Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

Hi there! 

I've been lurking for a while, this is such a great community and like all of you I'm head over heels with this new kdrama. It's been a while I've been this excited about one! 

What I love about this drama is how wholesome and sophisticated it is. It's described like a fairy-tale but told in a realistic and grounded manner. The stories and the connections the characters have are really relatable to just about everyone, you don't need to have lived in a big castle to understand. The acting, visual, metaphors, design, and more are just so, so perfect. It sets the bar high for any future shows, and I'll be rewatching this show many times more once it's over (which i find in kdrama land is very big achievement), because there's so much depth to it that it's almost difficult to take in all at once. 

I also have some speculations... I am not sure if it's already been discussed but would love to hear others thoughts on it. 

Regarding the head nurse, I don't think she's KMY's mom, but rather she's ST's mom. She's been really affectionate to both KT and ST this entire time. Maybe's it's because of her profession and she does seem like a very capable head nurse, but she seems to put extra effort on KT and ST. And this could totally just be a bogus idea because i understand this is a big stretch. But imagine if ST wasn't KT's real brother. That could be a major blow to ST's mental well-being and why he's been trying to hold on to KT all this time. Perhaps ST found out about this just when his 'mom' died? 

Regarding the ending, I've been thinking it could be nice to end with MY publishing another children's book. And this one is about two little boys and a little girl who met and healed each other. Also more scenes with MY bonding with ST. I think there are a lot of things ST has wanted to do with a 'best friend' but never had the opportunity to, just like KT. And MY is the perfect 'best friend' to do those with because she knows and reciprocates sincere affections. 

Another thing I'd like to see in the future to satisfy my romcom heart, haha,, is in the last episode having KT following MY around demanding attention. A role reversal could be pretty cute. 

• Like 14
  • Insightful 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone for the theories, clips, thoughts, ideas, etc. 

I took the test and I got Jae Su! Lol!

There is not much new I can add but I did catch the latest episode after being out for the day.

Just reactions to the latest episode:

- KT and MY on the beach, MY knows him but he is crawling back into his shell and regretting already the small happiness he had being away with MY. My heart broke . (Later when he drank and blamed his greed and wanting the impossible with JS. A dream seems impossible. ):cries:

-MY being upset. But later finding excuses to get his attention from - getting him a change of undergarments. Then later sending texts threatening to delete Dooly VHS tapes to pretending to have a high fever. 

- Useless gossiper colleague did deserve  to have his hand broken after KT heard from him , he thought they were getting married. How they never learn? Glad that the patient /Areums ex gave him trouble knowing that coworker was up to no good. That patient is cool and loyal! I hope he gets a speedy recovery.

-Patient Park is soooooo annoying, lying and rabble rouser . I feel 50 % she could be MY. Sure MY saw her dead in blood but she could have survived, as it’s her memories I mean was she left for days like that? Doesn’t blood dry out if too long in oxygen? It suspicious about all the surgeries that Park got. Could be a red herring but just a guess. Why Park cares to wish MY happy bday. She really wants to bug MY, dad and others? I didn’t care get note to ST in the book MY mom wrote.

-ST I always thought liked MY for being pretty. He thinks of her as a woman. From letting it known why his disappointment of KT giving his shirt to MY to wear, having seen her hair cut/ emphasized she was pretty with it long, dressing up before the book signing debacle etc. He was tickled pink having her as his BFF. Now like KT , he has one. ST wanting to show he is manly saying I am hyung and I take care of KT. MY didn’t agree but didn’t say anything. He kept saying after ok Mangtae was hers but NOT KT.

- Both ST and MY need to be reminded people are not items with no feelings. He needs to ease into learning complexity of adding a person in your life won’t disrupt your current situation . Glad that the head nurse can talk to ST and soothe him & MY later explaining loneliness of the boy who cried wolf due to loneliness. ST knew mom was good to him but not KT. (Def not all out of it)

- ST outburst I agree the theory he using selective memory but not being 100% truthful when he says everyone has to tell the truth. Glad MY called him out on it. Seriously ST you telling MY doesn’t know her own BD? You question your friendship. Lies are bad I agree but ever wonder why they said it? Probably too my to explain and tiring.

