[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay Episode 7 not only made us laugh, cry, and laugh again, but gave us several life lessons. (by Reiane Garcia)

Hours before Episode 8 let’s reflect on some of these lessons and see how it applies to our own personal lives.
1. Your body is honest, when you’re in physical pain, you cry, but the heart is a liar, it stays quiet when it’s hurting. 
- Moon Sang Tae, Its Okay To Not Be Okay Episode 7

2. Mother’s love is powerful despite them being sinners. At some point in our lives, it’s difficult to understand their reasons, but in the end, their motives and actions are always for the benefit and welfare of their children.

3. I realize that what he needs is not another brother but a friend. 
- Jaesu, Its Okay To Not Be Okay Episode 7

4. When you’re tired, get some rest. When you’re sad, go ahead and cry. It’s ok to take a break. There will surely come a day when you will be able to run again. 
- Dr. Oh Ji Wang, Its Okay To Not Be Okay Episode 7

5. Don’t be deceived by people who always smile and laugh. They may be happy on the outside but their hearts are tied with heavy burdens that surface when their guard is down. Most of us have kept our pains for so long that we tend to forget how to free ourselves from them.

005zaCLggy1ggoinmk9ctj31hc0u07t3.jpg

005zaCLggy1ggoinnktcrj31hc0u01kx.jpg

005zaCLggy1ggoinpqumej31hc0u0azd.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, Not Me said:

wowww is this told in today's episode? or did i miss it at earlier episode?i dont remember watching scenes MY saved him when his mother died

nah..theorizing

What we can be sure of is that MY's mom beat ST and ST's mom back then, potentially killing ST's mom.

But ST was saved...someone did save him..

His fear of butterflies and MY killing butterflies.. clearly MY's mom (either she liked butterflies or she had cornucopia of butterfly themed trinkets)

Plus just as KT's memories are unreliable, MY's are unreliable too.. i think she blocked her memories of killing mom but dad remembers :)

Lastly, our lady at hospital singing clementine.. pretty sure is an avid/stalker fan who knew about the life of her idol.. OR a sister (but then MY would have recognized her at the hospital)

29 minutes ago, Not Me said:

wowww is this told in today's episode? or did i miss it at earlier episode?i dont remember watching scenes MY saved him when his mother died

nah..theorizing

What we can be sure of is that MY's mom beat ST and ST's mom back then, potentially killing ST's mom.

But ST was saved...someone did save him..

His fear of butterflies and MY killing butterflies.. clearly MY's mom (either she liked butterflies or she had cornucopia of butterfly themed trinkets)

Plus just as KT's memories are unreliable, MY's are unreliable too.. i think she blocked her memories of killing mom but dad remembers :)

Lastly, our lady at hospital singing clementine.. pretty sure is an avid/stalker fan who knew about the life of her idol.. OR a sister (but then MY would have recognized her at the hospital)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Next ep preview! The second date!

Finally, the number one fan cannot take it anymore and asked KT the question he always asked, who did he like, writer KMY or me?

Poor KT, MY sure knows how to make him jealous!  :Megalol:

• Like 10
  • LOL 5

24 minutes ago, damondayfreak1 said:

I still don't understand why the Moon brothers had to move so many times... I guess I'll watch again the 1st episode. OK, Sang Tae is afraid of butterflies, so what?

if you ask that question, that defeats the whole purpose for this story or drama to exist

they are on a run

running away from butterflies so that they don't find ST

if ST is convinced butterflies have found him, how do you think he would stay at that place? If KT doesn't have a job how cna they stay?

• Like 4

Wow. This drama is truly one of a kind. The character development for both MY and KT is so good, MY especially. Little does she know it, she's someone who cares so deeply and hits hard with her words/fists. This is my type of leading lady. I cannot praise KSH and SYJ's chemistry enough. They have to stop staring at each other because I'm screaming into a pillow half of the time when they do that! Visually stunning couple.

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

Watched ep 8 with subs and i'm so in love with KT!! Finally he realized his feelings. He's deep in love with her and i can't wait to see a PROPER KISS SCENE! WRITERNIM SORRY FOR THIS RANT BUT WE ALL WANT A KISS SCENE...:whytho:

About ST and the butterflies i think someone with a butterfly dress stamp on it has threatened to kill him that night but i think that threat saved him! Maybe was a little MY who said it to him... Maybe little MY saw GT and ST's mom die...

Anyway i screamed when i saw the jealousy scenes... KT was soooooooooo  cute!!! And when MY reassured him on the couch i was like

:bashful:

And when he punched that crazy ex husband to save her i was like

:please:

This drama and this couple are the DEATH OF ME!!:heartxoxo:

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

if you ask that question, that defeats the whole purpose for this story or drama to exist

they are on a run

running away from butterflies so that they don't find ST

if ST is convinced butterflies have found him, how do you think he would stay at that place? If KT doesn't have a job how cna they stay?

OK, makes sense. Though I'm like "but there are butterflies everywhere in Korea... Kang Tae could have taught him that he's gonna be OK whereever he is, because Sang Tae is not dumb". And "why can't Kang Tae keep a job after so many years (if put aside his older brother's issue with butterflies)?"

You don't have to reply, I'm the kind of person to question the basis of the concept of TV series so... don't bother lol

• Like 3

Another great episode for #8! So many great scenes today - I will rewatch it later this week.

Spoiler

I think I laughed the hardest re Jae Su’s gum accident and then shaving off Mr. Lee’s mustache and all etc. It was just unexpected funny scene. Both of them are great at comedic acting.

I also think my heart broke when ST said to KT that MY can have Mang Tae but not KT. ST does understand and sees the relationship being developed between KT and MY. He has never shared his brother before and will take some adjustments.

The whole fight over Mang Tae between ST and MY was therefore not really about the doll for ST (but it was about the doll for MY). ST went really hard on MY because he was fighting for his brother KT. It is also why he gave the doll up pretty easily. I like this fight scene because it reminded me of my own siblings fighting over toys and such while growing up. My most infamous sibling fight involved a GI JOE figure flushed down the toilet and causing the toilet to break lol. My parents had to renovate the bathroom completely as the result!

I am so happy for KT though that he can finally acknowledge his feelings and doing something that his heart wants. Jealous KT was fun to watch and it was a good build up to the release by the end of the episode. 

I think MY is also progressing well and I actually found her “handsome pen” scene great lol. I think most viewer knew she was after the pen but let KT misunderstand to mess a bit with him. My favorite scene is def the couch scene when she asked KT how to repress anger and their interaction after. KT never had a chance lol. Another powerful MY scene was at the end of her class - her realization of what “love” was was quite amazing too (SYJ did great in this scene for me). 

Happy they left us with a happy episode since next week will require them to really continue their efforts and find a way re ST too. For me I love the scenes when they all walked together in the rain and into the clinic. I think it is good for shadowing that it will be OK. 

G’night fellow fans. 

@damondayfreak1 They run away from butterflies because ST witness their mom’s murder and due to his trauma - he believes the butterflies are associated with the killer. He keeps on having nightmares that butterflies are out to get him etc. Since they were on the run since they were young, they just developed this nomadic lifestyle moving almost every year. KT feels like doing this will help ST deal with his nightmares but actually, he admits it’s for himself too - running away is easier to do than facing complicated problems. 

• Like 14
  • Love 3

It seems like Sang-tae and Moon-young are both vying for Kang-tae's love. I guess there's more heartbreak in store for us. Well at least we'll get more sweet moments next week

I hope this is the beginning of Kang-tae "removing his pin" and letting loose

• Like 6
  • Off-Topic 1