[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

On 8/13/2020 at 9:13 AM, sharoon0136 said:

I wish there were more interviews or those fun videos from the swoon :bawling: KSH and SYJ don’t seem to go on variety shows much, but hope to see them soon in CFs 

*the actress playing PHJ/DHJ should get a CF for plastic surgery :lol:

We can ask Gold Medalist about it, they have suggestion corner. You can send content suggestion at content@goldmedalist.com (via email). I personally did send them email about wanting them on variety show or having a vlog in YouTube. You should try to send it too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharoon0136 said:

why did they crop SYJ off the porridge scene :bawling: maybe so she won’t get distracted...? 

As all of us had noticed during the few last episodes, SYJ was barely in the BTS. Most likely she’s not in the condition to be on bts cam after all of the emotional and energy draining scenes that she had to do on screen. She had to cried a lot as we can see her eyes were all puffy in the last episodes despite during crying scenes. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Aww, our thread has fallen to the second page. Don't let it fall! :D 

Ever since IONTBO's finale, I suddenly remember some bits during the day, and get all emotional. Today I remembered this part, all of a sudden:

4247cc65c9df8e9185d24b404df8d3998f259085

4ef1062af4e2f6cddbe88acd75c8528a0e582d72

Source: hellofavillain (tumblr)

But, besides the obvious teasing & the fun, and, of course, the fact that they really needed Sang-tae to be ok with their relationship... MKT was actually very much into this - he even dreamt of Sang-tae encouraging the school boy MKT to talk to school girl KMY. So... it's all fun & everything, but it's even funner because it's actually true. :D 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

On 2/7/2020 at 4:41 AM, Helena said:

Actor Kim Soo Hyun confirmed his small-screen comeback with the drama "Psycho But It's Okay". Amid that, it was revealed that he received the ever "hugest" remuneration of up to 200 million won per episode.

Maybe if he lowers his acting fees,  he will shows up in more dramas??

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JungRok said:

Maybe if he lowers his acting fees,  he will shows up in more dramas??

Why would anyone do that? When you look for work, do you go there with the mindset to be paid less? If you know your value and know how to negotiate, you will always do good work and be well recompensed. That's how he got to be the best payed actor in korea. He doesn't do a lot of dramas, it's true but the ones he does pick he works hard at and always end up being hits. I honestly admire that about him. Sure, he could just be like some actors that i see in the field, who just do generic drama after generic drama, but then what's the point? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Alex Stefan said:

Why would anyone do that? When you look for work, do you go there with the mindset to be paid less? If you know your value and know how to negotiate, you will always do good work and be well recompensed. That's how he got to be the best payed actor in korea. He doesn't do a lot of dramas, it's true but the ones he does pick he works hard at and always end up being hits. I honestly admire that about him. Sure, he could just be like some actors that i see in the field, who just do generic drama after generic drama, but then what's the point? 

Yeah i know.. haha I mean he is capable to appear in more films/dramas... with his talents and dedication.. I am just afraid that amount would scare some creators to approach him..

No hate on me please

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JungRok said:

Yeah i know.. haha I mean he is capable to appear in more films/dramas... with his talents and dedication.. I am just afraid that amount would scare some creators to approach him..

No hate on me please

Well, as i see it, KSH seems to be the kind of actor that likes to challenge himself and try different things, so if a good role is presented to him, that can peak his interest, but the pay can't be to his normal standard, i don't really think he'll pass it up just because of that. He is known in the industry as a very picky actor with his choices in roles though, since a long time ago. I don't think he ever did more than 1 drama a year since his debut.. 

PS: Sorry if i came off too strong in that reply. No hate though :innocent::smooches2:

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)

All chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!

We have chosen three sageuks:

1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

2) Empress Ki (with Ji Chang Wook)

3) The Moon Embracing the Sun (with Kim Soo Hyun)

All three dramas were big hits back in the day, some even achieving over 40% viewership ratings!

You can join one of the re-watch parties or all of them! It doesn't matter if you have already seen the drama or it's your first time. Everyone is welcome to join!

:piggydance:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon & @Lmangla

• Like 7

On 8/11/2020 at 11:54 PM, bkng said:

I thought I have all the feels on this drama nailed – nothing could have surprised me more.

But it’s the very last scene with Sang Tae’s waving/bidding farewell to his younger brother that really got me in the guts super unexpectedly

Kim Soo Hyun’s act in that scene is just so on-point with what I saw in my aunt.

It’s brilliant, considering how I initially thought his character is bland (compared to Moon Young and Sang Tae), but his performance somehow just grow on me unknowingly.

He has actually managed to bring Gang Tae's character to life and gotten the viewers to see/feel in his shoes. 

For me, Sang Tae and Gang Tae’s individual self-development which further strengthen their siblings bond turns out to have a much more lasting impression than all other themes in this drama.

I totally agree with you - thanks for posting because I found that last scene so hard to describe with words even though it really made me emotional, too.  KSH was remarkable in how he executed that scene.  It captured all the emotions and shocked us one more time and made us feel what Gang Tae was feeling.  Honestly thinking back, GT probably doesn’t live day to day thinking about whether his brother can manage without him, and especially since they have been camping happily for a while I doubt he has been thinking about such heavy thoughts.  In a way, similar to how viewers were surprised, GT was probably also caught off guard in that moment with what ST said... and KSH showed this perfectly.