- Great MY said it’s not wrong to want freedom and a life as you have been a human shell. She knew KT being upset to still live thanks to her was not true. Loved JR telling him it’s ok to be selfish (he needed to hear it). Hehe her being drunk yelling to be on same banmal level with him like MY. Lol funny.

- CEO failed attempt to drive JR was hilarious, but loved he came to get her away from MY. Also being a good oppa with bday present & wanting to treat her out. Glad he told MY love and care to others it always the same even #1 and #2 choices just as. It fair, she is doing what ST does to KT. Love it!

Glad JR was sent by KT to give them chance to talk and interact due to KT. They needed that time.

JR mom I love her. Big hugs. Her feeding KT and saying love those you hate. She hates KT but worries about the Moon bros if they left. JR likes him but he doesn’t feel the same so that’s why she hates him. Glad she is there . Love her! 

Same for JR mom fast on the uptake to cook for MY wanting seaweed for her bday. Aww 

ST and KT resolving their issues but still need more clarity as still unbalanced relationship. I liked In preview MY says i wanted a hyung too!! They will find a medium of compromise. Just slowly and loved ST catching real happy look on KT face now.

Beautiful drama and now counting down til next weekend, oh my heart!

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 13

Is oppa that shallow only like ( Ko Moon Young for her look :mrgreen:) probably mistake him with her preferences :D

Spoiler

15952131441595213127.gif

5f150b4a0d8ec619932302.gif?download

15952135581595213541.gif

15952139691595213927.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 14

I'm curious about something. MY said that her mom killed someone and that he killed her. regardless of whether she is actually alive, do you think MY's mom killed KT's mom? 

I was just thinking that these three went through so much and to add that on top would be heartbreaking. If they do go that route, I hope they deal with it properly.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, leejoongi1trash said:

I'm curious about something. MY said that her mom killed someone and that he killed her. regardless of whether she is actually alive, do you think MY's mom killed KT's mom? 

I was just thinking that these three went through so much and to add that on top would be heartbreaking. If they do go that route, I hope they deal with it properly.

I do have the feeling that MY's mom killed KT's mom because MY's mom knows KT likes MY and she is too possessive with her daughter might be she went to talk to KT's mom and something goes wrong. But yeah i hope they deal with it properly or please they can extend :D

I have a theory in mind in the supposed "death" of MY's mom. Remember MY went to the basement where her mom is laying there. Do you think her dad "killed" her there and MY found out and she drags the body to the dock and push her on the water. (which is weird because its too heavy for a young MY to drag her mom's body) and maybe MY's mom got saved by someone and now living as Park Ok Ran?

Either way Park Ok Ran and MY's mother seems to be connected. 

Another few days to wait :D

• Like 3

IOTNBO is being appreciated even by International Newspapers
This time by The National Newspaper of India@the_hindu

‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ review: K-drama revels in its nuanced writing and strong performances

Among the top trending shows on Netflix, the ongoing romance-drama would benefit from more discussions surrounding mental health in the upcoming episodes

The intriguingly titled It’s Okay to Not Be Okay has featured among the top trending shows on Netflix for the last few weeks now. The K-drama, which has new episodes releasing every weekend, has completed eight episodes and so far, has lived up brilliantly to its interesting premise.

In the first few episodes, we are introduced to Ko Moon-Young (a fierce, impeccably-styled Seo Ye-ji) who is a children’s book author, but her personality and stories are anything but warm and fuzzy. Her publisher and people around her speak in hushed tones about her Antisocial Personality Disorder (APSD). On the other side, we have brothers Moon Gang-Tae (Kim Soo-Hyun) who works as a caregiver at a psychiatric ward, and Moon Sang-Tae (Oh Jung-Se), the older brother with Autism Spectrum disorder, who is also a budding artist.

