[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

19 minutes ago, kkwengsoyy said:

Kang Tae is the only employee I know who's pretty ecstatic to be suspended from work lol.

Yes, because for Once He is Letting S#it Hit the Fan and wants to LIVE and Have FUN!!

I remember an Indian Movie called Tamasha , it had a similar trajectory for the main actor, He was good looking, had a Job and appeared a Normal Person in front of the World. Inside he was a Suppressed Volcano.He also wanted to have fun.He did have fun before he lost his temper when he adopted a Fake Identity and went on Trip to Foreign Country. After that he came back to his accepted reality and When He hit his limit with the dissatisfaction of keeping up a personna he went on a rampage to show the mirror to the people around him and questioned his upbringing as to why He was asked to do and Be in a certain manner , when the society wanted him to be, He cussed his Boss, basically Made it known that HE IS THROWING HIS Job away and went onto do something he actually loved LIVE HIS LIFE HIS OWN WAY.And he did NOT suffer from a Designated Mental Issue

Here KT wants to Have fun and let go of the Burdens. He finally found and gained confidence from the person he liked and also realized that his Brother can very well take decisions by himself upto a certain capacity. That is why He is happy, he gets to ENJOY..Not Everyone can get an opportunity without loosing IT or being called a Jerk.His Suspension is his Blessing what may seem like a Curse to Others. Besides for the financial Aid his brother is earning and His Pseudo GF is Rich so that should also count.

I am GLAD this episode DID NOT have Horror SHOW !!! Jeesh.

MY and ST did find a match in each other, Poor KT he is the mother hen to his 2 bickering Kids.

I liked this episode, kinda like palate cleanser from the past week heaviness.

MY is heeling, Her eyes are brighter, She is moving on from LUST TO LOVE. I mean she is treating KT less of an object to devour and More like a person with feelings. KT is releasing the burden.

But ST is getting flustered because all he knows that his brother is for Him not for the Lady he once had a crush on.

And JS will end up butchering someone because now he is stuck up with people he particularly cannot talk to. I get his frustration as a friend, He also needs his friend but his friend is now Busy Lol.

Am I bad I want JS and the assistant to have an angle, The Witty and the Chicken Owner??? :D 

Preview Episode 9: MY telling KT , that she does not want him to Always be a Caretaker for his brother. I believe a person without Mental Issues might also put forward such request. She is not asking him to abandon his brother but asking him to live for himself and them as well.

Let them Heal AND then We will be thrown with the Parents Angle which I do not how will shake up things.

PS: The Lady with the Floral Dress is fishy and I think she knew MY's Mom.

• Like 8

oh my goodness, just finished episode 8. wow WOW WOW. I loved the focus on KT today and his growing feelings for MY. I think this episode was really important in highlighting the gradual positive changes MY has induced in KT e.g. the more frequent smiles and of course the end where he 'lost control'. it was a wonderful moment because KT was no longer suppressing how he felt for the sake of others, he felt anger and frustration and acted on his feelings like any other person would and that was beautiful to see. this was also greatly paralleled by MY letting go of that rock she was going to use. it seems both our leads are letting go of that part of them that made their life so unhealthy/toxic. 

i think we also saw some great changes to MY in this episode too. her softer and empathetic side is coming through. for example in the raining scene when KT was mainly covering ST with his umbrella but MY was covering KT. I thought that was a very sweet moment. Then at the end when she helped A-reum, we didn't really see her hesitate as she has in the past when people have needed help. Her initial opinion on beauty and the beast was also quite cynical, i.e. belle had stockholm syndrome, however MY listened to what A-reum was saying and could see the value/truth in how love or another person could heal your wounds. tbh when i watched that scene of MY explaining  Beauty and the beast, i thought of our leads and whether or not their relationship was reflected in the cynical version of this classic tale, however A-reums speech made me realise the writers intentionally did this to highlight the fact that that's not the case for MY/KT, and that compassion is what draws KT to MY initially and love is what will heal them both. 

Although there were sweet moments between our leads, this episode also felt heavier to me because of the impending struggle I foresee KT will have when it comes down to trying to balance both MY and ST in his life. Ep 8 highlighted ST's struggle with this change and it will definitely be a major obstacle in the development of MY/KT's relationship in the next few episodes. ep 9 preview where he asks 'who do you like more me or MY?' already tells us what road we will be going down. My heart literally broke when i saw KT's face when ST said MY could have mang-tae (the doll) but not KT. Kudas to KSH's acting because that slight facial change really said it all. Poor KT, although im so happy he felt free today,  I can already foresee the problems that will arise for our guy i.e feeling like he will have to pick between MY/ST at some point. None the less, an excruciating wait for next week's episode! Looks like we'll get a sweet date but I'm guessing KT stuffs it up by asking her about her Mum? And then maybe MY will get defensive and thats why KT has that little rant to himself in his bed about being stupid? idk hahah. my heart can't deal with this, can our couple just be happy all the time! 

