Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

1 hour ago, alexaze said:

Am I the only one that thinks the brothers' relationship is extremely unhealthy? KT merely lives, as MY would describe it, as a "hostage". ST is extremely possessive and KT's guilt forces him to be complicit. I thought we were gonna make progress but it seems that the relationship regressed.

On the bright side I'm glad we saw MY say "Kang-tae belongs to Kang-tae" in the preview for next episode. It's an issue that needs to be faced head-on and at this point MY might be the only one brave enough to do it

On the contrary, I dont think its regression but progress. Specifically, KT receiving forgiveness from ST and finally letting go of his guilt. MY hit the nail on the head when she asked if he was sacrificing everything to atone for his sins. By unchaining himself from ST, he is that much closer to finding his own happiness. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, shazai said:

I got Yoo Seung Jae lol!

Lol, me too. I think answering I'm an introvert and most likely to be a background character in a fairy tale pointed me this way. :lol:

"You're most like Yoo Seung Jae. Personable and reserved, you're used to braving trouble even if it's not your fault. You don't get nearly as much credit as you deserve, but don't worry as someone out there is sure to appreciate you soon enough!"

2 hours ago, kkwengsoyy said:

Park Ok Ran was said to have multiple face surgeries

Yes!! Thank you for mentioning this. I totally thought I was misremembering things. I was trying to remember where I've read this, and Google led me back to this forum. :kiss_wink:

On 7/13/2020 at 5:23 AM, nrllee said:

Ok Ran’s character brief

Spoiler

She used to be an unknown theater actor. She was not given the chance to recite a line, so she repeated plastic surgery several times. The more that happened, the lower the self-esteem and the higher the sense of inferiority. She continued to hurt herself, trying to show 'I' (the real me?).  She is a huge fan of Do Hee-jae's "The Murder of the Western Witch" series.

Also, in episode 9, there was that exchange between Ok-Ran and the head nurse, where Ok-Ran angrily grabs the book out of the nurse's hands, and it gave the nurse a nasty gash. Ok-Ran then says something like, that's what happens when you touch something that doesn't belong to you.

Foreshadowing? If she really is MY's mom, I don't want there to have been some love triangle between MY's parents and GT & ST's mom.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Right from the start, ST was interested in MY as a woman, he already got upset, when KT presented him a fake signature. The long hair is the sign of seduction and womanhood so ST was so happy to hear that they had become best friends. For him, it was a step closer to his dream. Having MY as his girlfriend/wife and his brother by his side that's the reason why he is so opposed to the idea that MY can have KT. For him, it would ruin his dream: a van where he is with MY and KT together and MY is by his side. Since he has learnt that his brother has always put him first, he wants to keep it this way.

I agree with you. I was under that impression since the beginning too. ST has his own subtle way to show his own jealousy. However, in episode 10 when ST hugged KT and said "Don't abandon me", and that night when ST kept saying that KT belong to him, plus the preview of episode 11 start making me think that ST is just afraid to be left behind by his brother. It will be interesting to see how the story unfolds. I think the brotherhood and MY issue with be solved soon, probably next week so that they have some time to solve the butterfly effect and MY's family issue.

Oh Jung-se's portrayal of an autistic person is so wonderful. I have an autistic cousin so I'm really surprised by his accurate acting. 

Last but not least: the drama rating. Personally I would have hoped for a higher ratings, about 10-15% would be great. But I get it this drama is not for everyone. It's complicated and portrays many layers of human's feeling. So I'm still loving it no matter what the rating is!

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Just finished episode 10...GT's love for his brother is very sweet but in some ways I feel like he's hanging on because he sees his mother in ST. Through ST, he's able to hold on to them both. This don't mean they have a good relationship though. They both still need the space. I think the person who has grown from this weekend's episodes the most was MY. She's able to see and accept little by little things don't go her way. Its like Zombie kid having feelings finally without having to eat up anyone. MY put her guard down a little when talking to drunk Ju Ri. I seriously didn't think anyone could just randomly hit MY but JR did. This is the turning point in their relationship.

I don't believe that crazy Park lady is MY's mom...they've had scenes in previous episodes...there were no vibes between them to make me think she's the mom...MY is good at reading people, she couldn't read this lady? Can't determine anything right now.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, whiteclover said:

also, i think most ppl here made the guess right that Park Ok Ran was the mother. She’s seriously creepy?

I think the nurse is doing more creepy things than POR.

Also... according to the first few episodes the doctor and head nurse have a close relationship then why is she doing what she is since that singing flowers with ST bit?

