[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Ahhh episode 10 was such a brilliant emotional roller coaster!!! And that cliffhanger...

Spoiler

I literally jumped when park ok-ran pulled that birthday popper :sweatingbullets:

I see a lot of discussions where people are still suspicious about the head nurse, and I’m not sure whether I’m just biased because of her previous role (she was a nice, cool boss in her last role in Find Me In Your Memory lol), but I seem to be missing the whole suspicious aspect of her? Like in eps 10 where she seemed to be spying on ST after he mysteriously got the book, I just interpreted it as her sensing something’s off with Park Ok-ran and keeping an eye on her — and it did seem like Ok Ran’s the one to have slipped in the book for whatever reason. The part where the head nurse brought up the whole “stepmom” thing might be suspicious, but even if she’s somehow MY’s mom what would be her motive in doing it?

However this show always keeps us on our toes so it’s still highly possible that things are not as they seem. I’m still leaning towards ok-ran being MY’s mum but judging from next week’s preview which seems light and lovey-dovey, the puzzle doesn’t seem to fit quite right. Sooo still anticipating the show to turn around and surprise us all!:idk:

On 7/19/2020 at 12:14 AM, floweroad said:

MY and KT relationship and turning points

"Why did he let her go if he loves her" "because he loves her too much, sometimes that's why you must let them go" "i will never let you go" This is one of the scenes that actually hit me, when KT and MY were speaking in the car. She calls the guy a fool for letting Areum go but i think this scene is a major foreshadow to what MY will do in the future i.e. let KT go. Right now she seems to have the fairytale version of love. That loving someone is easy, that it's all sunshines and rainbows. The concept of sacrifice because of love and leaving someone even though you love them is foreign. That's also why she can't understand KT constantly sacrificing his own happiness for ST. However, MY is going to see how much pain KT is in and i think she's going to decide to let him go. When and if that happens, MY will truly understand the meaning of loving someone. 

When MY decides to ignore her own desires and puts someone else first, I think that's going to be the biggest turning point for our heroine. On the other hand, KT seemed to readily accept the idea of letting the one you love go, so i think he's turning point will be when he fights for love and fights for what he wants i.e. MY. We will see him pushing her away and going back to suppressing himself, but when he finally decides to stay and to fight to make it work, that's when he'll grow. i think that's what makes this couple beautiful because eventually they'll find this common ground that they were able to get to by overcoming their own challenges. 

I think this is a brilliant analysis and yes I also think the show might be heading in that direction... perhaps if fan theories that MY’s mum killed KT’s mum are true, if/when this is revealed then it might lead to MY deciding to sacrifice her own happiness and let go of KT.. and then KT will struggle to overcome this painful information and then fight for MY to return? It does seem like a very bleak scenario, so I apologise, just bracing myself for the possible “separation-and-reconciliation” trope as is often the case in K-dramas’ penultimate episode :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, strongtower said:

Head nurse is acting weird. What could she be hiding? Could she be the one 'feeding' MY mom info to Ms Park Okran? 

I think the Head Nurse is acting as a detective. In Episode 6, Bluebeard's Secret, the Head Nurse and the Director Oh were discussing the choking incident. The Director thinks that MY's dad was having a delusion thinking he was choking someone else not MY. The Director tells the Head Nurse that they need to look into who the dad was possibly thinking of. When the Director became suspicious of  Park Ok-ran after the 'Oh Clementine' incident, the Head Nurse started observing Ok-ran a lot more and tried to read MY's mom book, The Murder of the Witch of the West, before Ok-ran snatched it back from her.

• Like 12
  • Insightful 6

3 hours ago, Misstinker said:

I read all of the comments so I just want to add my opinion I hope you guys don't get upset but I feel ST is jealous of his brother and MY relationship because he wants to be with her just think about it 

When KT said the water pipes broke and My spend the night was he upset about him lying no he was upset MY was wearing KT clothes 

Then he said what KT clothes was cheap humiliating him 

Then when KT said not to move in with MY he beat him up infront of MY humiliating him 

Remember the publisher came and he said he lives with MY but they not married he identified her and himself as a man in a women when KT showed up he said my little brother the coward humiliating him once again infront of MY

When he found out KT cut her hair he questioned him once again about why he cut her hair when MY asked why he liked her it wasn't her books it was because her hair thats a preference thats an attraction to someone or something now he found out they went away together he asking him questions again about her and embarrassed KT infront of MY and all his work family ST feel MY belongs to him he only wants to have a relationship with MY he doesn't want KT to have a relationship with MY 

Just like KT was jealous of ST who got all his mothers love ST could be jealous KT was born without a disorder jealousy works both ways thats why he left him in the lake to die and beat him up talking about he owns himself 

There is no doubt about it. Even the last scene in the episode 9 is quite telling. When ST yelled that his brother wanted to kill and abandoned him in the lake, he was actually talking about himself. ST wasn't honest here because he is the one who abandoned his brother and let him die there. Remember that MY asked him if there was one time when he wished his brother had died, it was at the lake. He felt betrayed by his brother's initial reaction (turning around and walking away) hence he wanted to do the same thing. If MY hadn't been there, KT would have died.