• Like 16
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, damondayfreak1 said:

OK, makes sense. Though I'm like "but there are butterflies everywhere in Korea... Kang Tae could have taught him that he's gonna be OK whereever he is, because Sang Tae is not dumb". And "why can't Kang Tae keep a job after so many years (if put aside his older brother's issue with butterflies)?"

You don't have to reply, I'm the kind of person to question the basis of the concept of TV series so... don't bother lol

hmm.. not sure if you are oversimplifying it.. but sure..each has their own questions..

it is more about trigger and hence spring when flower blooms and you would probably find more butterflies..because problem is not just butterfly, ok hospital has them.. its a trigger..

trigger that will make ST not agreeing to staying in that place..and as it seems KT ends up losing job quite often when brother goes into his fit

• Like 3

MY-KT is the definition of a couple who does not need to kiss or hug onscreen to make us squeal. Literally just one look at each other and we melt.

That is unadulterated chemistry right there.

And finally seeing KT embracing himself like that was such a breath of fresh air! And that smile - homeboy made me giddy from all that smiling!

:blush::blush:

img.gif

img.gif

Cred. owner

• Like 13
  • Love 10

2 hours ago, damondayfreak1 said:

still don't understand why the Moon brothers had to move so many times... I guess I'll watch again the 1st episode. OK, Sang Tae is afraid of butterflies, so what?

I will try to answer this with what I understand:

- they had to move because KT was underage and KT+ST wanted to live together than be sent to the institution.

- ST would become noisy and his tantrum episodes would increase in the spring when butterflies would be more in number. This would then draw attention to the brothers, which they didnt want.

- they will show/explain once butterfly secret is revealed. 

- why they move is hinted in a dialogue exchange in episode 2.

This is based on my understanding :)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Episode 8 seemed a bit weaker compared to the previous episodes but this was absolutely done on purpose.

It actually continued to be "a scissors episode", as this time we saw KMT "cutting something off". Everything is so messed up, yet I am here with you, and nothing else matters - more or less, this was the motto of this episode. 

The obvious was, of course, how (childishly for now but we'll see in future) MST & KMY will fight for MKT's love and attention. But the most important was that this was the beginning of MKT's transition.

I've said before that all three main characters (MKT, KMY, MST) will help each other "grow" and change. We are slowly starting to see this. KMY already starts to think about the love part in the fairy-tales (The Beauty and the Beast might not be a story only about a Stockholm Syndrome, after all); MKT's life seemed to be so screwed on the surface, yet this was what he has always wanted; and now the next one is MST - breaking from his "little brother" and living his own life.

By the way, this time MST was the one who grabbed my attention on several times. Besides the obvious fight for Mang-Tae, I also liked two moments:

1. When he tried to defend MKT in the director's office. He was trying to be the big brother and it was honestly heart-warming.

2. MST's bonding with the nurse at the hospital. I can see a blossoming friendship & a strong bond there. 

3. Not to mention the part with the spicy food and the ... that hurts when you ... :D 

Such a beautiful trio though - MKT, KMY, MST. Like a big family. :wub:

• Like 12
  • Love 7

Sooo many good scenes this week.

I really like how the head petting went from MY petting KT to now KT petting MY. I really really love every single time KT pet MY's head this week. Feel so comforted just from watching it. It's such a symbolism of their mutual comfort for each other.

Especially loved Sang Tae's dialogues this week too! How he pointed out to KT that those who are unwell in their hearts cry out at night and though he was referring to KT, KT only thought of MY. Hahaha it was also funny how when JS asked ST what "later" meant and he explained that sometimes it can be before somebody dies HAHAHAHAHAHA. Loved that so much.

I find it so interesting how the patient's expression of feeling sorry for how she had treated her daughter got KT thinking about his mom. It was a huge step forward seeing how he opened up to JS and asking him if his mom felt sorry (also, really loved that JS was being ultra supportive in this scene and JR's mom for setting the right perspective for KT about his mom). Seeing him both in tears in front of JS and while he hugged ST crushed me but I think it was a very enlightening moment of how our perceptions can sometimes be affected by our sense of rejection. When ST reminded KT that they used to eat jjampong was because mom knew KT was the one who liked it, it finally dawned on KT that his memories had been distorted by his own feelings of being rejected by his mother. He had been blind of her love for him under the false impression that she only loved ST and he was only of use for ST. The scene of him being left out of the umbrella is now extended to show his mom turning back to look for him.

I think at this point I agree that this is a healing drama. The person getting healed is me though. There's just so much life lessons one can extract from the many metaphors and scenarios crafted into the plot of this drama. Truly appreciate each and every one of it.

• Like 12
  • Love 5

This drama is just the gift that keeps giving. The 8th episode is such a gem too. Today was really the episode of KT finally not suppressing himself and his feelings and finally making a mess. It's such a healing drama since it makes me think about all the things I actually do too and that are shaping up some of my decision making too in a way that is sometimes not the best for me. 

• Like 11
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, daloula said:

This drama is just the gift that keeps giving. 

