[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

More from the PressCon. :wub:

In the presscon, they asked KSH why doesn’t he age.

He said it’s because he is taking a lot of vitamins and thanks for the photoshop.

He's so cute! :blush:

EaIQ_WOVAAA48_8?format=jpg&name=large

EaIQ_WOUcAAXRss?format=jpg&name=large

EaIRBTEVAAAyfAB?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EaIQ_WQUEAAz2lh?format=jpg&name=large

EaIQ_WPU8AYIijO?format=jpg&name=large

EaIRAVNU4AEhnh0?format=jpg&name=large

EaIRAdVU0AI6SVg?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 8
  • Love 2

When Yeji was asked how she'd like MY to be called, she didn't know what to answer then she looked at SH and said 'dandelion' bc he answered before how GT is 'dandelion' for his brother and MY loves GT sm so she'd be 'female dandelion' lolll

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Let's pray for the 1st ep 15% rating you wish.  We know that's impossible for cable dramas / cable channel
Maybe he forgot it's TVN not public broadcast like SBS, MBC, and KBS :)

But wish you all the best.
Good ratings, success domestically and Internationally 

102563001_1113836645654629_9019106136658

101977438_1113836398987987_7976168374356

102288111_1113836198988007_2049668926479

• Like 2
  • Love 4

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 06. 10.

Netflix offers new screenings services of Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji's drama around the world

5E4B6A82-230E-4464-8763-122015641A90.jpg

Netflix will broadcast the new Sat-Sun drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (tvN) starring Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji.

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" will be broadcast on Netflix starting from June 20. For Asia, including Korea, Japan, and English-speaking regions as well as Latin America, from the first day of broadcast, Netflix will publish each episode right after ending its official broadcast in Korea. Meanwhile, with the remaining regions, all episodes will be published at the same time on August 16.

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" is a comedy - romantic drama like a fantasy fairy tale, depicting the process of Moon Kang Tae - a nurse in the psychiatry department who always refuses love due to the burden of a difficult life - and Go Moon Young - the female author of children's comics who doesn't know what love is because of her innate flaws - soothing and helping each other heal their wounds.

Kim Soo Hyun - the actor who captures the attention for choosing "It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' as the work marking his official comeback after being demobilized - will transform into the nurse Moon Kang Tae of the psychiatry department. He is expected to show passionate acting when expressing the difficult and hard life of Moon Kang Tae, a young man who has to look after his brother Moon Sang Tae (played by Oh Jung Se) suffering from autism (ASD) at home and take care of patients with mental difficulties at the hospital without having time to care of his own life.

In addition, Seo Ye Ji, who will have romantic and healing coordination with Kim Soo Hyun, plays the famous children's literary author Go Moon Young. Unlike her perfect intellect and beauty, this is a character who always acts spontaneously due to her anti-social personality and causes trouble wherever she goes. Seo Ye Ji promises to show haughty Go Moon Young's deadly charisma, so the audience is also paying much attention to her acting transformation through this work.

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" is set to meet worldwide audiences through Netflix from June 20.

Reporter Park Jung Sun park.jungsun@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
http://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

—————

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 06. 10.

Kim Soo Hyun: "Target viewership rating for 1st episode of 'It's Okay to Not Be Okay' is 15%"

A75CBF1A-7C65-4117-BC01-9D53CF0CE110.jpg

Kim Soo Hyun is about to return after 5 years of absence with the drama ''It's Okay to Not Be Okay''. The actress that will be co-starring with him in this drama is Seo Ye Ji. The public is focusing on whether the actor will continue to conquer the audience with a weekend drama after a series of great successes such as ''Moon Embracing The Sun'', ''My Love From the Star'', ''The Producers'', etc.

On the afternoon of June 10, a press conference for the premiere of the new weekend drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (tvN) was held online to prevent Covid-19 infection. The press conference had the participation of actors Kim Soo Hyun, Seo Ye Ji, Oh Jung Se, Park Kyu Young and director Park Shin Woo.

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' is a rom-com drama that acts like a fantasy fairy tale, depicting the process of Kim Soo Hyun (as Moon Kang Tae) - a nurse working at a mental ward that is always denying love due to the burden of his difficult life - and Seo Ye Ji (as Go Moon Young) - a female writer of children books who doesn't know what love is because of her birth defect - comforting and healing each other's wound.

