but her heart is truly good and she really seem to see people for who they truly are and not for who they appear to be.

I don't think the drama ever talked about MY's past prior to meeting KT. Before moving back to her hometown, wasn't MY based in Seoul with Sang-in and the publishing company? Or if it wasn't Seoul then it was a different town where KT and ST were temporarily-based too. Also, if i'm not wrong, in a conversation SI had with Juri, he told her he's known and taken care of MY for a very long time. 

So to vaguely answer your question:

- No solid answer as to where she was exactly after her mom died and her dad was hospitalized 

- She was with SI for a very long time

- She was either based in Seoul or a different town (where KT and ST were based originally back in Ep. 1) 

I could be wrong though, do correct me if I am. 

On a different note, I feel so disturbed by how the Head Nurse's been acting all these YEARS. Juri did say MY's dad has stayed at the hospital for a very long time, and my assumption is that the Head Nurse has been there for a while as well. 

Why didn't she just kill him right away out of revenge? Why let him die naturally (due to the brain tumor), and still willingly listened to his story before he died? Also, she seemed a little shock when he said MY saw he killed her mother?

It's crazy how she could act to be so caring and innocent to KT and ST, she was pretty nonchalant about MY, even (fakely) asking KT to make sure that MY's ok because her dad would pass away soon. Everything about her is just so confusing, creepy and...fake. I'm dying to see everything unfold in the last 3 episodes. 

Also, I feel like the truth won't be revealed right away in ep. 14. From my experiences, K-dramas always try to push the climax to the 2nd last episode (still need to maintain the viewerships), and then reveal the ending in the finale. So may be they'll give us another heart attack/cliff hanger tonight, make us wait in agony for another week, then put us into shock and finally revelation in the last 2 episodes. 

• Like 5

wow im impressed, you guys are like detectives and had guessed that something was fishy with the Head Nurse from way back.  Although, we had alr pretty much guessed it i am just kinda curious about the Head Nurse aka MY's Mum (?) :

- so if she is MY's Mum, so she presumably did plastic surgery and got a psychiatrist degree to work at the hospital? I mean she kinda had a perfect disguise given her position in the hospital and how the Director didn't see through her?
- she seems sad when KDH was sick and going to pass away tho? Was she perhaps remorseful? 

- what's her intention of going back to MY tho? Redeem herself? I mean she told KT that it's impressive that MY was able to grow up well after all that has happened. 

-Why did she kill ST&KT's Mum tho, since she was their housekeeper? ST's birth secret perhaps? But if ST was her son, why doesn't KDH seem aware?

This show is earning my tears right to the end, but i am still hopeful that it'll be a happy ending :) 

anw, i really love the scene where the Director chided the Dad who wanted his daughter's liver! and i really agree with MY, bystanders often ends up causing more harm than the abusers by turning an eye to the abusing :( 

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, ncly said:

I don't think the drama ever talked about MY's past prior to meeting KT. Before moving back to her hometown, wasn't MY based in Seoul with Sang-in and the publishing company? Or if it wasn't Seoul then it was a different town where KT and ST were temporarily-based too. Also, if i'm not wrong, in a conversation SI had with Juri, he told her he's known and taken care of MY for a very long time. 

So to vaguely answer your question:

- No solid answer as to where she was exactly after her mom died and her dad was hospitalized 

- She was with SI for a very long time

- She was either based in Seoul or a different town (where KT and ST were based originally back in Ep. 1) 

I could be wrong though, do correct me if I am. 

Oh I know it has not been stated but I wish they would address it. I am hoping the writer will answer that question. I know Si has been with MY for a long time but he is too young in  a sense to have been her caretaker as a 12 year old. I take it he is a few years older than her but not that much older. At least not to have been a full flesh adult able to take guardianship of a 12 year old child. I take it that he may know her since she first started writing children’s books. Most likely they started their carriers as writer and publisher together. I feel like he at some point did really have a thing for her but she was not really in a position to accept that type of relationship for obvious reasons and he settled for being her publisher/nanny/clean up crew. Initially I had thought he was just with her for the success but this show really drums up the appearances can be deceiving bit. His attachment to her definitely stems from actual feelings of wanting to shelter and protect her, in the only way she would permit him too. And he really was taking a lot of crap from her as far as treatment goiBut he took it all, most publishers would have headed for the nearest exit no matter how much money you made them. But he stuck around and became whatever she needed him to be.

