[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

the cinematography looks really good to me too. some of the scenes look ordinary and typical in kdrama but if filmed differently and adding the leads chemistry (intensity x1000) it can easily become classic. Let me see, when he held her hand to stop her leaving, when she fixed his hair, when they met under the cherry blossom (so pretty), convenience store 'date', kabedon (loll), and also that rain scene where he came to find her. Not to forget those flashback(?) scenes of MoonYoung. now please have a good script ><

• Like 6

https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/7-things-know-about-kim-soo-hyun-and-seo-yea-ji-upcoming-netflix-drama-its-okay-not

7 things to know about Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Yea-ji in upcoming Netflix drama It's Okay To Not Be Okay

JUNE 10, 2020
ByJOAN WONG, KWOK KAR PENG | ASIAONE

4E63AB3A-F2DF-4471-8DA2-1F8AF3D9D2CF.jpg

Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Yea-ji
Netflix

It's been two years since K-drama fans saw his handsome face, but come June 20, they can soak in Kim Soo-hyun's magnetic charisma through his new drama It's Okay To Not Be Okay, which also stars actress Seo Yea-ji.

The two Korean stars met reporters in the Asia Pacific region this afternoon (June 10) through a virtual press conference to talk more about the series. So if you're planning to catch the drama on Netflix, here are seven things you should know about the show as well as its two stars.

1. Their 'flawed' characters

Kim Soo-hyun describes his character Moon Gang-tae as someone who tends to be stronger when he is with others and weaker when he is left to himself. The man is a sympathetic and patient caregiver who works in a psychiatric ward. Seo Yea-ji plays Gang-tae's love interest Ko Mun-yeong. On the contrary, she is an anti-social popular children's book author with a personality disorder, who lacks the ability to feel compassion and empathy for others.

An unusual romance develops between these two unlikely people who end up healing each other's emotional and psychological wounds.

Yea-ji, 30, added that when viewers watch her character, they will be able to feel like they're hurt along with her, and also being healed with her. "I believe you'll be able to look back at your own hardships, your past, your actions, things you've said, and even your future, and you'll have the opportunity to think about empathy for other people," she said.

53A990D3-2113-4A3E-8BA3-163A6D09FD0F.jpg

PHOTO: Netflix

2. His transitional point in life

Gang-tae is also the main caregiver to his brother Sang-tae, who is eight years older and on the autism spectrum. Soo-hyun, 32, shared more about his character's relationship with his on-screen brother, and how Mun-yeong's appearance changed him.

"When Gang-tae is with Sang-tae, Gang-tae becomes the older brother and he has to become an adult. He has to swallow his pride and give in. However, when he meets Mun-yeong, he begins to let his guard down. He can complain about things and he becomes a child. Meeting her is like a transitional point in his life."

3. Working with each other

Soo-hyun admitted there was awkwardness when he met Yea-ji for the first time at the beginning of production. However, their chemistry grew after spending more time together. He said at the press conference: "She is very comfortable as a person, but when she's acting as Mun-yeong, she is extremely focused. I get energy and stimulation; I'm learning thanks to her."

Yea-ji added that he "has been very considerate to [her]" since the very first day, and that Soo-hyun "is probably the best partner [she has] had".

FB332C11-75E9-4B78-B222-EA792EB7A989.jpg

PHOTO: Netflix

4. The first time they read the script

Soo-hyun confessed he felt his heart ache the first time he read the script. The show offers a variety of characters with different stories and love, and he believes that "there is something in it for everybody" to relate to and enjoy.

Yea-jin said she felt pity for Mun-yeong, who is unable to empathise with others, making her extremely selfish and arrogant. The character's personality flaws hurt not only others but also herself. The script also left her intrigued as she has never seen such a character in any Korean dramas before.

5. Nervous coming back to acting

This is Soo-hyun's first full project since completing his military service last July, and his first starring role in a drama since 2015's Producer. He said in the press conference that he was, and still is, extremely nervous. "While serving my military service, I had this thirst to be on screen again and to act." He added he got stronger physically after his military service, and he's become more experienced and created more "space" in his attitude shown through acting.

6. Channelling her inner witch

To portray her character, Yea-ji told reporters that she has to channel the image of a witch. "My low voice and my witch-like aura really helped me to channel my inner Mun-yeong. By playing this character, I went through experiences that healed some things inside me, and I was able to learn some new things about myself through the eyes of others."

She also added in the press conference: "Our drama narrates difficulties endured by people and one of my favourite quote is 'Overcome it. If you don't overcome it, then you're nothing but a young child whose soul can't grow.' I hope that viewers can feel hope and courage to overcome everything through watching our drama."

7. Not a fashionista

Yea-ji revealed that Mun-yeong has a unique personality of her own, and the actress expresses her characteristics in an external way through her hair, make-up, and costume. Some of the things that Mun-yeong wears might come across as a little odd, and some might find it hard to understand why she would wear things like that. Yea-ji explained: "We tried not to focus on her being fashionable, but to show her as someone who expresses herself through what she wears. What she wears isn't something to show off, but something she puts on to defend herself."

It's Okay To Not Be Okay will premiere Saturday June 20 at 9.30pm on Netflix, and new episodes will be released every Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

With ENG SUB

this new trailer tho... :bawling:  the cinematography plus Heize’s voice in the background!!!!