Orphaned when they were young, the brothers are shown to have moved around quite a bit, and Gang-Tae takes up jobs as a caregiver in a psychiatric ward at every place they temporarily set up camp in. Gang-Tae and Sang-Tae are thick as thieves; there’s genuine warmth in their relationship despite a troubled past. As the episodes progress, it is rather refreshing to see Sang-Tae’s innocence, enthusiasm and frank declarations and how they give Gang-Tae strength.

A large part of the show is set in the OK psychiatric facility where Gang-Tae begins to work. Subverting cliches, the mental health facility is one filled with bright sunshine, stunning views and soothing colours. The caregivers and nurses have uniforms in pastel pinks and greens and the show has so far, largely succeeded in ensuring that the inmates are not made caricatures of.

The initial buzz around the show came largely from its premise and the fact that it would shed light on mental health. While the show has tackled a few diverse themes so far, it can greatly benefit from more nuanced discussions surrounding mental health in the upcoming episodes.

If the psychiatric facility is one of warmth and light, Moon-Young’s ‘haunted castle’ residence is diametrically the opposite. The production design for this show deserves a special shoutout for the lovely aesthetics. Every episode so far is titled after a book authored by Moon-Young or a folk tale and deals with its themes. These stories have been included into the episodes through a mix of interesting formats: a Tim Burton-esque animated short, illustrations from a children’s book and even a silent-movie.

Moon-Young is a character that’s not just well written, but excellently played by Seo Ye-ji. This is a character that could have easily stopped at being an over-the-top caricature if not for the right actor. She’s confident, has no qualms in being rude, unapologetic about being a ‘monster’ and plays by her own rules. But at the same time, she’s vulnerable, haunted by her past and it is heartwarming to see her trying to forge a bond with the brothers.

The show’s focus is largely on the journey towards personal healing for Moon Gang-Tae and Ko Moon-Young. What makes the writing refreshing here is the fact that they aren’t relying on the other person to lead them. The character development, and the slow but steady evolution of the protagonists comes from their self-realisation and reflection. Kim Soo-Hyun too largely succeeds as the quiet, calm and amicable Gang-Tae. The last episode was monumental for his character and it will be interesting to see how the writers take this forward.

WIth eight episodes done and eight more to go, the show now promises a lot more attention on the slowly developing romance between Moon-Young and Gang-Tae as well as where their journey of healing takes them. There’s still a lot more to know about Moon-Young and Gang-Tae’s families and the secrets of their past.

https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/movies/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-review-k-drama-revels-in-its-nuanced-writing-and-strong-performances/article32124165.ece

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I really liked what Sang-in told MY about not having to put one person over another. Of course that ties back to KT and MY (everything does lbr) I think that is important re: their relationship and ST. I saw comments where ppl worried about KT choosing ST over MY but that's clearly not the case. And let's say their relationship gets more serious if they get married or something well who's more important your brother or your wife but it's not so black and white. They are both important in different ways. I thought that was nice. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

the rating is decreased last night, 1st part 4.2% 2nd part 5.4% i think people don't like to watch the sad parts..

especially the 1st part of the drama, i feel bored too when i live streamed it, since the story is not going anywhere just showing how stubborn ST and KT push away MY, viewers might want to skip this. but 2nd part lift up the game.

btw so many assumption for MY moms, i keep all the possibilities, and just hoping everything related to MY mom, wont affect KT & MY relationship. i cannot bear to see another separation T.T

and i think we still need to see how the writer gonna do with MY ASPD? from the recent episodes her, her ASPD trait is gone, she's not as cruel as the start of the series, now she put a very little thought when doing something, has a sense of responsibility (the mother who lose her daughter case).. and i read that ASPD cannot be cured and difficult to be treated, but in her case, i dont think it's really an ASPD

then the mystery of the father who died on ep1...well i dont think MY killed him, since hospital got cctv and if she does, i dont think SI got the money enough to cover it, (just look at the critique case, he sold his company just to cover the expense), but im still curious why the knife is there as evidence...

and her cleptomania, i wonder what will they do with it?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Teeners said:

Is there any possibility GT and ST are not biologically related??? I can't remember who now, but someone in this episode also said,

After today’s episode, I have that same thought. It is possible that ST was adopted and then GT was born. But, what if the one who was adopted is MY?? And that’s why that story  was mentioned in the episode ?