Director Park Shin Woo started the press conference, saying "I'm glad to be able to accompany such great actors in such amazing work." When the reporters asked, "You include in the work the element 'a fairy tale for adults'. What does this mean?", the director explained and didn't forget to appeal the viewers, "Moon Young - the female lead - is a children's literature author with a tinge of cruelty. I use this introduction as the 'code' of the drama. A 'cruel fairy tale' has similarities with effacing the boundary between normal and abnormal, reasonable and unreasonable; however, I hope that the audiences don't get too focus on this detail but to accept the drama just like its title."

84805086-E310-454C-8584-5BB305CCE0E3.jpg

Actors Seo Ye Ji and Kim Soo Hyun are posing for photos at the press conference for the Sat-Sun drama ''It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' (tvN) conducted online on the afternoon of June 10. ''It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' portrays the process of Kang Tae - a nurse at mental health department who always refuses to love due to the burden of a difficult life - and Go Moon Young - the female writer of children's comics who doesn't know what is love because of a natural defect - comforting and healing each other's wound.

Spoiler

7255E587-C667-4F4C-91C8-89F541293DB3.jpg

Actors Kim Soo Hyun and Oh Jung Se are posing for photos at the press conference for the Sat-Sun drama ''It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' (tvN) conducted online on the afternoon of June 10. ''It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' portrays the process of Kang Tae - a nurse at mental health department who always refuses to love due to the burden of a difficult life - and Go Moon Young - the female writer of children's comics who doesn't know what is love because of a natural defect - comforting and healing each other's wound.

As Kim Soo Hyun's comeback work on the small screen after 5 years, "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" has been under the limelight right from the beginning. He shared feelings on his comeback, "It's been a long time since I last greeted everyone. I have been actually waiting for so long. I'm really nervous, but I also have certain expectations." Referring to the reasons for choosing this work, the actor explained, "The drama's title has appealed to me. I want to clearly understand the wounds Moon Kang Tae is carrying, as well as gain the sympathy of many people by depicting those wounds."

Kim Soo Hyun said that his physical strength is now much better than that when he was in the army. However, he also smiled and revealed that he felt pressured because it had been a long time since he appeared in front of the public. He expressed his determination, "Through this work, I will do my best to portray Kang Tae's hurt and how he recovers from it."

Seo Ye Jin also signaled a transformation in terms of acting with an anti-social character, reminding of the witch image in fairy tales. Besides, the drama aroused the curiosity about the story it will deliver with the participation of Oh Jung Se - the recipient of the Best Supporting Actor in TV category at the "56th Baeksang Arts Awards" - and the most expected actor Park Kyu Young. In particular, Oh Jung Se has shown his sincere and sophisticated acting in the role of an autistic.

Director Park Shin Woo wittily shared the backstage stories in the casting process, “The character Go Moon Young that Seo Ye Ji plays is a hard role, so much that I often complain to the scriptwriter. I've discussed at length with Ye Ji and I'm gradually building the character Moon Young. Although I don't know whether the direction we're taking is right or not, we're together building it up. (Laugh) This character has two appeals at the same time, sometimes masculine, sometimes feminine. Right after I met Ye Ji, I wanted to shout ‘It's her!'" On the other hand, director Park showed total satisfaction saying that he didn't need a special reason to invite Kim Soo Hyun to the drama. The couple photos of Kim Soo Hyun - Seo Ye Ji is receiving positive response and heightening the expectation for the drama. On this, director Park Shin Woo smilingly said, "It's like I got this luck falling in front of me from the sky."

Spoiler

F128954F-FD15-48D0-BE7B-D3A5E6D2BBD8.jpg

Actor Kim Soo Hyun is posing for photos at the press conference for the Sat-Sun drama ''It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' (tvN) conducted online on the afternoon of June 10. ''It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' portrays the process of Kang Tae - a nurse at mental health department who always refuses to love due to the burden of a difficult life - and Go Moon Young - the female writer of children's comics who doesn't know what is love because of a natural defect - comforting and healing each other's wound.