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

My favourite third wheel in Kdrama :mrgreen:

15951908881595190878.gif

15951905001595190484.gif

15951907431595190724.gif

• Like 20
  • LOL 1

ST as a character is very complex in terms of Emotions. Wherein I beleive He does have a attraction Crush on MY but when it comes to Objection on MY/KT being togethet, it is more leaning towards possessiveness for KT not the crush on MY per say.

I am not sure if Netflix Subbed the scene wrong today wherein ST is shouting that MY lied about going alone somewhere, but I guess it was Directed more towards KT ditching him and lying.

Also Yes I agree at this point I do see ST wanting MY to be his JS per the dedinition of what he has seen as a Best Friend.So for him both his brother and Best Friend LIED. Lying is not acceptable in his book.They both basically Abandoned Him. He is Smart enough to know that He can manipulate or Tell KT not to Abandon him more openly than to his new BF.

Also Him FORGETTING that He also Left KT in the Water Pool. He has a habit of doing so due to his outbursts. He Beat KT when he tore the contract and then starightforward went inside without Looking back, In that case as well He was wronged by KT as per his understanding, why would the River incident be any different?? That Is Unless there is anothet Hint not shown in the Flashback.

• Like 14

On 7/18/2020 at 12:34 PM, stella77 said:

Hello @jerboa83 join in our love and discussion of this drama and give us some Italian fashion tips! 

With pleasure... Just ask!
There are a few blogs analyzing Ko Mun-Yeong's outfits:
https://www.buro247.my/fashion/buro-loves/style-id-seo-ye-ji-fashion-brands-iotnbo.html
Many of the shoes she wears are Italian.

I absolutely adore the Dior vintage silk dress she wore with the red patent leather pumps. I would probably have chosen another pattern for the obi-style belt, but that's just a matter of taste.

seo-ye-ji-5.jpg 

This black outfit below is one of my absolute favorites: its just PERFECT, from head to toe! The hairstyle, the earrings, the gorgeous dress, the "parigine" (thigh-high stockings) and the leather boots by Bottega Veneta are an amazing ensemble. I wish I knew the brand of that gorgeous suit dress! I couldn't find it, unfortunately... Any clue?
seo-ye-ji-3.jpg

The following outfit too features a perfect combination of dress (by Zimmermann) + hairstyle + shoes (I would have preferred a pair of wedge sandals, but those Burberry shoes are quite a good match).

106118680_310766946993608_55040886617329

There are at least three more outfits I absolutely adored so far, but I'll write another post about them.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Teeners said:

Also, in episode 9, there was that exchange between Ok-Ran and the head nurse, where Ok-Ran angrily grabs the book out of the nurse's hands, and it gave the nurse a nasty gash. Ok-Ran then says something like, that's what happens when you touch something that doesn't belong to you.

Foreshadowing? If she really is MY's mom, I don't want there to have been some love triangle between MY's parents and GT & ST's mom.

No I don’t think so.  MY’s mom is dead. Her dad killed her. MY’s mom killed GT’s mom. I think it had to do with how GT appeared at the Castle and the mom wanted to keep MY all to herself.  MY’s dad thinks the mom is alive again because OkRan is pretending to be her ghost and wandering the halls primarily to torment the dad. 

Ok Ran is a fan of MY’s mom.  When she snatched the book away, I think it hints at her getting angry that MY’s dad “stole” the mom away from OkRan.  OkRan is tormenting the dad as a form of revenge for him “stealing” her favourite author away from her.  The other alternative is that she’s finally living up to being an actress (as suggested in her character brief).  She’s playing the part of MY’s mom by embodying all that she is/was to her.

Also the mentions of Serengeti and farting whilst eating was a nod to the Korean movie Marathon  (true story) in 2005.  It did what Rain Man did for the West.  Marathon catapulted autism into the mainstream. So much so that mothers with autistic children referred to the condition as “marathon” (it became synonymous with the condition). 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 4

Just now, jerboa83 said:

With pleasure... Just ask!
There are a few blogs analyzing Ko Mun-hyeong's outfits:
https://www.buro247.my/fashion/buro-loves/style-id-seo-ye-ji-fashion-brands-iotnbo.html
Many of the shoes she wears are Italian.

I absolutely adore the Dior vintage silk dress she wore with the red patent leather pumps. I would probably have chosen another pattern for the obi-style belt, but that's just a matter of taste.

This black outfit below is one of my absolute favorites: its just PERFECT, from head to toe! The hairstyle, the earrings, the gorgeous dress, the "parigine" (thigh-high stockings) and the leather boots by Bottega Veneta are an amazing ensemble. I wish I knew the brand of that gorgeous suit dress! I couldn't find it, unfortunately... Any clue?

The following outfit too features a perfect combination of dress (by Zimmermann) + hairstyle + shoes (I would have preferred a pair of wedge sandals, but those Burberry shoes are quite a good match).