• Like 5

https://k-communities.com/2020/08/02/k-netizens-reactions-to-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-episode-13/
K-netizens’ reactions to “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” Episode 13
August 2, 2020

Seo Yeji makes a promise with Kim Soohyun and seals it 
EF19F429-A304-4D64-B527-B20F7D1C0692.jpg
Original post: Naver TV

[+659,-2]The fact that Kang Tae was shy when he got back to his room is so cuteㅋㅋㅋㅋㄱㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+547,-18]I almost fainted cause of Moon Young-unnie’s power

[+468,-4]Isn’t Kim Soohyun looking crazy good?

[+425,-3]Seriously, why is he so good-looking?? Moon Kang Tae, I feel attacked by your face, it’s too much

[+349,-10]Unnie, I love your power

[+326,-13]What’s up with Ko Moon Young pulling Kang-Tae’s tie to kiss him? That was so heart flutteringㅠㅠㅠ

[+234,-2]Kim Soohun’s smile is so heart fluttering

[+232,-3]Kang Tae is such a warm and sweet person

[+204,-10]Ko Moon Young was so cool!ㅠㅠ

Oh Jung Se’s radar captured Kim Soohyun’s Kiss
10FB60E7-B33F-4DA3-9BBD-A56CC4238AAE.jpg

[+1,031,-2]He said a kiss is better than a fight ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+796,-3]Don’t talk to me when I’m watching Doolyㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+655,-2]Sang Tae already heard a T.M.I from Moom Young once during their breakfast so he’s cool about it now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+511,-4]Sang Tae is too straight forwardㅋㅋㅋㅋ and what’s up with Kang Tae being so adorable againㅋㅋㅋ

[+491,-2]Today’s iconic line is ‘a kiss is better than a fight’!

[+401,-2]Sang Taeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He said that it’s not polite to talk to him while he’s watching Dooly ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He’s so cuteㅠㅠㅠ

[+401,-2]Shy Kang Tae is so cuteㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+347,-2]Oh Jung Se is a really good actor

[+344,-2]Let’s make Moon Kang Tae shy everyday from now on

[+279,-2]Oh Jung Se is really coolㅜㅜ

[+225,-2]Kim Soohyun look so so cute when he’s shy, please be mineㅠㅠ

[+218,-2]My cheekbones hurts cause I was smiling the whole time I was watching themㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Kim Soohyun x Seo Yeji x Oh Jung Se are so shocked to see the butterfly drawn on the wall (ft. the mother is back)
A1FE1D87-DB09-483E-9A22-3BAF5F83299C.jpg

[+2,084,-11]Woah! I predicted that the head nurse could be her mother but now that my prediction turned out to be true i got goosebumpsx50000000

[+1,706,-8]The director will go insane if he knows this

[+1,553,-9]That ending gave me goosebumps…. It was the head nurse all along?…

[+1,297,-7]Seriously, I’m so shocked!!… I’m not even gonna talk about her creepy facial expression but what is the butterfly pin doing there….

[+1,116,-13]I’m seriously shivering! What’s up with the head nurse?

[+1,030,-7]So did she kill someone and got a plastic surgery to look like that person and then lived the rest of her life as a nurse…?

[+976,-12]That was the creepiest ending in drama history!…

[+867,-5]Sang Tae’s pretty painting is ruined, the fact that the butterfly was badly drawn will make him get even angrier ㅠㅠ

[+847,-7]Woah! I screamed out loud cause of how scared I got, please go easy on us with the acting cause that was so scaryㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+829,-7]Crazy… Seriously! That was so creepy! For real…

[+649,-6]Crazy! Seriously crazy! I got chills…

[+610,-4]Freaking goosebumps! How can she live like that?? Seriously?

[+607,-8]Woah I got goosebumps all over my body when the head nurse came out ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ Woah…. No…. That was crazy…

[+511,-4]Yah….I’m really…

[+455,-8]Ah… Crazy…

———-

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/02/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-is-the-head-nurse-really-seo-ye-jis-mother/
‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ Is the Head Nurse Really Seo Ye Ji’s Mother?

by krishkim

Spoiler

35A66502-00B9-4084-AA17-B1A009849E67.jpg

Credit: tvN

Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji are once again facing the nightmares of “butterfly.”

At the end of the 13th episode of tvN’s weekend drama It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, Park Haeng Ja (Jang Young Nam), the head nurse, was seen wearing the butterfly brooch, shocking the viewers.