Right from the start, ST was interested in MY as a woman, he already got upset, when KT presented him a fake signature. The long hair is the sign of seduction and womanhood so ST was so happy to hear that they had become best friends. For him, it was a step closer to his dream. Having MY as his girlfriend/wife and his brother by his side that's the reason why he is so opposed to the idea that MY can have KT. For him, it would ruin his dream: a van where he is with MY and KT together and MY is by his side. Since he has learnt that his brother has always put him first, he wants to keep it this way.

By yelling that his brother was a murderer, he had the intention to ruin his reputation in front of MY and to make him feel guilty because he is well aware that his brother has never revealed his pain in front of him and suffered from guilt. ST is smart in his way.  

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4

I do not agree with my Results with character with Soompi's Quiz on IONBOTO but is LSI like this???But the personality is true. Hmmph, what does Soompi know more about characters on PsychoBio that we don't???

Spoiler

You're most like Lee Sang In. You probably need to take a break from social media and learn to relax. You'd do anything to protect the ones you love. Yes, things will blow up from time to time, but you've got to learn you can't control everything.

@bebebisous33 Your font color again is not visible on Dark/Night Evolution Mode sadly. :( 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, daloula said:

This! It felt exactly like this to me. It was in no way a healthy exchange and in no way a positive step. The way ST is forced to act the only way GT would be satisfied regardless of his wants and his own dreams when GT can never really do the same for him. It angered me more than anything.  

that's interesting you guys felt that way because i actually found it to be such an important scene. i think the breakdown will help with the bigger picture and for them both to move forward. it touched on both their fear of being abandoned, in particular ST's fear of abandonment, which was stemmed from the drowning incident and KT's past words. KT now knows ST's fear of being left behind and forgotten, and thus if he wants to allow others in his life e.g. MY, KT is going to have to clearly express to ST, that no matter what he will not leave ST. It may not feel like it in the moment, but it was an important scene to open up future conversations and help with ST's possessiveness.  

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, koalakimtae said:

hello!! ive been lurking at this forum since ep1 but i never comment, but i reallyyyyy love this drama and i cant help to join :D its my first time posting a comment on a soompi forum!

btw, what do you all threories about the butterflies? there must be a connection with MY right? since MY killed a bunch of butterfly when she was a kid. i think theres a corelation between MY mom, KT&ST mom accident, and MY. maybe MY hates butterfly bcs it reminds her of her mom? idk hehe please share your theories!

Welcome, sweetheart! :wub:

I almost forgot about the butterflies, to be honest. They would most probably be revealed in the last episodes & would be the breaking point of revealing what happened to KMY's mom, who Crazy Park really is, what has KMY's father done, etc. And would also help MST overcome his fears and finally accept KMY as his "younger sister". :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, floweroad said:

that's interesting you guys felt that way because i actually found it to be such an important scene. i think the breakdown will help with the bigger picture and for them both to move forward. it touched on both their fear of being abandoned, in particular ST's fear of abandonment, which was stemmed from the drowning incident and KT's past words. KT now knows ST's fear of being left behind and forgotten, and thus if he wants to allow others in his life e.g. MY, KT is going to have to clearly express to ST, that no matter what he will not leave ST. It may not feel like it in the moment, but it was an important scene to open up future conversations and help with ST's possessiveness.  

It could help in the future but it still felt unhealthy to me and also both if them going back to their past dynamic even if they got to talk about something that weighed on KT for his whole life. The relationship they went back to is still unbalanced and needs a lot of work. But I see what you mean and how it is a necessary step for a change to happen. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, floweroad said:

I'm not sure I agree that ST wants MY as his wife/gf. From my interpretation he just really idolises her and is basically a big MY fan boy. His reaction to being called her best friend just seems purely from happiness, very similar to the child like happiness he showed when he got that huge dinosaur from head nurse. Imagine seeing the type of friendship between KT and Jaesoo and not having a best friend yourself.. and then having someone claim you as their bestie and on top of that, someone you admire and idolise. Some aspects of ST's development is very much still like a child and when it comes to romance with MY i dont think it extends to anything more than a little childlike crush. I wouldn't say he has any intentions on purposely making KT look bad in front of MY either. Pretty sure in that scene,  ST wouldn't have even known MY was there watching. She came a bit later when he was already starting to breakdown. More importantly, I think ST opposes MY being with KT because he doesn't want KT to abandon him. That is what's going on in his mind as he says "dont abandon me" in ep 10. There's probably a part of him that wants a friendship with MY like KT has one with Jaesoo but i dont think thats why he is opposed to MY being with KT. The main thing driving ST's opposition (as seen through the aftermath of his meltdown and allowing MY to have the doll), is the idea that KT belongs to him, not that MY belongs to him. It's all about KT. 