There are at least three more outfits I absolutely adored so far, but I'll write another post about them.

Here they come.

The polka dot dress by Magda Burtym, paired with another pair of Gianvito Rossi shoes and an off white fascinator + white and gold belt, definitely makes a statement. Love it!
106540514_3013749935405243_9005828760244

I loved this asymmetrical dress + blazer combination (both by Peter Do). Gorgeous!
1594199198970898.jpg

A very interesting outfit is this Minjukim (the same brand of the pink dress seen in one of last week's eps) + Loewe belt combo: 

Eb7g9oiUcAAfWY6.jpg:large

Her style is quite "gothic" and vintage ('40s and 50s, mostly), with some sleek contemporary reinterpretations. It covers the entire palette (black, off white, pastel colors, pink, purple, red, natural shades...) and features a few bolder patterns (like the red/blue/purple flower pattern of the dress she wore at the publishing house).
Very short skirts, shoulders pads and conservative tops/shirts are typically South Korean. 

• Like 14

WOW, the ending of ep 10!! How am I supposed to wait a week for the next episode?! :bawling: So many parallels. KT giving MY the flowers, and she finally gets to tell him that they're beautiful. We get MY following KT just like how he used to follow her, and omg the scene at the beach when KT tells MY to get lost and she clenches her heart sobbing. Looking at the next ep trailer, I hope the trio solves their Kang Tae ordeal soon, I want the three of them to be together when facing the mystery behind their mother's death and MY's mother. I personally am confused whether Park Ok Ran is MY's mother or if she just knows her mother really well. Either way I believe her mother is still alive after the hospital director said she'd come back for her daughter and husband. 

Anyone else aboard the Joori-Sang In ship? I really disliked Joori's character at first and thought I would only hate her more as the show progressed but she's really warmed up to me now. 

• Like 4

I don't think ST is guilt-tripping and humiliating KT in front of everyone with his revelation. To me the reason is simple: KT lied, which triggers him. He doesn't like people lying to him. It doesn't make sense to him that KT likes him more when KT wanted him dead and even tried to leave him for dead. 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, shazbinjin said:

I see a lot of discussions where people are still suspicious about the head nurse, and I’m not sure whether I’m just biased because of her previous role (she was a nice, cool boss in her last role in Find Me In Your Memory lol), but I seem to be missing the whole suspicious aspect of her? Like in eps 10 where she seemed to be spying on ST after he mysteriously got the book, I just interpreted it as her sensing something’s off with Park Ok-ran and keeping an eye on her — and it did seem like Ok Ran’s the one to have slipped in the book for whatever reason. The part where the head nurse brought up the whole “stepmom” thing might be suspicious, but even if she’s somehow MY’s mom what would be her motive in doing it?

Thank you for saying this. I know I'm not alone. So far I like the extra "unconventional" way of how they (the director and selected (skilled and experienced) staff at OK Hospital) treat and monitor their patients. (Although they do not show it we do know from their conversation that they do have the usual counseling session etc)  

As for me, I don't have any problem with the head nurse at the moment. I see that she's a very experienced nurse and the right-hand person to the director. Although sometimes it looks like she disagrees with the Director on certain management issues but that's part of her job in being a Head Nurse. Her talk with ST in the previous episode tells me that she knows ST's background very well and use that to have an open, friendly and stress-free discussion. Even KT confirmed that his brother shared with her the info that has never been shared with others who are not closed to him.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Teeners said:

I love how you've described this! Each brother remembered the event differently from the other. Since we didn't see the whole interaction, who are we to say who was right? I think the show is trying to set up viewers to take GT's side, but your'e right, KT's memory isn't necessarily more reliable than ST's just because ST is on the autism spectrum.

@Teeners Exactly! Although it would seem that KT's memory was the more reliable one since MY was also there and saw it happen too. In today's episode, she essentially confirmed that KT didnt push ST into the lake, but that he was unlucky and fell in. 

7 hours ago, alexaze said:

Am I the only one that thinks the brothers' relationship is extremely unhealthy? KT merely lives, as MY would describe it, as a "hostage". ST is extremely possessive and KT's guilt forces him to be complicit. I thought we were gonna make progress but it seems that the relationship regressed.

@alexaze I think its unhealthy to a certain extent, but I think both brothers contribute to how unhealthy their relationship is if that makes sense. KT babies ST and doesnt let him do anything on his own and in return ST becomes extremely reliable on KT as well as possessive. Yea I think their relationship also regressed a bit largely due to KT falling back into old comfortable habits. 

2 hours ago, jeijei said:

To me the reason is simple: KT lied, which triggers him. He doesn't like people lying to him. It doesn't make sense to him that KT likes him more when KT wanted him dead and even tried to leave him for dead. 