Again I thank the drama’s writer... I think it shows how these “issues” GT has been battling with for years remain real and molded in him... recent developments after meeting KMY were helpful in unraveling his pain but realistically it’s not that easy to unravel a lifetime of internal struggle; I’m so glad the writer acknowledged it and showed us by the end of the drama they’ve reached another stage of development in their brother-brother relationship. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.  So, so beautiful.

So while looking up the various makeup looks of SYJ as KMY (her makeup artist generously shared the makeup used to create the looks!), I came across a post that said a different actress was offered the role of KMY before Seo Ye Ji.  Though I’m sure she would have done a great job too (and rocked the KMY makeup looks), I can’t imagine anyone else playing KMY other than SYJ... her portrayal from facial expressions, beauty looks, to fashion statements is perfect. It’s like the role was made for her!  She is very talented and I’m so glad to have been introduced to her through this wonderful drama. Really glad Netflix is taking it next level and helping with the outreach to int’l fans!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

So while looking up the various makeup looks of SYJ as KMY (her makeup artist generously shared the makeup used to create the looks!), I came across a post that said a different actress was offered the role of KMY before Seo Ye Ji.  Though I’m sure she would have done a great job too (and rocked the KMY makeup looks), I can’t imagine anyone else playing KMY other than SYJ... her portrayal from facial expressions, beauty looks, to fashion statements is perfect. It’s like the role was made for her!  She is very talented and I’m so glad to have been introduced to her through this wonderful drama. Really glad Netflix is taking it next level and helping with the outreach to int’l fans!

Did you mean this actress?

Spoiler

Park Shin Hye?

If you meant her, apparently, it's only a rumor, PSH's agency also clarified that she was never offered this role.

Anyway, when talking about SYJ as KMY, not only the director but even the writer said she's the perfect one and can't imagine someone else as KMY. I'm so glad they made the right choice in choosing SYJ. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

HERE'S THE BACK STORY ON WRITER JO YONG'S INSPIRATION FOR THE DRAMA & HOW SURPRISED SHE WAS THAT KIM SOO-HYUN PICKED HER DRAMA. **Disclaimer: not a perfect translation but it's okay

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002887454

Jo Yong's Love Story:

...."This drama started with my love story with a man who had a personality disorder as the background of the drama. It's a drama like a self-reflection of my narrow-mindedness. I could't admit, embrace, and move beyond the prejudiced views. I gave up, and it was a sad ending. So through the character Kang-tae, who is the opposite of me, I wanted to show him recognition and acceptance that I couldn't do back then. I also wanted to apologize. [directed to her former love] I wanted to tell you somehow that it wasn't your fault and please be happy wherever you are. While writing this drama, I received the most healing treatment than anyone else, so I was happy and am grateful for the character Kang-tae."

About Kim Soo-hyun's casting:

..."Kim Soo-hyun's side contacted me last summer and said that they enjoyed the script. At first I couldn't believe my ears. After that I was filled with questions, "Why this?" I was grateful and touched that he chose the script of a rookie writer like me and he worked with affection for a character named Kang-tae, who is not as strong, unique, or colorful compared to the other characters."

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay | Series Review

The series’ narrative is a parallelism to the final book that Moon-young was trying to write. Like a parent reading his child a bedtime story before going to sleep, the series undergoes a full fairytale telling process. The majority of the series’ scenes happened in the OK Psychiatric Hospital and the Cursed Castle. Both very iconic locations that play a big role in the character development of Moon-young, Sang-tae, and Gang-tae. Moon-young’s book stories are heavy and dark, which take a lot of openmindedness to fully grasp the life lessons that she wants to impart to children. It’s like she uses her books to communicate her own life but with very grotesque storytelling.

Regardless of your age, there’s a certain mindset and attitude needed to read a fairytale, and this is where the importance of the hospital comes in. You don’t enter a psychiatric hospital expecting everyone to be normal. There’s a level of humility and understanding expected out of you when you’re in that place. In the series, it’s established through Sang-tae’s character that there’s a strong similarity between a child and a person with special needs. Never lie to them, insult them, disregard their feelings, and most important of all, forget to listen for what they have to say. Sang-tae’s innocence is so pure, his mental health is like that of a child’s. But as the series would remind us, even a child can teach an adult an important lesson in life.

Interestingly enough, you’d think that the patients are the only ones trying to mend at the hospital. But the substantial amount of time Moon-young, Gang-tae and Sang-tae all have to spend there is quite telling that they too were trying to heal from their respective “special cases.” What’s more significant is that both Director Oh Ji-wang (Kim Chang-wan) and Ju-ri’s mom Kang Soon-duk (Kim Mi-kyung) played crucial roles in the healing of the primary characters. Director Oh always had the right thing to say or trick to play, while Ju-ri’s mom never served food that the three of them didn’t like. And it’s not a coincidence that both of them work at the hospital.
  • Like 3