4 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

the fairy tale about the shepherd boy speaks to different people and can be fitted in different contexts shown in this episode. Could you tell how you see the connection?

I saw many different connections : for one hand, GT have been lying to ST. For other hand, MY has been lying to GT that she need help today’s episode (fever, etc etc), MY has been lying to others showing that she is ok and strong (and today she wanted company either GT or ST).

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, sussieh said:

After today’s episode, I have that same thought. It is possible that ST was adopted and then GT was born.

I think in an earlier episode, their mom told GT that she had him so he can take care of ST. So I guess it could even be GT who was adopted. Such a burden to place on a young child. :tears:

• Like 5

@Not Me I don’t see that MY’s ASPD is gone - it’s just that through her recent life experiences with the Moon brothers, she is learning to control some of her bad behaviors and she is learning to do better so that she is proving to herself that she isn’t the monster that her parents seem to believe that she is. 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Could you please tell more... what information? Which episode was this?

She might be experienced but what was that bit about step mom being goof even when she was fake? And am ok with everything but she seems  to derive pleasure by putting KT on the spot ! She confuses me.

Sorry for the late reaponse. I was doing some personal task outside  the house. The first part of the question : ooh that's the info about Dooly's mom. She's not the birth mom. :) 

As for the second part of your question, I'm sorry I'm not able to understand the context... "step mom being goof even when she was fake?"

• Like 1

There’s seems to be a birth secret among our 3 main leads. I don’t remember the exact words of Moon’s Mommy to GT but didn’t she said she had him/gave birth to him so he can takes care of his Hyung? When I first heard that sentence came out from a mouth of a mother I felt there’s something not right as a mother of 2 boys myself. ST also admitted to the Nurse that Mother is great to him but terrible to GT.

ST knew perfectly well that GT came back to rescued him because he scratched off the note from Crazy Park that said “Dongsaeng wants to kills Hyung”. He shouted the lies out loud with the intentions to humiliates and isolates his Dongsaeng so he can has Dongsaeng all to himself. Similar with what MY did to JR. 

The scene where GT was crying asking for forgiveness from Hyung seemed to be going backwards but I would say it’s a baby step for ST to finally acknowledge the truth of what really happened on that fateful day in the future. ST has his own guilt about what happened that day but he chose to avoid it. The only person who seems able to straighten ST’s crooked ways is MY. She definitely knows how to deals with him and she can sees thru him just like she can sees thru GT. MY always calls ST out from all the fairytales that she told him and ST understand it.  While GT “refuses” to deals with Hyung’s real issues but chose to runaway from it, literally and figuratively.

The outburst was unexpectedly terrible but not totally unexpected. GT’s ways in dealing with Hyung is to keeps him happy and satisfied no matter what including lies to him. People around ST spoiled him a lot just because he is special. They forgot he is a full grown adult despite his special conditions.

• Like 10
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted (edited)

Finally have some time to catch up with the thread, last week episodes were a little too much for me, emotionally I mean. I took some rest and started backreading the thread to get better insights, thank you for all the opinions, they did help me a lot. So again excuse my rambling, hoping to give some sidenotes.

A weekend full of tears but it’s beautiful how all the characters are being more open and moving forward by little steps, and I love how they let us “heal” with them at the same time. This comment on YT “sometimes being on the right mind does not exactly mean being sane”, it hit so accurately when the “not wearing a patient gown” characters received guidance words that are usually used for patients. Those enlightening lines are something that we all might know, but always fail to realize. 