@jeijei I also took it as ST feels like he can't differentiate when KT is lying to him or not. KT has been basically lying to ST his entire life in order to protect him. For example, when KT is smiling and telling ST that everything is ok even when it's not. The only difference between all those other times KT has lied and this time is that ST caught KT red handed.

Due to this, it leads ST to question what anyone says to him because he can't tell if they're telling the truth or lying as to protect him. To ST, a lie is still lie no matter if the other person's intentions for lying are good or bad.

ST thinks in terms of black and white instead of shades of grey. He sees lying as a completely negative quality which isnt compatible with adoration for someone which he sees as a positive quality. You either like someone and never lie to them or you dont like someone and lie to them all the time. There's no in between for ST. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Even KT confirmed that his brother shared with her the info that has never been shared with others who are not closed to him.

Could you please tell more... what information? Which episode was this?

She might be experienced but what was that bit about step mom being goof even when she was fake? And am ok with everything but she seems  to derive pleasure by putting KT on the spot ! She confuses me.

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Also the mentions of Serengeti and farting whilst eating was a nod to the Korean movie Marathon  (true story) in 2005.  It did what Rain Man did for the West.  Marathon catapulted autism into the mainstream. So much so that mothers with autistic children referred to the condition as “marathon” (it became synonymous with the condition). 

Thanks for this interesting trivia :)

so many dramas keep giving small tributes to writers, films and directors... it is nice.

i had  a question for anyone who  wants to  or can answer this:

the fairy tale about the shepherd boy speaks to different people and can be fitted in different contexts shown in this episode. Could you tell how you see the connection?

• Like 6

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

But just because he is an Autist, that doesn't mean that he has no sexual desire or doesn't want a wife. She was by his side in the picture. Furthermore, it is not like he has no idea that his brother had no girlfriend. He is well aware what a girlfriend means. Sure, he wants to keep KT for himself, yet I sense there is more to it because of the hair. This is very intimate and is connected to seduction. And his words were: MY is very beautiful.

Definitely agree with that! Never said that just because ST is on the spectrum, doesn't mean he can't experience sexual desire or wanting a wife. However, i don't think thats what the show is trying to address. If they really wanted us to see MY as a romantic interest for ST (on the level beyond a crush e.g. gf/wife), i think they would have made things more obvious. In regards to the hair, you could be right. But from my work with people on the spectrum, one of the main things they find difficult to process is change. And having his idol change her hair that he obviously loved, was quite upsetting for him. To each their own but that's my interpretation of MY to ST! :)

• Like 17

11 hours ago, Misstinker said:

Just like KT was jealous of ST who got all his mothers love ST could be jealous KT was born without a disorder jealousy works both ways thats why he left him in the lake to die and beat him up talking about he owns himself 

This is a good point. I haven't been giving ST enough credit. Just because he's autistic, it doesn't mean he doesn't have emotions like everyone else. This goes along with what others have said about his possible romantic feelings for MY.

9 hours ago, stella77 said:

ohhhh for some reason the head nurse saying: 

Hide contents

that the mom dinosaur isn’t the real mom is ringing alarms for me now .... re the secret and step mom —— could it be that she killed the boy’s mom because she wanted them when they were children?! I don’t want her to be the killer though and maybe this is a terrible reach   

This raised the biggest question for me in this episode other than that cliffhanger. What was the nurse's motivation for saying this to GT? I find it interesting that it was ST who brought this up first, and ST also goes on to tell the nurse his mom was good to him but bad to GT...

Is there any possibility GT and ST are not biologically related??? I can't remember who now, but someone in this episode also said, "Anything fake is bad, but all moms are good." Ah?!?!?!?!

8 hours ago, debbsthebee said:

I was surprised that MY came to the house to see ST. Says quite a bit about her feelings for KT and her development as she's not usually the first one to extend the hand of friendship. Also I'm optimistic that ST will redeem himself next week by giving his brother the best gift (i.e. his acceptance of MY).

Me too. I love how MY is really coming into her own. We haven't seen her experience sleep paralysis in awhile. Granted, this is likely a story telling choice, you're not gonna show her experiencing this every episode. However, I think she's showing more independence and maturity in this episode.

This was a great episode for JR. I'm really liking her a lot more now. And her mom is amazing! The way she shows her love by feeding GT and MY... She's really the mother figure those two seemed to lack growing up.

• Like 15

this thread gives a good analysis (i think) for those who are suspicious of the Head Nurse. Got to go to the thread to see the subsequent analysis!

if Head Nurse really turns out to be MY's Mom then i must say wow she really good at putting up a facade?? I mean th Director (who was supposed to be good at reading ppl) didn't even see through her? Or maybe he did? B)

• Like 14
  • Insightful 4