During the episode, the past of Go Moon Young’s mother, Do Hee Jae (Woo Jung Won), and father, Go Dae Hwan (Lee Eol), was shown in detail. Being terrified of his wife, who was humming a song after killing a person, Go Dae Hwan killed her by pushing her off from the railing. He then dragged his unconscious wife and locked her up in the basement, and young Go Moon Young saw the whole thing. Go Dae Hwan, who was in his death bed, confessed that he was frightened that his daughter, too, will become a monster just like her mother.

So to Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji), who has been traumatized since a young age, Moon Sang Tae (Oh Jung Se) and Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun) brothers became a new rock. However, when someone painted the same butterfly as Do Hee Jae’s brooch on a hospital mural, the nightmare the three have been desperately trying to break away from came to life once again.

Above all, the situation has become even more catastrophic as Go Moon Young became sure that the person who killed Moon Kang Tae’s mother is her own mother. At that time, Park Haeng Ja (Jang Young Nam), the head nurse at the mental ward, was seen driving somewhere humming “Oh My Darling, Clementine” and wearing the butterfly brooch on her clothes, adding to the shock.

After the broadcast, words like “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay head nurse,” “Jang Young Nam,” and “Park Haeng Ja” were spotted in the real-time search words, proving netizens’ keen interest.

Attention is now focused on the connection between Park Haeng Ja and Do Hee Jae and how the three main characters will overcome this nightmare.

Source (1, 2)

——

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/02/with-the-unexpected-twist-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-sees-a-rise-in-viewership/
With the Unexpected Twist, ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ Sees a Rise in Viewership

by krishkim

The viewership of tvN’s weekend drama It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, which has only three episodes left, saw a slight rise amid the keen interest in the “butterfly nightmare.”

According to Nielsen Korea, the 13th episode of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, which aired on August 1, recorded 5.7 percent viewership. The figure is up 0.4 percent from 5.3 percent recorded in the previous episode.

Source (1, 2, 3)

• Like 11

So far our Writernim has been stays true faithfully and shows some deep respect to the characters. The characters have been growing toward the better direction with many bumps and rocks on the way but the steering always goes back the to right tracks. None of them off their rockers at all. Even side characters and the cleverly inserted and twisted fairy tales have been giving us more insights about what really happens inside the minds of our lovely characters. 

But if Nurse really turns out to be MY’s Mom, that will be a lazy writing that opted for easy way out. Based upon MY and Dad’s memories, Mom is a total full pledged bonker who didn’t hesitate to abused both physical and mentality even killed if she didn’t get her ways. She was especially obsessed and possessive towards her only daughter. She isolated her in order to has her for herself. She threatened her daughter to ditched a little boy who came with a bouquet of wild flowers. She even murdered a new housekeeper who seemed to showed bit of cares to her daughter (hence she said she can takes care of her own child when she stabbed her, I think Dad hired Moon’s Mommy to takes care of the house and MY). She had no restraints no patience, what Mommy wanted Mommy got, right now. 

So from everything that Writernim had given us a bout MY’s Mom, it’s totally opposite of Nurse’s behavior. She has been taking care of mentally challenging people for years. She didn’t chase after MY all over places. She didn’t murder MY’s CEO who is the only person closest to her for so many years. GT is alive and kicking. Nurse is very patient in plotting her evil deeds. Pulling string here and there. But none of the characteristics of MY’ Mom aggressiveness, a total opposite instead. She’s a mental case for sure.

I remember there’s a scene in the last part of certain episode where it showed a woman wearing Mom’s clothing but with short hair in the basement room preening in front of the dresser. Her mouth is different from Mom but it looks a lot like Nurse’s. I think there’s the time where she stole Mom’s personal things. All of the stories about MY’s family she got it from Dad who was on a late stage of dementia and she’s snooping here and there too. She’s a copy cat....A true nut job 

• Like 10

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/02/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-production-team-heralds-another-surprising-twist-in-the-coming-episode/
‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ Production Team Heralds Another Surprising Twist in the Coming Episode

by krishkim

1A0D8790-C9E5-454D-9FD0-32BB2D436A85.jpg

Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Chang Wan reveal the identity of the “butterfly.”

In the 14th episode of tvN’s It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun) and Oh Ji Wang (Kim Chang Wan), the director of the mental hospital, will look for the culprit who painted the butterfly and turned the hospital upside down.

In the previous episode, which aired on August 1, a butterfly was painted on a mural that Moon Sang Tae (Oh Jung Se) has been drawing, shocking everyone. Moon Kang Tae and Moon Sang Tae were confused as it was clear that someone intentionally drew the butterfly to send a warning.

Also, attention is focused on future development as Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji) was clearly in shock as she learned that her mother is the person who killed the two brothers’ mother and the identity of the butterfly who has traumatized Moon Sang Tae.