The story seems so sad but they keep emphasizing it as a romantic comedy drama. I’m curious how they’ll incorporate the latter genre into this... maybe just subtle comedy here and there. Either way I can’t wait :lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 3

TAIWAN NEWS

Recently, Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji accepted the joint video interview of the Asia-Pacific media, because it was the first starring work of  Kim Soo Hyun after he retired, attracting more than 70 media from 7 countries in the Asia-Pacific region to attend the online joint video conference. 

Moon Kang Tai played by Kim Soo Hyun is more powerful than anyone else, but becomes weak when he is alone. He has a mentally ill brother, Moon Sang Tae (played by Oh Jung Se). To describe the feelings with his brother, "Kang Tae is like a brother to a younger brother, like an adult willing to lose money and be courteous, but this kind of steel too will be fooled and coquettish when he meets Moon Young, like a child... ...I was hesitant because I was afraid to say more." 

Speaking of the role and plot of "It's Okay To Not Be Okay", Kim Soo Hyun continued to describe his feelings for the whole drama with "heartache". "After reading the script for the first time, I was very sad, and I wanted to perform it." Because he felt heartache for the story, he aroused the desire to express himself, wanted to use acting to challenge the role change, and hoped that the audience would see his growth, so agree to perform and hoping that his acting skills will resonate with the audience.

And Kim Soo Hyun returned to the small screen for the first time after serving as a soldier, and his performance was of course the focus that everyone expected. Kim Soo Hyun said that choosing " It's okay To Not Be Okay" as his first retired army is actually very nervous and a bit worried. When he was in the army, he wanted to act very much, and he was very happy to receive an invitation to this work, hoping to perform well.
He also revealed that after the soldiers, he has better physical condition, the heart is also more comfortable, "the face of acting attitudes have changed, from the outset, you should be able to care about my look out." 

"It's okay To Not Be Okay" will be broadcast in many countries around the world through Netflix. Kim Soo Hyun believes that although the audience culture in different countries is different, he believes that the feelings of missing and loving a person are the same, and hopes that the audience can enjoy it easily and freely. Seo Ye Ji also hopes that the audience can be happy and sad with the plot and gain the healing power. 

Kim Soo Hyun deliberately recommended in an exaggerated tone, "Thank you for caring about our work, this drama is a little, a little, a little bit more serious than imagined. Although it was easier at first, it will become more and more heavy later. Everyone will surely fall into it, I hope you will like it, please everyone."

The whole drama will be aired on Netflix every Saturday and Sunday at 9:30 (Taiwan time) from June 20. 

845177fbb2fb4316f6c7e41537a4462308f7d346.jpg

cr: Baidu

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cr https://www.soompi.com/article/1405938wpp/kim-soo-hyun-talks-about-returning-with-1st-starring-drama-role-since-military-service-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-cast-describes-working-together-and-more

The drama includes fantasy elements and features famous fairy tales such as “The Red Shoes” and “Bluebeard,” as well as tales for adults that were made just for the show. Director Park Shin Woo said, “The female lead character is a writer of cruel fairy tales. The drama is similar to such fairy tales in that they both blur the distinction between normal and abnormal, and common sense and senselessness.”

Since these 2 fairy tales were mentioned, here are the links for research.  Grimms Fairy Tales and old folk tales do have a gory bent to it.  Not for the faint of heart.  A lot of them were originally written for adults.

http://hca.gilead.org.il/red_shoe.html

https://www.pitt.edu/~dash/perrault03.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

WOW! I am totally in with this drama!! The teaser was really good!!

I am eager to watch them sharing the screen... I liked her a lot in Lawless Lawyer, her voice is really appealing and I feel that she will have great chemistry with KSH. So far, they have been showing it! 

And, of course, I am really excited to finally watch KSH‘s comeback drama! 

• Like 2

"The eyes are epic"… 'Psycho is okay,' Kim Soo-hyun is back

It is Kim Soo-hyun's comeback, which has been waiting and waited. 

Kim Soo-hyun's comeback tvN The new Saturday drama 'Psycho But It's Fine' is a mental ward guard who refuses to love with the heavy weight of life. It's a little strange romantic comedy drama about a fantasy fairy-tale love to go. 

Director Park Shin-woo who previously directed the film, asserted that “there was no need for reason” for the reason for casting Kim Soo-hyun, so in the sequentially released videos and photos, Kim Soo-hyun has already become Moon Kang-tae itself and is fully prepared to meet viewers finished. 

Above all, Kim Soo-hyun's patented eyes, which have become deeper than ever, are responding to prospective viewers saying that “they were hit by the eyes” while robbing their eyes. Slightly raised lips and affectionate gaze make the heart pound, or sometimes Moon Kang-tae who has lived for a while, reminds the heart of the abyss. 

From the introduction to the conclusion, Kim Soo-hyun's eyes seem to contain a narrative from the beginning, and his visuals also provoke an unchanging heartbeat, making him look forward to encountering 'Psycho but it's okay' with Moon Kang-tae. 
Also, it is noteworthy what kind of intense romance will excite Seoi-ji, who already boasts fantasy chemistry. 

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0003030942

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000668915

0003030942_003_20200614090905153.jpg?type=w540

0003030942_002_20200614090905134.jpg?type=w540

• Like 7