Spoiler

6DD46F7B-62A1-41AD-894D-4DE61ADFFA9C.jpg

Actress Seo Ye Ji is posing for photos at the press conference for the Sat-Sun drama ''It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' (tvN) conducted online on the afternoon of June 10. ''It's Okay to Not Be Okay'' portrays the process of Kang Tae - a nurse at mental health department who always refuses to love due to the burden of a difficult life - and Go Moon Young - the female writer of children's comics who doesn't know what is love because of a natural defect - comforting and healing each other's wound.

As for Oh Jung Se, he previously contributed greatly to the success of the two dramas ''When the Camellia Blooms'' and ''Stove League'' with his opposite transformation. The actor shared the image he wanted to bring through this work, "Sang Tae is an adult but he has a naive soul. That is the charm of this character."

Oh Jung Se and Kim Soo Hyun will play a sibling duo. The actor said, "First of all, I want to apologize to many people, including Soo Hyun. I used to worry that the two would be hard to work together because he doesn't have a brother but during the filming, the emotions that couldn't be seen with the naked eye were cultivated between us. When he read the lines, he kept calling 'Brother'. It seems that I have become like a brother to him. In my heart, he is like a younger brother who is a little bit like an older brother."

Kim Soo Hyun added, "When I learned that director Park Shin Woo, actor Seo Ye Ji, and senior Oh Jung Se were featured in this work, I thought it was like a dining table which had been prepared. I am working hard on filming, thinking that the audience will definitely watch this drama.''

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" is a work concerning an era in which people gnaw and endure pain like a common cold. Therefore, it is difficult for them to distinguish whether confiding about their pain is normal or abnormal. Through the main characters who live in a state of emotional deprivation and suffer a lot of trauma, the drama promises to find a way to cure them and soothe viewers' hearts.

The cast has set a target viewership rating of 15% for the first episode. Kim Soo Hyun expressed his faith, "Surely, director Park Shin Woo will make it come true." "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" will air its first episode at 9 pm (KST) June 20.

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Photo = CJ ENM
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
http://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh this bit got me because it is such an amazing observation about the current society:>>>>

It's Okay to Not Be Okay" is a work concerning an era in which people gnaw and endure pain like a common cold. Therefore, it is difficult for them to distinguish whether confiding about their pain is normal or abnormal. Through the main characters who live in a state of emotional deprivation and suffer a lot of trauma, the drama promises to find a way to cure them and soothe viewers' hearts.“ 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/06/10/entertainment/television/Its-Okay-to-Not-Be-Okay-TVN-June-20/20200610174409449.html

New tvN drama to show it's O.K., to not be O.K.

June 10, 2020

Actors Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji pose for a press event for their upcoming tvN drama series "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" on Wednesday. [TVN]
Actors Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji pose for a press event for their upcoming tvN drama series "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" on Wednesday. [TVN]

As its title suggests, the goal of the upcoming tvN drama series “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” is to show it’s O.K. to not be O.K. 

“I believe that all of us are crazy in one way or another,” director Park Shin-woo said in an online press event on Wednesday. “Just like the title says, I hope that people can look at themselves and wonder if this [to not be O.K.] is such a problem.” 

Even before the series began airing, the news that two stars — Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji — were cast as the leads had fans in a frenzy, especially those of Kim who’d waited for his return to the screen ever since he was discharged from his mandatory military service last July.   

Until now, however, Kim had only made two cameo appearances in two drama series — “Hotel del Luna” (2019) and “Crash Landing on You” (2019) on tvN — but his short scenes have gone viral online, especially because the actor’s strikingly good looks hadn't diminished over his hiatus.   

The drama series marks his official return to the local entertainment industry.   

“I completed my military duties rather late compared to others,” Kim said. “But I think it was a good thing for me. It was rather like taking a break, and I think it gave me time to bolster my strength — both in mind and body. Although I may still lack many assets, I became more composed.” 

Kim features as Moon Gang-tae, a caretaker in a psychiatric institution who solely supports his autistic older brother Sang-tae (played by actor Oh Jung-se). Seo, his romantic interest, portrays Ko Mun-yeong, the writer of hit children’s fairy tales who has a personality disorder which stems from her traumatic childhood. 