I feel the deepest sadness for KT, this boy carries so many wounds, and more heart-wrenching is that they merely come from the battle inside him. His eyes really speak everything. Like what MY said, he’s so worn out, being ripped off half of his soul after ST’s outburst and then lost the other half after forcing himself to walk away from MY (AGAIN, old habits die hard, I guess). One good thing is that he finally acknowledged his “dreams”, even they seem to be “impossible”. But the part when he said “I don’t want to be born again” was so painfully heart-aching, he literally looked like a dead body in the last half of episode 10. 

For MY and KT: In ep 9, the hospital director said this to KT: “You should do a good job of protecting her.” This reminded me of the scene in the past when KT’s mom also asked him to take care of his brother since that was the reason of his existence (sorry, it still hurts there). But instead of feeling resigned or asking why (like the last time he was asked about MY), KT took that seriously as a guidance, I don’t know if I’m translating this right, for me it’s a sign that protecting MY and be there for her is something KT really wants to do, not a task.

And now about their kiss, I could have never imagined a more perfect kissing scene, the affection of first love, of something you might miss but always longing for. How they portrayed that both of them are kids wanting to be loved and treasured, so beautiful. I replayed this spectacular moment 1 billion times and still going on, got the feeling imprinted on my mind forever. But their talk at the beach, how MY’s voice cracked and KT’s denial again, was almost unbearable for me, MY burst out trying to hold her heart from breaking while KT silently weeped his heart out. I don’t think I can take another moment like that again, please just don’t, writer-nim :tears:.

After that it’s heart-touching how MY missed KT in all nuances of his emotions while KT missed their happy and smiley moments, no words can describe their longings for each other. And I must not forget KT calling out "Moon Young ah", okay I'm a soft .... so just that and I may want to forgive him for his harsh words towards MY :unsure:.

It striked me harder after watching the subtitles, all symbolic images and fairy tale metaphors remain powerful, also bringing up so many intriguing theories. About the story of Dolly’s mom, I’m more with the idea that it refers to Mrs. Sun Deok, Joori’s mom, she’s undeniable the gentle and heartwarming mother figure to all of them, giving so much warmth and thoughtful advice, like a kind adoptive mother (I’m still shaking with the adoption theories, if it does mean something, I would prefer it’s related to MY’s case than the Moon brothers). Also kudos to CEO Lee Sang In and nurse Nam Joori for insightful guidelines, this couple also deserve a happy ending. 

I know eventually they will heal and start “living”, it just amazes me how they draw the story, full of unexpected and never “must have been like that”, I'm always excited for the next week. Knowing that so many mysteries remain unsolved, I hope they can nail it until the end with 6 episodes left, finger crossed. I’m putting my trust in their happy and delightful trailer, my heart is already broken and taped up multiple times, so I’m ready anyway. Also my delu mind: praying that they will feed us with more loving scenes (for real, no more angsty pls, they made me a fool last time with preview of ep 9) of MY and KT together, kinda miss the ending with the two of them sharing the screen :tears:.

p/s: has there been yet a plausible explanation for the cutting of MY hanging Mangtae and the bridge scene when MY running towards KT so as the other way around? They showed these in the trailer for ep 9 but I didn't see them anywhere?

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not bypass the swear filter. Thank you.
  • Like 12
  • Love 2

What if ST was adopted? What if KT's mom had ST with MY's father? Omo this would be a great plot twist! Someone in this thread has talked about that possibility... i start to believe it!:whytho:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2020 at 2:25 PM, lolly84 said:

What if ST was adopted? What if KT's mom had ST with MY's father? Omo this would be a great plot twist! Someone in this thread has talked about that possibility... i start to believe it!

Actually I have the similar  idea in my mind but the one adopted is GT especially when I saw MY shouted that she wanted an Oppa like ST in the preview but Said to myself, isn’t that theory over the top? :sweat_smile: 

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 3
  • LOL 4

Best patient at OK hospital award goes to... Joo Jung Tae! :Megalol:The use of that fire extinguisher to put out the big nasty gossipy fire was so satisfying to watch. And for him to bite that caregiver, Cha Yong, was equally satisfying since he started the gossip. It's nice he defended KT and put a stop to what could otherwise be some seriously horrifying rumors. 