But just because he is an Autist, that doesn't mean that he has no sexual desire or doesn't want a wife. She was by his side in the picture. Furthermore, it is not like he has no idea that his brother had no girlfriend. He is well aware what a girlfriend means. Sure, he wants to keep KT for himself, yet I sense there is more to it because of the hair. This is very intimate and is connected to seduction. And his words were: MY is very beautiful.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

@bebebisous33 and @floweroad

Just my take: i think ST's emotions are complex and there is some unspoken psychological communication happening too.

When MY goes to speak to ST on her birthday he says that she lied. She said she was going alone. 

I think there are hints that ST has a crush on her but am not sure if the story would want to deal with it or not.

Another point: GT must have suspected that MY was the girl he met as a child but whenever he would speak to ST, he would say that woman and not name her. Could it be because:

- of everything they have already discussed -- guilt and need to run away etc etc but also

- brothers do not encroach of each other's women... i might be putting it crudely but you know what I mean...

I think there are hints of how ST sees MY as more than a fan or friend whether we will pursue those or not am not sure.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, alexaze said:

Am I the only one that thinks the brothers' relationship is extremely unhealthy? KT merely lives, as MY would describe it, as a "hostage". ST is extremely possessive and KT's guilt forces him to be complicit. I thought we were gonna make progress but it seems that the relationship regressed.

On the bright side I'm glad we saw MY say "Kang-tae belongs to Kang-tae" in the preview for next episode. It's an issue that needs to be faced head-on and at this point MY might be the only one brave enough to do it

On the contrary, I dont think its regression but progress. Specifically, KT receiving forgiveness from ST and finally letting go of his guilt. MY hit the nail on the head when she asked if he was sacrificing everything to atone for his sins. By unchaining himself from ST, he is that much closer to finding his own happiness. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Right from the start, ST was interested in MY as a woman, he already got upset, when KT presented him a fake signature. The long hair is the sign of seduction and womanhood so ST was so happy to hear that they had become best friends. For him, it was a step closer to his dream. Having MY as his girlfriend/wife and his brother by his side that's the reason why he is so opposed to the idea that MY can have KT. For him, it would ruin his dream: a van where he is with MY and KT together and MY is by his side. Since he has learnt that his brother has always put him first, he wants to keep it this way.

I agree with you. I was under that impression since the beginning too. ST has his own subtle way to show his own jealousy. However, in episode 10 when ST hugged KT and said "Don't abandon me", and that night when ST kept saying that KT belong to him, plus the preview of episode 11 start making me think that ST is just afraid to be left behind by his brother. It will be interesting to see how the story unfolds. I think the brotherhood and MY issue with be solved soon, probably next week so that they have some time to solve the butterfly effect and MY's family issue.

Oh Jung-se's portrayal of an autistic person is so wonderful. I have an autistic cousin so I'm really surprised by his accurate acting. 

Last but not least: the drama rating. Personally I would have hoped for a higher ratings, about 10-15% would be great. But I get it this drama is not for everyone. It's complicated and portrays many layers of human's feeling. So I'm still loving it no matter what the rating is!

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Just finished episode 10...GT's love for his brother is very sweet but in some ways I feel like he's hanging on because he sees his mother in ST. Through ST, he's able to hold on to them both. This don't mean they have a good relationship though. They both still need the space. I think the person who has grown from this weekend's episodes the most was MY. She's able to see and accept little by little things don't go her way. Its like Zombie kid having feelings finally without having to eat up anyone. MY put her guard down a little when talking to drunk Ju Ri. I seriously didn't think anyone could just randomly hit MY but JR did. This is the turning point in their relationship.

I don't believe that crazy Park lady is MY's mom...they've had scenes in previous episodes...there were no vibes between them to make me think she's the mom...MY is good at reading people, she couldn't read this lady? Can't determine anything right now.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, whiteclover said:

also, i think most ppl here made the guess right that Park Ok Ran was the mother. She’s seriously creepy?

I think the nurse is doing more creepy things than POR.

Also... according to the first few episodes the doctor and head nurse have a close relationship then why is she doing what she is since that singing flowers with ST bit?

• Like 4
  • Shocked 2

ST as a character is very complex in terms of Emotions. Wherein I beleive He does have a attraction Crush on MY but when it comes to Objection on MY/KT being togethet, it is more leaning towards possessiveness for KT not the crush on MY per say.

I am not sure if Netflix Subbed the scene wrong today wherein ST is shouting that MY lied about going alone somewhere, but I guess it was Directed more towards KT ditching him and lying.

Also Yes I agree at this point I do see ST wanting MY to be his JS per the dedinition of what he has seen as a Best Friend.So for him both his brother and Best Friend LIED. Lying is not acceptable in his book.They both basically Abandoned Him. He is Smart enough to know that He can manipulate or Tell KT not to Abandon him more openly than to his new BF.

Also Him FORGETTING that He also Left KT in the Water Pool. He has a habit of doing so due to his outbursts. He Beat KT when he tore the contract and then starightforward went inside without Looking back, In that case as well He was wronged by KT as per his understanding, why would the River incident be any different?? That Is Unless there is anothet Hint not shown in the Flashback.

• Like 15