[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

OSEN | 2020. 06. 10

Viewers go wild for top-notch chemistry of Kim Soo Hyun - Seo Ye Ji in "It's Okay To Not Be Okay"

C9222891-3D71-4797-982C-676769B9B76B.jpg

The new Sat-Sun drama "It's Okay To Not Be Okay" (tvN) is making the audience eager when releasing the video revealing its  prominent scenes.

tvN's new Sat-Sun drama "It's Okay To Not Be Okay" (director: Park Shin Woo, scriptwriter: Jo Yong, planners: Studio Dragons, StoryTV, Gold Medalist), which is set to first air on June 20 (Saturday), is a rom-com with odd elements. Its story revolves around a beautiful romance like a fantasy fairy tale between Moon Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun) - a nurse in a psychiatric ward who refuses to love because of the burdens in his chaotic life, with Go Moon Young (played by Seo Ye Ji) - a fairytale author who knows nothing about love because of her innate defect. In the drama, they will comfort and heal each other's wounds.

In the announced highlight video, the immersive acting of the cast including Kim Soo Hyun (as Moon Kang Tae), Seo Ye Ji (as Go Moon Young), Oh Jung Se (as Moon Sang Tae), and Park Gyu Young (as Nam Joo Ri) quickly captures the viewer's attention. Starting with the story "The boy who grew up with nightmares", the video stimulates the audience's excitement when in turn revealing a lineup of unique characters full of personality - Moon Kang Tae with a melancholy face as if he was the teenager who grew up with those nightmares, Go Moon Young with an appearance reminiscent of a witch, and Moon Sang Tae - a character who possesses a pure soul.

Notably, viewers are paying close attention to the fateful "clash" between Moon Kang Tae - the man who is tired of his difficult life - and Go Moon Young - the woman who stirs up his quiet and tiring life. The viewers can't help feeling fluttered by the ambiguous relationship between Go Moon Young and Moon Kang Tae when she straightforwardly says "Can you be my seatbelt? or when he shakes viewers' heart saying to her "Don't go" despite acting cold and keeping a distance with her. At the same time, the audience is curious about how these two, who have contrasting lives, become a "not-bad" presence in the other's life.

Moreover, the implicative question "Do you believe in fate?" in the beginning forms a subtle antithesis of the saying at the end "Is fate something special? If you appear in front of me when I need you, it is fate." Then, the trailer continues to raise the audience's expectation of Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young's fluttering romance with the scene they face each other under the floating cherry blossoms.

In addition, when Moon Sang Tae - who has autism spectrum disorder (ASD) - has a seizure in the crowd, Moon Kang Tae embraces and calms him down, thereby making the viewers' hearts hurt when envisioning the two brothers' hard lives having to depend on each other to survive. In addition, the scene of Go Moon Young appearing in front of mental health nurse Nam Joo Ri (played by Park Kyu Young) - who always cares for patients wholeheartedly - exudes an unusual atmosphere that raises the viewers' curiosity about the predestined relationship of the two girls.

The image of butterflies flitting about and the look of someone being chased have brought a sense of extreme tension and elicited viewers' unlimited speculation. In addition, the line saying hold on and don't let things burst along with the scene where a rice cake package explode show the emotional and intelligent direction of director Park Shin Woo. The fairy-tale-like footage combined with the cast's solid acting and a unique story has left a deep echo in viewers.

Right after the release of the video, audiences are having high expectations about the drama such as, "Just a short video can disclose the quality of the work", "Can't wait for the drama", "The drama gathers all prestigious and worth-watching actors", "Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji's chemistry is so special", "The chemistry is so on point. 'Bromance' moments are awesome", etc.

The new Sat-Sun drama "It's Okay To Not Be Okay" (tvN), which is expected to feature rich stories and the acting that highlights the characters' prominent personality, will air its first episode at 9 pm (KST) Saturday, June 20.

OSEN = Reporter Park So Young /comet568@osen.co.kr
Photo = "It's Okay To Not Be Okay"
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 7

This drama haven't even started yet I am falling for the main couple's chemistry! :D I even followed the couple's official forum in the shippers paradise like I am that sucker for them :joy:

This drama will surely be a hit for it promotes mental awareness that people often keep! I will be watching till the very end :wub: Wishing for this drama's success :heart:

Btw hello to you all...

• Like 2
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

He doesn't age at all. He said, he drunk many vitamin and he also said thanks to photoshop

Alright! Those vitamins he intaken must have been really good huh! I wonder what those are so I can buy it an be an immortal myself! Gosh I really wish to age like a fine wine like him HUHUHUHUHUHUH 

200.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

12 minutes ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

Alright! Those vitamins he intaken must have been really good huh! I wonder what those are so I can buy it an be an immortal myself! Gosh I really wish to age like a fine wine like him HUHUHUHUHUHUH 

He just joking :D

101974562_1114089932295967_2887293523200

102800822_1114090152295945_2914770783183

24 minutes ago, moonlover said:

Btw hello to you all.

Hello for you too

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Just dropping by to say 'hi' to everyone in this thread. Will probably be a lurker for the next week because I'm getting hyped up with all these teasers and promos. The chemistry of KSH and SYJ is jumping out of all those stills. 

• Like 6

I JUST LOVE THE NEW TEASER AND THE OST! Female singer sounds like Heize for sure.

TVN wants me dead before June 20th by releasing & giving us all these great treats! 

*GMY with her fingers is like MKT looks so delicious... i want him! Omg, she is so cute!* :w00t::lol:

dtFAqE2.gif

I can imagine if there's a bed scene, it'll be rough. Sorry I'm being all pervy! Blame them! :lol:

This sweet scene of them and how MY touches and fixes his hair telling him "Don't wear a hat, I can't see your handsome face" is making my heart flutter & it's about to explode! :wub:

6HMM0tl.gif

All of the OTP scenes made me rewatch the teasers cause I know their romance will be so heart fluttering & heartwrenching. I'm going to be EMOTIONALLY WRECK! ^_^

Spoiler

SM99hii.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 4