I feel like this episode is all about clearing the air and reconciliation. The reconciliation between KT and ST and between MY and JR. And even clearing the air between KT and JR.  Although the reconciliation between KT and ST is not fully satisfying, it will have to do at the current episode. There is definitely more progress to be made as this relationship between KT and ST as it is right now is really toxic and abusive. ST is special, he does have a disorder, his way of perceiving the world is different, and he probably has a fear of abandonment, but it doesn't change the fact that what he is doing to KT is really unhealthy and unfair. ST belongs to ST and KT also belongs to ST? I look forward to next episode when KT looks like he is finally feeling a sense of freedom and when MY corrects ST that KT belongs to KT. And I hope this confrontation and apology helps relieve some of KT's guilt over what happened. It seems he has been treating himself unfairly and letting ST hit him, insult him, and also claim him as he has been feeling guilty and perhaps needed this as redemption for what happened. 

I know people need to have more understanding of those that are special but this drama also brings to light that we need to have more understanding of the guardians of those that are special. People are quick to judge guardians like in the beginning with MY and her father. People were saying negative things about MY without understanding that her father had tried to kill her. Even after him choking her, the nurses and caregivers went to her father to take care of him. Who asked MY if she was okay as she laid on the floor crying? Did anyone check on her after she walked away from the hospital? It was only KT that came for her in the rain and only the president of the hospital who asked if she was okay. And here, they have seen how KT is with ST for some time now and suddenly with one thing that ST says, and it's not even the truth, makes people initially gossip about KT like he's evil and abusive. Good thing Jung Tae put a stop to it, otherwise it would be so hard for KT to be around anyone at the hospital. 

Once again, I really like JR's mom for being a mom to all of them. Taking in these hurt and hungry children and feeding them good food. Sang In has gotten more wise and mature with each episode, showing more of how much he is like a big brother to MY and how much he does understand her. Jae Su and Sang In fighting is always hilarious. JR had redeemed herself a bit this episode for comforting KT and drinking with MY. I like drunk JR. Sober JR just never grew on me as a character but drunk JR is honest and a match for MY. 

It's interesting how MY and KT both dealt with their situations. When MY got choked by her father, she went walking on the side of the road. When ST had his horrifying outburst, KT also went walking on the side of the road. That's quite interesting how they both choose to deal with things this way. 

I was kind of thinking it is bad for MY to be alone at the cursed castle. Especially when last episode the hospital president asked KT to look after MY and protect her while they were eating at Subway. I'm still curious about the last book the mother wrote as it is about murder. Need someone in the drama to read it! It is still unclear if Park Oh Ran is really the mother or a fan of the mother's work. A part of me thinks it's most likely not. I guess we shall find out in 6 days. The wait is such a torture but I look forward to the next episode as it looks like there will be good progress made. 

• Like 17

Just now, TiNaDo said:

To be honest, I am disappointed with the episode. The kiss was out of place, a bit exaggerated, and was gone as quick as it happened. Absolutely in no connection to anything else in the drama so far.

The entire episode was somehow "rushed" - the patients' love story, the realisation that he should leave A-Reum because he loves her, the drunk MKT, the "kiss" (if you call this a "kiss"), the secondary characters and their evaluation of love, and the ending. As a result, I didn't get any emotion from any of those. Again saying, if not the brilliant acting of KSH at the end, this would have been a pretty shallow episode.

And I feel so angry for this because I feel betrayed as a fan. The "kiss" was supposed to be in line with the whole drama. I am not angry that it was a peck - ok. But KMY's reaction after it was so out of her character, that angered me. Also, MKT saying he cannot run anymore, and then just slightly touches her lips with his and laughs awkwardly? Not ok at all.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the kiss... I think that the moment on the balcony that was interrupted by the deer should have been their first kiss. It fit more with the the lust that they have been holding back.  The softer flowery kiss should have been their second kiss. The contrast between the two would have been very effective. They went for the humor of the deer, which was funny but yeah... after the laugh I was left cheated.