This is actually the one sentence that decribes IONTBO the best. It really is something that keeps on giving. Feels so good to have the chance to take all that it gives us. :) 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

I can't get over the scene where MY covers her umbrella over GT. Its a very symbolic scene showing how she is growing up. These little gestures are very meaningful to her character development. Goodness, I'm already pining for next Saturday and Sunday. Since being quarantined I haven't looked forward to the weekend as much as i am now.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, N Bina said:

I can't get over the scene where MY covers her umbrella over GT. Its a very symbolic scene showing how she is growing up. These little gestures are very meaningful to her character development. Goodness, I'm already pining for next Saturday and Sunday. Since being quarantined I haven't looked forward to the weekend as much as i am now.

I love that scene too because it also shows that someone now is stepping up to take care of GT too after he spent his life taking care of  his brother.

tpd5.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 7

I let out numerous sighs this episode.. Wow. Despite all the happy scenes and MY and KT getting closer, I could feel the incoming heartbreak. We all knew that KT would eventually be pushed to choose between MY and ST. I just want everyone to be happy. I wish Sang Tae didn't say that to Kang Tae, but at the same time I understand why. I fear that either KT will move and choose his brother over MY, or that MY will let KT go so he can be with his brother. I hope there is no break up, the two leads have just been through so much already.

:crybaby:

Also, doesn't it feel like everyone is against KT and MY's healing?? MY gets a haircut, Sang Tae asks why and says she looks pretty before. KT finally letting out his emotions, Jae Su telling him he looks like a joker and the nurse telling him he was good at holding it in. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, stella77 said:

They run away from butterflies because ST witness their mom’s murder and due to his trauma - he believes the butterflies are associated with the killer. He keeps on having nightmares that butterflies are out to get him etc. Since they were on the run since they were young, they just developed this nomadic lifestyle moving almost every year. KT feels like doing this will help ST deal with his nightmares but actually, he admits it’s for himself too - running away is easier to do than facing complicated problems. 

Yup and Also because what I think.

1. ST was watching something related to Butterflies Before Their Mum's Murder.

2. His Trauma made him convulate and merge the 2 concepts which Led ST to believe that BUtterflies are what chasing Him because they killed their Mum.

There is an Recurrent theme of Supressed/Overlapped Modified Memories in this show.The Characters are Basically Living Inside their Head and that is mostly what happens, their Imagination is their Made up reality. Some have the imagination part more prominent than others.

Prominent Ones....>>>>

1. MY's confusion on her Mom.being DOA

2. KT resentment leading to misunderstanding his MuM for half his live

3. ST relation to Butterflies.

4. The Fur Lady and her daughter's accident, also the fact that she was Poor but thought she was rich enough to get Plastic Surgeries.

Also Yes, There are BUTTERFLIES EVERYWHERE IN KOREA BUT Were Moon Brothers Living in Vicinity to a Garden or Jungle to Spot plethora of Butterflies everyday ??? Nope, they were from what I remember living in a City Space where spotting a Butterfly would be less, Also ST was working in such a place less closer to see a Butterfly, whenever He saw one that Triggered him ( the first scene itself was KT getting scolded for ST trigger was due to this thing I believe).

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

28 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Yup and Also because what I think.

1. ST was watching something related to Butterflies Before Their Mum's Murder.

2. His Trauma made him convulate and merge the 2 concepts which Led ST to believe that BUtterflies are what chasing Him because they killed their Mum.

There is an Recurrent theme of Supressed/Overlapped Modified Memories in this show.The Characters are Basically Living Inside their Head and that is mostly what happens, their Imagination is their Made up reality. Some have the imagination part more prominent than others.

Prominent Ones....>>>>

1. MY's confusion on her Mom.being DOA

2. KT resentment leading to misunderstanding his MuM for half his live

3. ST relation to Butterflies.

4. The Fur Lady and her daughter's accident, also the fact that she was Poor but thought she was rich enough to get Plastic Surgeries.

Also Yes, There are BUTTERFLIES EVERYWHERE IN KOREA BUT Were Moon Brothers Living in Vicinity to a Garden or Jungle to Spot plethora of Butterflies everyday ??? Nope, they were from what I remember living in a City Space where spotting a Butterfly would be less, Also ST was working in such a place less closer to see a Butterfly, whenever He saw one that Triggered him ( the first scene itself was KT getting scolded for ST trigger was due to this thing I believe).

Yes I agree with you its called intrusive dreaming and thinking its symptoms of PTSD which comes from a traumatic experience its all caused from

Trauma remember they moved when ST dreams start thats his trigger that start his episodes and even MY father has it I wonder what her mother did to them in that house  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

So many moments in this ep had me literally squealing and I never do that lol I never get tired of MY and KT wow SYJ and KSH need to be cast in everything together!

edit: this is definitely the calm before the storm. I can see KT not liking MY's comments about ST/ or feeling guilty about leaving him and we'll probably get our "separation" UGH

• Like 12