From left, actors Seo Ye-ji, Kim Soo-hyun, Oh Jung-se, Park Gyu-young and director Park Shin-woo pose for the camera at online press event on Thursday. [TVN]
From left, actors Seo Ye-ji, Kim Soo-hyun, Oh Jung-se, Park Gyu-young and director Park Shin-woo pose for the camera at online press event on Thursday. [TVN]

“Mun-yeong is a self-centered, cold character who feels no empathy toward others,” Seo said, describing her character. “She is highly defensive, and her wall is physically fabricated through her looks. Her accessories, clothes and make-up aren’t for show and tell, but they’re portrayals of self-defense, implying to others that she isn’t a pushover or someone to mess around with.” 

For Kim, what drew him to his character was his wounds. 

“The immediate attraction was the title,” Kim said. “I also wanted to arouse empathy from the viewers through showing the process of how Gang-tae heals.” 

Both Gang-tae and Mun-yeong show antisocial tendencies due to their personal hardships and past, but the story will also cover various other stories through the patients that Gang-tae takes care of. 

“That’s one of the attractions of this show,” Kim said. “There will be many kinds of stories and people and I think viewers can follow the narrative of the person that they sympathize the most with, and through that, can hopefully deal with their own wounds.” 

According to director Park, the series came to him as a chance for self-reflection. 

“We tend to judge others [by our first impressions] and they [our evaluations] rarely ever change,” Park said. “But at the end of the day we [realize] we made mistakes and regret them. What the story is trying to say is just accept people for who they are without putting our judgments on them.”   

The series starts on June 20 and will also be available on Netflix.   

BY LEE JAE-LIM   [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]   

———————

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200610008200315
Star actor Kim Soo-hyun 'waited so long' for his return to TV

SEOUL, June 10 (Yonhap) -- Star actor Kim Soo-hyun will return to the South Korean small screen next week with the romantic comedy series "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" after fulfilling two years of military service last summer.

"I'm so nervous to be speaking in public," Kim said in an online press conference to promote the show Wednesday. "I'm so excited to be back. I've waited so long."

In the new weekend series on cable channel tvN, Kim plays the role of Gang-tae, a caretaker at a psychiatric ward who lost his parents and must take for his disabled brother, Sang-tae (Oh Jung-se). Due to his exhausting life, he does not believe in love.

But Gang-tae comes across Moon-young (Seo Ye-ji), a popular children's book author who suffers from antisocial personality disorder.

Spoiler

5114B5B5-CDEE-42EB-9AFF-30B9128A4EEE.jpg
Actor Kim Soo-hyun speaks at a press conference on "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" streamed online on June 10, 2020 in this photo provided by tvN. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Kim temporarily left show business to serve in the military after his last silver screen project, "Real," was a box office flop in 2017.

After the three-year hiatus, the undoubtedly romantic-comedy king chose "It's Okay" on tvN as his return project. It is his first TV series in five years since the comedy drama "The Producers" (2015).

"Thanks to the off-screen period, I became more relaxed and calm, even though I have more room to improve," the 32-year-old actor said. "Still, I'm so nervous and feel awkward holding a microphone here."

He said his new drama is different from his previous romantic comedies, such as "My Love from the Star" (2013), that helped him gain huge popularity across Asia.

It is not only a love story of the two main characters, but also a human story about those who have wounded hearts and souls, he noted.

"The title of the drama caught my eyes first and I was attracted by my character, who is deeply hurt," he said. "I wanted to evoke sympathy by portraying the character's wounded heart and how he gets healed."

Director Park Shin-woo, who has produced a number of hit TV romance series, like "Encounter" (2019) and "Don't Dare to Dream" (2016), said "It's Okay" is a self-reflection over our biased preferences for certain people.

"Some will like our stories, but others will feel uncomfortable with our characters," he said. "But our drama gives the message that we have to look at others and accept them as they are."

"It's Okay" will premier on June 20 on tvN and will be also available on Netflix from the same day.

2824F813-241E-47C0-9A56-709F695B68BB.jpg

A teaser image of the upcoming romantic comedy series "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" on tvN (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

——————————

https://www.soompi.com/article/1405880wpp/watch-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-promises-love-drama-and-growth-in-new-highlight-reel

Watch: “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” Promises Love, Drama, And Growth In New Highlight Reel

Jun 10, 2020
by L. Kim

Spoiler

91207ECB-FC48-4416-A239-218D6867C98C.png

tvN has released a highlight reel ahead of the premiere of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay”!