That soft kiss was underwhelming, if we are honest with ourselves, considering that they've harped on how KMY pines for MKT and MKT can barely hold himself back... Regardless of them being each other's first loves and probably never having had a kiss before, I think that there's an eagerness in a first kiss that would have been shown especially considering how hot they are for each other. Anyway, the kiss happened and thankfully it was not one of those ridiculous open-eyed closed-mouth ones. I would have rioted if we got one of those!!!

I had pegged the head nurse as the mum, but during the course of last week I thought to myself that the mum must be hiding in plain sight. I thought for a moment that that humming patient is KMY's mum and felt vindicated that she was the one who appeared at the door, but now I am back to square one. Isn't it too early for KMY to deal with the MOTHER storyline? We still have six episodes. I would expect that it would be the last storyline explored, from episode 14 or thereabouts... What do y'all think?

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Absolutely agree with you about MOM plot. Maybe we'll see more from ep 13 and about the head nurse i think maybe she was a friend of Moon's brothers 'cause her trying to be friends with ST is suspiciuos!:sweats:

About the KISS, i felt that first kiss was only the beginning... actually it is and i suspect writer will throw some steamy scene towards the end of drama. The sexual tension is always here... it deserves a developement:lollipop:

10 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the kiss... I think that the moment on the balcony that was interrupted by the deer should have been their first kiss. It fit more with the the lust that they have been holding back.  The softer flowery kiss should have been their second kiss. The contrast between the two would have been very effective. They went for the humor of the deer, which was funny but yeah... after the laugh I was left cheated.

That soft kiss was underwhelming, if we are honest with ourselves, considering that they've harped on how KMY pines for MKT and MKT can barely hold himself back... Regardless of them being each other's first loves and probably never having had a kiss before, I think that there's an eagerness in a first kiss that would have been shown especially considering how hot they are for each other. Anyway, the kiss happened and thankfully it was not one of those ridiculous open-eyed closed-mouth ones. I would have rioted if we got one of those!!!

I had pegged the head nurse as the mum, but during the course of last week I thought to myself that the mum must be hiding in plain sight. I thought for a moment that that humming patient is KMY's mum and felt vindicated that she was the one who appeared at the door, but now I am back to square one. Isn't it too early for KMY to deal with the MOTHER storyline? We still have six episodes. I would expect that it would be the last storyline explored, from episode 14 or thereabouts... What do y'all think?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

New in this topic but been lurking lol. Anyway all this talk about the head nurse I dunno I do think she may be suspicious but I also have the theory that she's meant to be ST's love interest in the future. I could be wrong but...... She seems to like him and be attached to both of the Moon brothers. Just because SangTae has Autism it doesn't mean that he can't have romantic feelings for anyone. While he did have some feelings for MY in the beginning and clearly still finds her attractive I don't think they go deeper than a crush. He was very content with just being MY's bestie. I dunno but I don't think if he really had more feelings for her than a crush he'd be content with that. JMO. But If SangTae develops romantic feelings for anyone else it will help him understand KT & MY's relationship better. I also don't want ST/KT to be fighting over a girl, they have enough problems as it is. I was overjoyed that the brothers made up but their underlying problems are still there. They still need to heal together and separately for their brother relationship to be healthier from now on. SagTae's problem with Munyeoung is that he's completely afraid of losing his brother, that KangTae will abandon him to live a carefree life with Munyeoung. Of course that will never happen but I digress.  Eventually I think ST will let go a little of the hold he has on his brother because 1. he deeply loves his brother 2. It's a way for both or them to heal from all the burdens and pain both have lived up to now and 3. He wants KT to be happy. Anyway, If the nurse turns out to be MY's mother and out to hurt the Moon brothers and Munyeoung I'll be pretty upset.

Edited by RomanticRosebud
  • Like 6
  • Shocked 2
  • Insightful 1