In the upcoming episode, which will air on August 2, Moon Kang Tae and Oh Ji Wang will search for the painter through security cameras. And another shocking twist will unfold when an unexpected person was shown on the video, once again plunging Moon Kang Tae and Oh Ji Wang into anger and anguish.

Source (1)

———

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/02/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-officially-finished-all-filmings/
‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ Officially Finished All Filmings

by krishkim

F70FE40C-E703-4E45-8B2B-EBFAB579CE21.jpg

Starring Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay has finished filming.

According to a media outlet, tvN’s weekend drama It’s Okay to Not be Okay officially ended all filming, including all lead and supporting roles, on July 31.

The filming period could have been longer than scheduled due to bad weather caused by the recent rainy season, but the journey came to a smooth end. However, the production team has canceled the wrap-up party for safety reasons.

It’s Okay to Not Be Okay depicts a fantasy fairytale-like love story of Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun), a psych ward community worker who refuses to love under the weight of heavy life, and Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji), a fairytale writer who doesn’t understand love.

The 16-episode It’s Okay to Not Be Okay premiere on June 20 and has only three episodes left till the end. It is known that the production team, actors, and actors’ staff have been ordered absolute silence regarding the ending that is drawing keen attention from viewers.

Since the recent episode showed an unexpected twist, attention is paid to what changes and developments will unfold in the remaining episodes.

As a follow-up of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, Stranger 2 will premiere on August 15.

Source (1)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Tsukimi said:

Am I the only one who thought that KT not knowing about the "shaman girl" mental illness kinda out of character ? He seems meticulous at his job and  a certificate nurse so I'm kinda disappointed .

There’s been a discussion on KT’s actual job title. It doesn’t seem likely that he’s a certified nurse given that he didn’t go to school, and he’s always referred to as a “caregiver”. So it seems that he’s a certified caregiver not a certified nurse, and so his duties and access to information would be below an actual nurse. Also his colleague (the annoying male nurse/caregiver, not sure) didn’t know about the woman’s condition too..

Interesting theory here!! Would love this to happen <3

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, ncly said:

Why didn't she just kill him right away out of revenge? Why let him die naturally (due to the brain tumor), and still willingly listened to his story before he died? Also, she seemed a little shock when he said MY saw he killed her mother?

It's crazy how she could act to be so caring and innocent to KT and ST, she was pretty nonchalant about MY, even (fakely) asking KT to make sure that MY's ok because her dad would pass away soon. Everything about her is just so confusing, creepy and...fake. I'm dying to see everything unfold in the last 3 episodes. 

I keep rewatching the past episodes to find some "clues" I'm not sure if it's episode 2 or 3, where MYs dad spoke about MY mom being beautiful, the head nurse was the only one who heard it and there was no hate in her expression. On the contrary, she looked like she feels sad or happy-sad. I remember the first time I watched it and asked myself if she knew something, but the story geared away from her. The scriptwriters made her a background character, albeit influencial. Very smart of them.

I'm so happy my expectations were met, we're unpacking MY's past. And I do hope they give clarity on how she survived as a child. And how in the world she met SI.

I've only watched few kdramas, I agreestill with you that they push climax up to the last episode, so I'm ready for creepy, angsty, sad episodes. 

• Like 7

Once again, MY looks beautiful in that white dress in the new stills.

Kudos to MY/YJ's stylist and make up artist in this drama, they have done such a wonderful job in portraying this extraordinary character. I'd have to confess though that I still miss MY's long hair a lot from time to time :)) 

Spoiler

Also, perhaps this was mentioned way earlier in this forum, but doesn't the female nurse, Jang Gui Ri, (who got scolded by the Head Nurse) look so so much like Jisoo from Blackpink? It's crazy how much they look a like....

guv1594955691.jpg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, stella77 said:

Maybe she drew the butterfly on the mural to break the family up so she could get MY back?

do you remember the mean dialogue after MY is attacked by her father from an unknown presence? I think it was the nurse. 

The same person also observed the exchange when GT told MY that you are an empty can.

I dont think she wants to let MY be happy. Why, I dont know. 

We know that the butterfly shadow falls on GT and MY but not ST. So, those two are in danger, emotionally or physically (we will see).

Btw I am also inquisitive about what happened to MY after her dad was institutionalised. Oh and that nurse when she spoke to GT also seemed to have a malicious intent! 

She will go to meet ST because ST doesn't know anything and she had gifted ST the dinosaur. I am looking forward to today :)

• Like 5
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아