“It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” revolves around the love story between Moon Kang Tae, a community health worker at a psychiatric ward, and Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji), a children’s storybook writer with antisocial personality disorder. Oh Jung Se will play Moon Sang Tae, Moon Kang Tae’s older brother who has autism spectrum disorder (ASD).

The highlight reel begins with the opening of a mysterious children’s book. Moon Kang Tae’s voiceover narrates, “The boy woke up from a terrible nightmare once again. One day, he visited a witch and begged her.” The screen switches over to show Go Moon Young, an author with eerie charms.

After a fateful meeting, Go Moon Young continuously shows up in Moon Kang Tae’s life. Fed up with her advances, he tells her, “I’m guessing everyone just went along with your careless acts, but they won’t work with me.” Despite his cold facade, he turns gentle and patient when it comes to his older brother Moon Sang Tae.

Then one day, Moon Sang Tae, who is a fan of Go Moon Young, decides to visit her at an important meet and greet. Disorder erupts at the event, and Moon Kang Tae quickly rushes to his brother’s aid. Things go from bad to worse as Go Moon Young gets swept up in a scandal for being rude and obnoxious.

The teaser also shows the painful pasts of Moon Kang Tae and Go Moon Young. As the two start to get to know each other, Moon Kang Tae attempts to calm down Go Moon Young’s fiery temper, while Go Moon Young beckons him to give in to his heart and have fun once in a while. Towards the end, Go Moon Young says, “Fate isn’t anything special. When you show up in front of me when I need you… that’s fate.”

“It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” premieres on June 20 at 9 p.m. KST.

Watch the highlight video below!

Spoiler

————

Netflix photos 

https://sudsapda.com/issue/216887.html

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Writer is Jo Yong (according to Wikipedia).  She wrote Jugglers?  Haven’t watched it.  This is her second outing as a writer.  Anyone watched Jugglers?  Thoughts?   I love the premise but mental illness is not an easy topic to get right.  I don’t doubt the acting credentials of the cast.  I just hope the writer gives their characters enough depth to work with.

• Like 4

I like the message of the drama that is to look at others and accept who they are. I'm also curious how they'd tackle different kinds of 'mental illness'/wounds, as of what i took from it, they'll present many type of 'patients' and their stories. I'm anticipating but worried as well, as it's a sensitive topic but i think after the director words, they ultimately want to heal and comfort people and i hope it'd be able to touch viewers heart somehow.

• Like 6

Very true that depicting and dealing with this theme of mental illness is difficult and sensitive. Strangely I am optimistic from what I am reading from the director and personally, I feel that it is time that Asian societies begin to genuinely reflect and have discussions on how we deal with it because as it is - we are terrible at it. There is so much stigma and negative stereotyping meanwhile on the daily, people are struggling. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Cr - https://www.soompi.com/article/1405938wpp/kim-soo-hyun-talks-about-returning-with-1st-starring-drama-role-since-military-service-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-cast-describes-working-together-and-more

Spoiler

The drama includes fantasy elements and features famous fairy tales such as “The Red Shoes” and “Bluebeard,” as well as tales for adults that were made just for the show. Director Park Shin Woo said, “The female lead character is a writer of cruel fairy tales. The drama is similar to such fairy tales in that they both blur the distinction between normal and abnormal, and common sense and senselessness.

He went on to say that he thinks that everyone in the world is a bit crazy, and that the drama will give people the opportunity to reflect on themselves. “The core message of the drama is, ‘You have to look at people as they are,'” he said.

I like this.  It’s showing promise.  And he’s right to say that “everyone in the world is a bit crazy” to a greater or lesser degree.  It’s how we gauge “normal”.  Everyone is on that spectrum somewhere.  Coming from that perspective, what’s normal for someone with autism is abnormal for people without autism.  And what’s normal for people without autism is abnormal for people with autism.  There is no “normal” really.  What’s needed is understanding to bridge that gap and acceptance. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

He doesn't age at all. He said, he drunk many vitamin and he also said thanks to photoshop :lol:

oh nooo!! what photoshop is he talking about~~ :joy::joy: oppa is getting better and better as he aged

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1