Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, lolly84 said:

Even if it could be possibile about ST and MY be sibilings, at this point drama should be 20 episodes! I DEMAND a lot of KISSES... I don't need a bed scene BUT I REQUEST ABSOLUTELY A PASSIONATE KISS between OTP!!!

At this point, I have my suspicions that such a kiss won't happen. If we get any kiss at all, it'll be again something similar to the "peck".

My theory is not that MY & ST are siblings but that ST & KT are not brothers. :D In fact, I am pretty sure they are not. Wondering though, whether they are not brothers at all (not sharing same mother and father) or just the father is different.

This theory of mine intensifies even more, considering Oh Jung-se (the actor playing ST) in one interview says several times about Kim Soo-hyun "I am his biological brother," to which they both laugh. Gotta be suspicious about that. :P 

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 8
  • Shocked 2

The week is slowly creeping towards the weekend, only Wednesday.

http://theindependent.sg/kim-soo-hyun-finds-happiness-in-the-drama-its-okay-to-not-be-okay/

Kim Soo Hyun finds happiness in the drama It’s Okay To Not Be Okay

AUTHOR

DATE

July 21, 2020

Things happen when the caretaker in a psychiatric hospital meets a children's storybook writer

Seoul — South Korean cable television channel tvN’s drama It’s Okay To Not Be Okay has given fans a glimpse of Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji going on a romantic date.

Spoiler ahead! On the earlier episode of the drama, Moon Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun) decided to listen to his heart instead of his head for the first time in his life.

Thanks to his strong sense of responsibility and the stresses of having to take care of his older brother from an early age, Moon had never deviated from the rules or let himself be swayed by his emotions.

So when a patient’s abusive former husband physically attacked Go Moon Young (played by Seo Ye Ji), Moon was unable to stop himself from punching the man in her defence and, as a result of that, earned himself a suspension from the hospital.

With It’s Okay To Not Be Okay going into the second half of its run, the producers tease that this uncharacteristic behaviour is barely the start of Moon’s transformation.

Moon is smiling all the way in newly-released stills from the drama’s coming episode. The caretaker spends a carefree day with Go and enjoys freedom for the first time in years.

Unlike his past muted emotions, Moon smiles happily at the camera as he posed for a selfie with Go during the day. At night, they share a relaxing drink as they enjoy the warm summer weather outdoors.

The two of them start to grow closer and they start to finally find the courage to look inside themselves at the emotional scars they had previously been afraid to face.

Moon is a caretaker who works in a psychiatric hospital and he has no time for romance. Go is a children’s storybook writer with an anti-social personality disorder.

The two of them meet and begin to heal each other’s emotional scars. /TISG

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I share this reaction video, they are Koreans, I like their videos, thanks to them I realized some things that I didn't notice before

For example they noticed that the scene of Kang Tae and Moon Young in the car was a parody of this scene in the drama I'm Sorry I Love You :)

Edited by Kim_21
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

@Kim_21 thanks so much for the reaction — very relatable. I loved it and yes, I also learned some interesting insights.

• Like 2

yay its thursday already, a couple more days until the next ep! 

in the meantime, I've been rewatching episode 9 and 10. ngl upon first watch, i was kinda disappointed by KT's reaction to leaving MY (it didn't feel emotional enough for me, so i was like KT, show us you care!! haha) However upon rewatch, I realised it was fitting for his character as KT was just reverting back to his old self i.e. suppressing his emotions once again. The scene where he walks away from her at the beach, you can tell he's holding back. I think the show did such a great job at showing KT slowly opening himself and showing his real emotions, that when he reverted back to being a 'robot', his reaction felt unfitting to what had happened. Despite this however, he did show signs of emotion when it came to MY e.g. telling her dad she's not a monster and at the end when he thought something bad had happened to MY. this is all very fitting as we know MY will be the one to bring him back to life in a sense and really help him live. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

So this is the song that Moon Young was singing on the bridge :lol:

Edited by Kim_21
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, everyone! I've been lurking on this forum and can't hold it anymore not to join you all in discussing this drama :D

It's thursday already~ Is it only me or anyone here also think that there will be nothing happened after KT comes to the castle? Imagining KT rushes there to see MY and OR are drinking together:joy:

Also, when I rewatch ep 10, it seems like head nurses who whispers to MY's dad, dunno why but I just see the lips and cheek features belong to the head nurse.

I really wish there will be no more separation for MY and KT. We have 6 eps left but we can see the rainbow in their relationship already. Hopefully the mistery of their mom wont be the problem that separate them again but how they can help each other to heal their trauma.

Just my two cents, am so happy to read all the insights here:wub:

Edited by solilokuyla
  • Like 6

[HanCinema's News] "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" Attracts a Sizable International Fanbase

While domestic South Korean have lamented the apparent drop in drama popularity since the conclusion of "The World of the Married" internationally South Korean dramas are still maintaining a high profile. Much of this is thanks to the success of "It's Okay to Not Be Okay". The return project of Kim Soo-hyun has underwhelmed in domestic terrestrial ratings but has struck a major chord on Netflix, where it has charted in quite a few far flung countries.

