[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

so since the title of next episode is "Rapunzel of the Cursed Castle", we might (hopefully) get to learn more about her mom. mother Gothel kept Rapunzel hidden from the outer world in the name of her protection but actually was trying to benefit from her. also, Gothel showed love to Rapunzel just like MY's mother did. this is getting interesting! 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 9

My reaction: Unbelievable!!!

:crazymad:

Screenshot-20200701-090415.jpg

IMG-20200701-090830.jpg

Fans of It’s Okay To Not Be Okay are appreciating the series for shedding light on different mental health ailments. However, a few scenes from Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji's new drama have not gone down well with viewers.

International fans are applauding Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji's new drama It’s Okay To Not Be Okay for its attempt to shed light on mental health awareness. With just four episodes down, the tvN drama has already sparked the conversation about different mental health illness. However, It’s Okay To Not Be Okay finds itself in a controversy after the third episode featured a few scenes that did not go down well with audiences in South Korea and a few international viewers. 

The third episode of It’s Okay To Not Be Okay featured Kim Soo-hyun's Moon Kang-tae standing shirtless in the locker room/hospital's changing room when Seo Ye-ji's Ko Moon-young barges into the changing room and reaches out to the character's washboard abs. While the scene left many fans gushing, a few fans did not appreciate that the onscreen writer touched the caregiver without his consent. 

In another scene, Ko Moon-young expressed her wish to sleep with Moon Kang-tae. The bold scene has also left everyone talking. Viewers have also spoken up against Kwak Dong Yeon's cameo character Kwon Ki Do flashing in the scene. 

Viewers took to THEQOO and Twitter to deem the scene "sexual harassment." Via Koreaboo, a viewer, writing on THEQOO, said, "The entire scene about the hair being sexually arousing… LMAO. I really can’t even deal with how much harassment is overlooked as humor.” Another comment read, "All of these scene are problematic indeed. I can’t believe some of you are trying to side with the show… Look how forgiving we are when it comes to sexual harassment, huh?”

While viewers are pointing out the scene, there are a few speaking up against the backlash. 

As the online debate continues, the Korea Communications Standards Commission (KCSC) has received over 50 complaints regarding the show as of Monday (29/6) after. As reported by MoneyS via Naver, a representative revealed these complaints have been with regard to the sexual content appearing in the third episode. 

Do you think the makers went too far with the elements of the third episode? Let us know your opinions in the comments below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/hollywood/it-s-okay-not-be-okay-faces-criticism-over-sexual-harassing-scene-kcsc-gets-50-complaints-about-show%3famp

• Like 1
  • Unamused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

About the complain about harassment, I think the writer just want to portray the behavior of antisocial disorder. It does happen in real life. If they cannot handle it, don’t watch this drama

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

The eyes are the window to your soul.

- William Shakespeare

df9aef6f9a0235223b629f3c4f96081e47790d456b91cbfdfaa0790377f783fc8bd14ca79040897a0a1a3f2079ef31a1f108657df228cf9ae4e4a972

Spoiler

e1c21ad2ee3d7beb0b9bffee8d0f56daf607d46d

Cred. Tumblr (@iwillgotoyou)

This quote takes on a new meaning in regards to MY. She almost is too good (or well trained) at hiding her emotions. Before her increased interactions with KT - we didn't really get to see how broken she is. Just as much as she is slowly peeling off the million layers KT has, he has managed to do the same for her. It's a slow process but you can almost predict that they will be each other's salvation.

Just imagine two of them being vulnerable with each other and combine that with KSH and SYJ's chemistry and acting prowess - RIP to us viewers.

:crazily:

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

5 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

wahahahahahaa.. i also want to touch those abs

she is so pretty. i like her clothes, her make up, her hair, her red shoes..

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fangirl said:

About the complain about harassment, I think the writer just want to portray the behavior of antisocial disorder. It does happen in real life. If they cannot handle it, don’t watch this drama

Meanwhile, in 9 out of 10 dramas you have the oh so perfect and "normal" ML grab the FL by the wrist and take her like she were a rag doll and that's ok.

As KMY would say: Hypocrites 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

hhhmmm....i would like to comment about the harassment...i think we agree what MY did is wrong, you cant touch someone else abs sensually like that in private (locker room) or public (after KT drags her out and all of us in this forum watched it). it is really wrong actually..it will be ok if MY ask for permission which 99% wont be granted by KT..hahahahaha...:hwaiting2:

But..we can see from KSH acting, how bad it feels (embarrassed, angry, etc) when you are in his shoes, and it can be lesson for all fangirl/ fanboy not to cross the line of being a fan...for sasaeng i have no words..they are the samples of mental illness...

We can be happy touching someone who we like, but that someone is in agony by our actions. 

KT>:kicks:

just my opinion :) 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1