In Asia "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" has done well in the usual markets of Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore. It also has a strong following in South America, with Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, and Peru all demonstrating interest in the drama. Even Nigeria and Australia have proved demonstrations of the drama's worldwide popularity. "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" also enjoys high ratings on viewer aggregate ranking sites, beating out "The King: Eternal Monarch" and even "Crash Landing on You"

Some of the stated reasons for this popularity include the drama's deliberate emphasis on mental health issues. The titular psychopath played by Seo Ye-ji is a psychopath in the medical sense rather than the pejorative sense. The older brother of Kim Soo-hyun's character, played by Oh Jung-se, has autism. And the mental health facility where Kim Soo-hyun's character works is filled with various mental patients with relatively realistically drawn disabilities.

Such a deliberate focus narrows the drama's appeal somewhat, as many viewers have found the characters to be offputting. But "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" has offset the limits of this appeal in the domestic market by broadcasting the fairly unique concept worldwide, allowing the drama to find fans in many unusual places. This has made the drama a noteworthy success of Studio Dragon's current internationally focused strategy in spite of the drama's weak showing in traditional metrics.

Written by William Schwartz

IMG_8793.JPG?type=w800

• Like 3

EdmCH3nUcAUfNgG?format=jpg&name=small

EdmCH4UVoAAz4j_?format=jpg&name=small

That looks delicious...

Credit to tvN

Spoiler

• Like 5

NUTINE  [Kim Soo Hyun as spokesperson]   sent Coffee car to support Kim Soo Hyun and It's Okay To Not Be Okay

59e054fbgy1gh0xeoz5l8j20u011iqb1.jpg

59e054fbgy1gh0xeswg46j20u011ijwj.jpg

59e054fbgy1gh0xerdrpxj20u011i4cf.jpg

More pics

Spoiler

59e054fbgy1gh0xes8021j20u011ijw3.jpg

59e054fbgy1gh0xetk6pnj20u011i78f.jpg

• Like 3

I've been watching this drama, and the visuals, direction and basic concept is all good and done very well (especially tying in the fairy tales with darker reality), the acting is good (that last scene from episode 9 was just heartbreaking) but the show has gone very slow and full of fillers, and for the love of common sense, all 3 i.e. MY, KT, ST need heavy proper counseling sessions separately with proper doctors. Because at this point all of it looks pretty ridiculous to me.

That hospital is extremely suspicious to me, the manner in which Dr. Wang carries himself and his 'sessions' is all nonsense, same is the case with Nurse Park. These two don't run the hospital at all, instead everyone is doing and saying and screaming whatever the hell they want to, Dr. Wang plays good cop, Nurse Park plays bad cop but nothing gets resolved. It's all chaos! I hope it turns out in the end that these two 'heads' were more crazy than the patients, Nurse Park is MY's evil mother/ murderer and Dr. Wang is some long lost uncle or brother of hers and the 2 of them run the hospital because it is fun for them to see crazy looney toones behavior and let all kinds of crazy things happen! Plus they can control patients and MY.

This hospital is not curing anyone. That's for sure. The publisher Sang-In has more logical sense than the doctors and caretakers combined!

KT is working as a health care professional (caretaker) in a mental health institution and there have been 2-3 episodes where his depression, outbursts and other issues with brother or MY have come forth, but no one bats an eye and it's business as usual. Doesn't anyone check the backgrounds of caretakers or talk to them to see if they are able to handle duties or not? He literally has never even discovered what he'd like to do for an hour let alone in life as a job, or as a man! At this rate, he'll be hanging himself near the wall ST has painted!

ST needs help from a proper professional, not being hidden and taken from town to town (with his doormat brother giving up his life for him all the time), he needs a proper doctor to get past the trauma of childhood and also how to communicate emotions and build healthy boundaries. He is a talented fellow and can earn a huge income from his illustrations with MY's work and others.

Same is required of MY. Love does not conquer all and unless the drama wants a repeat of marriage of MY's parents (where one was dominant, the other submissive, one was abusive, the other is denial and didn't protect the daughter, and there is a murder to hide! And someone ends up choking kids!), MY and KT are looking at repeating the marital cycle of MY's parents in that castle. She needs professional help and needs to recognize that she does. Plus, she is an extremely talented successful storyteller. What will KT do as the brother and boyfriend of 2 talented successful people? Become their agent? 

So they all need to fix themselves with proper guidance, not this haphazard way of sex appeal and brotherly angst!

The serial is enforcing wrong things, MY, KT, ST relationship right now has all the hallmarks of a toxic, co-dependent, emotionally constipated relationship, like everything will be okay if only they had a caravan to run away together! 

Too much time wasted on non-central /. non-essential characters. Should've been a 20-episode serial. Not enough progress on the 3 leads mental issues.

It's NOT okay to be not okay! There I've said it!

• Like 1

OMG we are back!!! I missed everyone and was so not looking forward to watching the new episodes without everyone here! Let’s celebrate!!

:highonflowers:

• Like 11

I'm happy the forums are back right on time for the new episode 

• Like 10

I miss you guys! Im so glad the forums are back. Looks like KT and MY are wearing the school uniforms for today’s episode.

• Like 5

Glad we're back on track. Soohyun posted their selcas on his IG earlier :highonflowers:

• Like 4

Hello guys! got sad when I have a hard time logging in but it's back again. Prepare yourself for another weekend of craziness :D

• Like 5